930 Poydras St., Suite 101
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stemarienola.com/
- Phone: 5043046988x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11am-10pm
Sunday 9am-9pm for Saints Home Games
We close in between lunch and dinner from 2-4 every day but Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kristen Essig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Natalie Secco for catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Private space available for seated parties up to 20 guests and mixers up to 50 guests. Full restaurant available for larger groups. Please contact Natalie Secco for more information at (504) 304-6988.
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Secco: email@example.com 5043046988x
- Special Events: Please contact Natalie Secco with inquiries at (504) 304-6988.
A word from Sainte Marie
Sainte Marie, a restaurant by Robert LeBlanc of LRG located at 930 Poydras, A New Orleans brasserie, with French foundations and Louisiana inspiration. Ste. Marie brings the varied culinary styles of New Orleans using fresh, locally sourced ingredients prepared simply yet with excellence. Craft cocktails and an eclectic wine list , all of which are set in an alluring environment, entertain those who work, live and are engaged in the revitalization of the former Faugbourg Ste. Marie, now known as New Orleans’ Central Business District. Ste. Marie is sure to become a pre-eminent dining and entertainment destination in New Orleans for years to come and the anchor in its fledgling neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sainte Marie reviews from OpenTable diners
- Chef Kristen is going placesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014Talented Chef Kristen integrates local flavor, ingredients and tradition and then puts a cross cultural twist that makes the dishes unique, flavorful and memorable. The Restaurant is moving to a new location and reemerging as Meauxbar in the French Quarter with the full team intact. I will follow this team faithfully.
- SPWBVIPDined on 5/1/2014Grea dinner--recommended by conierge Josie atAmbassador Hotel. Food was delicious, esp the scallop and pork belly,and the shrimp fritters. Waitress Kat as outstandingSpecial Features:
- really wonderful experieceLasVegasLennyVIPDined on 5/1/2014Every dish was excellent. We had beef noodle salad (enough for 2) and jerk shrimp(great ccoconut rice) to start. Chicken farci and lamb loin for entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the rush?JuryproDined on 4/26/2014Although not crowded, we were rushed through dinner despite our repeatedly saying we were not in a hurry. They kept apologizing for taking so long. Salad came with drinks despite a request not to bring food till we'd had a chance to finish our drinks. Mine was delicious (spicy with mescal and grapefruit). We ate our salads as we drank, and before we finished them, the entrees arrived. Only it was not what I ordered. Massive apologies and promises to speedily bring correct dish. They brought more lettuce "so we wouldn't be hungry." We said we just had salad. My lamb was very good but the scallops had obviously spent the interval under a heat lamp. They tried to take our un empty wine glasses. Overall sloppy service, sloppy food.
- get it while you canOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014Good menu with lots of interesting twists. Is closing its present location and merging with Mobar shortly.Special Features:
- Good food at 120 DBBachusgonedryDined on 4/25/2014We were a party of four and ordered four different appetizers all of which were excellent. The oyster salad was a wonderful mixture of oysters and fruit. The main courses again were plate cleaning good. The one problem is that we were forced to eat in silence since there was no hope of being heard over the noise that ranged between 128 and 98 decibels.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014We had a fabulous dinner for 5 on Easter weekend. The ambience was very modern with spectacular lighting fixtures reminiscent of Lincoln Center in NYC. We started with the generous charcuterie board which had inadequate bread. We had the gulf fish almondine, the mussels served with a spectacular sauce, the shrimp and fettuccine, and the scallops, all of which were delicious. This is a very nice place for something different for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Experiencecouch44Dined on 4/19/2014We were treated immediately when we entered the restaurant, and seated promptly. Our server took the time to explain the menu thoroughly which we appreciated. The restaurant was very clean with a beautiful decor. The menu was limited, but very unique and varied. The food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farm to fantasticRobbieVitranoDined on 4/14/2014The table really has turned with the crew at Ste. Marie, from plow to plate. The team is humming and the food is surprising, seasonal, sharable and bright. Cool they entire team is moving over to Meaux Bar. Can't wait to see how it all comes together there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Drinks and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/11/2014As always some of the best drinks in town. Menu has a reat variety and is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Find Outside the French QuarterTomBVIPDined on 4/11/2014I enjoyed an unhurried meal with my party on a busy Friday night here. The food is locavore is well-prepared. There is an eclectic selection of beers as well which we took advantage of. Sainte Marie is a great place to go for fine food if you do not want to go to an overpriced restaurant in the French Quarter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDakotaBrown1VIPDined on 4/5/2014Had read several revews about this restaurant and was looking forward to going but the experience was lack luster. We had cocktails that were tasty and it stopped there.Special Features:
- Excellent and Creative FoodEagerEaterDined on 4/4/2014This was our last meal in New Orleans, and it was great to go out on a high note. Highlight of the meal were the muscles. Some of the best I have ever had. The restaurant uses fresh local food and you can tell in the taste of the food. Our waitress was excellent-- very attentive and helpful in her suggestions. The restaurant. however, is moving to a new location in the city next month, so this review is short lived. Hopefully, the quality will continue because would definitely come back to this restaurant when in the city again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!DetoxPonchoDined on 4/3/2014I picked Sainte Marie based on Yelp reviews and by looking for a restaurant within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency in the CBD. I was taking newbies to NOLA and had never been there myself so was a little on edge about what kind of restaurant this would be. From the ability to change our reservation last minute, to the wait staff, the ambiance, the wine selection, and the menu, we had a most enjoyable experience! The food was excellent, the Malbec perfect, and our server amazing. I wish I remembered his name now because he was knowledgeable about the menu, the wine list, the city, and he was so personable. He really made our meal there a true delight! I will recommend and returns. Well done!!Special Features:
- the best find in NOLAcurlylmlDined on 4/1/2014I can't talk enough about this restaurant enough. The foods so fresh and the most delicious food I have had in the city. If you don't go, you are missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot... sorry to seeWorktofishDined on 3/24/2014Great spot... sorry to see it go, as they announced they would be closing and reopening in the old MeauxBar on Rampart...Special Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceShazDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed our meal at Sainte Marie. Every dish was delicious and service was prompt and friendly. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWickedLDined on 2/28/2014I was expecting so much more...I was disappointed in the quality of the food and the lack of care taken by the staff
- A big fan!AreEssJayVIPDined on 2/21/2014We discovered this place a few months ago and can't get enough! Warm cozy atmosphere and a really interesting drink menu (the Peary Mason is off the chain). Our server Stacy was very kind and knowledgable. The food is great and such a nice departure from the standard gumbo/jambalaya/étouffée (not that there's anything wrong with those but it can get a little old). Don't leave without trying the gnocchi - it almost tastes like it was finished on the flattop! The oyster salad with avocado mash is always outstanding, and the shrimp and grit fritters are surprisingly soft (in a good way). Chef Essig even came out to meet us when our server let her know we were regular fans - very classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Kristen Essig is da bomb!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Such a creative menu and delicious food, and served with such attention to detail. The whole Valentine Day dinner we fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine's datemrmellowDined on 2/14/2014i went here on valentine's day with my dude. i had been here before two years prior and was happy i returned. all was well except there was no bread service lol dang it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishJamesDined on 2/10/2014I eat here a lot, and the fish I had, Redfish over rice was as good as it gets. The food is imaginative and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Very goodbilllaneVIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent food. Very good service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Charming and chic!NYChrissyDined on 2/1/2014Great little brasserie when you want some good gourmet, continental American food in the heart of downtown New Orleans. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Sainte Marie, KristenThepirateDined on 1/17/2014We love Sainte Marie, Kristen does an amazing job. She visits every table and asks about everyones experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BiteGourmet1Dined on 1/10/2014I had the hamburger, my co diner had the hanger steak. The hamburger was under seasoned and the bottom piece of bun was soggy. The tomato was not cut properly one side was bigger than the other. I know that sound picky but it is hard to eat that on a sandwich. I ended up using a knife and fork. The french fries were also not seasoned. There was no salt and pepper on the table. The hanger steak was tough (usually they are) but under seasoned and not memorable. The fries that came with the hanger steak were supposed to have parmesan cheese on them but it was not noticable. On the plus side the tea was great - apricot tea. The staff was very nice. They were very attentive and tried to make every thing perfect. The food just lacked taste.
- Great food and Service for LunchNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 1/2/2014We had a very nice lunch at Sainte Marie. The soup and salad were great, and they even added some shimp for me when I asked for it. The burger was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The pork belly and crispy scallop appetizer was absolutely amazing!!! I would go back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time wasn't a charmKjackDined on 12/30/2013We had been here once before with a group of 5 and had a great experience, so the two of us thought we would try it again. The food and wine were generally very good. The service staff were kind and attentive. But they seemed either to be understaffed or had lost our order for a time as we sat for an extended period of time between appetizer and entree'. A table of 5 who arrived after we did had finished their meal and were about to leave by the time we were served ours. Hopefully a one time glitch and we will probably go there again--unique dishes and nice ambiance--but a repeat of this last time and we would probably cross them off the list. Too many good places in N.O. to be frustrated with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!AreEssJayVIPDined on 12/30/2013Went for lunch for the first time - the food is definitely innovative. We love Nola cooking, but it can run the risk of looking all the same at restaurants over time. This place is definitely unique. The shrimp and grits "fritters" were surprisingly soft, and in a good way - very tasty. The chef was very flexible and was happy to fry my oysters in cornmeal on request - the oyster salad was lovely. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, creative new southernPhilQDined on 12/14/2013First night in New Orleans for a conference my wife is attending. I hit Open Table to look for something a little off the well-worn path of NOLA dining establishments. We were not disappointed. The menu is described as "contemporary southern" which is true, but with some new and delightful twists. Market salad of heirloom tomatoes w/shaved radishes and fresh La.strawberries on quinoa w/a nice subtle citrus dressing. Entree was the special- diver scallops seared in an orange/pecan glaze on bed of, of course, grits, but also rabe & baby turnips. Perfectly executed. But dessert- oh my- lemon tart w/chartreuse sorbetto- put this over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully prepared fooddragnladeeDined on 12/9/2013Chef emphasizes local products, elegant preparations that let the ingredients shine through. I will definitely be returning to try the dishes I didn't get to sample this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect fitcurlylmlDined on 12/7/2013This was my first time dining here with some friends. I have already told people about this place. I had no idea it was going to be THAT good. I was just willing to give it a try and now I know it is a gem in NOLA. The food was so fresh and clean tasting. Even the staff seemed excited to talk about the food. The staff is quite attentive. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceHansDined on 11/23/2013Food and service were excellent, strongly recommend giving it a shot. The gnocchi and tartar were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Kristen Essig is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2013look for her at Meauxbar- she's turning convention on its' head!Special Features:
- check the bill before payingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013We had six for dinner. We split the check 3 ways and added 20%. We left. One couple discovered after we left that they had already included gratuities, and our tip added was WAY over the top. Why didn't the waiter point this out? Why not notice it as we were leaving? Why would they think that mediocre service deserved a 40% tip? Anyway, we will not go back.
- Dinner Sunday before the gamercote75VIPDined on 11/10/2013Before the Saints-Cowboys game Sunday my date and I went for dinner. Our server was very young and a tad green but she was very nice and pleasant. We both ordered burgers which were good. Mine was cooked more med-well than the med-rare I ordered but it wasn't a big deal. The salad that came with the burger was nice instead of fries for me. I'd go back :)Special Features:
- New Gem on Poydras (new to us)KjackDined on 11/8/2013We discovered this neat little place while searching on Open Table for a place near our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at both the ambience and the good. Interesting menu with modest prices for New Orleans--not inexpensive but good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this restaurantDemiDined on 10/26/2013We went to this restaurant twice during one week. I first saw it mentioned in NewOrleans magazine. We tried the watermelon and pork belly appetizer with turnip and other goodies finished with basil oil. Sadly, it's available only seasonally. We had the last one. It will be a good memory My wife then moved on to oyster salad ("outstanding") and I had the shrimp and grits. It was slightly unbalanced with more shrimp than grits. A rare situation. We returned 6days later, just before leaving the city, for the pork chop finished with pepper jelly and roast duck.Capped off with a delicate genoise. Wonderful second trip. Friendly and efficient service. The servers were knowledgeable about the menu . It's in a pleasant room with an active bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good upbeat vibe, veryLaplaceDined on 10/25/2013Very good upbeat vibe, very noisy but enjoy it very much. Food was very good and the presentation even better. Will defiantly return.Special Features: