120 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sajubistro.com/
- Phone: (212) 997-7258
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jose Calleja
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Justin Bernard 2129977258x
A word from Saju Bistro
Located in the heart of Midtown, our restaurant serves authentic French Provencal cuisine in a casual bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, extensive wine selection, impeccable service, and elegant, yet cozy, atmosphere brings the best of Provence to your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saju Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (63)special occasion (44)romantic (38)good for groups (38)great for brunch (31)late-night find (22)notable wine list (20)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pre-theatre diningBarbDined on 11/21/2014Saju Bistro is good for moderately priced good pre-theatre dining. Service was a little uneven, though generally good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelfromIowaDined on 11/17/2014Excellent food and service. Had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Saju Bistro!RubellDined on 11/13/2014A friend and I went there before a show that was right across the street. We were there early, never felt rushed, and the food, service, and ambiance were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From beginning to end this was a terrific mealStipManDined on 11/13/2014From beginning to end this was a terrific meal. Arrived at the reservation time and were promptly seated. Waiter took our drink order and asked if we were seeing a show and what time the show was. We ordered the burrata special. Burrata with beets, some salad greens and some onion. My wife and I enjoy a good barrata and this one fit the bill. For our main course my wife had the Risotto special and added chicken to it for a few dollars more. I has a grilled chicken breast with mashed and ratatouille which was very tasty. For dessert we shared the Panna Cotta with berries. It was a terrific end to the meal. The overall experience was excellent and given the opportunity we would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBunnyVIPDined on 11/12/2014We eat at Saju fairly regularly. Food is excellent and the hosts are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Theater District RestaurantghhtoothDined on 11/12/2014I have eaten here sveral times for Brunch when I am going to a Sunday Matinee. Had lunch here for a Wednesday Matinee and enjoyed it just as much. Great selection of food, good wait service,very pleasant attmoshpere. My only complaint would be the noise level. I don't much can be done about that and I wouldn't forgo the restaurant because of it. Bon AppetitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saju excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Amazing meal, outstanding service and the ability to have a conversation in a quiet setting - perfect!Special Features:
- France in the Theater District4foodDined on 11/11/2014You can't go wrong with this lovely bistro on 44th street. From the warm greeting of your host to the charming bistro ambience to the quality of the food and the service. A find.Special Features:
- Great after-theater placebormanDined on 11/9/2014Our group enjoyed all the dishes we ordered. The server was very friendly and a walking encyclopedia of Broadway shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another one bites the dust!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2014Very Disappointed.Been 3 times in the past and recommended to friends,as well. Sunday Brunch Nov 9th. Coffee and hot chocolate were lukewarm. sent them back for hotter.No bread brought to table. Toast with omelets were clearly from packaged grocery store bread. Hey, it's NYC.Great bread to be had in the city. Had the most delicious bread @ Le Mirabelle Friday.No excuse for bad bread. Toast served lukewarm and unbuttered. 3 egg omelet was puny and dull. Potatoes were seemingly nuked and packaged. So called salad served along side omelet was 3 limp pieces of lettuce… Come On Folks… Pretty pathetic. I will not come back. Too many really worth it places in the city.My friend was scouting out places for Thanksgiving…Not This for sure.
- Great findMarieDined on 11/7/2014I was looking for a place near my friend's house that would have a diversified menu, good ambiance and great food. Saju Bistro was the perfect fit. Even though it's not located at a place we walk by everyday, it's worth the detour. The dim lights and bistro decoration give each table a sense of intimacy. The decoration included many leaves and plants because of fall, which made it feel cozy while still elegant. The menu includes meats, seafood, salads and pasta to meet everyone's wishes and everything sounds inviting. We had salmon and fillet with wine and it was all delicious. Except for a waiter forgetting one of our requests, service was very friendly, helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badwaiterDined on 11/7/2014The food was great,the waiter was a nightmare- rude, inattentive, forgetful, inappropriate and ruined the evening.Appeared to be under the influence of something. We love this restaurant, but not sure we will return after this most unpleasant experience.
- Goat cheese ravioli!TeachceoDined on 11/7/2014Favorite place for goat cheese ravioli with pesto! Service fast . Reservations a must!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Saju Bistro always pleases. I continually return and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome grilled octopuslookinforyumDined on 11/7/2014We were visiting from out of town, a friend that works in Times Square suggested we meet here for lunch. Lovely restaurant. Best grilled octopus appetizer ever. Butternut Squash soup also delightful. Quiet and easy to chat, waitress was knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSIC BISTROSAVANNAHGILLVIPDined on 11/5/2014We frequently eat at Saju before the theater, though this was the first lunch. The food is perfectly prepared and classically French Bistro. The French onion soup was dense and chewy. The salads were perfect, especially the special roasted beets, mozzarella and basil. Sanju is a good find that we're happy to have.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Have enjoyed breakfast here twice, and dinner just a few days ago. Always good food, without being outrageously expensive. Good location if going to a show. Ambience is inviting without being pretentious. One of my favorites in NYC.Special Features:
- Final Farewell to CyWarmHeartedSoul1VIPDined on 10/31/2014My colleague and I celebrated the 26-year milestone of one of our dearest colleagues, who's last day at work was last Friday. It was a happy and sad occassion, but we made the most of it by celebrating his life, work and accomplishments throughout his tenure here at our company. The restaurant set the perfect mood for this occassion and we really had a wonderful time as we dined on our own delicious meals. Saju Bistro is an awesome treasure on 44th Street. I would recommend this gem to anyone and will definitely visit again!!! Kindly, R. CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre debacleWarningVIPDined on 10/29/2014The waiter was totally off. he was told we were there for pre theatre lunch and he dragged the service, A bottle of wine was ordered and he served the wrong one. for the sake of time, i did not return it. he was slow with the entrees and had problems understanding the order (? language barrier) I had been here before and it was spot on. maybe it was idiosyncratic to the wiat staff but It was awful.Special Features:
- MarvelousHankBDined on 10/27/2014One of the advantages of an attending an early theater performance is you get to your restaurant before the crowd. In this case, we virtually had a personal server, David. He was very personable, and his dinner suggestions were excellent. The food was done to perfection. Between four people the escargots, chicken, pasta special, Skate fish special were all very good to wonderful. The onion soup also was excellent, made more so by having recently returned from Nice where it seemed to be unavailable. We have been to Saju previously. but this was a memorable evening, thanks in part to David. (The two bottles of Macon Village also probably helped.) Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningHandyRandyDined on 10/26/2014My wife found this restaurant by "googling" french restaurants near our hotel and Times Square. What a delightful find!!! We got there at 6;15 pm and ate out in the front part by the bar with a view of the street. It was fun watching people walk by and stop to look at the menu/special board at the entrance. The portions served to us for our dinner selections were very generous, nicely presented and tasted great. The wine selection was good and we enjoyed a moderately priced Pinot Noir. The service was excellent and fast. All in all a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentchooseyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Saju bistro was again my go-to for consistent good food.Special Features:
- Pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent for dinner before the theater. Service was attentive and asked us about theater plans before we ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant with styleGoodchoiceDined on 10/25/2014Once again the management and staff have shown why this restaurant is a gem that should not go unnoticed. The food and service and friendly atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We used both the brunch and lunch menus and were quite happy with all our choices. A lovely spot for pre-theater. Very convenient location for theater district. Pleasant and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gracious hostBunnyVIPDined on 10/22/2014We have been eating at Saju for awhile and it has become our "go to" place east of Bway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodSheil31VIPDined on 10/21/2014This is a very good pre-theater restaurant to patronize if you need to be on the east side of Broadway. Food is consistently good and service is very good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable-already recommended Saju!OphiraDined on 10/18/2014the food, service at Saju were great. Delicious and nicely set. All three of us enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleYorkshireExplorerIIDined on 10/17/2014Poor service, just expected a tip and didn't think they needed to work for it! Steak that should have been bleu was well done! A disgrace!
- Times Square TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The service was excellent. Jean Marc, the Maitre D' seated us within 5 minutes. We were unhurried by the staff and had lots of time to talk. The food was very good and was served hot. My wife loved the Chandon champagne split. She said it was one of the driest she has ever had. I noticed that the theatre goers were served quickly in order to make curtain time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-theatre diningTJW123Dined on 10/17/2014True to its name, a proper French bistrot. The food is really well prepared. Wine list is decent. However, the service is very slow so it's best to foresee ample time if you are going to the theatre. On the other hand, all staff are friendly and courteous which makes up for the lack of speed. Even spotted some celebrities! Definitely added to our list of local pre-theatre dining regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Staff & Delicious FoodtheaterloverVIPDined on 10/16/2014We were stuck in a traffic jam and called to say we'd be late. The maitre d assured us that he would hold our table. We were going to the theater, so the waiter kindly rushed our order. As we were leaving, the maitre d even suggested a short-cut to the theater! We arrived at the theater with time to spare after one of many delicious meals at this restaurant.Special Features:
- laura8VIPDined on 10/16/2014As usual, the food was very good. BUT the oysters were not shucked properly, so our friend had great difficulty eating them. And the pistou was kind of dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great ambianceAllaboutthewineDined on 10/16/2014Beautiful and roomy french bistro, in very convenient location to Times Square and theater district, on one of the side streets away from tourist traffic. Had seafood risotto which was plentiful and delicious, very rich, but with just a little too much butter. Enjoyed the bread and olives on the table. Atmosphere was great, but service was a little slow for lunch. Fortunately we were not in a hurry and enjoyed the added time. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ent24Dined on 10/16/2014The best way to describe Saju Bistro is that it is a pleasant surprise. Whether you're having breakfast upfront or lunch/dinner in the back of the restaurant, the food, ambience and service are all excellent.Special Features:
- Brunch on BraodwaySamszasaDined on 10/12/2014Went to the theater district for a Matinee not expecting to find a descent brunch for a good price. Mostly restaurants in this area are so so and they want you out a fast as possible. Here they let us enjoy a price fix brunch,$22 with a good selection on the menu. The portions were large and the brunch came with a cocktail. Very enjoyable and relaxing .Special Features:
- TortugitaTortugitaDined on 10/9/2014Fabulous find especially pre theater. Outstanding octupus and panne cotta. Intimate yet vibrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater DiningBKLPHDDined on 10/9/2014Convenient to the show "Beautiful", and excellent service and food. We enjoyed our dinners and found the prices fair. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post matineewriteratlunchDined on 10/8/2014We had an early dinner after a matinee performance. The service was terrific, food very good, and reasonably priced. I'd certainly go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok placeGreatVIPDined on 10/5/2014Ok place for brunch. Nothing special to say about it. The place was dead for the sunday brunch. Food was ok and service was below standard.