Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn
303 Burke St
Gibsonville, NC 27249Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.burkemanor.com/
- Phone: 3364496266
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jon Tillman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: Complete catering available on site in the 4200 Pavilion or for off site events.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Lacassagne 3364496266
A word from Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn
Saint Jacques French Cuisine at the historical Burke Manor Inn, located in the picturesque railway town of Gibsonville is now serving dinner Thursday through Saturday. Enjoy a glass of wine on the verandah then convene to the intimate dining room where a classic fine dining French meal will be offered. Saint Jacques French Cuisine in Raleigh has been voted one of the top 100 restaurants in the US by OpenTable diners since 2009. The same standards have been applied to their operation at the Inn.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (12)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful! A hidden gem in Gibsonville well worth the drive from anywhere in the Triad region.Special Features:
- Beautiful night!lovesgourmetDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant is beautiful and quaint in the small town of Gibsonville. The restaurant staff were EXTREMELY friendly and attentive. We were so impressed with the food, atmosphere, and staff. We came here for our anniversary and the whole dinner process took approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes which was great for us being that it was a special occasion and we really got to talk and relax. Our appetizers were so unique- we had scallops with mushroom sauce and escargot. The escargot wasn't buttery, instead it was light and flavorful. I would truly say this was a GEM of a place. The attention was definitely in the details: the small oil candle light, the veggies/herbs harvested from their garden, and the tiny floral decor.Special Features:
- Fine dining for the areaChutneyVIPDined on 8/21/2014We had a very nice evening at The Burke Manor before bringing our son to college. We are true foodies and have been quite spoiled by the fabulous restaurants in Boston that have opened in the past five years or so. The Burke is lovely and the service is attentive, but the food could be better. My tagliatelle with pesto and mushrooms was really a pappardelle with a hint of pesto with tiny diced mushrooms. My husband's Coquille St. Jacques were very small and contained shrimp, which in my mind is a filler. The creme brûlée custard was very thick with a dense, not so crackling brittle top. So if you are a "foodie", you will still enjoy this restaurant, as I believe it's the best in Burlington area, but adjust your expectations.Special Features:
- LovelyAugustaDined on 7/26/2014Our foursome really enjoyed the evening! One of the biggest reasons was our server. This charming young woman was knowledgeable about the food and helped us with some terms we didn't know. She had baked the bread herself! I had the seafood crepes and enjoyed. The chef lightened the sauce at my request. The only member of our party that was not satisfied was my husband. He had the Beef Bourguignon, and did not enjoy, mostly because it was not served over potatoes or a starch of some kind, so he just enjoyed extra bread. That dish is usually one of his favorites. The chocolate dessert was from Heaven! Our friends want to bring our bridge club here for Christmas.Special Features:
- Elegant Peaceful DiningRobertoDined on 7/17/2014Dined on a Thursday evening. Only one other couple was there. Was welcomed with a smile, and soft playing classical music. Was looking for a quiet getaway for dinner for two and found it here. Sheppard's pie and escargot ordered both were top notch. Train passed by twice which added to the small town ambience. No rush to leave so after dinner inside we sat on the veranda as the sun slipped below the horizon and lightning bugs flickered out on the lawn along with the candle at our table. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ St. JacquesNila27707Dined on 7/12/2014Overall, I was impressed with this little gem. The House itself is in immaculate condition and it's very intimate. The food was good considering there is not French Chef; however, we enjoyed the meal. The Lemon Basil Sorbet as palate cleanser was divine (would have loved that for dessert). Very cozy, and the sound of the Amtrak passing added to the ambience. Service is very good and the homemade breads were fantastic. The wine from Grove Winery was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance and epicurean delightbookladyVIPDined on 7/11/2014I dined here with friends recently--their first time here, my second time. We dined late and had the dining room to ourselves. Service was impeccable and the food, which included several specials of the night, was superb. My friends had appetizers of gazpacho and goat cheese on salad. Two of us ordered the boeuf bourguignon and one had the chicken with puff pastry. All were excellent. Ditto the creme brulee for dessert. I can also recommend the French onion soup which I have had at the owners' restaurant in Raleigh. My friends vowed to return with their neighbors who appreciate fine dining. They later learned that their neighbor had been here to celebrate a birthday. A "classy" experience!Special Features:
- Elegance in GibsonvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Worth an excursion !!! Outstanding food; romantic, tasteful dining room; great outdoor porch dining too !!!Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn reviews archive.
- Excellent Meal1finedinerDined on 6/13/2014We received excellent service from Sarah. The food was delicious. Very relaxing environment in which we were able to enjoy our food at our own pace. It was our first anniversary and we came back to Burke Manor Inn where we got married to celebrate and it was a great choice. The staff all wished us happy anniversary and served our dessert on a happy anniversary plate. We will definitely be back more often. Thanks for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014A friend recommended St. Jacques at The Burke Manor for our anniversary dinner. What a surprising find, right in our backyard in bucolic Gibsonville, NC! Exquisite meal, attentive and relaxed service, personal attention from the owner, and a delightful dessert surprise from the chef. A wonderful special occasion destination. Next time, we'll try the B&B getaway.Special Features:
- My guest and I were celebratingMickeyHDined on 4/12/2014My guest and I were celebrating his birthday. The dining room we were seated in was quietly elegant, not crowded. Relaxing. Both of us ordered exactly what we wanted without concern for the cost and the bill was less than expected. There were no disappointments. Everything was exceptional right down to the coffee. I hope to go back again before too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerBreliDined on 3/22/2014We truly enjoyed the quiet atmosphere, excellent service and unique (different) menu. We loved the duck "shepherd's pie" entree and risotto appetizer. We also had the specials of the evening, poached pear and Gorgonzola mousse and duck entree that were excellent as week. Delicious looking dessert menu, but we were too full . Sorry we missed it! Quality, presentation and taste were outstanding! Have already highly recommended it to friends. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonpareilCampari27262Dined on 2/14/2014There can be only one at the very pinnacle of any collection. When it comes to French restaurants in the Triad area of North Carolina ... and perhaps the entire state ... this is THE ONE. Have dined at Saint Jacques on four separate occasions. The groceries were ambrosial, there was never a miss-step in service, the ambiance is first-class and the personnel is friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. You cannot go wrong at Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn in Gibsonville. And the Inn itself is a delight. Give it a try, too!Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem in GibsonvilleDonnaDined on 2/1/2014Great French food and reasonably priced. The wait staff were very attentive, making for a most enjoyable experience. Would highly recommend this hidden gem in Gibsonville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014my niece and I dined there after Christmas, we enjoyed every course! if you have been to France, it will make you think you are back there again. we are thinking of doing a cooking class next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An interesting find in GibsonvillephwinkyDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I had noticed this restaurant when we moved to Gibsonville in 2009. It was about what I had expected it to be. We were the only guests at the restaurant that evening, so I think the owner would appreciate more business here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013Top notch dinner as we knew it would be. The service and the atmosphere are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine-dining in a small townJessDined on 12/14/2013Saint Jacques @ The Burke Manor Inn is a special find. Every dish we tried was delicious, and the overall dining experience rivaled high end dining in big cities. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly, and the blue cheese complemented it without overpowering it. The Tagliatelle Forestière was a table favorite; the mushroom and fresh pesto were beautifully balanced in every bite. What a treat to find high-quality fine-dining in Gibsonville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2013We stayed at the Inn and was very happy with those accommodations. The food at the restaurant, however, was not very good at all. It was very expensive. While our server was very nice, she had little knowledge of what she was serving. It appeared that she may have never used the word 'stroganoff' before. We ordered three main courses from the menu and the special. No one liked their dishes except for the person who ordered the special. I had a side of potatoes au gratin. They were over cooked, dry and very hard to cut or chew and barely warm. Most of the other comments from the table were 'bland'.
- Saint Jacques a Real FindMarkLDined on 10/12/2013What a pleasant surprise in a small town atmosphere. The food was spectacular and service was impeccable. For a real treat or special occasion I would highly recommend. Ask for Shawn for your waiter. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inn restaurant.RalphVIPDined on 9/5/2013Restaurant is contained in an elegant bed and breakfast inn. We were there on a Thursday -- we were the only patrons. Get the impression that the restaurant relies mainly on inn guests and event guests. The inn is set up as a event destination with accommodation in the back yard for tented - weddings etc.. Although the food was good, I wouldn't consider it outstanding. Will have to try the original Saint Jacques in Raleigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2013First time visiting Saint Jacques at The Burke Manor Inn. A perfect evening in every way. We have dined at Saint Jacques in Raleigh numerous times and are happy to know the level of service and quality of food is the same at The Burke. Hope to be able to stay over night in the Inn next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening4foodiesVIPDined on 8/3/2013Saint Jacques is one of our favorite restaurants as we are never disappointed with the menu selections or exceptional service. Both the duck entree and the salmon were excellent. Jessica's wine recommendation paired well with both entrees and the service was well timed and gracious. We are so pleased to have this restaurant in the triad area and look forward to a return visit very soon. Kudos to the owner, chef and servers for an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!!!tnt2Dined on 7/27/2013We went for a special occasion birthday and left really impressed. The food was fantastic, the service was personable and the ambience was elegant and romatic. Not inexpensive, but we can't wait for the next occasion to go back.Special Features:
- Great food — out in the countrynyccheriVIPDined on 6/20/2013Had a work event a few miles away in Elon, where nice dining options remain a bit thin on the ground. The Burke Manor Inn is kind of in the middle of nowhere — but the historic inn is lovely, as is the restaurant. Our server, Emma, was a delight and understood how to offer good service! The food — classic but modernized French — was terrific, with rich flavors and wonderful combinations. The risotto with Andouille sausage in a Spanish tomato sauce should be a main dish — yum! Really enjoyed our meal — might even make a special trip up for another dinner there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wondetful!MoondoggieVIPDined on 6/8/2013This was my second trip here and I was equally impressed on both visits. The food is fabulous and the service is impeccable. The owner goes out of her way to make sure you are happy with everything. I have eaten at the best restaurants in every major city in NC, and I can truly say St. Jacques can match or exceed any of them. Combined with the quaint ambiance of this beautifully restored old home in this quaint and charming little town, St. Jacques is a true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way better than expectedchri8iveDined on 6/8/2013We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant with a warm smile and welcoming attitude. The house is a turn-of-the-century home with tons of charm and character. The service was impeccable! The best that you will find in the area, bar none. The foo was exquisite, beautifully prepared and served to perfection. These is nothing like this within 20+ miles of Gibsonville or Burlington. You won't regret a trip to this beautiful location. Why not stay the night? Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 out of 10!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013My wife and I love this place! Great food and outstanding service! Nothing else like it in the area. We always come here for our special occasions. Perfect for someone wanting to do the romantic thing. It's a small venue so you really get the wait staffs full attention and want for nothing. I couldn't rate it any higher;)! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, preparation, timing,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2013Food, preparation, timing, and ambience were the best. One of the best dining experiences we have had!Special Features:
- Truly outstanding food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Truly outstanding food and ambience. A gem of a place.Special Features:
- Less than we expected50staterDined on 2/23/2013We were hoping for an exceptional meal with the executive chef from Provence but the meal was ordinary. The facility is lovely and service friendly and attentive but the food is not strong enough to bring us back. Coquille St. Jacques had three servings but a single scallop had been cut into 3 pieces for the dish. Lobster bisque was very salty and could not be eaten but there was no adjustment on the bill. The duck was not crispy and still had substantial amounts of fat under the skin. The warm goat cheese salad was OK but nothing exceptional. Our dinner companions ordered a chicken and pasta special that they found very good but my wife and I had an ordinary meal instead of the great meal we were expecting.Special Features:
- Amazing!MoondoggieVIPDined on 2/23/2013I had read and heard that Saint Jacques was a truly exceptional experience, and it lived up to everything I expected. Everything was perfect. This was truly one of the best dining experiences I have ever had and I hope to go back over and over.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013Absolutely Fantastic and Highly recommended!!!! Thanks Lori and Crew!!!!Special Features:
- Food was good overall, rangingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2013Food was good overall, ranging from fair to outstanding. Cost was above quality and serving size was smaller than expected for price. We wouldn't return more than once a year, at most. The cranberry rolls were delicious. The cherry desert with ice cream was very disappointing. The setting was lovely and the waiter outstanding. I could only recommend the restaurant with reservation. I would advise not going to this restaurant when you are hungry. We all agreed that we could find as good or better food in larger amounts for much less money even locally in our not so cosmopolitan small town. To make it worth the money,, the food should be tastier and in satisfying amount. For $60, the experience should be memorable.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Great place to go for a romantic dinner! I love the food and the service is great! I eat here as often as I can.Special Features:
- Exquisite in every detail.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Exquisite in every detail. Elegant but not stuffy.Special Features:
- Gibsonville gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012The perfect choice to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Every course was delicious, and touches like the amuse-boche made it even more special.Special Features:
- This is a little gem of frenchJRHinAVLVIPDined on 12/7/2012This is a little gem of french cuisine in the small town of Gibsonville, NC. Excellent food, service, ambiance, everything! The Salmon entree was divine and the suggested wine pairing was perfect. An unequivocal recommendation!Special Features:
- Saint Jacques is my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Saint Jacques is my favorite special occasion restaurant, elegant in every way. The food is outstanding, in taste and presentation. The ambiance, hostess, and wait staff add to the magic of the dining experience. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- For a Special Meal...JulianneDined on 11/15/2012It is amazing to find this place in Gibsonville! It is expensive, but very worth it. The walk up to the house from the drive adds to the anticipation of the meal. Everything is so beautiful and just-so, but the atmosphere is definitely not stuffy. The food is incredible and the service is never intrusive. We will be back many times.Special Features: