6900 N. May Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saiiasianbistro.com/
- Phone: 4057027244x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues: 3pm -9:30pm
Wed - Thur: 11am - 9:30pm
Fri : 11am - 10:30pm
Sat : 12pm - 10:30pm
Sun : 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is currently not available. But we do have large party sushi takeout service and delivery.
Please contact Shristy Ranjit at 405.702.7244 for more information.
- Special Events: We do have large party sushi takeout service and delivery.
Please contact Shristy Ranjit at 405.702.7244 for more information.
A word from SAII Bistro
Come and experience SAII Asian Bistro with all the ambiance of modern Asia. Taste the exotic and delicious Asian cuisine and indulge yourself with SAII's great specials. And if you are looking for aContinued
venue that is cool, elegant, versatile and different, this is the place for you, your family and friends.
venue that is cool, elegant, versatile and different, this is the place for you, your family and friends.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
SAII Bistro - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
SAII Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (31)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (14)hot spot (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Place / Inconsistent ServicePhilipInOKDined on 9/20/2014We always love to go to Saii for Dinner for two, with friends, or a large group. The food is always great, and well prepared. The service is either perfect, or not so great. You never know what you're going to get. This applies to both the sushi bar area, and the main dining room. Will still return, but fingers crossed they work on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodEnjoyDFoodDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten here many times. The food has always been good and the service has been solid. The sushi is good, and the ambience is pleasing. Tuesday always have a special discount which is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best nighthappycustomerDined on 8/26/2014I have to start by saying my husband and I are big fans of Saii - we think it's the best sushi spot in the city. One bummer is that sometimes they really miss - and our recent experience was one of those times. Service was spotty at best and the food was not their usual delicious offerings. We'll be back (eventually) because we know they can really do it right - but for now, we'll step back and let them (we hope) get it right again.Special Features:
- all about atmosphereeatthetreatDined on 8/20/2014Saii is beautifully decorated with cozy table settings. The food it's a always delicious. I try something new every time and it is always wonderful. Perfect for lunch or romantic dinner. I have had a birthday party here and we were accommodated wonderfully. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite romantic dining spotDoctortroubleDined on 8/10/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more entrees. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNoneofmybusinessDined on 8/7/2014Took my partner on a date there.... The ambience, drinks, staff and food was great. Very polite and very prompt. I will definitely be eating here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014The food at Saii has gone downhill. The presentation used to be something to take pictures of...I took pictures of my sushi last night, and it was too embarrassing to even post on Facebook. The sushi used to come out all on one platter, and your wait staff would explain what each roll was. This did not happen...they came out on several different plates, and nothing was explained. The "specialness" of this place has gone. The wait staff was not as professional as in years past. Really need to get back to how you were in the beginning!Special Features:
- love the ambiance!foodie101Dined on 7/31/2014I've been going here since it opened and love it every time. The ambiance and atmosphere is great. The food is always great as well. I've had everything from the stone pots to the sushi and can't complain! It is a little bit more pricey than a few other sushi places but I think for an every once in awhile outing it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to for Pad Thai, however...ArchetypicalVIPDined on 7/30/2014… the sauce flavor this time leaned more to the vinegar than sweet side. I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHungryWolfDined on 7/27/2014Excellent dining experience for a special occasion. Don't be fooled by the strip mall location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday evening at SAII'sYumYum1VIPDined on 7/25/2014I have dined at SAII's many times and continue to marvel at the variety of Asian dishes, as well as how the staff manages such a big weekend crowd in an intimate way. My friend and I enjoyed a Friday night dinner at SAII's, at a table for 2, including cocktails, wine and fresh sushi. Everything was fresh and delicious. Our "hotpot" main courses were equally appealing. Portions were generous and, thankfully, I had leftovers to munch on Saturday at home. Our waiter, who was finishing his second day on waitstaff, was polished, timely,unobtrusive but friendly. This was my friend's first time at SAII's but it won't be her last. We enjoyed our time together and the food was excellent. We had a "private table for talking", as requested.Special Features:
- Unexpected qualityRans0m00Dined on 7/20/2014This place is easily missable and from the outside you would not guess the quality of dinning. The seating is intimate, reservations are easily, and all my friends have enjoyed the food. The overall experience has always been good. Need to pay attention to what you are ordering or else the bill can be a shock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslyzardDined on 7/18/2014The inside look is clean, simple, and nice. We really enjoyed the food, and it is great for sharing.Special Features:
- great food, creative sushieatthetreatDined on 7/18/2014Saii consistently has great food and great service. I usually get there sushi which is always great, but this time I had spicy basil ribbon noodles and it was equally awesome. I will go for the pad Thai next time. Always delicious. I would recommend saii to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceSparkynpepDined on 7/16/2014I have been to SAII Bistro two times and each visit was great food and atmosphere.
- Nice night outLuvfoodDined on 7/14/2014It was a date night and it was great. The food was great and so was the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!foodlover1Dined on 7/4/2014This place was perfect! Took my parents here on the 4th of July for my mothers birthday since there were so little places that were open on that day. Was a little surprised by the location and didnt think it would be that good but once we walked in it was a huge surprise. The food was great with lots of unique choices to choose from and the atmosphere was comforting. They also gave complementary desert for my mom for her birthday. Will definitely go here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/13/2014Even though we made an open table reservation, we still had to wait till 9:00 for a table. Why make a reservation ? Food was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 299 reviews are from the SAII Bistro reviews archive.
- Favorite Sushi Place!AnnieEmmDined on 5/31/2014This is our favorite sushi place! We budget to be able to go here once a month, and also on special occasions. It's nice either for both intimate settings and groups. All of the food selections are excellent, and the sushi is amazing for taste, quality, size, and low comparative cost per roll with several selections at $7-12 per roll (though they do have some extremely large specialty rolls that run up to $19). We have tried several non-sushi menu items and everything is delicious with some of our favorites being stone pots and the peanut curry. They have accommodated children well, though I do recommend bringing an activity to keep them busy.Special Features:
- Saiisushiluvr99Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent place for quality sushi! The prices are comparable to others in town and the service is great. Make reservations for the weekend as they fill up quick. Love the wild coconut roll as it is very unique but excellent!Special Features:
- Good FoodShashimiGuruDined on 5/9/2014I had the Shashimi Sampler and it only had 4 varieties of fish. It was very good but was expecting more variety. Also it did not come with any dipping sauce so I had to ask for some. It was a nice dinner but slightly underwhelming.Special Features:
- Perfect birthday!YummersDined on 4/18/2014I've celebrated many birthdays here, and I plan on keeping the tradition. The prices are reasonable enough that it doesn't have to be a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!PitrottmommyVIPDined on 4/15/2014We've been frequenting Saii for well over 5 years now with weekly visits. I go to lunch or dinner weekly with my friends and my boyfriend and I go here every week or so for dinner. Love the ambiance and sampling of new rolls, that's what keeps us coming back! However, my greatest complaint is that Saii is a black hole with no wifi. Once you enter, cell phone service drops off exponentially. Some days I'm lucky to get even a text message and receiving a call is a joke. When it's busy, you can wait upwards of 45 minutes to an hour for food. For those of us who are busy or work in an emergency-based industry, going off the grid for 2 hours can be a hazard. Unfortunately, that leaves me having to days ahead for a trip here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceFrequentDinerDined on 4/6/2014Overall we had a great time. Sandy(?) was a great server. The food is always top notch and the ambience is first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. But I'vehkblueDined on 4/4/2014The food was good. But I've had better thai food and sushi elsewhere. A little pricey too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different SushiFoodie90Dined on 3/28/2014Saii has different rolls from other OKC sushi spots -- excellent menu! Perfect for people who know their sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAntManDined on 3/28/2014This was a great find. I love trying out new sushi restaurants and this beat out our current favorite. We really like the atmosphere inside the restaurant. The wood paneling kind of made it pretty romantic.Special Features:
- Great find!JColeyDined on 3/8/2014Initially, I had my doubts when a friend suggested an Asian/ Sushi Bar place in a strip mall but when you step through the door you are somehow no longer in a strip mall but a pretty swell restaurant with a great menu!!! The food is some of the first authentic Asian food we've had since moving here from Hawaii. If you live in OKC and have not visited Saii, you are failing yourself.Special Features:
- Very disappointed in serverSempaiDined on 3/1/2014Very disappointed in server (Nikki). She forgot my requested hot drink with dinner and when I mentioned it to her she stated "don't worry about it I didn't charge you." I wasn't worried about it just wanted it with my meal. We did not receive our sushi order prior to meal as requested but received it after main course was served. I ordered dessert but did not receive it. When Nikki presented our bill I asked about the dessert and she replied "yeah we were out of that do you want something else (sarcastically)?" I am always respectful and courteous to servers and usually tip very well - 25% on an average. This server made my patronage feel devalued by her actions, attitude and remarks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in OklahomapettsDined on 2/25/2014Anytime my husband and I want sushi, we love to go to Saii. It's the only place where we can honestly say that no matter what kind we get, it tastes amazing. The atmosphere is always nice and the staff is even better. We love going there for romantic dates and to celebrate birthdays. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way OK!BarbDined on 2/23/2014We enjoyed this outing very much and will come back when we are in Oklahoma City. This was very clean, good service, excellent food and it was our anniversary so it was special too. This food is one of the specialties which are the favorites for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our party was greatBrianDined on 2/22/2014Had friends in from out of town and the evening went off without a hitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateShanDined on 2/19/2014We went to Saii around 8pm on a Wednesday. It was still moderately busy, so it would definitely be best to make reservations. We each had a drink (a Sapporo and a glass of Moscato) and edamame to start. We ordered 4 rolls and they were all great! I highly recommend the OMG roll and the Wild Coconut roll. Our sushi took a long time (30-40 minutes) to be delivered to the table, which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Everything else was great! We will definitely return for another date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!happycustomerDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I are fans of Saii. It's the only place in the city we go for sushi (we've had some not so great experiences elsewhere). The food is always fresh and the service is almost always great (sometimes it's a bit frazzled, but that's normally on a very busy night). We love to dine at Saii for special occasions, it always takes us away from the "norm" for a little while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DisappointmentRegularVIPDined on 2/14/2014This has historically been one of our favorite places to eat but we were very disappointed at this visit. Granted this was Valentines but our reservations were fairly early at 6:30. We ordered a bottle of wine and they were out of that wine. We ordered Miso Soup and it was brought to us cold, We asked for it to be heated and the waiter said it would take 3 to 5 minutes and we said fine. It was really at least 10 minutes before they brought the soup back. Sadly when we got our food it was disappointing as well. I ordered the Sizzling Pot Noodles with Chicken. I had to search for anything but noodles. There were very little pieces of chicken and just a few vegetables. Also the Ginger Garlic Shrimp was over seasoned with Ginger.
- Special Night OutlooneylgDined on 2/14/2014Had a great dining experience for Valentine's Day! Great food, wonderful drink specials and fabulous place to spend the evening with my wonderful husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Food!monkeyboys3Dined on 2/14/2014Love going here!! Every time the food is amazing and the service is incredible!! The atmosphere is relaxing but at the same time, has an incredible sophisticated look!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoying SAIIYumYum1VIPDined on 2/13/2014Recently, my daughter and I picked SAII to celebrate the birthday of a friend. The three of us had a wonderful time. Food was delicious although all of us had different tastes and preferences. The waitstaff was solicitous but not cloying. Our booth afforded ultimate privacy. The choice of wines and beers was spot on for the diverse Asian cuisine. We all enjoyed our evening together and the excellent food and service. The bill was fair but not outrageous for this very enjoyable evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service, good sushiLisaDined on 2/8/2014We weren't blown away with the sushi, it was good, but not really good. The service was truly great and the environment was fun. Great for our big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always. ServiceLuvsushiDined on 2/8/2014Great food as always. Service wasn't very good. Too busy! Sat down at table and didn't see server for 25 minutes. My husband and I Ordered from the bar and it took another 15min to get drinks and order food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.