Sahaara Mediterranean Tapas
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Sahaara Mediterranean Tapas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sahaarasf.com/
- Phone: (650) 513-1094
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are glad to cater parties of up to 500 people. Please call us for details.
- Entertainment: On Friday & Saturday nights, we feature live Middle Eastern music from 10pm-1am. Dinner reservations are required.
A word from Sahaara Mediterranean Tapas
Sahaara Mediterranean Tapas serves traditional Middle Eastern & Mediterranean dishes that are known for their freshness, authentic flavors, & abundant portions. Our dishes are prepared with locally grown ingredients & the love that only a family owned & operated restaurant can offer. Our personal & attentive service keeps customers coming back regularly. Our menu includes traditional kebabs of beef, chicken, lamb & prawn. Vegetarians love our hummus, baba ghannooj, greek salad, falafel salad, eggplant salad, & lentil/carrot soup. We offer many selections for gluten free dining too. We are proud to offer Californian & Italian wines to complement our cuisine, as well as domestic & imported Russian & Lebanese beers. Traditional desserts baklava, warbat, mohallabiye, & knafe are the perfect sweet ending. Our location in the heart of Burlingame with easy parking accommodates intimate dinners for two, families or groups or large private parties. We look forward to welcoming you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sahaara Mediterranean Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- EliseDined on 9/23/2014I went with a group of co-worker. Ambiance is casual and food was amazing. Owner of restaurant offered us sample of desserts and a pitcher of Turkish coffee. Great food, great service, great ambiance and great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lacks ambiance.TimSVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great place and would recommend for sure. The owners should hire someone to create a better feel inside and they would have an amazing restaurant. So go for the food and tell them the same. They are sitting on a gold mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Sahaara Mediterranean Tapas reviews archive.
- Quick Bite Before AirportOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014We met for a quick bite before heading to the airport. It was a perfect ethnic find. The servers were wonderful and friendly and treated us like family. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Kababs!ShamrockDined on 3/18/2014I recommended this restaurant for a lunch with a client. My boss and my client had never been there, and they both loved it! The three of us had the combination kababs (chicken, lamb, beef), and it was superb. My boss told me I made a good score - yay! I had been here before with friends, and I had good experiences then too. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itAnglolebVIPDined on 12/8/2013Okay, we are Lebanese, and I guess we are part of the "family", so we loved the vibe we got from Sahaara. The food was great and we happened to be there on the same night a baptismal reception was going on. That being said, and as a restaurant guy, I saw a couple beside us that they asked us to consolidate our table to accomodate who were never approached and left, never being acknowledged. Let me clear...the food is great and would rival my mohter's kitchen. Go and relax. They'll get to you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Poor ServiceDimashqi2020Dined on 12/7/2013Great food, once a server gets to you. The manager was busy meeting and greeting a larger group, where every other small table suffered from poor service. Needless to say, there was minimal tip.
- simple pleasuresOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013There's nothing particularly fancy, but it's absolutely delicious. It's a better experience than most restaurants twice the price. The hookahs in the back room are great too, if you like that sort of thing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was flavorful and plennarainDined on 8/2/2013Service was not good. I asked for lemon wedges 3 times from 2 different servers and still didn't get any. I also asked for more bread but never got it. We seated ourselves and waited atleast 15mins before anyone approached us. Also the music was too loud for dinner. We were there at 6pm and there was only a few groups, no need for very loud music early in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb and chicken kebabsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/23/2012The lamb and chicken kebabs are great and tacos are tasty. The service was VERY bad even when considering there was a large party in the outdoor space out back. Incorrect orders; difficulty getting attention when we needed things; long wait for food; even when order was corrected the restaurant billed us for the food we didn't we didn't order ; requests for bread and water during the long wait that were acknowledged but never fulfilled; order not as described on menu (corn tortilla's were substituted by wheat flour pita). The most postive thing I can say about the service is they were not rude. Tasty, but a long and tiring evening.Special Features: