120 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sajubistro.com/
- Phone: 2129977258x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jose Calleja
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Justin Bernard 2129977258x
A word from Saju Bistro
Located in the heart of Midtown, our restaurant serves authentic French Provencal cuisine in a casual bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, extensive wine selection, impeccable service, and elegant, yet cozy, atmosphere brings the best of Provence to your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saju Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)great for lunch (58)fit for foodies (47)romantic (37)special occasion (36)great for brunch (32)good for groups (26)late-night find (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Loved being able to sit by the open window for our 5th anniversary! We were running late due to traffic but staff held our special table!Special Features:
- Saju BistroBirthdayDined on 9/12/2014The food was great - We enjoyed ourselves once again at this European inspired Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could be more positiveBklndfVIPDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had a dreadful evening. It's not completely the restaurant's fault: The level of noise at the restaurant is brutal, not "energetic." The problem is the decor: all plaster and hard surfaces. It's just a loud place. And yes, part of the problem was other patrons who, mostly, were yelling (because once one groups starts talking loudly, so do you). If you want to eat and talk, this is not the place. if you want to eat and yell, go. Food was quite good. Service ended up fine, but started out with a major misstep--we were ignored while tables on either side, seated at the same time, had drinks and appetizers before we were even told the specials. After we made a fuss with the waiter, he recovered well.
- Nice lunch spot!VDubVIPDined on 9/9/2014A friend recommended this restaurant to me and I was not disappointed. The food was amazing and it was great that it was so close to my office. I will look forward to going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aNYRDined on 9/8/2014Mediocre food and service. Nice range of wines at different price points, but the wine service wasn't wonderful. The location is convenient near major theaters and shows and the decor is lovely, but overall unlikely to go back.
- DeliciouspegfDined on 9/7/2014My group of 4 had brunch on Sunday. The service was excellent and so was the food. I enjoyed the dining experience and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely Restaurantmreich04Dined on 9/6/2014This was my third time at Saju and it was as good as I remembered it. It's a nice, sweet place. The food is simple and good and the service is excellent. I totally recommend this as a before theatre dinner or a great lunch and brunch place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014Very nice for pre-theater dinner. Although the prix-fixe was found to be gone, the price of dinner is moderate for generous portions of good food.Special Features:
- A hidden jewel with great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food items. The food is great. The wine choices are great and so is the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saju BistroMaruzellaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Loved this gem of a restaurant! The experience was well worth it: Cozy restaurant with beautiful warm lighting: They serve you a whole bowl of olives before you even order anything; they are mixed kinds of olives and all delicious! The asonable: we even ordered a winde for $30 a bottle! The food was delicious, the atmosphere cozy and relaxed and the service was attentive We will definitely come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING!!DEB0426Dined on 8/28/2014This restaurant has been a lunch favorite of mine for years and I was finally able to take my husband & son for dinner. It was even better then I had hoped! Everyones food was awesome~ our waiter Andre ( Philip) was a delight! The restaurant itself is beautiful so warm and charming. A favorite of for our girls lunch during the holidays. Nothing could have been better- highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good theater district restaurant!HappydinerDined on 8/24/2014Have eaten here several times & generally very satisfied with the food, service & ambiance but this time I did feel that the portions, while delicious, seemed smaller for the price. My friend and I did not leave feeling full after an entree, wine & dessert. Also it was a slow evening but the waiter never came to refill water glasses etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LongIslanderDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good. Service was a little too fast, A few minutes after you ordered your food came. Not a place to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014I have eaten here several times before seeing a show. The staff are very solicitous, and allow you to linger, while at the same time make sure you are out in time for the show. The food is always great, with delicious bread!Special Features:
- TERRIFICgpbrooklynDined on 8/22/2014We've eaten here several times, and each time we had fun. The food is excellent as is the service. They let you linger, never rushed. A wonderful, theater-district find.Special Features:
- Pre- and Post-Theatre Gemmathcat5Dined on 8/20/2014Saju Bistro is my go-to Theatre District restaurant, and it never disappoints. I've eaten brunch, lunch, and dinner there, and am always pleased with the food and service. The specials menu always consists of delicious dishes that use seasonal ingredients, and the food is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth time there!CThiesDined on 8/17/2014This was my 4th time to Saju Bistro..This time the service was not the same...Waitress was rushing us to order and eat. It was annoying!!!.I ordered steak and fries and the meat came out med/well done not med like I asked...I will be back though...I do like the restaurant and have had delicious meals there..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousLalouBizeDined on 8/13/2014There are fewer and fewer authentic French bistros in New York City. This one delivers all the classics, always spot-on. I wish I could get there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was terrible. The onion soup was water and a beef seasoning, the onions were not carmelized properly and the cheese was tasteless. The main course for both of us was worse and we left most of our food.
- Great findArielVIPDined on 8/10/2014Had a nice little lunch here very nice ambience for a little calm in the middle of Times Square, super close to all the theaters. I'd recommend the goat cheese tarts or the goat cheese ravioli. It would be even better if they would start offering a prix fix menu for pre theater lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysVitoVIPDined on 8/6/2014This spot has the most delicious French entrees and appetizers. Perfect escargot and my entree, lamb shank, was a large portion that was spectacular in taste and presentation. My wife's pappardelle were delicious; again, a large portion. The hangar steak here should be sampled on one of your visits.. We have sampled most of the desserts here and I favor the Belgian chocolate mousse. Wait staff is always attentive and courteous and helpful. I especially like that every time I have been here, the maitre'd always checks on each table. This along with Scarlatto and La Masseria are true finds in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saju has great everything!MVdineDined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent. Different menu with options for everyone. Service and ambiance - the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank you.....againletseatDined on 7/31/2014Great neighborhood French bistro. Veal piccata exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the place !!!PokeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Something warm, charming and cozy about Saju Bistro. Perhaps it's the flowers, or maybe the brick wall or red and white check table cloths. Whatever it is it gives a feeling of comfort. It's so unlike other restaurants with all the hyper jazz. It's calm and relaxing, but not stuffy. AND, the food is out of this world. Try the delicious mussels. One feels like they are in Provence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show convenience that's tastyalf1Dined on 7/25/2014I selected this restaurant based on its positive reviews plus the fact that it is across the street from Belasco Theatre, where I was seeing Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Staff was very patient while I waited for my friend who was stuck in traffic to arrive. The olive sampler found on every table was quite good, as was the bread. An heirloom tomato salad was available that night, and the tomatoes had actual flavor...yum! While all the aforementioned, plus our wine, was served promptly, our server had neglected to submit our entree order. Luckily, management noticed this shortcoming and turned our pasta entree order around in less than five minutes. We still had to rush a bit to eat and make the show, but overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great location-near theatersFussyEaterDined on 7/25/2014Have eaten here many times prior to going to theater. We had a 7P performance and location couldn't be better- . Varied menu makes it perfect for all tastes. Table of six near us were very extremely noisy, but have not had problems in past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good ambienceJSNJDined on 7/24/2014We have been to Saju and never been disappointed with the food. This time my request for a quiet corner table was granted, so the noise level was not bad - it is much noisier at the front near the bar. The waitress was a little hard to understand, and didn't understand the French pronunciation of some of the dishes. Otherwise it was great. It is always surprising to find such a "neighborhood" feel so close to Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Before or After TheaterRaymisjrVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great location and excellent food for dining before or after the theater. We have never been disappointed and will continue to go back when we are in the City for show on Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindJazminVIPDined on 7/20/2014Saju Bistro was a fantastic dining experience. The food, service, and ambiance were wonderful. We were there for Sunday Brunch and the menu had a variety of breakfast and lunch choices. The price was nice as well! This is a great place to dine on the East side of Broadway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always in Top FormVitoVIPDined on 7/18/2014From the greeting at check in you are treated as a special guest. The maître de even checks on you at table. Service: outstanding. Food here is large portions. Yes, you heard right. A French restaurant with substantial portions. My roasted lamb shank was huge and delicious with a wonderful Swiss cheese polenta. My son's hangar steal was beautifully done. Appetizers: escargot and a variety of others were very tasty and beautifully presented. The garlic butter and herbs on escargot: to die for. Always pleases here. My wife loves the pappardelle with beef ragout. Love this warm and cozy restaurant!!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and InvitingDougVIPDined on 7/12/2014We come to Saju Bistro fairly regularly, though mostly pre-theater. While we've experienced some misses among the specials, the food quality and preparation is always consistent, and I especially appreciate the moderate wine prices. The chocolate bread pudding, made from leftover chocolate croissants, is amazingly delicious, so if it's offered, it's always my first dessert choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a problem with the serviceSully38VIPDined on 7/10/2014Food is good and location is great or pre-theater but service is inconsistent. Apps came out before the bread, couldn't find the server to order a beer, beer came late etc.
- RomanticCJMattDined on 7/10/2014From the booking on line to arrival and throughout the entire dinner it was great. Our waitress was great and so was the host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to say; I was disapointedTravelerDined on 7/10/2014I chose this restaurant because it was right across the street from the theater we were going to that evening. No problem with the reservations or service. I did not care for the food. The bouillabaisse was not very good even though the other reviews thought it was excellent. And the fish special was also just fair. Maybe they just had an off night but the food was not up to expectations. I probably would not go back.
- 3rd time!CThiesDined on 7/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to Saju Bistro and again the food was delicious and the service AMAZING!... Had Steak and Fries and great Sancerre wine..what more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutDined on 7/8/2014The food was very good and the service was also. The ambience was quite nice and the staff was very friendly. This is a good place for a pre-theater dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaydonpDined on 7/4/2014Have. Always appreciated this restaurant since we had a show in the Belasco. Probably one of the least discovered gems in the Times Square area. Good food, friendly staff,Mandy quietism. Much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was delicious...a wonderful French cafe. Terrific food, near the theater. I will be returning!Special Features:
- great lunch spotclynessDined on 7/2/2014Lovely spot for pre-matinee (or any) lunch. Darling french bistro feel, very friendly staff, nice selection of wines and beers. Burrata cheese appetizer and gazpacho soup was outstanding. Get a table in the front and you can watch the people go by.Special Features:
- hidden gem!ebe9800VIPDined on 7/1/2014always great friendly staff...wonderful food....great experience! highly recommend!Special Features: