Saint Jacques French Cuisine
6112 Falls of Neuse Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Saint Jacques French Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saintjacquesfrenchcuisine.com/
- Phone: 9198622770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Wimmers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Off-sites are welcome, $2000 minimum
- Private Party Facilities: Saint Jacques does offer a private room setting up to 40 guests. The entire restaurant can be reserved for private party and can accommodate up to 80 (sit down dinner).
- Private Party Contact: Lori Lacassagne 9198622770
A word from Saint Jacques French Cuisine
A French heaven in this hospitable south, Saint Jacques is run and operated by French native Lil Lacassagne. We serve authentic and traditional French cuisine, discreet and polished service, and elegant atmosphere. Fine dining at its best."Voted one of the top 100 restaurants in the U.S. by Open Table Diners - since 2009" "Voted one of the top 100 in service in the U.S. by Open Table Diners -since 2009", "Voted one of the top 50 restaurants in the U.S. by Open Table Diners - 2009", Voted "Best overall restaurant in Triangle by Open Table Diners - 2008" "Voted best French Restaurant in the triangle - Citysearch 2006". "Voted best French Restaurant 2007 & 2008- Metro Magazine".Continued
**Because of the calm and serene environment we at Saint Jacques are proud to promote and offer our guest, we may not be a suitable venue for children under the age of 8**
**Because of the calm and serene environment we at Saint Jacques are proud to promote and offer our guest, we may not be a suitable venue for children under the age of 8**
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Saint Jacques French Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Saint Jacques French Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (93)romantic (80)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (20)good for groups (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Don't let the location fool you.angel2609Dined on 9/13/2014Yes, this restaurant it tucked into a stripmall. When we visiting there was even construction going on and it was not quite what I expected but once we stepped inside the cozy restaurant and experienced the service and food we instantly fell in love. The food is fantastic but the service is just out of this world. Saint Jacques makes you feel special during your entire meal and their attention to detail is outstanding. Maybe it stands out even more since good service is something you should expect anywhere but unfortunately that is not the case for most places and when you do find one that goes out of their way to treat you like a king and queen it's all the more special. I'm so glad we found this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquettes Saint JacquePeteDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is small, cozy, and undoubtedly French. The menu offered few surprises, but refreshingly so. So few restaurants in the area offer well-executed, classical fare, that it is nice to have a traditional French meal once in a while. The coquettes were superbly cooked, and zestfully delicate, complimenting the range of breads offered nicely. The service was prompt, although I had lunch at 1:30pm, so the restaurant was expectedly empty. However, I must say the decoration of the restaurant was rather dull, and I felt somewhat bored looking around. I can say little more for the music--I heard the same Mozart piece three times in my hour there. Ambiance aside though, Saint Jacques is a fantastic restaurant, with pristine cuisine.Special Features:
- UNREAL!CharlieDined on 9/10/2014They don't miss a beat at St. Jacques. Whether it's keeping your water glass filed, replacing a dark napkin for a light one so no lint gets on your dark pants; whether it's ensuring the table is absolutely bussed AT ALL TIMES, St. Jacques should be the training ground for all servers! Food is unbelievable. Our feature was sliced lamb with carrot risotto, blue cheese and figs. Gastronomic explosion of wonderful flavors that was one of the best dishes ever! The wine. is hand selected by the owners and is fantastic at all levels. If you want premier service, absolutely fabulous food this IS the place. The owners are watching the staff and the customers to ensure that the experience is no less that fabulous. St Jacques is France in Raleigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EverSuzanneDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went there last Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased. We've traveled to many European countries and through all of our travels this was by far the best food we ever ate. ( Even better than France) The presentation was elegant, the staff were all professional and friendly. It was pricey but worth every penny. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro De LuxeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014A delectable dining experience. The food, the service, the staff are totally gracious. A gem of a restaurant in Raleigh.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceErshar11Dined on 8/29/2014Everything we expected and more. The staff are very nice and well trained, our waitress was eager to answer any questions we had. I would have given it five stars except the food was bland for my taste, but then, I'm used to more heavily seasoned food. The other people in my party loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday DinnerBobBDined on 8/23/2014Some good friends and I took my wife to Saint Jacques for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent. The service was equally good. Although a bit pricey, it was a great choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wow.Luv2DineDined on 8/20/2014If you like really great service and outstanding cuisine, this is your spot. I laughed out loud about how good it was there...I went for lunch, and it was a real treat! GO! Aaron gave us such great attention, and he was most patient with me, as I can be difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSherryDined on 8/15/2014This was the most enjoyable dining experience I have had in a long time. Great service and the food was amazing! I probably will never get the opportunity to go to Paris or France but it was sure nice to get to experience a little piece of it so close to home. The servers were excellent and the owner came by through out your meal and made you feel like family. The food was out of this world!!! When the owner came by and spoke with his French accent and said for us to take our time and enjoy after the first bite I completely understood why. I had the Crusted Sea Bass and my husband had Filet Mignon lobster butter. Dessert was to die for.... our chose was Mousse Au Chocolate. Loved it all!Special Features:
- Outstanding attention to detail!ToughCookiEDined on 8/14/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary at St. Jacques. The staff's attention to detail as well as the outstanding meal made our night truly special. Having celebrated our honeymoon in Cannes, we can say that St. Jacques is the closest thing to the South of France that we have found in North Carolina. Excellent in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food and services were excellent. Been here a few times and each time we enjoyed our food tremendously...Special Features:
- the place to go on occasionsometimespickyDined on 8/9/2014Service is great. They describe the dishes in detail, and a sommelier (I assume) shows up the moment you are opening the wine list. Food is great, we had 4 people ordering 6 different entrees/appetizers and everyone liked them. I loved the tiny bits of sherbet and mousse they brought between the courses "to clean the palate". Dining area is not very big, so the atmosphere is pleasant and quiet, and reservations are recommended. You don't need a tuxedo, but T-shirt and flip-flops would definitely look out of place. Plan to spend about 1.5 hrs and roughly $70/person. You can check the menu and the wine list beforehand on their website.Special Features:
- Amazing night!YKJKDined on 8/9/2014Me and my fiance just had a date night since it was exactly 2 weeks before our wedding. We started with 2 glasses of champagne and cheese plate. They asked me for occasion and we explained, then everybody stopped by and congratulated us.A nice guy who is a host at the front but I believe he is a sommelier since he had great knowledge of wine, recommeded a bottle of wine for us. I am not an expert of wine but I tried to explain my kind of wine as much as possible. And it was the perfect wine!! For entree I ordered today's special and it was Hlibut with vegetable and my fiance ordered a fillet with potatos and asparagas. The dessert was creme brulee. Everything was just perfect and cannot wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Service was very good. Great Belgian beer selections and wine enjoyable. Good recommendations on both. Entre selections not enjoyable, particularly rack of lamb, which should have been described as 2 rib chops.
- Delicious!2FinePalatesDined on 8/8/2014I made a reservation to this restaurant because of the good reviews and I was DELICIOUS!! It was my husbands birthday and they made sure everything was perfect! From the soup to the dessert and everything in between a well seasoned masterpiece. I must admit that upon arrival we looked at the place and said really? Because it's in a strip center but once you step in you forget out it! It's very private and romantic tastefully decorated! The last thing I have to say... The service was excellent! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbarellaDined on 8/2/2014What a great restaurant. Heard of it from a friend. It was wonderful especially the Chilean sea bass and squash raviolis. Great wine list. Staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- balonei1Dined on 8/1/2014Servie was impeccable...so attentive and gracious. Food was delicious with many layers of flavor. Could taste the hours taken to prepare the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saint jacquesThePITDined on 8/1/2014An excellent meal, service and warm welcome. Highly recommend the foie gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. By the time we got to the desert course I almost didn't care what I ordered because I knew I couldn't be wrong.Special Features:
- Found the nuggetCornelisDined on 7/24/2014Traveling the world means eating at many different places. And, as with many experiences in live, some are good some are poor and most of them are reasonable. I make it a habit on my trips to visit as many different restaurants as possible. This was outstanding. St. Jacques masters the secret how to cook great food. The starter was an excellent kick off. The sea bass was the best I tasted in a long time. The apple pie was a pleasant symphony in taste and texture. Next time I am around I break my rule and dine here again. Absolutely.Special Features:
- Vive la France!chefmomVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have dined here since the restaurant opened and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the service attentive and pampering. The owners make you feel as if you are dining in their home and your wish is their command. We recently had lunch here and the special of the day was bison in a marvelous wine sauce. It was divine! If you have not tried this place and you love French food, do not hesitate. Dinner is great but also the lunch here is very quiet and provides a wonderful respite from the day's stresses. You will think you have been transported to Provence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner outCandyDined on 7/17/2014Needed a great place for a quiet business dinner. This fit the bill. The service was outstanding. Very attentive but never got in the way. Our needs were anticipated and we did not have to ask for any extras, they were there just when we needed refills. The service alone set the standard and was the best I have ever encountered. Also appreciated how they spaced reservations so as not to overextend the chef. It was frustrating when making the reservation but very appreciated. The menu is not extensive, but the choices are varied so you do not feel limited. Dishes were well flavored but not overpowering and portions were perfect, not those small taster plates that leave you hungry. Made a big hit with my client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely good!swagDined on 7/16/2014Was the perfect night from the food to the service, very professional.Special Features:
- top-notch2dine4Dined on 7/16/2014Simply the best food and service you will find anywhere. Period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJoekDined on 7/11/2014We had our anniversary dinner here. The food was excellent as was the overall experience.Special Features:
- Transported back to ParisdoctorbillDined on 7/11/2014Excellent food, service, ambiance! Perfect. Felt like we were back in Paris. Will definitely return. If you love an overall wonderful experience, try this restaurant!Special Features:
- France in Raleighfrance4foodDined on 7/10/2014The quality and selections of France are expertly brought to Raleigh. St. Jacques maintains the highest level of cuisine and service; our food was perfectly prepared and presented. St. Jacques is a great place to celebrate any special occasion; it has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014This is one of the best meals we have had in a long time. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Terrific Restaurant, Poor LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went to Saint-Jacques to celebrate our anniversary. The food was amazing, the service was perfect, we didn't try any wine but their wine list was impressive. However, we were surprised and a little disappointed when we arrived and discovered that the number one restaurant in Raleigh according to Trip Adviser is in a strip mall. I had come prepared to tip a valet. We felt a little awkward and overdressed walking through the parking lot to the restaurant. However, once we got inside Saint-Jacques lived up to Trip Adviser's claim. Saint-Jacques's deserves a better location. I would have gladly paid more money to have the same dinning experience at the same restaurant, but in a better location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special occasion2foodiesVIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have been regular diners at Saint Jacques since we moved here nine years ago. We always reserve a quiet table in the corner to celebrate our Wedding Anniversaries. This year we celebrated our 51st. We can't decide which is better, the food or the service as they are both beyond expectations. Our server Chris even split the French Onion soup order for us and was ever attentive to our needs. This night we enjoyed the Rack of Lamb and the Scallops. Our dessert is always decorated with Happy Anniversary written in French chocolate. The owner's wife Lori came by our table to ensure everything was to our liking and invited us to their next Wine Dinner in August.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightTogetherDined on 6/27/2014The atmosphere and the cuisine are authentically French. The wait staff were very knowledgeable and professional. The food came with the attention to the taste - especially the sauces which were perfectly flavored and matched to the main component - fish, chicken, lamb, etc. One thing that was very important was that it was possible to sit and talk to each other in a regular voice without having to shout over the noise or music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my Birthday in StylemerrrymonkVIPDined on 6/27/2014Had a lovely dinner with amazing food, wine and service. If you find yourself you're not fond of French food, you'll find Saint Jacques a delightful surprise. Food is fresh and tasty and the presentation is beautiful. You will not be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing...ckpandcmpDined on 6/21/2014There aren't enough words to describe what a diamond this place is. Everything - the food, the staff, the atmosphere - is top notch. Probably one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. Worth every penny and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinnamonGirlDined on 6/20/2014Outstanding food and service at lunch and dinner. Special cooking classes and wine dinners. An all-time favorite we come back to again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful EveningJDB3Dined on 6/19/2014All aspects of this visit were superb! As usual. the food and the wines were outstanding, and the service was absolutely top-notch.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itSunshineDined on 6/17/2014Celebrated my mate's birthday and they brought a cute little cream filled pastry in the shape of a swan to wish her a happy birthday! Very nice touch and excellent wait staff. very attentive to our dining needs andSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceTerpmanfoodieDined on 6/14/2014The staff works as a team and is very attentive. No detail is too small , including matching napkin linens to your color pants/dress to ensure lint won't show. The entrees will not disappoint and all were very well presented. Don't let the strip mall location fool you, we will definitely come back. In fact, the owner Lori called me after the restaurant had closed for the evening and indicated she noticed we put a substantial tip on top of the 20% gratuity already added to the bill ( this was a mistake) and was checking to see if we did this intentionally or we wanted it removed. It was mistake, and she took care of it. I wonder how many other restaurants would have brought this to a diners attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience !MelGfromVaDined on 6/14/2014My family and I enjoyed a wonderful experience on Sat. night (June 14, 2014) at Saint Jacques. Part of our group had been there before , so they had warned the rest of us that it was in a strip mall and completely unobtrusive. Once inside the delicious smells hit us and we were warmly welcomed. The staff was fantastic..accommodating and VERY knowledgeable. The menu had a great variety and the food was wonderful. Passing up bread is a mistake there as it's all made in house. I couldn't recommend one thing over another on the menu as everything I tried was really tasty, but the mussels might have been the biggest hit for the group. The desserts we picked to share along with the lattes were the perfect ending.. we'd highly recommend !Special Features:
- Food and Service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Three stars for the outside of the establishment , since there was some constrcution going on in the strip mall. Location aside , the food was simply amazing. Service was fantastic and the owner was extremely personableSpecial Features:
- Maybe the best in RaleighpjandcoDined on 6/13/2014This is a really special experience. You feel completely welcomed in a personal way. The service is outstanding,the wine selection the same and the appetizers and entrees are varied, interesting and cooked to perfection. Don't miss the deserts. This was our first experience there but will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.