36470 Moravian Dr
Clinton Township, MI 48035Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sajos.net/home.aspx
- Phone: 5867927256
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Three rooms to accommodate groups up to 175 people: Cabernet Room 25 people, Regency Room 60 people, Ambassador Room 100 people.
Ambassador Room and Regency Room combined 170 people. Must guarantee Minimum of 90 for Ambassador room and Regency Room combined.
Ideal for Weddings, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Office Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Holiday Parties, Graduation Parties and Memorial Luncheons. No matter what the occasion is for, you and your Guests will enjoy a Quality Meal in a relaxed setting for a reasonable price.
- Private Party Contact: Susan 5867927256
A word from Sajo's
We hope our pledge to be the best is evident in everything at Sajo's. We strive to hire talented dedicated employees. Choose the highest quality ingredients and maintain a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. We do it all with a sense of responsibility and pride in being Michigan's favorite east side restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sajo's reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Love the new menus!AngieDDined on 9/6/2014Sajo's is a wonderful restaurant with great staff. They recently went digital with their menus - what a great idea! You can see pictures of all the food, along with a description and price. Love this new concept!Special Features:
- A favoriteGlennSDined on 8/8/2014We always love Sajo's. We've been there at least 15 time and never had a bad or even marginal meal thereSpecial Features:
- good service, at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Calamari appetizer was very good. But we were disappointed with the overcooked chicken and bland pasta. My wife just had a few bites of here meal and gave up. The bread was tasty and filled her up. Overall disappointed since we've been meaning to try it for a long time. Our server was new but very nice and attentive.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Our waiter was great! I don't know his name though. He was knowledgable and conscientious. And he was very friendly and had the right amount of humor! He was a remarkable server.Special Features:
- AwfulOddyad17Dined on 7/10/2014We arrived during peak hours of any restaurant and this place had maybe 5 cars in the lot. The host was nice and right off the bat our waiter was extremely rude. He asked what we wanted for drinks before we even sat down and before we could even take a second to look at the menu he rudely says I'll just come back. It took him 10 minutes before he came back and didn't even bother to ask for appetizer just wanted us to get dinner. The appetizer was somewhat good but dinner was awful. It tasted like I was at a fast food place. He very rarely came to out table even though it was slow the entire time. And when he asked to box our good we said yes and he disappeared with out food for 10-15 minutes, we left our food there. HORRILBLE!Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Sajo's reviews archive.
- Great Service after Easter VigilBMCSW04Dined on 4/19/2014Booked reservations for 9pm on a Saturday night. Took my wife and parents out after mass for a nice dinner. This was my first visit to Sajo's even though I have lived in the area for 20 years. The gentlemen who served us was outstanding and very attentive to our every need. I had the 14 oz. NY Strip Steak (Bourbon Style) with Garlic Mashed Potatoes which I highly recommend. Everyone else enjoyed their meals and the experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL NIGHTbrandeDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful dinner. Our food was warm and fresh, wine chilled to perfection. I love Sajos I will continue to be a loyal customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ive ever had!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014Cajun Steak Bites (Appetizer) Best Steak Appetizer I've Had !!!!------ (Entree) Tomato Dill Soup >Best I've Ever Had ----Veal Florentina w/ Garlic Mash Potatoes> Best I've Ever Had -----( Dessert) Red Velvet Cheese Cake > 1st Time Deliciously Rich. Im from Chicago & have dined at Restaurants all over U.S. & a Few In Europe notably Rome, Milan, and Venice. The Service Is exceptional ambiance a (10) i've dine in Detroit area often (long distance relationship 2yrs) Sajo's is Best Dining Experience I've Ever had in the State of Michigan will definitely be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeFoodieDined on 2/8/2014The service was great. Fast, correct on our orders, checked on us often. It was pretty noisy and my husband and I felt cramped with people surrounding us as there were no booths so we sat at a table in the center of the room in between two rows of booths. The food came fast and was done right. The bread and oil was yummy. The Caesar salad was nothing special. My husband's 2 small filets special was actually a bit chewy and we wondered if they were really filet. My eggplant Napoleon was great. Drink menu had only martinis and wine and we like a cocktail menu to browse over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerfenfen124Dined on 1/25/2014This was our second time at Sajo's and both times we were pleased with the entire experience. The service is prompt and attentive, the food is very good and moderately priced. Overall an outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife & I dined frequentlyDenMDined on 1/12/2014My wife & I dined frequently at Olives & loved it. We were very disappointed they closed. Sajo's food was decent but the salad was very dry, warm & rubbery. Not cool, moist & crisp. It was very loud & lots of crying children. It seemed more like a banquet hal than fine dining. I might dine with a group at Sajo's, but it's not the place for a intimate/romantic dinner with my wife.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Nice spot for dinner. Was a bit disappointed because we were seated in bar area. Food presentation and flavor is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service on New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013My friend and I had dinner at Sajo's for the first time on New Year's Eve. The food was great, and they had a wine list with different price points available. But, what we commented on the most was how great our service was, especially for such a busy night. We didn't have to wait long for our food, and our server and various bussers came over frequently to refill our glasses and ask how we were doing. It's a great restaurant if you want casual dining that still feels special with great service and food.Special Features:
- New Years dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013We made last minute reservations for New Year's Eve, dinner was fabulous, it wasn't rushed, and the food was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2013Food was excellent. Chicken Marcella is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the menu need a betterMichael702Dined on 7/19/2013I think the menu need a better selection with some more affordable plates. The booth was a bit sticky, The wait staff were fun. The drinks that I ordered were not exception for the price. It did not stand out as a place to try again. My money would of been better spent at the Macaroni Grill.Special Features:
- Lunch in a hurrybusinessdinerDined on 6/10/2013We had outstanding service from Melissa (I believe) during lunch. Tomato dill soup was also excellent and portion sizes were large. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemGerrybethDined on 5/12/2013We love to dine here for special occasions. The food is usually delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCnordeDined on 5/12/2013The Mother's Day brunch was great and my mother enjoyed it. I can't wait to order something from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Excellent food and service. Nice atmosphere. Great staff. Our reserved table was ready when we arrived and we were seated right away. Waiter was exceptionally attentive. Really enjoyed the food - hot and delicious. Minor complaint would be a lack of breakfast-type items at brunch such as eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. Food was mostly dinner-type items. But everything was really good. Even the prime rib was done just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always this was a greatSnider1177Dined on 5/12/2013As always this was a great experience and I look forward to returning for a great atmosphere and fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!FlamingoVIPDined on 4/10/2013Wow! This was a very pleasant find. The food was amazing, the service was great and the decor is very well done. It is our new favorite place in eastern Michigan.Special Features:
- We had to re-schedule ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We had to re-schedule our reservation, Sajo's was very accommodating. The food was great and our waiter, Alan, was very good.Special Features:
- We have always had very goodfunnyDined on 12/31/2012We have always had very good food at Sajo's. The service was excellent despite it being New Year's Eve. We have dined there several times previously and never had any complaints. We have attended funeral luncheons(including one we booked) and they turned out very good.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Had limited menu for New Years, which I was not aware of. Drinks were too strong, more alcohol than mix. Ordered my steak well done and had them butterfly it, which made the steak about a 1/4 inch thick, and still had to send it back. Came back overdone and chewy.
- The salmon was very tasty.fdalpeteDined on 9/1/2012The salmon was very tasty. A lot of choices on the regular menu and delicious daily specialsSpecial Features:
- Staff was very friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Staff was very friendly. Atmosphere was relaxed and decor is up to date, not too trendy. Menu selections were diverse yet familiar. We had our 2 teenagers with us - they really enjoyed the food as well. Planning to hold my daughter's high school grad party there - banquet facility is perfect for smaller parties.Special Features:
- Portions were drasticallyCyberJoVIPDined on 8/6/2012Portions were drastically smaller, vegetables were water logged and not very warm and the center of the pile of rice had an "off" taste. This used to be a great restaurant, probably won't go back.