155 Southside Avenue
Hastings-On-Hudson, NY 10706Neighborhood:
Hastings on Hudson
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saintgeorgebistro.com/
- Phone: (914) 478-1671
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 5PM - 10PM
Friday and Saturday 5PM - 11PM
Sunday 5PM - 9PM
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 11AM - 3PM
Closed on Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Chris Vergara
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Cross Street: Spring Street
- Public Transit: The Hastings-on-Hudson Metro North Station is just a few quick steps down Southside Avenue from Saint George"s door.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: For street parking we suggest checking for metered spots on Southside Avenue and the adjacent Maple Avenue. The meters are active from 8am to 6pm.
Just south of Saint George on Southside Avenue there is a large municipal lot. This lot is right across from the Metro North Station, which also has some metered parking.
Maple Avenue meters require one quarter for 3 hours, making it the perfect spot for lunch and brunch parking.
A word from Saint George
Saint George is a new French Bistro focused on celebrating the traditions and flavors of the classic Bistro experience. Saint George offers a large raw bar, house made charcuterie, artisan cheeses, choice meats, sustainable seafood, and local produce. A wholly French wine list and contemporary cocktail program complement the 120-year old bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saint George reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (67)special occasion (49)romantic (42)notable wine list (22)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014But, I have to say, the rest of my group was happy. I thought the menu was quite limited. Also, and this was just a peeve of mine, the tables are small and we were 4. My husband and I shared the cote de boeuf and the beef was served in a huge skillet and the accompaniments were served on a huge platter - there was no room to move, and not much room for the other two diners. It was a bit of a trip for us and I would go to Luc in Ridgefield before I go back to this place.
- Best duck everOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/21/2014We drove all the way from ct. Probably the best duck I've ever had. Went there a month before and had to go back Oysters are awesome, definitely one of the best overall experiences in Westchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good on a busy nightDaleWDined on 11/16/2014We were surprised that it was packed on a Sunday evening, then discovered it was Hudson Valley Restaurant week. I went with the RW menu, with excellent pumpkin soup with pear, followed by skirt steak with frites ( steak and bordelaise sauce were fine, fries were great). My wife didn't do prix-fixe- loved the assorted oysters, interesting green salad with radishes, blue cheese,& pears, followed by duck breast on cabbage (with bacon, it was a bit like duck choucroute). All good, but the cabbage might have been highlight! Nice wine list. We ordered a glass of Sancerre for her oysters. They're good about BYO ($25 corkage) and brought out nice stems for a mature Bordeaux I had brought. Service was effiicient and friendly, even at capacity.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 11/16/2014Thank you for a wonderful evening. Although it was restaurant week we were all very impressed by the generous portions, the quality and excellent presentation. Definetely looking forward to dining with you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table Troubleswestchesterdiningfan86Dined on 11/15/2014While we had no issue with the service or the food--except for the fact that the Lobster Bisque had nary a chunk of lobster (just an empty shell floating in the soup for some reason)--our major problem was with the seating and table situation. We had made a reservation for our anniversary a month ago, yet when we arrived, we were seated at a table in the bar area, rather than the upstairs dining room. When we questioned that, we were told that a private party had booked the entire main dining room. The hostess simply shrugged and said "sorry." The restaurant should have told us this when they called to reconfirm our reservation the day before, as in "I know you booked weeks ago, but we would like to let you know that your table will be in the bar area." That would have been the proper thing to do; most people, I would surmise, expect they'll be seated in the dining room for dinner. My advice--be wary of a bait and switch on the tables if you book a reservation at Saint George.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 11/13/2014very good food and ambiance. service was fair as they were rushed and couldn't wait for us to finish so they could get our table. however, it was restaurant week and we will go back again when not a special week. the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner...again!christinaDined on 11/12/2014This was my second trip to St George and it was just as wonderful as the first. The food is delicious French country fare, not heavy or overwhelming, yet interesting and flavorful. Service is always great, and the atmosphere is very cool. I haven't been to the wine attic yet, but looking forward to trip #3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2014Great food. Excellent service. Couldn't ask for a better dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week ReviewrelishDined on 11/11/2014The food was very good (especially the chicken liver mousse) and the service was wonderful. However, one of our desserts did not live up to our expectations. The profiteroles were doughy and the chocolate sauce tasted like Hershey's sauce. This was definitely not what we expected, especially when we had been to other French restaurants so we had a basis for comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked the foodMaureenAndFriendsDined on 11/11/2014Food (escargots & hangar steak) and wine were very good. There is no parking lot, so park on the street, but it was easy to find a spot nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Evening!Susie618VIPDined on 11/9/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. We loved it and will return. Excellent food, only the dessert was just ok (profiterolles), mussels and trout outstanding and excellent service. Lovely Restaurant Week menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentIforkNYDined on 11/9/2014Everything was excellent. We sat in the new upstairs area that was beautiful and quiet. The steak frites was cooked perfectly. We plan on going back with family & friends in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticmaisieDined on 11/8/2014St George is always amazing. The seared foie gras is my most favorite thing anywhere. The chocolate mousse is to die for. Love the duck confit, the lamb....love love everything!Special Features:
- great night outpurplesunscreenDined on 11/7/2014I came here because my fiancé wanted awesome cocktails for his birthday and that is exactly what we got. We sat upstairs at a really quiet and romantic table and nobody rushed us. It was fantastic- from the food to the service, I have no complaints. Loved the mussels and the ricotta dumplings! Definitely coming back again for more absinthe cocktails :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week/ Anniversary DinnerDinewellDined on 11/6/2014We arrived for our 7Pm reservation. Had to stand for 15 minutes waiting for a table. The host did bring us a drink as we could not sit at the bar- it was set for diners. We enjoyed an excellent meal and the service was good.Special Features:
- Great "old bar"NinaVIPDined on 11/6/2014Great "old bar" atmosphere. Very friendly a and capable staff. We will definitely be back and will bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backmaven1VIPDined on 11/4/20144 of us went for restaurant week. The menu was lovely. Many appetizers and main courses. We all loved what we ate: mussels, escargot, beet salad, hangar steak and trout. Desserts were from the regular menu. I'm diabetic so they made up a fruit plate for me. Service was great. Our waitress was friendly and agreeable. We all loved the place and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2014We did go during restaurant week, but my husband and I thought we were being rushed throughout our dinner. The waiter seemed to be "all over us" to pick our courses and the courses came out very quickly.Special Features:
- A lovely EveningfoodiesdineoutDined on 11/1/2014Our party of 4 had a lovely evening dining at St. George. The duck was excellently prepared and garnished with an array of fresh, well seasoned vegetables. The service was good, as was the noise level. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good suburban bistroneuro14VIPDined on 11/1/2014I was not overly impressed with the food here and, as often in the suburbs, feel that one might be better off catching the train into the city -- in this case the train station happens to be right next to the restaurant. However for a suburban French experience, this place was excellent and the ambiance in particular stood out as being chic and Frenchish.
- Loved it - first time out!christinaDined on 10/31/2014The atmosphere was very European and awesome, and everything we ate was absolutely amazing and cooked so well. Very very happy to come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-but limited selectionsSteveDined on 10/25/2014This is the second straight year we've visited this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. There are many positives: all the appetizers and main courses are prepared with great care and using fresh ingredients. The preparations are at times original and never boring. The servers know the selections well and are very helpful. Our server comped a dessert for us, with a candle, for the birthday dinner. My main reservation is that the menu is somewhat limited. I recognize that this is a choice--to focus on few items and do them well. But this narrows the options and makes it less likely we'll return often. For example, my wife and I are fish eaters, and there is only one fish item available.Special Features:
- Delightful for brunchdeelishDined on 10/25/2014First time dining here, had brunch for 4 people on a Saturday. Service was very attentive, menu was well rounded, food was delicious and satisfying, prices were moderate. I highly recommend Saint George.Special Features:
- Lover of French FoodDiningknowhowDined on 10/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this Bistro turned out to be. The onion soup was wonderful, the Steak and French fries some of the best I have ever had, beautiful wines by the glass, great ambience (nothing changed from Buffet de la Gare, one of our favorites) with everythng left in tact from the other restaurant. The food and service were excellent and we have always loved this space so I highly recommend it if you are looking for a French Bistro of top notch quality. Saundra FriedmanSpecial Features:
- Feels like FranceFrescaDined on 10/8/2014Food is fabulous! Felt like I flew to France for a meal. It was my second time visiting st George and I have to say its one of my favorite spots in westchester. Took min for her birthday and she was impressed. Muddles, pate and trout were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNickDined on 10/3/2014Great food, great options, great service. If you like the French cafe scene, you will love this place. Not stuffy or "old," a bit more hip for that kind of place. My wife and I, both 30, found it to be a fun night out.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereFoodisloveDined on 9/27/2014Very good food, nice place. It would be fantastic if the servers were given hospitality courses as the restaurant itself is a very nice quality. Great find nonetheless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency strikes AGAIN!WestchesterFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Another solid meal at this "Francophile's" bit of heaven in Hastings. Wines by the glass particularly fine, and Happy Hour makes them a super deal! Duck breast once again a solid, hearty yet not heavy, special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Everything about our experience was outstanding - the food, the service, the ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- GourmetVIPDined on 9/20/2014If you like earsplitting noise, plenty of time between courses and entrees missing some of the promised elements, this is the place for you.
- Excellent BistroSdr24VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great wine , Attentive service, delicious food (grilled pork chop) and cozy, casual, friendly atmosphere made St George an excellent choice. The Oysters were outstanding. I look forward to going back for just a beer and oysters.Special Features:
- BernVIPDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful venue with delicious food. Was a lovely dinner, so am sorry to say anything negative, but though portions of other dishes were reasonable and some even generous, was surprised at the size of lobster cocktail considering the hefty price tag...maybe 2 bites for $18--though what was there was delicious, it was a very small portion which I had to take out of the shell myself. The bread was delicious, the hangar steak and fries were excellent and the dumplings were outstanding. I would definitely return for these dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!Amadeus99Dined on 8/23/2014I wanted to try a new Westchester restaurant to take my partner for his birthday. Saint George more than exceeded my expectations! The ambiance had old-world charm, the wait staff was courteous and attentive and the food was spectacular! I had the corn soup and the black bass special; my partner had the clams and the pork chop special -- all extremely delicious! And if you can't get good creme brulee and chocolate mousse at a French Bistro, than where can you? These were outstanding! The New York Times review convinced me to give Saint George a try, but now I can highly recommend it on my own!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBlueStarDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely time celebrating our 30th anniversary. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samiDined on 8/20/2014The food was excellent. The service was excellent. What more does a diner need? We will definitely return and recommend this restaurant to friends. The noise level, however, could have been more subdued.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyTricusDined on 8/14/2014Food and service were excellent. I was impressed when the wait staff recommended the least expensive wines by the glass to go with our entrees. The noise level is much higher than at the predecessor, Buffet de la Gare. It was a little difficult for three people to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd eat here againEatURHeartOUTVIPDined on 8/14/2014The service started off slow and choppy, but it improved over the course of our meal. The staff were nice, knowledgeable about the menu. The food was delicious! I had the ricotta dumplings, which were absolutely delightful, and I'd recommend to anyone dining there. My dining companions each enjoyed their meals as well, not a dish left sampled and enjoyed by all. They have a great wine by the glass menu, but their beer menu could be improved. The dessert menu was a bit of a letdown; after all of the interesting entrees, we were left with just a few of the French classics, such as creme bruise and chocolate mousse. They were very well prepared, but a bit uninspired. Overall, I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingidonthaveanameDined on 8/12/2014Great food, great staff, overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014The best duck I ever had. Wonderful dinner. Slow service.Special Features:
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014St George is our new favorite --- Wonderful food --- Great market salad each day --- Fish specials are delightful. excellently prepared french bistro food --- Owner make a delicious Planters Punch and there is an absinthe bar. Don't miss this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.