Sage Steakhouse - Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel
794 Lucky Eagle Drive
Eagle Pass, TX 78852Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Sage Steakhouse - Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyeagletexas.com/dining/sage-steakhouse/
- Phone: 8307524838
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Nackers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Entertainment: With 24-hour gaming excitement in a first-class facility, it’s all within easy reach of both the Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio.
Experience our exciting gaming action with over 1,800 electronic gaming machines, the anticipation of fast-paced Texas Hold ’Em poker, live bingo and much more!
A word from Sage Steakhouse - Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel
The new Sage Steakhouse provides its guests with the quality and attention you deserve. Our Executive Chef sources only the top 3% of Certified Angus Beef offering our guests an uncompromising dedication to quality. Our culinary team provides a menu combining contemporary plating with mouth watering naturally great tasting beef, sides and the freshest seafood around. To season to perfection we use Himalayan Primordial Ocean Salt milled to naturally entice the flavors of our menu. Our Pastry Chef will entice you with an assortment of scratched baked desserts from our Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie to our signature Lemon Crumble Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sage Steakhouse - Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel - Best Restaurants in Eagle Pass ›
Sage Steakhouse - Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (6)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- gepetoDined on 9/13/2014Excellent choice for a casino. Excellent steaks 14oz rib eye (med. rare) cooked to perfection and very tender. 2 great sides with each steak. I also recommend the French onion soup. Wonder breads. If you are at he Kickapoo or Eagle Pass don't pass it up.Special Features:
- Great Dinner DecisionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014I read mixed reviews about this restaurant and my husband and I decided to give it a try. The food and service were excellent. We ordered the special, 36-40 ounce Tomahawk Ribeye Steak and it was excellent. One of the best steaks my husband and I have had in a long time. It was cooked perfect-juicy, tender and the best flavor. Our waitress Jessica was excellent. She was professional, knowledable; she always had a smile on her face. Our sides were the green chili augartin potatoes and asparagus. The bread served before dinner and flavored butters were very good. I had the French onion soup. It was good but had a little too much garlic for me. My husband had a French pressed coffee that is roasted at the restaurant and he raved about it.Special Features:
- Strike ThreeDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014This was our fourth visit. On our first visit the food was pretty good. After that, it all went down. The more expensive the item, the more bland it is. This last visit the food was flavorless and a big disappointment. Overpriced bad food. You are better off eating at the Sportsbar. Never again. SORRY SAGE.
- Lonely dinnerBillthecatDined on 8/24/2014Ate by myself on a Sunday evening around nine. Had a forgettable martini from the casino bar. After that, everything went up. Way up. Bread selections and gourmet butter were delicious temptresses. My rib-eye was a perfect medium rare, delicious and juicy. The asparagus and broccolini sides were great. Ran out of room, had to take some home, and had to skip dessert. Waiter was quick and non-intrusive - perfect! I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuJuDined on 8/24/2014I took my wife for first time to dine at this resturant, for her birthday, the ambiance was great, but the food was fantastic, service was also great, we will come again, we were very satisfied with everything, I highly recomend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant ReviewLgjcDined on 8/8/2014Awesome food and great atmosphere!!!! Celebrated our anniversary!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UP DiningangelDined on 7/5/2014Totally satisfied with the service, food and overall experience. Also love the decor and ambience. It was done RIGHT. Definitely excited to know there is now a high-end restaurant to have a wonderful meal. We plan to return very soon so we hope you will continue to keep the doors open and NEVER CLOSE. And give our thanks to the chef for the excellent food choices and the very tasty foods. I can honestly say that LUCKY EAGLE is the place to be (top notch hotel and now Steakhouse). Our congratulations to your organization and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soSteakloversDined on 7/4/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant and we expected more. We were disappointed in wine options. We would have bought a better bottle, but we could not cork it and take it to our room. Steaks were just okay.
- Sage to stayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014It was a pleasantly surprising dining experience. Decor presentation and service not normal for the region. Well doneI would recommend this to a friend.
- Tahna KNewGirlDined on 6/28/2014Great "Fine Dining" in Eagle Pass, Texas. This time we feasted on several appetizers (in order to have now eaten all of them) and only ordered one dinner. They were all delicious and a great experience for the taste buds here in this small town. Too mch wine, fresh bread and gourmet butter all contributed to one main course meal and no desert this time....Special Features:
- Very disappointingConsultantDined on 6/26/2014I was very disappointed with the menu selection and the food. It was my husbands birthday and he enjoyed his steak and the sides, creamed spinach and the potatoes. I had the scallops with angel hair pasta and it was very salty but bland. The scallops were overcooked. They didn't even ask how he wanted his steak. The servers were very inexperienced but very cordial. Our server even brought out a birthday candle in a dessert. That was unexpected but nice. I hate having to tell something bad about a place but I think a lot of the problems can be corrected. The menu needs to be revamped and the servers need help.Special Features:
- WOW!!!!FINEGROUP1Dined on 6/21/2014FROM READING THE REVIEWS WE TOOK A CHANCE ON THIS RESTAURANT. THEY WERE SO TRUE!! IT WAS OUTSTANDING!! THE BREAD WITH THE COMPOUND BUTTERS WERE A SPECIAL TREAT! THE CALAMARI WERE GREAT! WE HAD THE RIBEYE'S- AMAZING!!!! I NEVER EAT STEAK AT A RESTAURANT.. BUT I'M GLAD I DID AT THIS ONE!! THE SIDES WERE GREAT ALSO - THE BROCOLLINI, CREAMED SPINACH, GARLIC SMASHERS- WE AT EVERY MORSEL.. NONE WAS LEFT AT ALL!!!!! WE LOST AT THE CASINO...BUT WE WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO RETURNING TO THE SAGE !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Had a wonderful meal with my Husband Richard and Daughter Roxie.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, butNoChimiforMEDined on 6/12/2014The place is very nice to have a great dinner with friends or loved ones. We have been there before and will still enjoy coming back. My friends had the salmon, the chorizo shrimp and the scallops which they loved. I had the chimichanga and it was ehh....It wasn't bad; but it wasn't great. I have had their three meat tacos and they were delicious; I guess next time I will go back to that. Overall Good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Sage Steakhouse - Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel reviews archive.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Is a is great. We love the ribeye with garlic smashers and cream corn! Fabulous. We go there every time we visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadLawrenceDined on 3/20/2014Food was well prepared. Had to use cell phone flashlight app to read the menu. We were under the impression that the facility was a work in progress. The prices were a bit high compared to equivalent casino restaurants.Special Features:
- OutrageousjbwoodDined on 3/20/2014From the minute we stepped in the restaurant it was amazing, the decor was fabulous and the lighting was so romantic. The bread was unbelievable, 4 different kinds and 2 kinds of butter, one which was a sun dried tomato and the other was a brown sugar and honey, are you serious. Then came these amazing appetizers that are almost too much to describe, the jumbo were very jumbo and my husband loved the fried avocados. My favorite was the Kobe beef sliders with 3 different sauces and the skinny fries that came with black cherry ketchup, really? Then I'll leave the main course a surprise because I'm pretty sure I do t have enough time to talk about it but whoever is going to visit this restaurant go hungry and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingLackingDined on 3/17/2014Food was so-so, generally unappetizing. Prices far exceeded the quality of the food (and your little hotel snack areas had terrible food). Was not pleased at all with the hotel food.
- Great food!EbonDined on 3/13/2014Have eaten here twice. Had steak both times. Both eating experiences were very good. Steaks were perfectly cooked and tender and flavorful. The creamed spinach and the asparagus were awesome. Not expecting this experience in a fairly new Eagle Pass hotel and casino. Great job to the chef and manager.Special Features:
- The experience was unique,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The experience was unique, it looked like we were in another city, ambient jazz music surprised us, the dishes must have selected Dining chef prepare some because it looked like molecular cuisine Ferran Adria. The care was excellent without being overstated. Definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST TIME SAGE CUSTOMERSDiningQueen14Dined on 2/15/2014The ambiance and set up of Sage is comparable to most of Open Table sponsored sites. However, the staff although very sweet, were literally "running" to get things done. They need not rush as a place such as this warrants quiet, elegant tones and gestures. The menu items were not delivered as described...i.e. an 8 oz lobster tail was actually 2 tails of 4 oz each. The plating of food also left quite a bit to be desired. Plates were too small for the main entree. All in all, it lacks an air of sophistication from the wait staff and delivery of the meal hence the customer's dining experience resulting in not much more than a "chain restaurant" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We didn't know what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised! We had steak with asparagus and garlic smashed potatoes. The steak melted in your mouth the asparagus was tender but not too much and potatoes tasted great. The bread was to die for! We had a Merlot that was perfect. The meal really made the day special. Thank you for the great food and great friendly service.Special Features:
- Special dinnerGamblerDined on 1/12/2014I took my family to celebrate my son's birthday. Most of our party ordered the petite steak. They were properly cooked and were delicious and tender. Before that we shared some salads because they are enough for two. The chicken with coconut peanut sauce was superb. The wine list is not extensive but adequate, but the desserts were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years everunnerDined on 12/31/2013Our dinner was delicious! I am a light eater so I just ordered the Napa salad and shared the calamari- they were both fantastic! our waiter was very attentive and so delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but needs menu changesJulieDined on 12/31/2013We went for supper and were disappointed that the steaks did not come with a salad side. Had to order a blue cheese wedge salad for $7.00+ which was bigger than what we needed . I thought the 7 oz filet was a little overpriced but was perfectly seasoned and tasted outstanding. The 4 - bread sampler was a great idea. I thought the cream corn as a side was not the best choice and the broccoli was over cooked. The steak and pomme fritz were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ImprovementsKickapoojunkieDined on 12/6/2013The filet mignon is exceptional. Pleasantly surprised. Reasonably priced!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome niteRosecandleDined on 12/6/2013Celebrated two wonderful occasions that wonderful night. We all were very impressed with the service and the food. Oh my goodness the food was exceptional, out of this world, the chef did an outstanding job. It felt like we were in one of those five star restaurants in a big city, that is how wonderful the ambiance was. The only down side was the lighting, but other than that everything else was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome high end restaurant!RoxannaDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant was amazing. We ordered a rib eye steak, the scallops, the quail and the Salmon and all were delicious. The steak was exceptional!! I'm really glad to see a high end restaurant in Eagle Pass. It was much needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sage Steakhouse inside the CasinoGriffCatDined on 10/19/2013Was worried at first, because you don't think of good cuisine and eagle pass in the same sentence. But to my amazement, this was a very good meal and dinner we had. I had the crab bisque and shrimp cachampas. Both excellent. There was also some steaks ordered that were cooked well and tasted great. Not too expensive but not cheap by any means. We finished the evening off with a sopapilla cheesecake and coffee. Well done Sage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eagle pass now has a qualityDonaldDined on 10/5/2013Eagle pass now has a quality restaurant as good a steakhouse I have eaten at.Special Features:
- 2nd tripHard8Dined on 10/5/2013Everything was very good, Awesome dinning experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RIB-EYE STEAK FOR MEJOHNDOMINGUEZDined on 9/28/2013GREAT RIB-EYE STEAK FOR ME AND MY FIANCE AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING. THANK YOU !!Special Features:
- Sage, Just opened. Was a veryCBjrDined on 9/28/2013Sage, Just opened. Was a very pleasant experience and will return. Located in the Lucky Eagle Casino. Very nice ambience and service was good. Steaks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Ladies Weekend OutCasinoVisitDined on 9/27/2013Five women went for Casino weekend and really enjoyed great steaks for dinner. Service was great and food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKickapoojunkieDined on 9/21/2013Great space but generic tasting food. Presentation and service were beautiful. Chef needs more training. Execution was great but flavors were way off. Will try again when chef skills matureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Eagle Pass, Texas...NewGirlDined on 9/15/2013Fine Dining in Eagle Pass, Texas....an oxymoron!!?? Not anymore! The steak I slowly ate the other night is in my "top 3 all-time favorite" steak experiences....(in 30 years of dining). I have had steak at restaurants such as Ruth Chris, Del Frisco's, Fleming's, Morton's, Saltgrass, etc. Also, the Buffalo Mozzarella in the Caprese is to die for!!! Another note, Funny thing happened, I tried a bite of my husband's spinach in cream sauce here....and loved it (I don't like/eat cooked spinach)! Chef at the Sage Steakhouse is top notch! I have lived in Eagle Pass for two years now and am happy to share that there is now fine dining in Eagle Pass inside The Lucky Eagle Casino/Hotel at "The Sage Steakhouse".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.