5206 Atlantic Ave
Ventnor City, NJ 08406Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sageventnor.com/
- Phone: 6098232110x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lisa Savage
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Off and On Premise Catering Available....
- Special Events: 3 Courses for $30.00 Available from 5-7 pm Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
A word from Sage Restaurant
Nestled in the heart of the Jersey Shore in Ventnor City, this cozy 80 seat BYOB delights customers with an eclectic menu with flourishes of Mediterranean, Italian, Asian, Spanish and American cuisine. Chef Lisa's passion for food is expressed everyday as she applies her creative skills with an uncommon flair that vividly expresses the clean, bold flavors one finds at Sage Restaurant formerly Savaradio.Continued
BYOB / CASH ONLY
BYOB / CASH ONLY
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sage Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great menu & atmosphere at Sage!kikisfavsDined on 3/28/2014My husband & I recently went to Sage with another couple. We all agreed the food & service were excellent! They had a unique menu (which we love) and plenty to choose from. I had the shorts ribs & my husband had the scallops...both were excellent. We all loved the atmosphere & will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local byob with freshWhere2eatDined on 3/22/2014Great local byob with fresh gourmet food. Menu is creative and different but easy to find something you like. Ambience is nice. Service is excellent. Prices are fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reputation.. Well deserved.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Great reputation.. Well deserved. Great Saturday night dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner for Restaurant WeekRazzleDazzle7Dined on 3/8/2014Had a great dinner for Restaurant Week here. My started was an assortment of small bites consisting of hummus, pita bread, greek salad skewers, baba ghounash & olives. It was a lovely presentation and very tasty! I got the Swordfish which came with a tomato based pasta shaped in small circles. The fish was very moist and tender. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pasta was light and delicate and very good. The Key Lime Pie for dessert was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed It!DBDineDined on 3/5/2014It was a night good times with good food, I enjoyed it and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014This is probably the best meal I have had in South Jersey. There were 3 of us and we each loved our entire meals. We all ordered from the restaurant week menu. Kathy had the meatballs for app, which were very good, and Pat and I each had the hummus platter. I am not a big hummus fan, and even I loved it. For our entrees, Kathy had the duck in cherry sauce, Pat had the pork chop with apples, and I had the fish of the day, swordfish. I cannot say enough about the fish, it was TO-DIE-FOR. For dessert I had the chocolate torte, decadent goodness, Kathy had the ricotta balls, fabulous, and Pat had the Key Lime pie. I would definitely go back. If you have not tried Sage yet, you have to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputation.........OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014Over the years on multiple occasions each summer we've wanted to have dinner at Sage, but never plan far enough in advance to get a reservation. That's not a problem in the winter season. Tables were available at any time on Saturday evening. The food was very good, the service attentive, and since the restaurant was not packed, the noise level was very tame. The experience provided the incentive to plan further ahead during the summer and enjoy Sage again.Special Features:
- Excellent MealRichelleDined on 2/14/2014Had a wonderful meal at Sage on Valentine's Day - food was excellent and the staff was very attentive, well versed on the menu and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBHCRPDined on 2/14/2014Recently dined on 2/14 with boyfriend. Nothing but good things to say. We were greeted, sat at the time of our reservation, waitress was informative but not overbearing, food was delicious and it's BYOB, you really can't go wrong! Worth all $67 our bill was during their 3 course special! Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sage a neighborhood gemkatydidDined on 2/13/2014always fun night with special friends, Waitress Bev is very personable and on top of everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014First visit and a great find. Service was excellent in spite of the fact that there was a large gathering in an adjoining room. The menu is comprehensive and the food is superb. We will definitely visit again. However new comers should note that it is a BYOB and CASH only.Special Features:
- Terrific Dining ExperienceRBawgusDined on 2/6/2014I recently took my wife to Sage for her birthday. She is vegan finding a good dining experience is a challange. The chef prepared a terrific vegan risotto with sweet potatoes that was simply amazing. Their food and service is always top notch. I highly recommended them for any occasion. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!KarenVIPDined on 1/24/2014We dine at Sage at least once a month, and the food and service are always wonderful. Our favorite appetizers are eggplant gallo and crispy artichoke hearts with dipping sauce. Salads are all fresh, tasty and plentiful (definitely enough to share). My favorite entree is the veal piccata; other personal favorites are the duck, short rib and scallops, but everything's delicious! BYOB is great. We recently ordered from the 3 courses for $30 menu, and portions were the same size as always... no skimping! We've also held several large parties in the side room and each time, service and food were flawless. We have been fans of Chef Lisa Savage since the start of her culinary career and are so happy to be Ventnor "local" followers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter dining such a pleasure!AmaieseingDined on 1/11/2014They've added ambient lighting that makes the atmosphere even better. And the food is consistently excellent! It's about the only place I've found where they believe you when you say, "I want my salmon medium rare."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!gnjweaveDined on 1/10/2014Food is excellent and service is great! Only downside is its cash only. One of the best BYOB's in Atlantic City area, if not the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gem says it allkatydidDined on 1/4/2014Great food, ambience and attentiveness by wait staff were the things I choose in a restaurant and this one had it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor the difference!mretalentVIPDined on 1/4/2014My absolute favorite restaurant in the Atlantic City area. The food is consistently great. Great diverse menu and always interesting and tasty specials. Save room for the homemade desserts - especially the banana cream pie! A MUST for anyone looking for a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner 4 2Randy316Dined on 12/31/2013Enjoyed the chef's specials on new years eve. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Had the 14 oz. veal chop and sea bass specials. Meat and fish were cooked perfect temperatures and sauces were exceptional. Eggplant rollentine app was complimented with cheese and melted in your mouth. Restaurant was full yet not to noisy. Cash only BYOB would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service matches the foodTerriVIPDined on 11/30/2013We have always had great meals at Sage and at Lisa's previous restaurants. The service on Saturday night was equally as good. We were catching up with friends we hadn't since in years. We were the last to leave, and wouldn't have known it from the staff. The hostess stayed unobtrusively in the background until we decided to leave. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Great mealmskjDined on 11/22/2013I love to walk into a neighborhood restaurant and be greeted with a friendly smile and Sit and enjoy a great meal. The 30 price fix is a great value, Enjoy!Special Features:
- Try the artichoke.GMRCAMVIPDined on 11/17/2013Sage offers a delicious hot artichoke with dipping sauce. It is my favorite appetizer. The beet salad is also excellent. My husband ordered the seafood zuppa which he thoroughly enjoyed that night and finished for dinner the following night at home. The tasty bread dipped in the sauce was a real treat. The seafood was fresh and varied. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and BYOBNYEdinerDined on 11/16/2013We had a great dinner. Thoroughly recommend this fine spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant andCynthiaDined on 11/16/2013I love this restaurant and I am never disappointed. The food is wonderful and the staff is friendly and attentive. I think they really care if you have a positive experience. We will continue to go back again and again.Special Features:
- AmazingChrisDined on 11/8/2013Picked this place for a first date. From the friend oysters over seaweed salad to the lamb lollipops, sesame encrusted seared tuna, goat cheese mashed potatoes, to the tres leches and double shot of espresso, this place was amazing. I would highly recommend and we will certainly make this a frequent place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAlwayseatingoutDined on 11/2/2013Hadn't been for a while was too noisy but this time it seemed just fine-- able to have conversation without shouting! Crispy artichokes so good as were the other appetizers I tried.The scallops are always excellent and did not disappoint. A special order risotto with seafood was done without question even on a busy Sat. night. The broccoli rabe and sausage over orrechetti was fine just not memorable compared to the other dishes. The pumpkin bread pudding was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sage restaurant was greatkatydidDined on 10/27/2013Sage restaurant was great as usual.They were able to accommodate us as we were half hour late because of football Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not be better!TeshannonDined on 10/20/2013We have eaten at Sage many times and have never had a meal that was less than outstanding. It is by far our favorite restruant at the Jersey shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, great foodDougnSuzDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I went for dinner and overall had a good experience. The food and service were excellent. The downside is that tables are close together and we were seated next to two tables, seating 8 and 10 loud women. This took away from the quiet dinner with a bottle of wine we were looking to have. As I mentioned earlier, our server was great - we took some time talking while sharing an appy. The server checked on us as she didn't want to have the chef start our dinner until we were done since we both ordered our meals rare. We thought this was very considerate as they wanted our meal to be the best it could be, and it was! Try the banana cream pie for desert too! We'd recommend Sage to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seared Ahi tuna was amongJackDined on 10/12/2013The seared Ahi tuna was among the best I've had in a long time. Really enjoyed the roasted beet salad. Service was vey attentative.Special Features:
- Diners delightBad818VIPDined on 10/11/2013Love the menu. Variety of foods all cooked to perfection . Fresh ingredients, light sauces and just the right amount of spiciness . Ended with decadent chocolate dessert and double espresso. BYOB a real bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats in Ventnor, byob,DavidFVIPDined on 10/5/2013good eats in Ventnor, byob, but really should do credit cards. Service is just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBL18Dined on 10/5/2013Great Byob ! Food was outstanding but seating was a little crampedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagOCdinerDined on 9/27/2013Some things were very good - the garlic shrimp with chorizo and all of the desserts - some OK, like the Thai mussels and clams - and some really poor, al dente risotto with crunchy squash! The inconsistency was very disappointing, not a repeat for us.
- consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2013The food at sage is consistently fresh and very good. It is one of the few good restaurants in the area where you can have a conversation with your dinner partners and hear each other. I have been at Sage several times and always had a great meal. Nice portions too. This is a very good restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SagesummerhouseDined on 9/14/2013Food was amazing & the ambience was wonderful, quiet and cozy. The service was lacking. Our waitress was not attentive at all. We sat for aobut 20 mins after eating and she never came back to our table- we had to go look for her. We were sitting at our table with nothing left in our glasses and she never asked us if we wanted dessert until we went to ask for our check. I also don't like that they do not take credit cards. It is extremely inconvinient for a restaurant not to take credit cards, especially when you have a larger group. I do like that you can BYOB because that does help to keep the cost down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never had a bad meal herePowerladyDined on 9/7/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants. The lobster and corn risotto is the best I've ever had and their blueberry mango pie is actually as good as homemade (and you never get pie that good). We were seated promptly at our reservation time. We like that it is a BYOB because we have favorite wines and you avoid the huge markup of alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining & BYOB--our favorite!AmaieseingDined on 9/6/2013We love walking to Sage with our wine, knowing we will have a great dinner. Everything is inventive and prepared with the freshest, healthiest ingredients. They gladly let us split one of their delicious salads, and every version of the standard dishes we love is better than the last--she changes their prep to match the season. Fish specials are always wonderful & we love her salmon with spinach and anchovy sauce she serves in the fall and winter. Pastas, seafood, appetizers, desserts--they always good! Service is attentive and timely. We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was very disappointed withbeanVIPDined on 9/4/2013was very disappointed with the food. our party of 4 and a few other diners were the only ones in this restaurant. food was bland
- Very reliable. Have been thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Very reliable. Have been there many times. We will go again.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner experienceshoretimeDined on 8/25/2013Amongst a busy, summer night crowd we had an incredible meal/experience at Sage. It was my boyfriends birhday so I chose Sage because of reviews/word of mouth and what a pleasant suprise! My entree: The pork chop with red pepper jelly glaze was perfect accompanied by clean broc rab and cheddar mash, the mini meatball app was to die for. Dessert was lovely, a homemade blueberry mango pie with vanilla gelato and of course a candle! Open tables "comment" area allowed for me to request the candle and it made for a seemless dinner celebration. We enjoyed wine through dinner and sambucca and cappuccino to end our meal. I recommend this spot even for a day trip down the shore, it will not dissapoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.