999 North Ft Lauderdale Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://saiasushi.com/
- Phone: (954) 302-5252
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Subin Chankesorn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access
A word from SAIA
Welcome to SAIA - a harmonious experience of the senses in a modish Southeast Asian style. In just one visit you will know why SAIA is more than just dining – it is an experience that inspires the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SAIA reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)scenic view (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- BMacPhersonDined on 9/12/2014Unique sushi combinations, great selection of small plates, generous portion sizes. Restaurant is set up nicely where tables tables are not right on top of each other. Went with friends and everyone enjoyed the night. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- MattsReviewsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food and decor were very good. Dinner guests are quite casual.... resort restaurant in the summer. Wine list is sub par, very few selections. Big problem is service. Our server, although very nice, should have been working at Denny's.... not SAIA. Not attentive, clumsy, sloppy. Overall very good, but some easy, slight improvements definitely could be made.Special Features:
- Fresh and DeliciousBabsDined on 8/16/2014Started the evening with Oh, My Cosmos! Great drink. Shared all food items. The sushi and rolls were extremely fresh. I would recommend the sea bass for a main dish. Finished with fried bananas and coconut ice cream. The service was superb and not rushed. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the SAIA reviews archive.
- one of the top sushi places in FLLchriscotVIPDined on 7/19/2014saia has a great menu selection for sushi and also some steak items (the miso filet is great)..one of our favorite spots because with the smaller dish options you can try alot of the menu...i think we had a total of 7 items of the menu. the staff is genuinely friendly..you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Average food. Great view.EddieDined on 6/26/2014Food is average, but pricey. Place is nicely decorated, with a nice ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful food and good servicefoodlover12Dined on 6/7/2014Our 2nd time visiting Saia...wonderful place. Creative menu choices, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and DrinksFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014I stopped here for a quick bite before a meeting and the food was amazing! I ordered several small plates and all of them were 5-star! The drinks were really good as well. I can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Fresh and unique flavorslittlenomsterDined on 6/6/2014Fish is extremely fresh and dishes highlight the fish/protein. Sushi rolls are unique and full of new flavors as is the drink menu. Tuna tartare and scallop ceviche was good but was lacking a bit of spice/flavor, however, if you're looking for the taste of fresh fish without overpowering the fish, the appetizers will please you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice beachsideMichB6Dined on 6/5/2014It was 7:30 Thurs night. Reservation was not necessary. Only 3 other filled tables. The Host was very pleasant, and Our Server was also. The decor is modern and fresh. Because I had studied the menu at home in advance and read revues, We knew what to order. Everything was delicious, and beautifully presented. Not budget-friendly, but during "Happy Hour" there are specials. Im not sure I would be pleased if I was staying at The Sonesta. Prices are a little high, but there are many other food options in the area. Our Groupon made this a good value for a nice night out on FLL Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSAIADined on 5/31/2014Our meal and appetizer was delicious. We thought that the portions would be larger because of the price. Also, due to being attached to another property, also it was quite noisy, not energetic as this option was not offered in "noise level".Special Features:
- Great ServiceEd2JavelinDined on 5/30/2014It was my daughters 30th Birthday and they really gave us a great experience and good foodSpecial Features:
- SushiJean007Dined on 5/29/2014Good sushi sélection, le restaurant est beau le personnel chaleureux et les susvisé sont excellent très belle endroitSpecial Features:
- Delicious!Futbolista525Dined on 5/27/2014We enjoyed everything from start to finish. The drinks (Sazerac and Pisco Sour) were well crafted, the Mongolian BBQ lamb lollipops were tender, and our rolls (Fire Dragon, Surf and Turf, and Tropical) were outstanding. We finished off with the tempura banana and homemade coconut ice cream which was delicious. We will definitely be back to Saia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousFortLaudFoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Extremely fresh tasting lobster bomb and the Thai Lobster Curry was AWESOME. Our server was very attentive without overstaying her welcome and very thorough. Definite keeper!Special Features:
- Cool findWillgoanyplaceDined on 5/17/2014Knew nothing about the place and was really surprised! Great service and unique, delicious dishes. Fun atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- profjoeVIPDined on 5/16/2014Great appetizers and entrees. Lollipop Mongolian lamb chops and lobster bomb roll plus the new duck entree are sure winners. We've had the Pad Thai and the Lobster curry at other times --Good stuff!. Nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was forgettableSHB0410VIPDined on 5/10/2014We dine at a lot of sushi restaurants and were surprised at the blandness of the food here, especially when considering the high prices. We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 sushi rolls, and 1 bottle of sake and the bill came to $97. The appetizers were very sub par (tom yom soup and tuna tartare) and the fish in the sushi rolls was hardly detectable and the rolls were overstuffed with cucumbers, asparagus, and other fillers. We were not impressed with any of the dishes we ordered. The quality, freshness, and cleanliness of the food were all fine, but for the price I would have expected it to taste a little better.
- Excellent Food, Poor ServicefairgameDined on 4/26/2014The food was extraordinary, specially the sushi, fantastic. Great flavor and fresh. The Service for the price you paid was very poor. We didn't order drinks but we had to ask for water a couple of times, the waitress was distracted with other things and she just take the order and didn't take more time to offer us or explain the menu more in detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality foodPhoneyDined on 4/25/2014The service could be warmer and more organised but it didn't overshadow the excellent sashimi and the rest of the food we ordered. It didn't arrive in the order we requested but it didn't affect our enjoyment. The mixologist should up his game as the cocktails were lacklustre - sounded good but didn't live up to their descriptions. Despite my negative comments, overall I'd rlsefinititely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start Off with Happy HourLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 4/24/2014Recommend beginning dinner at the bar for Happy Hour. $5 for good house wine and small plates are reduced in price. Enjoyed the scallop dish, lamb pops, hamachi jalapeno, and tuna tar tartare. Then moved on to finish dinner at table with view of the ocean. We enjoyed the sea bass and duck, both tender and tasty. Great service at the bar and table. Look forward to going back. We had a groupon which was great value, but would return without one.Special Features:
- Always a DelightLocalDinerVIPDined on 4/23/2014A great place to catch up with friends. Food is good and the staff is great.Special Features:
- Foodies-MGPetiteChicDined on 4/12/2014Outstanding! Great for sushi lovers & novices. The mongolian lamb pops were the standout of the night, cooked to perfection of medium rare & luscious tasting. The lobster bomb was another highlight. Great menu variety of sushi & other asian fare - raw & cooked. Not the largest sushi menu, but the perfect balance of creative fare. Great wine & sake selection, but wish Momakawa Pearl was by the glass. The food came out a nice pace through our dining experience. The host and staff were polite and warm. Our server, Sandro (sp?) was perfectly attentive, very personable and truly made our evening so enjoyable for our first visit with some great recommendations. We will be back!Special Features:
- SAIA ReviewLancesmomDined on 4/9/2014My friend took me to SAIA for my birthday. I love Sushi and I am very picky when it comes to sushi. The rainbow roll was really good. The fish was fresh, the roll was fresh, it was delicious. Our waiter was not very good, he did not follow through on my friends request for utensils or my request regular sodium soy sauce. However, I did see a waiter tending to another couple and from my standpoint seemed very good at his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceCocoHollidayDined on 4/4/2014Service was a little slow at first but our waiter eventually got what kind of night we were looking to have...keep the food coming and keep the drinks full! We ordered several small plates to share and most were very good. The hamachi jalapino was delicious as were the miso scallops, but we ordered the mongolian lamb pops and even though there were only 4 and we had asked for them to be cooked medium, 2 were well done and two were rare...too rare for us to eat. We also ordered the Saia-Rita which was way too sweet so we asked for something else (with apologies) but the coast was not taken off of our total bill (which was large!) All in all a good experience. Really enjoyed the bi-polar martini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for eatingMoratalazDined on 4/4/2014The place is nice....excellent location.. Nice service, minuscule but outstanding food presentation, etc. The only problem is that after spending $135 plus tip, for 2 people, we were hungrier that when we first arrived. Mind you, we are not big eaters. ( I only weight 165 lbs). After we left the restaurant were almost tempted to get a pizza next door. We would like to go back, since have a place around the corner and will go back in 30-40 days only one more time, just to re-check. Advise: please eat something before dining at SAIASpecial Features:
- Nice decor, average foodRonnieGDined on 3/29/2014Nice decor, average food, poor service. The decor is trendy chic, and the beach views are great ... but that is where the good part ends. The food was simply an unimpressive "okay." Lamb lollipops was good, as the lobster bomb roll. The pomegranate duck was bland and overcooked. The tempura rock shrimp were just okay. The service was terrible: nobody came yo the table for over 15 minutes, and it was another 15 minutes until the server returned with the wine. It wasn't like the place was full: a quarter of the tables were empty. It was just really poor service. Not worth a return visit.
- Enjoyable atmosphere and foodfoodlover12Dined on 3/29/2014Small, creative menu choices, very friendly hostess and wonderful windowside table overlooking A1A and the beach. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The restaurant validates, so valet parking was only $5...very reasonable for premium beach resort/restaurant. We're locals and didn't even know this place existed...will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Sushi at SAIAMrte62Dined on 3/23/2014For sushi lovers and novices, sushi by the fresh roll is not to be missed. Friendly staff and a menu with signature sushi rolls and mixed plates make the choices simple and satisfying. It is not cheap, even with a Groupon, but it is hand rolled fresh with a flare. Save room for dessert--the tira ma sushi looks just like a sushi roll, but is a roll of chocolate cake, tiny, round red gelatin on top that looked like fish eggs, a small scoop of green tea ice cream to look like wasabi and real chocolate in a soy sauce dish to dip the dessert. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!greattasteDined on 3/21/2014Not only was the food great, but the service was excellent Out waiter made a great suggestion for a choice of sake and dessert. Everyone was very polite, the food came out fast, and presentation of sushi was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay. Definitely betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Just okay. Definitely better fine Asian dining optionson the beach, but good service and good food.
- FunLoveSushi2MuchDined on 3/15/2014Had a great evening here for girls night out. Everything we ordered was tasty and the cocktails were amazing. Highly recommend the lobster bomb roll. Our waitress was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAIA SighprofjoeVIPDined on 3/14/2014This upscale sushi/Asian restaurant in the main floor of the B hotel on A1A and the beach is one of our favorites. We seem to have a special table and naturally a special waiter. The lamb chop appetizer is always terrific.So much so we had 2 orders.The Lobster Bomb Sushi role melts in your mouth and the Shrimp Pad Thai with its watchful giant langostino on top was wonderful. The manager is very knowledgeable about the wine list and extremely gracious about the changes in their cellar. Be wary of walking through a gaggle of Hotel entrance smokers on the way into restaurant. Valet parking makes this a great place to eat on the beach. A decent bar crowd. A nice outside on the ocean dining area.Signup for eMail for monthly specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now one of my favorite restaurantsMelbVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great location right on the ocean. Everything we ordered was delicious, especially the "lamp lollipops". The drinks were also unique and delicious. It is actually now one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandro, thw waiter was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Sandro, thw waiter was great. Sushi was good, but small. Lamb lollipops were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fort Lauderdale sushiDrrogiVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great find in Fort Lauderdale vast culinary choices. Great varied fusions of Asian foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of a prime locationAwfulVIPDined on 3/7/2014Awful food, horrible service , typically rude tourist like treatment, unaccomodating sushi chef...(wouldn't slice my sashimi thin ) water like soup. Loud techno music. I could describe more ways to waste your money here but don't waste yours!
- We had a great time and itRockDined on 3/2/2014We had a great time and it delivered what we needed for being first time goers. Food, drinks and ambiance offered us a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good findBMP1Dined on 3/2/2014Not easy to find a good sushi place in Fort Lauderdale. This is one of the better places. Nice decor, good food. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend for Sushi with a ViewLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 2/28/2014We went to SA1A because we had a Groupon. Excellent menu choices for Sushi and cooked food. We had sushi appetizers and Sea Bass entree. Enjoyed everything. Will go back with or without Groupon and seats by window facing ocean.Special Features:
- Great Sushi & plenty moreScottviewDined on 2/22/2014Location, ambiance, and food were very good. Server knew menu and made good recommendations but was hard to locate and not attentive enough. Sushi was very good and original. Many other choices for those not interested in Sushi..Special Features: