SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter
4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30346Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sagewoodfiretavern.com/
- Phone: 7708048880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tony Itzie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: LIVE SAMBA MUSIC
Tuesday thru Saturday, show begins at 6pm
ATLANTA’S HOTTEST HAPPY HOUR
Monday thru Friday 4pm-7pm
Complimentary Tavern Hors d'oeuvres
An assortment of over 2 dozen small plates $3 - $7
Available in our Bar / Lounge and Courtyard Patio
All top shelf Martinis including Grey Goose,
Ketel One, Van Gogh, Tanqueray, Beefeater,
High Vodka, Purity Vodka or Chopin
Martinis $5 all day
2oz. Wine Tasters of your choice $2 each all day
IMPORT & DOMESTIC WEDNESDAYS
$3 Import Drafts and $2 Domestic Drafts all day
FRIDAY NIGHT DRINK FEATURE
Starting at $5
LADIES NIGHT – FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Ladies join us for a DANCE PARTY at Sage Perimeter
Enjoy our Bar / Lounge and Courtyard Patio
DJ playing all your favorites 10pm-2am
A word from SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter
Sage Perimeter offers a city chic yet casual atmosphere featuring contemporary American cuisine with global influences. We offer market fresh fish, seafood, hand-cut steaks, chops, gourmet salads, chicken, pastas and burgers all prepared over our live hickory oak woodfire grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (31)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delish as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014sea scallops are a go to dish, and as usual did not disappoint. ordered a series of appetizers as well, including the mussels. instead of traditional white wine garlic sauce, they were in a fabulous and slightly spicy red sauce. tuna tartare was good, not spectacular or as flavorful as some of the other dishes.Special Features:
- Will certainly be backATLPrincesDined on 9/13/2014We both decided to have the Sage seafood broil which was absolutely fabulous! Freshest seafood and delicious risotto. Service was outstanding. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exquisite Dining Experience!ATL2006Dined on 9/13/2014Literally stumbled upon this restaurant. Upon entering within SAGE's doors, the ambience immediately sets you into a positive mood. Attention given from the time you're immediately welcomed, while dining, upon leaving. Our service/server was amazing, kudos to the Chef who cares about food preparation & presentation, prices were outstanding based on food portion size (definitely needed take-home containers), extensive wine list & menu! Will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnLasttimeatSageDined on 9/12/2014So dark we could not see. Waiter confused our order then couldn't get the bill straight. My salmon dish was full of just grilled flavor but my wife and her friend were really disappointed. The bill with wine was under $300 for 4 of us which was in the range we expected... just didn't get our money's worth.
- Dining Perfection on a Friday NightNCVisitortoAtlantaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was superb-expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Ordered grilled rosemary shrimp with pancetta and sauteed PEI mussels in garlic/white wine as starters. Flavors were fresh, vibrant, delicious. Main courses were all creative with fantastic flavors. SAGE mixed seafood grill with Cajun blackened preparation came with fish filet, scallops, and shrimp along with an exquisite artichoke risotto. Grilled salmon entree prepared to perfection with another risotto was outstanding. Grilled chicken stuffed with goat cheese and with balsamic reduction was amazing just as it was when we dined here last Summer. Cowboy ribeye steak grilled expertly to medium rare. Service was flawless. Ask for Travis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine MealLtJonVIPDined on 9/3/2014I had my meal at the bar on a quiet Wednesday night. Well prepared food (I can speak for the Scallop Appetizer, Caesar Salad, 9oz filet w/ garlic mashed and asparagus) great service, overall a solid value. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I will go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantDebbieDined on 8/23/2014The only reason I didn't rate outstanding is because the restaurant is a bit pricey. But everything was great! Very beautiful place for special occasions, which it was my anniversary. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- great surprisedineoftenVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have passed by often and finally decided to dine at Sage The staff was very friendly. The service was great and attentive. Food was quite good and portion size was large. Very nice bar area. This is a great find. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- see belowhotmess1Dined on 8/21/2014Miserable Night! Began with drinks in bar at a table, server not friendly at all. It was hot inside bar area, we asked if air conditioning could be turned down or is it not working, could not get a straight answer. We then moved on to dinner in main dining room hoping it would be cooler. Again, hot, uncomfortable. I understand A/C can go out....be honest, get fans to circulate air, at least acknowledge and say sorry! Food was below average, salty, over-cooked. Bad bar food with higher prices. Do not plan to return.
- Excellent service and foodbridesmaidDined on 8/19/2014Our waiter, Owen, was very knowledgeable and friendly. He provided great service. A friend and I had a very pleasant dining experience. Food was delicious and came out in good time following drinks and an appetizer. Our dessert was complimentary (we found out at the end of dinner) because it was our first time dining in the restaurant! I would definitely go back to Sage again.Special Features:
- Nice concept - execution missesGAProvinceDiningDined on 8/16/2014Was very hopeful about this place - but woodfired cooking takes attention to detail to do it right. The waiter was extremely friendly but absent minded. Fresh figs wrapped in applewood bacon with arugala and gorganzola were a special. The bacon was way past crisp and the figs were reduced to mush. The jumbo shrimp (actually seemed to be 25-30 count) were killed. I had the Cowboy (bone-in ribeye) steak - also a special - and ordered rare. The 14 oz steak with bone was cut way too thin to ever go on a woodfire - 1/2" at best. To try and keep it rare they threw it on the fire and immediatelt took it off. Net result rare with absolutely no flavor and barely a grill mark. Haricot verts were great - as were the sweet potato steak fries.
- Excellent...Timothy57Dined on 8/2/2014From having drinks in the bar to dining in the restaurant, everybody and everything couldn't have been nicer. The ambiance was perfect, the food was excellent, and the service attentive and pleasant. Our server was Marissa and she was great. After mentioning that it was my girlfriend's birthday, chocolate martini's and cake and ice cream were brought to our table. I highly recommend and will absolutely return to Sage Woodfire Tavern.Special Features:
- luvtoeatDined on 8/2/2014This was a birthday family dinner and everything was perfect. Our table was ready and they seated us in a banquette so that it was easier to talk. We ordered mussels which were wonderful as was the meatloaf, stuffed chicken w/goat cheese and the pasta dish with lamb. Great portions but we had chowed down too much on the mussels and had to take leftovers home. Our server, Fatima, was especially friendly, helpful and spot on with service. Wanted to commend her on a wonderful experience, especially when she brought a surprise birthday crème brulee, yummy. Always love to come here for dinner. Wish you opened on Sunday!Special Features:
- Great food, tremendous erviceLocal92929Dined on 7/26/2014For a casual Saturday night dinner, Sage was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceLIfeIsGoodDined on 7/26/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and was for a first-date with a special lady. The large round booths are outstanding; the restaurant is not concerned about "cramming" as many tables into their floor space for mere profit. The food was sumptous, well prepared, great presentation and hot out of the kitchen. The service was superb from both the waiter and the food server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatserviceDined on 7/23/2014It was a great resturant and the waiter was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!NeenVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed dinner at Sage Woodfire Grill. We were seated at one of the booths, which was comfortable and quiet. The ubiquitous bread was fresh, and the oil, vinegar, cheese & seasonings were a much enjoyed change from the usual butter. Our salads and entrees were good quality, nicely presented and had good flavour (Caesar salads, ribeye steak, & ribs - which were VERY good). Our server, Owen, was great. Prices were very reasonable, especially when compared to similar restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We will definitely be back!
- Girl's Night outgegeDined on 7/18/2014When it comes to food, it is difficult to judge as taste is as varied as people. Personally, I do not like the food choices, nor the quality of the food served at Sage. I think it is NOT "haute cuisine" by any measure I can think of. But for simple choices, it can be ok. I must say that the server we had was OUTSTANDING, he was very patient and was the one reason why I would come back, as he tried his best to make our group welcome, comfortable yet was able to stay non-intrusive. On the other hand, two of the people on our group seem to love Sage and selected as a dinner choice often. Therefore, I can only say that you must judge yourself. The bar is very nice, and for a date, it is a great place to start the evening.Special Features:
- Creative menu, lovely ambianceCarotoppDined on 7/18/2014My first visit to Sage. Upon entering I was a bit surprised at the very low, romantic type lighting at lunch. It was a very pleasant experience. We were seated immediately at a lovely booth. The menu was exciting; there were lots of choices of interesting dishes. I decided on a green salad with grilled salmon. It was very good. The bread in a basket was warm & delicious. My friend had a scallops appetizer (3 large scallops) and a huge wedge salad. She took half home!The prices were reasonable except for $2.55 for ice tea & $2.55 for coffee!! It seems a bit much...Our server was attentive & available with refills for our drinks.Special Features:
- NEVER again!JudyDined on 7/5/2014Well, Sage, Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter is totally off my list of 'do again' restaurants!! Food, poorly made - Fillet was a piece of meat - potatoes (many to make up for poor everything else?) was raw, hard - made a day before-taste! Oh no this is NOT good - Should not be on Opentable!!
- Great for lunchGapeachDined on 6/30/2014Perfect shrimp salad and perfect for a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingfoodISlifeDined on 6/28/2014I always have a great time at Sage. Although the chatter from the patrons is a bit louder than I prefer, the ambiance music is able to rise over the din. The complimentary crème brûlée for my boyfriend's birthday was amazing. It was even great that the manager agreed to honour a coupon I received in an email for a complimentary appetizer that I hadn't been able to print beforehand by forwarding the email to management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the BestGourmetettesVIPDined on 6/28/2014We finally tried this restaurant for Dunwoody Restaurant Week, and were very pleased. We started with the house salad and our waiter (Jeffrey) hand mixed both of our salads to our different specifications. Our next dish that we shared, lightly breaded calamari, was perfect. My husband liked the bruschetta, but I did not (too many olives). We also shared our entrees, the mixed broiled seafood and salmon, which were delicious; and we had enough leftovers to take home. Jeffrey, our waiter, there only on his second day, was outstanding. He was very personable and knowledgeable about the food and wine. The wine list was small, but the bottles were nicely priced. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night placeluv2dineDined on 6/27/2014This is close to my office so my husband picked me from work. And I made a reservations here to have dinner and enjoy some quite time before driving back to Cobb Co. for home. We really enjoyed it very much. The menu prices are a little pricy but the food and service was excellent. Maybe on our next visit we will sit in the bar/lounge area and listen to some live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Ball!!!!Tasha731Dined on 6/21/2014It it was my first time and I had a blast and I'm coming back real soon. I loved everything about it. I give them two thumbs up!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeVIPDined on 6/21/2014had grilled seafood platter....scallops and flounder excellent,but shrimp were small,dry and tough..I was not pleasedSpecial Features:
- Nice PlaceRaceFanDined on 6/14/2014Goat cheese stuffed chicken was really good. The grilled seafood platter was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Excellent Happy HourSirBrianVIPDined on 6/6/2014I came in for the happy hour special, and also ate dinner. The martinis are very good. The service was good. We had a New York Strip and Asparagus which were both superb. Just about all of their food is very tasty. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsandyspringsgalVIPDined on 6/5/2014I expected more than was there. High prices for what it was, noisey, inexperienced servers, dark and dreary.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsDinnerwithfriends62Dined on 5/31/2014This was our first time eating at Sage. My husband had the ribs and they were good but not great and I ordered the filet. It was a little too peppery for my taste but overall the food was good and the waiter was wonderful. Very attentive.........Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014It is a chain restaurant with gourmet restaurant price. The food was boring and flat. No worth it at all.
- Great food great atmosphereSavvyDinerDined on 5/30/2014Me and two of my friends went here for one of our girls night the ambience was wonderful and the food was great. I would definitely recommend this place for a romantic dinner because te lighting is so dim but it was good for me and my girls as well.Special Features:
- Well placed neighborhood restaurantCliffDined on 5/29/2014Great location, great food. Just right! Hostess very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 356 reviews are from the SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Perimeter reviews archive.
- Delicious!CurlyjoDined on 5/27/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary. The service was fast, friendly and knowledgable. The food was absolutely delicious. I got the goat cheese stuffed chicken and he got the strip. We were both very happy with our choices. Rosemary shrimp for an appetizer was amazing.Special Features:
- Great food/the service was offOUTSTANDINGVIPDined on 5/15/2014Our server kind of ignored us. I won't consider that to be indicative of the restaurant and it's management. The food is impeccable and the atmosphere was nice. The manager stopped to chat and invited us to check out a late night for dancing one night. I promise to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!DVilleFoodie4SeafoodDined on 5/14/2014Excellent service, delicious appetizers, and we couldn't eat all of our entrees. It was our first dining experience at Sage and we had no info to go on for the exception of the menu online. It was a fabulous find on a rainy day. Our server was being interrupted by another patron but she was respectful yet attentive to us. The atmosphere was relaxed yet sophisticated. The rosemary shrimp was excellent, and my husband LOVED his ribs. I tried the Lamb Ragu w/ pasta and that was the best lamb I'd ever tasted. I recommend you give it a try and go back again! We may meet you there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Mother's DayTheCentenoDined on 5/11/2014Sage has wonderful servers and amazing food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- The 2nd time aroundReunitedDined on 5/10/2014I recently visited WFG Perimeter, it was my 2nd visit and I love the atmosphere as well as the food. The young man who was my server did a great job. He was very attentive but not over bearing (gave us room). Music is hot great mix of everything (kind of find your foot tapping or humming) all around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's NightSarahDined on 5/9/2014Reservation for 5 for our monthly girl's night out Friday. When we arrived we determined that we would rather sit in the bar, found a great round booth. The hostess was able to transfer our reservation which was a great way to start off the night. We chose to order from the tapas menu and ordered several rounds including the shrimp, calamari, home made chips with blue cheese sauce, Mediterranean bruschetta, and several others. The only item we ordered that was not well received by all of the ladies was the zucchini: way too much breading. We also split dessert. I believe this will be added to our regular rotation for girl's night.Special Features:
- 2nd Time Around!luv2eatDined on 5/5/2014My husband originally had taken me on my birthday which was on a Monday night...........$5 martini night!!!! He had ordered the "special" for that night/week and i'd ordered the lobster tails w/ mashed potato & sauteed spinach! It was so amazing that we made our way around for the same dish 2nd time around!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.