Saint Jacques French Cuisine
6112 Falls of Neuse Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Saint Jacques French Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saintjacquesfrenchcuisine.com/
- Phone: 9198622770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Wimmers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Off-sites are welcome, $2000 minimum
- Private Party Facilities: Saint Jacques does offer a private room setting up to 40 guests. The entire restaurant can be reserved for private party and can accommodate up to 80 (sit down dinner).
- Private Party Contact: Lori Lacassagne 9198622770
A word from Saint Jacques French Cuisine
A French heaven in this hospitable south, Saint Jacques is run and operated by French native Lil Lacassagne. We serve authentic and traditional French cuisine, discreet and polished service, and elegant atmosphere. Fine dining at its best."Voted one of the top 100 restaurants in the U.S. by Open Table Diners - since 2009" "Voted one of the top 100 in service in the U.S. by Open Table Diners -since 2009", "Voted one of the top 50 restaurants in the U.S. by Open Table Diners - 2009", Voted "Best overall restaurant in Triangle by Open Table Diners - 2008" "Voted best French Restaurant in the triangle - Citysearch 2006". "Voted best French Restaurant 2007 & 2008- Metro Magazine".Continued
**Because of the calm and serene environment we at Saint Jacques are proud to promote and offer our guest, we may not be a suitable venue for children under the age of 8**
**Because of the calm and serene environment we at Saint Jacques are proud to promote and offer our guest, we may not be a suitable venue for children under the age of 8**
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Saint Jacques French Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Saint Jacques French Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (70)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (15)good for groups (10)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DeliciousDretaDined on 10/25/2014Real french cuisine. The service was great and the food was delicious. It is perfect for special occasions!Special Features:
- GermangourmetDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food, the number 1 ranking in Trip Advisor is well deserved. Have eaten there several times and will be back.Special Features:
- St Jacques Superb Dining ExperienceSentinelDined on 10/24/2014The simple shopping center facade of this gastronomic gem gives no hint to the sensual experience awaiting inside. When you step inside the intimate dining area the ambient light and unhurried soft step of the wait staff draws you in. The sounds of murmured conversation, cutlery and swish of the kitchen door tell you this is a place aside from the hustle and bustle of the world outside. With intuitive suggestions from the staff, perfect pairings of wine and food are settled and at last the senses of smell and taste are now fully primed to savor a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceMyDiningExperienceDined on 10/24/2014From beginning to end everything was first class. The service was fantastic and every dish we ordered was really good. I'm not French, but it seemed very authentic. Highly recommend for couples or smaller groups.Special Features:
- Delicious crepeKathyDined on 10/24/2014I highly recommend the restaurant. Right now there is construction so it's very hectic outside. But the service and food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsdwasbyDined on 10/22/2014Every element of the meal was delicious - including the two amuse bouches. And the chef outdid himself by accommodating my special request for a Grand Marnier souffle, which was fabulous. On top of all that, the sommelier was very helpful and knowledgeable. Well done!!Special Features:
- Simply OUTSTANDING !!!StevenDined on 10/18/2014This was our first visit (my wife and I) and it was an incredibly wonderful experience - simply the best food I have had in years. I do travel the SE and have eaten at many fine dining restaurants and this one ranks at the top. I cannot say enough good things about how delicious the food was...the wait staff was fantastic as well - very attentive, smiling, friendly and took very good care of us. I feel they actually enjoyed being there as much as we did. The maitre d was great as well - he suggested the perfect wine and made sure everything was to our liking. This has become our favorite restaurant now !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It was an outstanding dinner, she said it was the best birthday dinner she had ever eaten. Service was the very best.Special Features:
- Never disappointsTywandaDined on 10/18/2014This is by far our favorite restaurant in Raleigh. The service ,friendliness and knowledge of the wait staff and owners,and of course the food. It is authentic French Cuisine at its finest !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French FoodNeuroMitchVIPDined on 10/17/2014We have lived in NC long enough to have gotten used to finding great restaurants in odd places. Outstanding French food served impeccably in an understated restaurant located in a strip mall. My wife had escargot followed by braised shortribs and I had sweetbreads (my favorite appetizer) and bison tenderloin (amazing). The dessert we shared was an apple millefeuille, pronounceable only if you took French 101, but quite delicious. This restaurant is a real gem. Many tantalizing options on the menu that warrant a return visit. Very pleasant and attentive wait staff. Highly recommmendedSpecial Features:
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014everything about our meal at St. jocks was outstanding. From the moment we walked in the door to the last bite of dessert and sip of coffee we could not have been more pleased. It was my wife's birthday and it was a very special celebration. The food was amazing, and the service was out standing. Highest praiseSpecial Features:
- Enchante!EducatorDined on 10/8/2014I had not been to Saint Jacques recently till this past week and it was INCREDIBLE! The food was over the top delicious! And, the service was the best in the city; bar none! Our waiter could give lessons in superb customer service!Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary1oflifesjoysDined on 10/3/2014Or (The Meal We Couldn't Find In Paris) My wife and I enjoyed a truly wonderful dining experience. It was our first time dining here after many years living in Raleigh and we were missing out. The food and wine was delicious and beautifully plated. The staff were wonderful and attentive. The dining room atmosphere was perfectly comfortable and transported us away from feeling like we were eating in a North Raleigh Plaza. It was a wonderful evening and one of out finest meals. Highly recommend and will be taking the teenagers back with us next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastiqueVoilavignettes63Dined on 10/3/2014Spectacular meal. You were in the heart of the south of France with a superb menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstandingOBX4MeDined on 10/1/2014Superb food and impeccable service -- it doesn't get any better than this. Friendly helpful staff graciously accommodated gluten-free needs, and provided tasty GF rolls (it's best to mention the need for GF when you place the reservation.) Scallops and filet mgnon were prepared to perfection, and veggies were exceptionally tasty.Special Features:
- Awesome Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was our first time. very difficult to find. bread was okay-cold. butter was room-temp. We got the onion soup&foie gras for a starter. soup was good but my girlfriend found it too sweet but I loved it-perfect balance between cheese/soup. The foie gras was excellent. It was the best I have ever had and I always get foie gras when it is on the menu so that says a lot. It was not a gigantic piece, it was perfectly cooked - creamy. I ordered the scallops-good. My girlfriend ordered the filet mignon-absolutely delicious. cooked perfectly - tender& juicy. But what made the dish really stand out was the lobster butter-bursted with flavors. We got the apple miillefeuille. crunchy and the entire thing worked very well with the cinnamon ice cream.Special Features:
- good place!aliasDined on 9/23/2014We had an awesome time here. The food was great & the chef was kind enough to accommodate a special request based on our dietary preferences. Overall we had a very pleasant & memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We dine at St. Jacques as often as we can and the service and food are unmatched and unbeatable in Raleigh. My wife and I experience a lot of fine dining in our travels and I can honestly say that St. Jacques is in my Top 5 restaurants anywhere. PS don't tell the high priced steakhouses but they may have the best filet in Raleigh!!Special Features:
- Thoughtful food, overlook misstepsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Hard to find is an understatement. We were on a trip to the Raleigh area and it was virtually impossible to find -- once I saw where it was, I seriously considered abandoning the reservation. If you can manage to forget your surroundings and focus only on the food, you will be pleased. I thought the dishes were well-prepared with a careful, attentive hand. My husband had some under-done potatoes which was the only food issue we encountered and we were quickly comped dessert. The dining room interior will not fool you into thinking you aren't in a strip mall and this is a really serious issue. Service was not particularly deft or swift; staff did not appear to be near the level of the food.
- Excellent food & ServicealwzsmilnDined on 9/19/2014Loved everything about it. Food was excellent, service was spot on and it was worth every penny. Definitely will be going back for special occassions.Special Features:
- Don't let the location fool you.angel2609Dined on 9/13/2014Yes, this restaurant it tucked into a stripmall. When we visiting there was even construction going on and it was not quite what I expected but once we stepped inside the cozy restaurant and experienced the service and food we instantly fell in love. The food is fantastic but the service is just out of this world. Saint Jacques makes you feel special during your entire meal and their attention to detail is outstanding. Maybe it stands out even more since good service is something you should expect anywhere but unfortunately that is not the case for most places and when you do find one that goes out of their way to treat you like a king and queen it's all the more special. I'm so glad we found this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coquettes Saint JacquePeteDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is small, cozy, and undoubtedly French. The menu offered few surprises, but refreshingly so. So few restaurants in the area offer well-executed, classical fare, that it is nice to have a traditional French meal once in a while. The coquettes were superbly cooked, and zestfully delicate, complimenting the range of breads offered nicely. The service was prompt, although I had lunch at 1:30pm, so the restaurant was expectedly empty. However, I must say the decoration of the restaurant was rather dull, and I felt somewhat bored looking around. I can say little more for the music--I heard the same Mozart piece three times in my hour there. Ambiance aside though, Saint Jacques is a fantastic restaurant, with pristine cuisine.Special Features:
- UNREAL!CharlieDined on 9/10/2014They don't miss a beat at St. Jacques. Whether it's keeping your water glass filed, replacing a dark napkin for a light one so no lint gets on your dark pants; whether it's ensuring the table is absolutely bussed AT ALL TIMES, St. Jacques should be the training ground for all servers! Food is unbelievable. Our feature was sliced lamb with carrot risotto, blue cheese and figs. Gastronomic explosion of wonderful flavors that was one of the best dishes ever! The wine. is hand selected by the owners and is fantastic at all levels. If you want premier service, absolutely fabulous food this IS the place. The owners are watching the staff and the customers to ensure that the experience is no less that fabulous. St Jacques is France in Raleigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EverSuzanneDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went there last Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased. We've traveled to many European countries and through all of our travels this was by far the best food we ever ate. ( Even better than France) The presentation was elegant, the staff were all professional and friendly. It was pricey but worth every penny. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro De LuxeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014A delectable dining experience. The food, the service, the staff are totally gracious. A gem of a restaurant in Raleigh.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceErshar11Dined on 8/29/2014Everything we expected and more. The staff are very nice and well trained, our waitress was eager to answer any questions we had. I would have given it five stars except the food was bland for my taste, but then, I'm used to more heavily seasoned food. The other people in my party loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday DinnerBobBDined on 8/23/2014Some good friends and I took my wife to Saint Jacques for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent. The service was equally good. Although a bit pricey, it was a great choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wow.Luv2DineDined on 8/20/2014If you like really great service and outstanding cuisine, this is your spot. I laughed out loud about how good it was there...I went for lunch, and it was a real treat! GO! Aaron gave us such great attention, and he was most patient with me, as I can be difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSherryDined on 8/15/2014This was the most enjoyable dining experience I have had in a long time. Great service and the food was amazing! I probably will never get the opportunity to go to Paris or France but it was sure nice to get to experience a little piece of it so close to home. The servers were excellent and the owner came by through out your meal and made you feel like family. The food was out of this world!!! When the owner came by and spoke with his French accent and said for us to take our time and enjoy after the first bite I completely understood why. I had the Crusted Sea Bass and my husband had Filet Mignon lobster butter. Dessert was to die for.... our chose was Mousse Au Chocolate. Loved it all!Special Features:
- Outstanding attention to detail!ToughCookiEDined on 8/14/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary at St. Jacques. The staff's attention to detail as well as the outstanding meal made our night truly special. Having celebrated our honeymoon in Cannes, we can say that St. Jacques is the closest thing to the South of France that we have found in North Carolina. Excellent in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food and services were excellent. Been here a few times and each time we enjoyed our food tremendously...Special Features:
- the place to go on occasionsometimespickyDined on 8/9/2014Service is great. They describe the dishes in detail, and a sommelier (I assume) shows up the moment you are opening the wine list. Food is great, we had 4 people ordering 6 different entrees/appetizers and everyone liked them. I loved the tiny bits of sherbet and mousse they brought between the courses "to clean the palate". Dining area is not very big, so the atmosphere is pleasant and quiet, and reservations are recommended. You don't need a tuxedo, but T-shirt and flip-flops would definitely look out of place. Plan to spend about 1.5 hrs and roughly $70/person. You can check the menu and the wine list beforehand on their website.Special Features:
- Amazing night!YKJKDined on 8/9/2014Me and my fiance just had a date night since it was exactly 2 weeks before our wedding. We started with 2 glasses of champagne and cheese plate. They asked me for occasion and we explained, then everybody stopped by and congratulated us.A nice guy who is a host at the front but I believe he is a sommelier since he had great knowledge of wine, recommeded a bottle of wine for us. I am not an expert of wine but I tried to explain my kind of wine as much as possible. And it was the perfect wine!! For entree I ordered today's special and it was Hlibut with vegetable and my fiance ordered a fillet with potatos and asparagas. The dessert was creme brulee. Everything was just perfect and cannot wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Service was very good. Great Belgian beer selections and wine enjoyable. Good recommendations on both. Entre selections not enjoyable, particularly rack of lamb, which should have been described as 2 rib chops.
- Delicious!2FinePalatesDined on 8/8/2014I made a reservation to this restaurant because of the good reviews and I was DELICIOUS!! It was my husbands birthday and they made sure everything was perfect! From the soup to the dessert and everything in between a well seasoned masterpiece. I must admit that upon arrival we looked at the place and said really? Because it's in a strip center but once you step in you forget out it! It's very private and romantic tastefully decorated! The last thing I have to say... The service was excellent! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbarellaDined on 8/2/2014What a great restaurant. Heard of it from a friend. It was wonderful especially the Chilean sea bass and squash raviolis. Great wine list. Staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- balonei1Dined on 8/1/2014Servie was impeccable...so attentive and gracious. Food was delicious with many layers of flavor. Could taste the hours taken to prepare the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saint jacquesThePITDined on 8/1/2014An excellent meal, service and warm welcome. Highly recommend the foie gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. By the time we got to the desert course I almost didn't care what I ordered because I knew I couldn't be wrong.Special Features:
- Found the nuggetCornelisDined on 7/24/2014Traveling the world means eating at many different places. And, as with many experiences in live, some are good some are poor and most of them are reasonable. I make it a habit on my trips to visit as many different restaurants as possible. This was outstanding. St. Jacques masters the secret how to cook great food. The starter was an excellent kick off. The sea bass was the best I tasted in a long time. The apple pie was a pleasant symphony in taste and texture. Next time I am around I break my rule and dine here again. Absolutely.Special Features: