SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Alpharetta
11405 Haynes Bridge Rd.
Alpharetta, GA 30009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Alpharetta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sagewoodfiretavern.com/
- Phone: 7705699199
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
LIVE SAMBA JAZZ
Wednesday thru Saturday, show begins at 6pm
ALPHARETTA'S HOTTEST HAPPY HOUR
Monday thru Friday 4pm-7pm
Complimentary Tavern Hors d'oeuvres
An assortment of over 2 dozen small plates $3 - $7
Available in our Bar / Lounge
All top shelf Martinis including Grey Goose,
Ketel One, Van Gogh, Tanqueray, Beefeater,
High Vodka, Purity Vodka or Chopin
Martinis $5 all day long
2oz. Wine Tasters of your choice $2 each all day
IMPORT & DOMESTIC WEDNESDAYS
$3 Import Drafts and $2 Domestic Drafts all day
THURSDAY LADIES NIGHT
Ladies join us for a DANCE PARTY at Sage Alpharetta
1/2 price appetizers for the ladies 4pm-10:30pm
DJ playing all your favorites 10pm-2am
FRIDAY NIGHT DRINK FEATURE
Starting at $5
A word from SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Alpharetta
Sage Alpharetta offers a city chic yet casual atmosphere featuring contemporary American cuisine with global influences. We offer Market Fresh Fish, Seafood, Hand-Cut Steaks, Chops, Gourmet Salads, Chicken, Pastas and Burgers all prepared over our live hickory oak woodfire grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Alpharetta - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Alpharetta reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)good for groups (19)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful Food & AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Our group really enjoyed this dining experience. We needed a seating earlier than our reservation, and being early in the day, the staff was able to have a great table for us when we arrived. The menu had lots to choose from, and every dish was excellent. The wait staff was very helpful, and the service was great. It was our best dinner dining experience in Alpharetta for the 5 years we have been coming to this town for special family events. In summary, great food, good ambience, and find staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch spotfrequentdiner51VIPDined on 9/26/2014Sage is a lovely restaurant with a charming ambiance. The service is always very accommodating and they pay special attention to birthdays and other occasions. You can make reservations for lunch and they have booths to seat six which makes it fun for a big group.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014The reservation at Sage was for a birthday celebration, and due to a wonderful staff, and very attentive waiter we had a wonderful experience. Would definitely come again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent experiencehanifenmvDined on 9/12/2014We took some friends to Sage on Friday night and once again found the food to be beautifully prepared. We like the varied menu and appreciate the the three or four special entree items that change seasonally. We had the seafood broil, lamb shank, and filets and all were excellent. Our waiters were attentive and had excellent knowledge of the food and drink. Also, on weekends their is live music. We had a very nice classical guitar player in the bar. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckyDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food and Nick is a wonderful, attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Dinner at SagermkatyDined on 9/5/2014Sat night dinner was great. Excellent service and great food. Filet I had was perfect and everyone's entree was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy lunch placefrequentdiner51VIPDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is very nice inside. The food is varied and very good. They offer many options as a side dish. The salmon BLT, and soup of the day were outstanding. The waiter was friendly but in a big hurry to finish with us even though we were not in a rush at all.Special Features:
- Overall great experienceLovefabulousdiningDined on 8/27/2014Service was excellent, food was delicious and atmosphere was relaxing but fun! Had live jazz soloist in the bar area that you could slightly hear in the restaurant. Waitress was attentive but not overwhelming. Food was great but my only compliant would be the online menu was not up to date significantly so the dish I went there for was not available which was disappointing.Special Features:
- Consistent ExcellenceDiscoDaveDined on 8/15/2014Sage is an excellent restaurant that has been part of the Alpharetta scene for around 12 years. The quality of food and the service has always been consistently high. Last Friday night I celebrated the birthdays of two friends at the Sage. We ordered a Bruschetta appetizer and main courses of Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Parmesan Crusted Free Range Chicken Breast, and a Chef's Special humongous 16 ounce Pork Chop. The food, service, and the drinks, including Cosmopolitans for the birthday girls and Layer Cake Shiraz for the big spender, equaled an outstanding evening. I didn't find that the bill was particularly pricey, especially considering the quality of the food and the outstanding service. Keep it up!Special Features:
- DisappointedLem2Dined on 8/9/2014SAGE is a classy-looking place with prices to match; not exorbitant but higher than we were expecting. We didn't go for the high end steaks and such, so maybe that's why, but our dinners were mediocre. For some reason they take away the bread plates before your entree arrives, so I guess you're not supposed to have bread after that. Overall, we were disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great MeallcutterDined on 8/9/2014As always, we had a delicious meal at Sage. Service was poor, server even admitted it mid way thru but even with that, she didn't improve. Spoke with the manager and he was very sympathetic. We will definitely return. We love the chicken stuffed with goat cheese and the chocolate molten cake.Special Features:
- PeteVIPDined on 8/7/2014My group of 6 had a very nice lunch and a good meeting. The noise level at lunch was almost non existentSpecial Features:
- Terrible experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014We went to this restaurant before the James Taylor concert (party of 6). We arrived at 6:15. At 7:20 I still only had a glass of water. The waiter finally comes over and says that he is going to be honest...the food was not coming out. We left after an hour and 15 minutes with no food. The manager never even stopped at the table. We eat at restaurants several night a week and you may encounter some small issues but this was ridiculous! Will never go back or recommend.
- Unbelievably bad experienceScottyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I normally don't write reviews but felt I had to this time so Sage will fix their problems for the future. Had enjoyed Sage several times in the past but no longer after a failed attempt to have dinner prior to the James Taylor concert ... a dinner we never had. Although our table of 6 were seated 2.5 hours before concert, told our server about our time limitation, and ordered everything (drinks, appetizers and entrees) at once, only our drinks (45 mins later) and 1/2 our appetizers (90 mins later) ever arrived- forget the entrees. Talked several times to the server, asked 3 times to speak with the manager but to no avail. Tipped the server (assuming it wasn't her fault) and walked out. Come on Sage, you can do better than this!
- Hour-long waitZachDined on 8/1/2014This was our Friday date night. I had the seafood broil and my wife had the petite filet. She is not a fish fan so when her broccoli showed up tasting like fish that was not cool. The broil was quite good but mainly due to the cream sauce. Huge fan of the risotto. Biggest disappointment - the hour long wait that we had to endure to eat - without even a hint of an apology from the server. This tells me that waiting is the norm. The food is good but NOT WORTH AN HOUR TO WAIT FOR. Our sever however (Tracy) was fantastic and very polite. Nice ambiance but I won't return. Not for the price we paid for food.Special Features:
- Special dinnerMillieLDined on 7/26/2014Husband and I went to celebrate a special event. We were seated at a table instead of booth, service was good but very slow. When good came my veggies were cold and seemed over cooked. Brought a replacement that was not not really any hotter. Would rather come for drink and appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateMurmelDined on 7/26/2014Better than a chain. Better than other choices nearby... Where Cheesecake Factory and the like are the norm... But otherwise unremarkable. Not fine dining. But adequate food quantity served very well and professionallySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreMickeyDined on 7/25/2014Food was ok. Thought it was over priced! Night life was nominal. Service was mediocre. Food was good.
- NaturalDined on 7/16/2014Great place for a date or family time. The atmosphere is just perfect and staff are friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/14/2014great meal and great service. recommend this place highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!MCalestineDined on 7/12/2014Food was delicious, perfect place for a special occasion. The violin player was outstanding!Special Features:
- Perfect celebration locationfoodieluvDined on 6/28/2014Pricey but completely worth it for the ambiance and the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicePeterBDined on 6/20/2014Good food, great service, friendly staff. Whats not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sirlion everHortonDined on 6/19/2014We ate their for lunch for my daughters birthday. I have eaten Sirloin before but it was so tender I thought I had a filet. Wonderful food and atmospher . A must visit place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening MealMeandMyBrideVIPDined on 6/14/2014We are regulars at the Northpoint Diner owned by the same group. We have wanted to a try Sage for a couple of years now. We reserve 5 star ratings for over the top experiences, but Sage is a solid 4 plus in all areas. We had limited time, so skipped starters and dessert. Not a problem, since the food was very good with nice sized portions like we are served at the Diner. Service and decor are nice. It was very convenient to our concert at the Verizon Amphitheater. We will return again on a concert night.Special Features:
- The following 385 reviews are from the SAGE Woodfire Tavern - Alpharetta reviews archive.
- Great FindMamikeDined on 5/31/2014Had a wonderful meal with good friends. Sage is a great place for good food , great drinks and has a very good wine list.The atmosphere is very cozy and classy.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerrmkatyDined on 5/31/2014Food was great and service was excellent. We were there fairly early at 6 PM and it was very quiet. they had live music that was starting as we left the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice VisitDilbert45Dined on 5/21/2014I've been to Sage a few times, despite some of the negative reviews, I've yet to experience anything but prompt friendly service and real good food at reasonable prices. Great wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CustomerCatupDined on 5/17/2014There was a gigantic rip in the leather booth where we were seated. This is inexcusable. The server graciously agree to relocate our party of 4 but we reluctantly declined since it was a special celebration and we were enjoying appetizers. Since it only impacted me and my special occasion dress. However, it was annoying.Special Features:
- Mother's Day 2014HorriblescamVIPDined on 5/11/2014We arrived to a changed special menu for Mother's Day. They took off the low priced items ie. the burger or meatloaf and increased all prices by $3-$5 for the same items. The old menu was behind the special mothers day menu. I have teens who only like the burger. I server was rude and was hard looking. Nothing you would expect for $40 a per dinner. We will never be back.
- Impressive but not Kid-FriendlyAlpharettaFoodyDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant had the perfect atmosphere for our Mother's Day lunch, the food was great, the waiter was excellent and the space was roomy for our large group. The only downside is it's not kid-friendly; there were no bathroom changing tables or kid menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was Great.....UntilMothersDay2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our Mother's Day experience was really great especially the Food and Excellent Service. Unfortunately is was all sub-optimized when my iPhone was stolen after I briefly left it in the rest room. What a major damper to an otherwise really nice day/experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not kid friendlyButyDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food. Went for mother's day thinking it would be good for kids too but a little too nice for that! Good place for adults in the evening though.Special Features:
- Bad choiceUghhDined on 5/11/2014Sage was a HUGE disappointment. They were completely unprepared for the day. Very unprofessional. Brunch menu was uninspired and boring. No mimosas? No butter or jelly for biscuits. Staff was confused and unprepared. It felt like we were eating at a restaurant that was open on their first night. Amateurs. I should have taken heed when I got an email the day before that the menu had changed.
- Great Dininggoodeats1Dined on 5/10/2014We had not been to Sage for four years but have always gone there in the past for special occasions which we did the time for our anniversary and were not disappointed. The quality of the food is still great and we would recommend the restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- Food Great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014The lighting was so low numerous guests were using cell phones to read menus. Sound system went nuts with high pitched noise for a few minutes. Then violin music began at a very loud level. Asked several times for it to be lowered. Food was excellent. Service was a little slow to start but improved. Wait staff got the order wrong (they don't write anything down) but corrected it quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDebbieGVIPDined on 5/9/2014Chef's special that night was iron steak which was surprisingly tender. I' glad I tried it but would probably order a filet next time. Appetizers are always a favorite and we have made a meal of them before. The scallops were perfectly cooked and a nice complement to the meal. Try everything!Special Features:
- good food bad serverEllenVIPDined on 5/6/2014food for our table of 3 was great. our server, not good. She was never there when we needed her and lunch took longer than our schedules allowed. Also the server reached directly across my FACE more than once! She nearly got her sleve in my food. I will go back, BUT I will SPECIFICALLY as to NOT have this particular server.Special Features:
- Wonderful!kaseyshoppingDined on 4/26/2014We came to ATL to get away for the weekend and have some awesome food adventures. Sage did not disappoint with that tall order! Ralph, our sever was fantastic! He had a great wine recommendation and was very knowledgeable about the menu. Our meals were cooked perfectly and everything was delicious. The only regret I have is that we both ordered salads before our meal and they were so large that I was full before our entrées arrived. Ralph suggested the dessert special, raspberry cheesecake. I'm not a cheesecake fan but my husband is, so we got a piece to go. It smelled so amazing that I tried a bite and proceeded to eat the whole thing! This restaurant is worth the 4 hour drive just to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for first dateluv2bloomDined on 4/22/2014I had a first date with a friend that we have chatted for 2 years.staff made experience great.they were engaging and started great conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.