1075 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Middle EasternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sahasf.com/
- Phone: 4153459547x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM - 2:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Fusion / Eclectic, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Mohamed Aboghanem
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We provide customized menus for parties up to 40 people. The Hotel Carlton has a meeting room down the hall from Saha which can accommodate 40 for a sit-down function and 60 for reception.
- Private Party Contact: Marmee Aboghanem 4153459547x
- Special Events: Saha is a beautiful setting for group celebrations or get togethers. For group reservations of eight people or more, we do have a $30.00 per person minimum for food & beverage spending.
- Cross Street: Hyde & Larkin
- Public Transit: #2,3,4
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The garage located at 1101 Sutter validates 3 hours of parking for $7.00. Pull onto the second level of garage for attendant and make sure Saha puts sticker on parking ticket. Keep an eye out for street parking but can be hard to come by after 6PM.
A word from Saha
Saha offers Arabic Fusion cuisine which is a blend of traditional Middle Eastern dishes and California cuisine with an Arabic influence. The menu is extensive with a large selection of small plates, entrees and a three course prix fixe option. Chef Mohamed Aboghanem is the only one in San Francisco who gives equal rights to vegans and omnivores by creating a menu with many options for any diet. An ever-changing and select list of wine and beer compliment the savory, sweet, and spicy flavors in our food. Please come join us for a culinary adventure!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Saha reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (26)good for groups (21)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fresh and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Saha turned out to be such a find. Truly the best middle eastern food I've had in SF. Clean, fresh and many organic ingredients. The grill and dip mezas were outstanding. The mergez perfect. Both couscous royale and seafood tagine nicely slices, tender and perfect portion size. We are definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully inventivealphonseDined on 8/27/2014Three of us had dinner here on Wednesday during the week leading up to Burning Man, which could be why the place was nice and quiet. The food is very creative and has many vegetarian options so this is an especially good option if some of the party are vegetarian or vegan, but others are not. We had the duck breast, the lamb roast, and a pilaf (I don't remember the name) of rice, pine nuts, carmelized onions, and other goodies. All were excellent. The only disappointment was a sausage made of fava beans, which had the look of a sausage but was bland and undistinguished. The pear tart for desert was outstanding. Ryan, our waiter was excellent and made good reservations. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and funTrsnVIPDined on 8/23/2014Second time we've eaten dinner at Saha and again enjoyed everything. The waitress was very helpful in guiding us through the menu and the four of us were able to share many dishes all with different favors. Scallops are amazing as are their lamb dishes. A fun find that is different from the norm. Nothing is too spicy or out there. Quite enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Francisco GemWineandDineDined on 8/22/2014This Mediterranean restaurant is a gem, tucked away in the Carlton Hotel. The menu is varied and we enjoyed salmon, scallops and the Mezza Plate of chicken and lamb. All were beautifully cooked and tasty. The menu also offers many vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. The service was very good and the staff were happy to accommodate some changes to our choices due to a food allergy. The atmosphere is friendly and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Middle EastHowardr48VIPDined on 8/16/2014The menu at Saha features dishes from various part of the Arab world. Nothing wrong with that. The variety of dishes was extensive and from what I ate and tasted a dinner the quality of the food and its authentic taste did not suffer.Special Features:
- They need more waitersterichinDined on 8/15/2014After I sat down it took them for 15 minutes to get my drink order (beer) and brought my order. We had to wait for 15 minutes or so to order meals. And we had to wait for 30 minutes or so to get our first plate. The waitress made an excuse that this happened because many groups came at the same time. But she was nice to make our first order on house. Foods were excellent. Atmosphere is good except I don't like the mirrors on one wall where I had to see myself during the course of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I bought my boyfriend here for his birthday. We love Arabic Fusion cuisine and Saha s definitely the place to get it! We did Prix Fixe and got to select a soup or salad, small plate, and entree. Everything was delicious and unique. The service was also very kind. The ambiance is eclectic in a good way and the crowd is a pleasant mixture of all types of people since the restaurant is located inside of a hotel. I highly recommend Saha!Special Features:
- love this kitchenKristianDined on 8/8/2014Get several of their smaller dishes to maximise discovery potential! The flavours and textures were elegantly combined, the dishes were beautiful. Everything from the marzipan stuffed beet starter to the finishing Arabic tea was well balanced and delicious. Make sure to come hungry and leave room for dessert! The location inside a hotel makes it a bit crowded and loud. But it's very affordable and I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Superb Saha!SuzanneAgasiVIPDined on 8/2/2014Saha was yet again, SUPERB!! The green gazpacho was divine. Fresh and delicious, I enjoyed this last time, and was thrilled to order it again. We enjoyed 2 of the evening tapas specials, the lamb and the roasted duck. The servers are sweet and knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. The Chef is uber talented and coursed the meal perfectly. We enjoyed a lovely bottle of French wine, and it was truly a romantic and special evening. Can't wait to return for my birthday in 2 weeks!Special Features:
- FairFairDined on 7/24/2014Mushy fafafel. Under cooked pastry on spectacular huge Divers' scallop on a brilliant parsnip puree. A shame the scallops didn't benefit from Middle Easternseasonings , although they were luscious except for underdone pastry.
- Quality foodJackieWVIPDined on 7/19/2014Love Saha. This time my boyfriend and I shared 4 plates -- stuffed artichoke hearts (fantastic & vibrant flavor, filling), za'atar cauliflower (good flavor and fun to get the whole head of cauliflower, but a bit hard to break apart, and needed more of the sauce - which we fortunately had at the table - to really give a stronger flavor), yemeni okra (standard okra, but felt a bit less seedy than okra usually does, which was a plus - had a nice sauce that still let the flavor stand out), and yemeni fouel (delicious and very filling, like a hummus with more earthy flavors, quite hardy). We were both very satisfied! Our companions got the tasting menu, which they loved. And everyone (besides me) split two bottles of red wine. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- fantastic mealPiranha426Dined on 7/18/2014I've been to Saha a few times and have never had a dish I didn't like. The flavors and execution are simply amazing, and it's always a treat to come here for dinner!Special Features:
- Nothing else like itsmilemakrDined on 7/18/2014Saha stands out as having unusual cuisine (Arabic/Yemeni fusion?) prepared brilliantly. Really outstanding flavors. My wife and I eat plant-based food and so have a hard time finding restaurants that will serve more than one or two vegan items. No problem in that regard at Saha, with at least a dozen vegan items, as I recall. Our friends, who are not vegan, loved the vegan items and said they did not miss meat at all! I should mention that carnivores will be pleased with the selection of animal-based items, as well, I suspect, but with plant-based cuisine this delicious, why do in animals?Special Features:
- Great experience.foodieinthemakingDined on 7/12/2014Amazing food and the staff were very knowledgeable and professional. The lights kept going up and down which was very distracting and it was a bit loud, but it was a fantastic dining experience and I will most definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - Great Food.Local1955VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was great. My daughter is a vegetarian and the rest of the family is not. There were more great options for both and we really filled up on great food. Prepare to share dishes they are all great. We got there early when the noise level was low and nice. By the time we left the noise level was very loud and we could not talk -- we had to almost yell to be heard. This can be a problem, but the food was great.Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 7/11/2014Incredibly interesting options. All delicious and beautifully presented. Definitely going again. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavorsPDXFoodiesDined on 7/4/2014After reading other reviews we decided to try this place out. The waitress was spot on with her recommendations. The squid salad special was terrific, the falafel (gluten free!) was very good. We also had the stuffed artichoke hearts and the sage duck. Their menu is very well noted as to what is gluten free and vegan. We'll definitely come back next time we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best diner of the trip!TomandShannonDined on 7/3/2014We spent 3 nights in Monterey and 3 in Napa Valley prior to coming to San Francisco. Though the dining was spectacular in each, Saha was the one we will remember. The room was intimate, the staff were informed and attentive, and the food was simply amazing! Though satiated after three "small" plates, we couldn't leave without trying a fourth. We were glad we did. We were also glad to have a nice, long, mostly downhill, safe walk back to the hotel in the Fisherman's Wharf area.Special Features:
- out on a limbTrsnVIPDined on 6/28/2014We tried Saha on a whim after staying at the Hotel Carlton previously.. The food was amazing! Since we had never experienced Arabic cuisine before we relied on our server Ryan to give us suggestions. He was spot on. We thoroughly enjoyed the scallops wrapped in phyllo , and the sage duck was mouth watering. Would highly recommend this spot. It got very busy and my only complaint would be that the air circulation is lacking and it did get a bit stuffy. Could have just been the table we were at though. All in all it was a fantastic eating experience and we will be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Great food and service. I recommend the avocado salad.Special Features:
- ...uncommonly satisfying...oldbonesDined on 6/21/2014Like a great wine, Saha offers a rare blend of new and memorable flavors, excellent service, and an uncommonly satisfying finish. Among San Francisco's many fine restaurants, this is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We love this place and it's always wicked amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back...Luv2winedineDined on 6/19/2014This menu is phenomenal! The spices and flavors will absolutely blow you away. I would suggest sampling many of the small plates for a full experience...server was very helpful with advice and wine pairing...there were items on the menu I would have never ordered without suggestion and would order again now next time...and there will be many next times! Good food make you happy? You'll be elated at SahaSpecial Features:
- Great Little Hidden GemHazCeliacDineTipsDined on 6/1/2014I planned a birthday brunch for my boyfriend. Got on Open Table and searched GF friendly restaurants that could take a reservation for 15 people on Sunday and found this gem. I had never been here and was nervous to book it since it was for a special occasion and all but after reading all the reviews I decided it was a safe bet. It was perfect for a big group. The service to the food to the ambiance very pleased. The food was so good off the brunch menu we decided to go back and try it for dinner the food was great! The menu has tons of GF (gluten free) & V (vegan) options. The owner very nice and welcoming as well. Definitely give this little gem a try! My bf and I have added this to our rotation of favorite local spots to eat in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 in San Francisco - fantasticfoodloverVIPDined on 5/30/2014Hands down the best middle eastern restaurant in San Francisco! Chef (and owner) serves creative, fresh dishes with sustainable ingredients. The food is perfectly well balanced and every dish of unique flavors. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. They work hard to make you feel at home. The menu is extensive, the portions big and price very reasonable. You must try the Sage Duck, marinated with honey, sage and mustard served with mashed sweet potatoes and the Saffron Lamb Tangine paired with a Pinot. And don't miss dessert...the Bibusa Yemin cake and organic Pear tart were fantastic. We're already planning two more visits...Special Features:
- great gem!belledentDined on 5/23/2014It's a very cute restaurant tugged in a hotel on Sutter near Van Ness, serving Arabic food. The ingredients are fresh and the food is delicious. It was my second time coming back to this restaurant, and I really enjoyed how many options there are to sample different types of dishes. The service was great, not too much, not too little. We had a great time. I would highly recommend this restaurant anyone who wants to try something exotic and have a taste of good Arabic food.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceveggiemattDined on 5/15/2014Amazing food with a menu that is very welcoming to vegetarians and vegans alike. One of our favorite date spots in the city. Definitely try the "Slap Yo Mama" for dessert!Special Features:
- Transcendant!NotTheRealMickJaggerDined on 5/11/2014Over the years I've wondered: how can Saha keep getting better when it's already virtually perfect? And then it gets better.Special Features:
- not to be missedEdwardianBallDined on 5/11/2014Soups are very special, care and love are evident in every dish. Owner/chef is charming and Saha has a feel good buzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mother's Day brunchBob68VIPDined on 5/11/2014We discovered this place online, hadn't been here before. Convenient to Russian and Nob Hill. Middle Eastern slant to the menu, food was excellent. They serve several different varieties of "benedict" dishes. One was with crab, so I expected some crab on an English muffin. But no, it was two huge mounds of crab meat topped by an egg! Saha is a nice setting, nothing fancy. it's a hotel restaurant, interior, no view, and mostly had guests from the hotel, I would think. Definitely worth another visit for a sunday brunch, when a lot of other places are busy. Free bubbly for the mother was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceveggiefoodieDined on 5/10/2014We've been to Saha a few times, and each time we are extremely happy with the food and the service. We are vegetarian, and we have a member of the party who has some food allergies on top of that, and Saha is both vegetarian and vegan friendly and also were very good about accommodating our allergies. The food was fantastic, and the service was wonderful as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Yemeni Food. Yummini!CliffDined on 5/9/2014Small, medium and lrge plates and food to fit every appetite, particularly if it's an appetite for middle eastern food. Recommended, the Salmon Baclava (really!) and their lamb dishes. We'll be back!Special Features:
- a foodie treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014The food at Saha was excellent - some tasty and unexpected combinations. We ate very heartily enjoying the various courses and taste surprises. It was yummy. The restaurant itself lacked a bit of comfort and atmosphere - but focus on the food and you are in for a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1000 reviews are from the Saha reviews archive.
- HappyCowDined on 5/3/2014Compromise is a dirty word these days, but to me, Saha is the perfect compromise restaurant, and that's great. I'm a vegan, but not all of my friends are, and I feel like a bully if I drag them to a vegan place, but at the same time, I want somewhere where I am comfortable eating myself and have a selection. Additionally, who doesn't love going somewhere fancy, but at the same time, saving a buck? I love Saha, because it's got a good selection of meat dishes for my omnivorous friends, but also very knowledgeable and friendly staff to help me choose one of the many delicious vegan options, and has a 'special occasion' vibe without sacrificing a certain degree of coziness or demanding triple figures per diner! I'd definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Wonderful flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Extensive menu, excellent service, and wonderful flavors. A unique dining experience.Special Features:
- Great find - highly recommended.SuzinSantaCruzDined on 4/25/2014A group of us enjoyed every part of our time at Saha. The food was interesting, delicious, nicely presented and reasonably priced. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Lovely atmosphere. Usually restaurants in hotels are mediocre, but not Saha. I only wished I lived in San Francisco so I could go often and try all their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TreasureDelightedDined on 4/19/2014I went for their wonderful chicken Bastilla and their Za'atar dipping sauce, but added new experiences with the beet salad and Shakshuka. Oh yes, and you have to try the avocado salad! It is flash fried and stuffed with Tabbouleh. The endless cup of Arabic tea was soothing and helped digestion - took me back to the salons of Morocco. (I know, it's a Yemeni restaurant.) Most impressive was the waiter and staff. They knew we were on a time limit and were very attentive. We enjoyed our meal and were out in an hour, in time for the concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service could be betterVSSSDined on 4/18/2014We have been to Saha a few times and have never been disappointed. But this time, somehow some of the items on the menu were not quite up to our expectation. The service was also not that great. Our order of ravioli which we placed early on, for our kid came almost towards the end This is not a cheap restaurant and we definitely expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, original foodMitchellZDined on 4/12/2014Yemeni-based food, which they describe as "Arabic fusion." Everything has a familiar base in Middle Eastern cooking, but with wonderful, original combinations of new flavors that work brilliantly. Just a terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greay food with outstanding serviceDavePVIPDined on 4/8/2014The food was great as was the service, I highly recommend you check it out!Special Features: