SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter
4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30346Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sagewoodfiretavern.com/
- Phone: (770) 804-8880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tony Itzie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: LIVE SAMBA MUSIC
Tuesday thru Saturday, show begins at 6pm
ATLANTA’S HOTTEST HAPPY HOUR
Monday thru Friday 4pm-7pm
Complimentary Tavern Hors d'oeuvres
An assortment of over 2 dozen small plates $3 - $7
Available in our Bar / Lounge and Courtyard Patio
All top shelf Martinis including Grey Goose,
Ketel One, Van Gogh, Tanqueray, Beefeater,
High Vodka, Purity Vodka or Chopin
Martinis $5 all day
2oz. Wine Tasters of your choice $2 each all day
IMPORT & DOMESTIC WEDNESDAYS
$3 Import Drafts and $2 Domestic Drafts all day
FRIDAY NIGHT DRINK FEATURE
Starting at $5
LADIES NIGHT – FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Ladies join us for a DANCE PARTY at Sage Perimeter
Enjoy our Bar / Lounge and Courtyard Patio
DJ playing all your favorites 10pm-2am
A word from SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter
Sage Perimeter offers a city chic yet casual atmosphere featuring contemporary American cuisine with global influences. We offer market fresh fish, seafood, hand-cut steaks, chops, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas and burgers all prepared over our live hickory oak woodfire grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (29)romantic (28)vibrant bar scene (25)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Calm down, waiter! But the steak ... yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Host was ready to seat us upon arrival and seemed friendly. Our waiter, unfortunately, made a very strong impression on us. His voice was deep, he hardly smiled and he mumbled a lot. There were 3 of us at the table and we agreed that we could barely understand what he'd say to us. He did, however, check on us frequently and provided speedy service (which is important for the lunch rush). The bread was way too hard and difficult to pull apart but the dipping sauce was quite delicious. My steak (which to me, is the kiss of death on a restaurant when not cooked properly), was cooked perfectly! I had the ribeye and it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a GREAT experience at Sage!BobbyDined on 11/18/2014I would definitely recommend Sage to a friend. The food is always great and the desert selection is awesome. I have never had a bad experience here! The selection of signature drinks is great also. If you have desert ask for the chocolate martini taster!!Special Features:
- Overall Pretty Good but....billvjohnDined on 11/17/2014Food was great but took way too long to be served. We had apps, soup and dinner (no dessert) and it took 2 1/2 hours start to finish. The time in between dishes was ridiculously long. Service could have been better as well as I could have done without the "hood" expressions and body language. Just not very polished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014A bit noisy ..bread pudding was dry and Nick took charge....and removed the charge...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive critiquePositiveDined on 11/12/2014We've dined ar Sage several times in the past year. The last two times have not been what made us excited about it to begin with. Our visit app. One month ago at Alpharetta was pretty bad(so bad my whole family said we would not go back again). This last visit to Perimeter was ok. It seems to have lost some of its character,ie. The sage drawn in the olive oil dip and the way we were treated. Hope you take this as positive criticism as that is what it is meant for. Thanks, and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok valueCCinTheSoutheastVIPDined on 11/10/2014Heard it is run by Greeks, and I love Greek food. But I got the gyro pita. Among the weakest entrants for that entree I've ever had. But the caesar was decent as a side. Place was empty. Perhaps for a reason.
- Great Placeluv2dineDined on 11/8/2014This was my first time going to Sage. I took my fiance for his birthday and we had a very nice time. The wood-fire shrimp were our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fresh and funHandysmurfDined on 11/7/2014The wedge salad was extremely delicious. "Ordinary" items well executed are not often available in foodie restaurants. Service was very efficient and discreet. Ambiance congenialSpecial Features:
- Relaxing Atmospherecook4meDined on 10/31/2014Great place to meet friends to enjoy a drink in the bar (live music) before dinner. Service was excellent, the food was delicious. Baby back ribs fall off the bone just as stated in the menu. Surf and turf was very good. Nice low key background music. Easy to have conversation with friends without shouting. Hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Love the foodKirstinVIPDined on 10/23/2014I frequent Sage. I go there a few times a month and usually it is a terrific experience typically business lunches there go off without a hitch but not this time. This time the food was great as usual but I have to call out the service. Nick was our server and was not very good. He moved the review down from 5 star to 3. Normally the service at Sage is very good.Special Features:
- Amazing Ambience, Horrible ServiceGoing2NOLADined on 10/20/2014The Server, lets call him "Empty-Plates", seemed to be in a hurry to usher us out of the place. He kept hovering around our table, asking us if we were done and giving lame excuses to keep coming back when we specifically told him to stop bothering us. He asked us about our checks (separate or together) when CLEARLY more than half of us had not even got through part of our meal. The place is a gem but we had a horrible experience because of the poor service offered by "Empty-Plates". As if to prove a point, when we were finally done and actually ready to go, our ever-present Server "Empty-Plates" was nowhere to be found and I had to ask him to bring us the check at least 3 times before he finally did so.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/20/2014I met a friend for dinner and we decided to try Sage. My chicken was severly over cooked, the waiter was some what annoying and her fried ravioli looked overcooked. Don't think I'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our group had the best time. The food and atmosphere were wonderful but the service was exceptional. The music made our experience all the better.Special Features:
- Great Birthday EveningHooksReviewsDined on 10/17/2014I took my wife to Sage for her Birthday dinner. We had a great time. The food was excellent and our waiter was outstanding. The decor of the restaurant is perfect for couples that want to dine in a more intimate setting. The appetizers were delivered promptly and our dinner beverages where balanced perfectly. We will definitely return soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLovetoeatDined on 10/17/2014Made reservations thinking I had never been there before. Once we pulled up realized we had been years ago. For 85$,Food was ok but not memorable. Waiter was very attentive.
- Dinner w/ work groupBrat1016Dined on 9/30/2014Planned dinner at Sage for a group of 6 co-workers. Overall we were all pleased. Everyone found something that they enjoyed. Wait service was attentive and well timed, meals were prepared as requested. One point of feedback...we had a reservation for a group of 6...they attempted to sit us at a booth table that seemed more appropriate for 4. Upon arrival I had to ask them to re-seat us (some had already arrived and been seated) as a table that was more appropriate for our party size and they moved us to a small regular table that was a bit more spacious. Our group size of 6 seems to be the maximum that this restaurant could handle comfortably as it seemed the majority of the tables were those uncomfortable booth horseshoe tables.Special Features:
- First Time VisitorShazzyd72Dined on 9/27/2014Found out about Sage through a friend. Decided to eat there for 42nd birthday. Ambience was nice. Our table for 2 was located by a large party which I wasn't happy about. Our server was efficient and friendly but she didn't offer any menu recommendations seeing as it was our first time and she didn't ask if we wanted any dessert at the end of our meal. Our light on the table didn't work and we had to tell her about it. Overall, the food was great and the bar service was good. I really enjoyed my martini.Special Features:
- Great Service and Ambiance!MiMiDined on 9/27/2014The food was basic, nothing outstanding. Service from a young lady on her second day was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great foodNewleafDined on 9/26/2014Food was great. Service was a little slow and I didn't see the live music that was advertised on the website. For a date night, go early. If you're with your girls go after 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencefoodloversDined on 9/20/2014Five very old friends celebrating one's birthday. Service, food, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pac28VIPDined on 9/20/2014Had the special. Corovina (Costa Rican sea bass). It was excellent. Served with a Arugula pesto and farro. Hubby had the steak and really liked it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!CasadeEstradaDined on 9/16/2014Impeccable...everything!We took a company visitor there. He really enjoyed it and so did we! And the lamb shank was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014sea scallops are a go to dish, and as usual did not disappoint. ordered a series of appetizers as well, including the mussels. instead of traditional white wine garlic sauce, they were in a fabulous and slightly spicy red sauce. tuna tartare was good, not spectacular or as flavorful as some of the other dishes.Special Features:
- Will certainly be backATLPrincesDined on 9/13/2014We both decided to have the Sage seafood broil which was absolutely fabulous! Freshest seafood and delicious risotto. Service was outstanding. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exquisite Dining Experience!ATL2006Dined on 9/13/2014Literally stumbled upon this restaurant. Upon entering within SAGE's doors, the ambience immediately sets you into a positive mood. Attention given from the time you're immediately welcomed, while dining, upon leaving. Our service/server was amazing, kudos to the Chef who cares about food preparation & presentation, prices were outstanding based on food portion size (definitely needed take-home containers), extensive wine list & menu! Will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnLasttimeatSageDined on 9/12/2014So dark we could not see. Waiter confused our order then couldn't get the bill straight. My salmon dish was full of just grilled flavor but my wife and her friend were really disappointed. The bill with wine was under $300 for 4 of us which was in the range we expected... just didn't get our money's worth.
- Dining Perfection on a Friday NightNCVisitortoAtlantaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was superb-expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Ordered grilled rosemary shrimp with pancetta and sauteed PEI mussels in garlic/white wine as starters. Flavors were fresh, vibrant, delicious. Main courses were all creative with fantastic flavors. SAGE mixed seafood grill with Cajun blackened preparation came with fish filet, scallops, and shrimp along with an exquisite artichoke risotto. Grilled salmon entree prepared to perfection with another risotto was outstanding. Grilled chicken stuffed with goat cheese and with balsamic reduction was amazing just as it was when we dined here last Summer. Cowboy ribeye steak grilled expertly to medium rare. Service was flawless. Ask for Travis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine MealLtJonVIPDined on 9/3/2014I had my meal at the bar on a quiet Wednesday night. Well prepared food (I can speak for the Scallop Appetizer, Caesar Salad, 9oz filet w/ garlic mashed and asparagus) great service, overall a solid value. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I will go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantDebbieDined on 8/23/2014The only reason I didn't rate outstanding is because the restaurant is a bit pricey. But everything was great! Very beautiful place for special occasions, which it was my anniversary. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- great surprisedineoftenVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have passed by often and finally decided to dine at Sage The staff was very friendly. The service was great and attentive. Food was quite good and portion size was large. Very nice bar area. This is a great find. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowhotmess1Dined on 8/21/2014Miserable Night! Began with drinks in bar at a table, server not friendly at all. It was hot inside bar area, we asked if air conditioning could be turned down or is it not working, could not get a straight answer. We then moved on to dinner in main dining room hoping it would be cooler. Again, hot, uncomfortable. I understand A/C can go out....be honest, get fans to circulate air, at least acknowledge and say sorry! Food was below average, salty, over-cooked. Bad bar food with higher prices. Do not plan to return.
- Excellent service and foodbridesmaidDined on 8/19/2014Our waiter, Owen, was very knowledgeable and friendly. He provided great service. A friend and I had a very pleasant dining experience. Food was delicious and came out in good time following drinks and an appetizer. Our dessert was complimentary (we found out at the end of dinner) because it was our first time dining in the restaurant! I would definitely go back to Sage again.Special Features:
- Nice concept - execution missesGAProvinceDiningVIPDined on 8/16/2014Was very hopeful about this place - but woodfired cooking takes attention to detail to do it right. The waiter was extremely friendly but absent minded. Fresh figs wrapped in applewood bacon with arugala and gorganzola were a special. The bacon was way past crisp and the figs were reduced to mush. The jumbo shrimp (actually seemed to be 25-30 count) were killed. I had the Cowboy (bone-in ribeye) steak - also a special - and ordered rare. The 14 oz steak with bone was cut way too thin to ever go on a woodfire - 1/2" at best. To try and keep it rare they threw it on the fire and immediatelt took it off. Net result rare with absolutely no flavor and barely a grill mark. Haricot verts were great - as were the sweet potato steak fries.
- Excellent...Timothy57Dined on 8/2/2014From having drinks in the bar to dining in the restaurant, everybody and everything couldn't have been nicer. The ambiance was perfect, the food was excellent, and the service attentive and pleasant. Our server was Marissa and she was great. After mentioning that it was my girlfriend's birthday, chocolate martini's and cake and ice cream were brought to our table. I highly recommend and will absolutely return to Sage Woodfire Tavern.Special Features:
- The following 377 reviews are from the SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter reviews archive.
- luvtoeatDined on 8/2/2014This was a birthday family dinner and everything was perfect. Our table was ready and they seated us in a banquette so that it was easier to talk. We ordered mussels which were wonderful as was the meatloaf, stuffed chicken w/goat cheese and the pasta dish with lamb. Great portions but we had chowed down too much on the mussels and had to take leftovers home. Our server, Fatima, was especially friendly, helpful and spot on with service. Wanted to commend her on a wonderful experience, especially when she brought a surprise birthday crème brulee, yummy. Always love to come here for dinner. Wish you opened on Sunday!Special Features:
- Great food, tremendous erviceLocal92929Dined on 7/26/2014For a casual Saturday night dinner, Sage was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceLIfeIsGoodDined on 7/26/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and was for a first-date with a special lady. The large round booths are outstanding; the restaurant is not concerned about "cramming" as many tables into their floor space for mere profit. The food was sumptous, well prepared, great presentation and hot out of the kitchen. The service was superb from both the waiter and the food server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatserviceDined on 7/23/2014It was a great resturant and the waiter was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!NeenVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed dinner at Sage Woodfire Grill. We were seated at one of the booths, which was comfortable and quiet. The ubiquitous bread was fresh, and the oil, vinegar, cheese & seasonings were a much enjoyed change from the usual butter. Our salads and entrees were good quality, nicely presented and had good flavour (Caesar salads, ribeye steak, & ribs - which were VERY good). Our server, Owen, was great. Prices were very reasonable, especially when compared to similar restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We will definitely be back!
- Girl's Night outgegeDined on 7/18/2014When it comes to food, it is difficult to judge as taste is as varied as people. Personally, I do not like the food choices, nor the quality of the food served at Sage. I think it is NOT "haute cuisine" by any measure I can think of. But for simple choices, it can be ok. I must say that the server we had was OUTSTANDING, he was very patient and was the one reason why I would come back, as he tried his best to make our group welcome, comfortable yet was able to stay non-intrusive. On the other hand, two of the people on our group seem to love Sage and selected as a dinner choice often. Therefore, I can only say that you must judge yourself. The bar is very nice, and for a date, it is a great place to start the evening.Special Features: