120 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sajubistro.com/
- Phone: 2129977258x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jose Calleja
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Justin Bernard 2129977258x
A word from Saju Bistro
Located in the heart of Midtown, our restaurant serves authentic French Provencal cuisine in a casual bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, extensive wine selection, impeccable service, and elegant, yet cozy, atmosphere brings the best of Provence to your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saju Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (59)fit for foodies (48)romantic (39)special occasion (38)good for groups (32)great for brunch (30)late-night find (21)notable wine list (16)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Enjoyable-already recommended Saju!OphiraDined on 10/18/2014the food, service at Saju were great. Delicious and nicely set. All three of us enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Times Square TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The service was excellent. Jean Marc, the Maitre D' seated us within 5 minutes. We were unhurried by the staff and had lots of time to talk. The food was very good and was served hot. My wife loved the Chandon champagne split. She said it was one of the driest she has ever had. I noticed that the theatre goers were served quickly in order to make curtain time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014True to its name, a proper French bistrot. The food is really well prepared. Wine list is decent. However, the service is very slow so it's best to foresee ample time if you are going to the theatre. On the other hand, all staff are friendly and courteous which makes up for the lack of speed. Even spotted some celebrities! Definitely added to our list of local pre-theatre dining regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Staff & Delicious FoodtheaterloverVIPDined on 10/16/2014We were stuck in a traffic jam and called to say we'd be late. The maitre d assured us that he would hold our table. We were going to the theater, so the waiter kindly rushed our order. As we were leaving, the maitre d even suggested a short-cut to the theater! We arrived at the theater with time to spare after one of many delicious meals at this restaurant.Special Features:
- laura8VIPDined on 10/16/2014As usual, the food was very good. BUT the oysters were not shucked properly, so our friend had great difficulty eating them. And the pistou was kind of dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Beautiful and roomy french bistro, in very convenient location to Times Square and theater district, on one of the side streets away from tourist traffic. Had seafood risotto which was plentiful and delicious, very rich, but with just a little too much butter. Enjoyed the bread and olives on the table. Atmosphere was great, but service was a little slow for lunch. Fortunately we were not in a hurry and enjoyed the added time. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ent24Dined on 10/16/2014The best way to describe Saju Bistro is that it is a pleasant surprise. Whether you're having breakfast upfront or lunch/dinner in the back of the restaurant, the food, ambience and service are all excellent.Special Features:
- Brunch on BraodwaySamszasaDined on 10/12/2014Went to the theater district for a Matinee not expecting to find a descent brunch for a good price. Mostly restaurants in this area are so so and they want you out a fast as possible. Here they let us enjoy a price fix brunch,$22 with a good selection on the menu. The portions were large and the brunch came with a cocktail. Very enjoyable and relaxing .Special Features:
- TortugitaTortugitaDined on 10/9/2014Fabulous find especially pre theater. Outstanding octupus and panne cotta. Intimate yet vibrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater DiningBKLPHDDined on 10/9/2014Convenient to the show "Beautiful", and excellent service and food. We enjoyed our dinners and found the prices fair. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post matineewriteratlunchDined on 10/8/2014We had an early dinner after a matinee performance. The service was terrific, food very good, and reasonably priced. I'd certainly go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok placeGreatVIPDined on 10/5/2014Ok place for brunch. Nothing special to say about it. The place was dead for the sunday brunch. Food was ok and service was below standard.
- After Theater....VBDinerDined on 10/3/2014Was given this restaurant suggestion from a friend in the theater world as a great spot in mid town theater district with terrific food that won't break the bank...our dining experience there fit all the above. Wonderful food combined with friendly excellent wait staff made for the perfect post theater meal! I will suggest this to friends and will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible servicePDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014we had to ask five different people and waited over 15 minutes to get a glass of water. will never go back to this restaurant
- UESFOODIEVIPDined on 10/2/2014Reasonable and good bistro in the theatre district. Would definitely consider when next looking for a restaurant pre-theater.
- Good food & Good servicestagestruckDined on 10/2/2014We had a very nice experience. Enjoyed the food and enjoyed very professional service. This was my 5th time at Saju. I recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/30/2014One of my favorite theatre district haunts. Food is consistently good, prices are reasonable, and service is always attentive to theatre time constraints. Highly recommend.
- A french gem in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated a friend's 65th birthday who had come back home to NYC after many years. There were 5 of us and we had a wonderful time. The food is always exceptional and the service is perfect. The ambience of the restaurant is very homey and french and I always enjoy being there. I have recommended this restaurant to many and everyone is always more than satisfied. Thanks so much for making our celebration a wonderful success!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clean plate clubAnnieDined on 9/27/2014Six of us went to Saju prior to the theater. We were given a round table as requested. The waitress was delightful and helpful. The busboys were very quick to respond to our requests. And, the food was fab! Three people had the salmon which they loved. Two of us had the seafood grill which was delicious and one had the turkey burger with a side that they said was great. Everyone of us had a clean plate at the end of diner! The 3 desserts we shared were also yummy. My husband and I were here once before but our friends never were. They certainly will be returning soon as well as recommending this bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent ServicesSmartChoicesDined on 9/27/2014Went in with a short timeline and an expectatio. For good food . Got both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food options!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Great variety of food. Hamburger to great fish options! We all had something different and all cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great food and fast serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Staff is very conscious of customers' time for theatre show. Very attentive and good seafood! Other reviews' helped me select this french bistro. Worth going especially for pre-theatre dining!Special Features:
- Tried and trueJudithVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food quality is consistent; good sized portions, but service is sometimes uneven.Special Features:
- Nice for casual Business LunchJRD63VIPDined on 9/22/2014Quick service, wide menu and good food in a french bistro atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bistro food in Theater DistrictDK1362Dined on 9/21/2014Good quality food at reasonable prices. Was not too busy the Sunday dinner we were here. We enjoyed our comfortable surroundings, good service and dinner. I rate this restaurant above average and you get what you would expect from a bistro.
- French Food @ Times Sq & TheatersKDAADined on 9/21/2014We were running late but the host was very considerate to honor our reservation of 9! We were pleased to find ample room here...good sized table for us and a bar in the front of the restaurant. The menu choices were good for breakfast and lunch...and satisfied all of our 4 young men who are all over 6' 4" & know how to eat! But the items were refined enough to satisfy my husband and me...nice French options with enough choice mixed in for everyone. Prix Fixe Menu for Brunch was appreciated...Mimosas or Bloodies and a meal for $33ish. All in all a very solid option in the chaos near Times Square and the Theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatreSpads26Dined on 9/17/2014Saju Bistro was a great place to go before a theatre matinee. Service was great...food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find....NistrachDined on 9/16/2014Based on the great reviews we booked Saju Bistro in advance of leaving Scotland with the aim of enjoying a pre-theatre. It was an excellent move. The food was superb and we ended up going a la carte in any case. Highly recommended..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveoutdoordiningDined on 9/12/2014Loved being able to sit by the open window for our 5th anniversary! We were running late due to traffic but staff held our special table!Special Features:
- Saju BistroBirthdayDined on 9/12/2014The food was great - We enjoyed ourselves once again at this European inspired Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could be more positiveBklndfVIPDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had a dreadful evening. It's not completely the restaurant's fault: The level of noise at the restaurant is brutal, not "energetic." The problem is the decor: all plaster and hard surfaces. It's just a loud place. And yes, part of the problem was other patrons who, mostly, were yelling (because once one groups starts talking loudly, so do you). If you want to eat and talk, this is not the place. if you want to eat and yell, go. Food was quite good. Service ended up fine, but started out with a major misstep--we were ignored while tables on either side, seated at the same time, had drinks and appetizers before we were even told the specials. After we made a fuss with the waiter, he recovered well.
- Nice lunch spot!VDubVIPDined on 9/9/2014A friend recommended this restaurant to me and I was not disappointed. The food was amazing and it was great that it was so close to my office. I will look forward to going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aNYRDined on 9/8/2014Mediocre food and service. Nice range of wines at different price points, but the wine service wasn't wonderful. The location is convenient near major theaters and shows and the decor is lovely, but overall unlikely to go back.
- DeliciouspegfDined on 9/7/2014My group of 4 had brunch on Sunday. The service was excellent and so was the food. I enjoyed the dining experience and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely Restaurantmreich04Dined on 9/6/2014This was my third time at Saju and it was as good as I remembered it. It's a nice, sweet place. The food is simple and good and the service is excellent. I totally recommend this as a before theatre dinner or a great lunch and brunch place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014Very nice for pre-theater dinner. Although the prix-fixe was found to be gone, the price of dinner is moderate for generous portions of good food.Special Features:
- A hidden jewel with great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food items. The food is great. The wine choices are great and so is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saju BistroMaruzellaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Loved this gem of a restaurant! The experience was well worth it: Cozy restaurant with beautiful warm lighting: They serve you a whole bowl of olives before you even order anything; they are mixed kinds of olives and all delicious! The asonable: we even ordered a winde for $30 a bottle! The food was delicious, the atmosphere cozy and relaxed and the service was attentive We will definitely come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING!!DEB0426Dined on 8/28/2014This restaurant has been a lunch favorite of mine for years and I was finally able to take my husband & son for dinner. It was even better then I had hoped! Everyones food was awesome~ our waiter Andre ( Philip) was a delight! The restaurant itself is beautiful so warm and charming. A favorite of for our girls lunch during the holidays. Nothing could have been better- highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good theater district restaurant!HappydinerDined on 8/24/2014Have eaten here several times & generally very satisfied with the food, service & ambiance but this time I did feel that the portions, while delicious, seemed smaller for the price. My friend and I did not leave feeling full after an entree, wine & dessert. Also it was a slow evening but the waiter never came to refill water glasses etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.