Sage Restaurant - Tallahassee
3534 Maclay Blvd S
Tallahassee, FL 32312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sage Restaurant - Tallahassee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sagetallahassee.com/about.html
- Phone: 8502709396x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm (Walk-in Only)
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11:00am -3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday 6:00pm -10:00pm
In order to ensure a high standard of food and service for all of our patrons:
Sage can only accept parties of eight or fewer for dinner service.
Reservations may be made no more than 30 days from the dining date.
Patio seating cannot be confirmed until 24 hours before the dining date or when weather patterns become clear, tables will be reserved in the dining room until that time.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Terry White
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sage Restaurant - Tallahassee
The CONCEPT behind Sage is to offer a wide range of freshly prepared, made-from-scratch foods at good value with excellent, knowledgeable service in a casual environment.Continued
Our MISSION is to serve the best food, give the best service, and offer a friendly atmosphere for our guests and employees.
Our MISSION is to serve the best food, give the best service, and offer a friendly atmosphere for our guests and employees.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Sage Restaurant - Tallahassee - Best Restaurants in Tallahassee ›
Sage Restaurant - Tallahassee reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (42)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (32)great for brunch (21)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014You will never be disappointed with a meal at Sage. I know I never have. Everything from food to service to ambience is top notch.Special Features:
- Best Soup and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014What a surprise to have the marvelous grill cheese with my wonderful soup. I enjoyed the wine flight, the attentive service was amazing. Everything on the menu seemed wonderful and I could hardly choose. Finally I got the medallions and ate every bit. The chef selected vegetables was outstanding. I was dining by myself and they made me feel very welcome, just the right amount of "do you have everything conversation". I will definitely return on any subsequent visits to Tallahassee.Special Features:
- lassielassieDined on 9/16/2014I love this restaurant. The food is consistently amazing and the presentation is inviting. I prefer to go to restaurants where I can order lots of things that I wouldn't (make that couldn't) cook at home. Sage meets this preference. It is fun just to read the menu, of course it makes it hard to select an entree' but that's an easy price to pay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!ClassyfoodVIPDined on 9/16/2014Sage is consistently outstanding! The service, food and atmosphere are impeccable. This is by far the BEST restaurant in Tallahassee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfinderVIPDined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here! Had the escargot & cobia conservative appetizers, nice bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio, filet & salmon entrees with peach cobbler & port for dessert. Great service, food, & wine! Would definitely return again for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great b-day luncheeyore13Dined on 9/13/2014Perfect place for a Saturday lunch. It was my b-day and we told our server. It would have been nice to get a free dessert.Special Features:
- Fine food in a relaxed environmentopus69Dined on 9/13/2014Some of the best food you will find anywhere. An epicurean's delight with service to match. Knowledgeable and helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saspjgDined on 8/27/2014The food and service were very good. The.y also accommodated our special requestsSpecial Features:
- coastaldoryDined on 8/21/2014Very very good food. Mostly good service, just slow, don't go when you are in a hurry. I eat there quite often because the food is so good.Special Features:
- Ironwood Reviews SageIronwoodDined on 8/20/2014This is a great place for lunch and dinner as well! The food is excellent and the menu offers many choices! The quiches are outstanding...the consistency of a delicate egg custard. And then there's dessert. .the flourless chocolate cake is the most delicious dessert I have ever eaten!! I always ask the waiter to hold a piece for me when I place my order. Go there and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Seafood!!!FishchickDined on 8/19/2014Party of three tried the barbecued shrimp, crab cakes, salmon with olives and quinoa and seafood pasta. Everything was extremely good and cooked to perfection. We wanted to try Chef Terry's food due to his seafood credentials winning the National Seafood Cook-Off. We were very pleased with our meal. Traveled from Atlanta just to try Chef Terry's food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farmertotableDined on 8/15/2014My father's 60th birthday celebrations began with dinner at Sage. The food was outstanding and the service very professional and pleasant. It was my husband's first experience at Sage - and we will definitely return sometime in the near future!Special Features:
- Frank's ThoughtsJustabrowsinDined on 8/9/2014My date and I were greated warmly and personably as we entered. Our waitress was extremely attentive, and the timing of her serving our beginnings, salad, and entree couldn't have been better. As for the food itself, I can only say "my compliments" to the chef. From the Escargot, to the summer fruit salad, and finally the shrimp and scallops over lingquini, had my palate singing. Excellent!!!Special Features:
- Best fine dining in TallahasseeTallyFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Inventive, refined, and sophisticated, Sage is unrivaled as Tallahassee's best restaurant. The food is subtle and delicate, and the portions, civilized (in a town that sometimes feels it has to bury the plate beneath a mountain of food in order to justify its prices). The physical space is elegant without being pretentious. The artwork is smart. The wine list is carefully chosen. In short, this is where you go to eat when you want a transcendent food experience. Tallahassee residents and visitors are extremely lucky to have a restaurant like this in town.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This was everything we expected and more. The service was exceptional, the staff was extremely knowledgeable about the food and wine selections, and the food was prepared to order. Everything we ordered was excellent; the rack of lamb was perfectly cooked to my requested doneness, my wife's scallops and shrimp were perfectly cooked, and the escargot appetizer was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014VERY PLESENT EVE, GREAT FOOD, SERVICE, AND FRIENDLY OWNER. ON OUR LIST TO ATTEND AGAIN SOON.Special Features:
- King of Seafood reigns at SagetalhartmanVIPDined on 8/7/2014When Terry White was selected as the Top American Seafood Chef (competing in the Great American Seafood Cook-Off last Saturday in New Orleans ) it was not a surprise to his loyal fans at Sage. Terry does magical things with all kinds of seafood and the rest of the menu is equally pleasing. I had the pleasure of eating the prize-winning cobia dish on Thursday. No wonder the judges were "reeled in". The flavors pop and are a delightful combination. Terry's sous chef in the competition was Ginna Raymer, Sage's CIA-trained pastry chef. Find a spot of room to taste one of her sweet endings for a truly memorable meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food Terrible ServicecoastaldoryDined on 8/7/2014Food was wonderful as always, service was terrible, when normally it is good. Will I go back - yes but I may not take friends I am trying to give a great Tallahassee experience to next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Just a fabulous restaurant! As I told the server, though, I do wish they would use grassfed beef for the burger, as I'd love to order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Table LocationredbarchettaDined on 7/25/2014Booked through your site and not knowing what to expect, we were escorted to the end table that faced the women's room. The table of 3 we reserved had the 2 ppl. sitting on padded seating and the 3rd sat in a chair that was awkwardly sticking out - causing the waiters to shimmy between themselves and the person in the chair. If it weren't for the food it would have been terrible. I don't know if I should take my chances and walk in or call locally for service. Is this the location for Open Table customers?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice...KayBeeDined on 7/24/2014Great service, great food. The lamb was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for six was greatTLHdinerDined on 7/24/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here at dinner with a total of six people. Sage's food was the best food we have had in Tallahassee for years. Our waitress, Liz, was thoughtful and helpful. We had a number of special dietary needs, and this was addressed as well. The food not only tasted delicious but also was nicely presented. THANK YOU, SAGE, for a memorable night!Special Features:
- Still our favorite after many yearsRGinTallyVIPDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I have been dining here for many years and it is still our favorite upscale bistro. Great food with skilled and friendly servers. There is a lovely small patio for outdoor dining and gas heaters for cool weather. Inside there is seating for about thirty, an ideal size for maintaining quality in the kitchen. The place is almost always packed so reservations are highly recommended and can be made by phone or Internet through OpenTable. There is ample free self parking. There is an excellent fairly priced wine and beer list (no liquor license).Special Features:
- PriceycharlieDined on 7/18/2014Sage is a nice place to have lunch - I would go back but when ordering a Sandwich make sure if there are sides- it is pricey for what you getSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely night out!erinintallyDined on 7/9/2014I usually feel like Tallahassee doesn't have much to offer in the name of great restaurants... a few gems here and there. The staff and food at Sage were amazing! It was our first time there... My ONLY complaint is that the restaurant is a little small but that is probably why everything was so fantastic. (Not produced in mass)... We went for a girls night out and had a wonderful time! Good friends, good wine, great food! And that's why we went... Thank you, Sage!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingCheetoDined on 6/27/2014An amazing experience. All of the food was outstanding. The fried oyster appetizer was one of the best renditions of fried oysters we've ever eaten. This was a wonderful 39th anniversary celebration. Every time we dine at Sage just seems to top the last.Special Features:
- Favorite PlaceMonpare2sageDined on 6/26/2014Summer vegetable soup was very good; trout was great, as usual; shrimp appetizer was great, as usual. Potato chips were good, but were somewhat greasy, stuck together, and topping was uneven and clumpy...a disappointment. Hope they figure out how to again do it right.Special Features:
- foodfinderVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had delicious escargot, Caesar salad & house salad with salmon for lunch. Excellent service. Would recommend reservations since Sage is medium size restaurant and VERY popular! Definitely will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014Great food! Great wine! Great atmosphere! Recommended!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The meal selections all sound so delicious. The presentation of your meal once brought to the table is very eye appealing and the taste will far exceed your expectations. It is best to make a reservation because the restaurant is small but very cute. This restaurant is a keeper in Tallahassee, Florida. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemBusybeeDined on 6/17/2014Sage is the place I take my guests for a special treat. They have a very creative menu and wonderful daily specials. I love the trout almandine with brown sauce.Special Features:
- DisappointingHotLantaDined on 6/14/2014In town visiting my dad for Father's Day and decided on Sage based on the reviews. Upon arrival, I was immediately unimpressed with the locale, decor and ambiance. The service was just okay and the dinner menu was limited. Would not recommend.
- Not up to parPattipianoDined on 6/10/2014This has been out favorite restaurant, but the staff there is not nearly as good as in the past. They are not attentive. They sat us in a middle of the room table and we were the first ones there. My husband is 88 years old and there was no lighting from above. Our staff person was never around, had to send for her two times. They were not busy so there was no reason for the poor service. The food was OK but not great. My lamb came with mashed potatoes and no vegetables. Not cooked to my request. We will go back again one more time and see was this just maybe an off night.
- Lunch vs DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014After a few visits, my wife and I decided we prefer lunch at the Sage rather than dinner. The dinner menu is to limited and thedining is to crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahh, Sage!brunchyDined on 6/4/2014For a romantic birthday dinner, my partner's, a very discreet candle on the dessert meant that they understood my request for no fuss, just a small acknowledgement. It was perfectly tactful and tasteful. I liked our server a lot--she seemed new and was very careful and thoughtful. And of course, goes without saying, great service, great wines, great food. Truly the best in town. I need to make time to come more often.Special Features:
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/28/2014love this place, been here several times, great spotSpecial Features:
- SublimeHomeTownChefDined on 5/27/2014We went for a light early evening dinner, a few apps and salads. Excellent as expected... Beautiful fried oyster appetizer with an Oriental/Asian flair, whichever is correct at the moment, generous mussel appetizer that I would revisit, my lady friend had a very fresh "Sage" salad which she reported to be "very nice"... A couple of glasses of wine, our delightful food, spot on service... I am a local Chef, AND, EASY to please... We had a lovely experience, there is a reason Sage is so highly lauded...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014My group had a wonderful time and the food was great! Our waiter had such a servant heart and we enjoyed him.Special Features:
- The following 201 reviews are from the Sage Restaurant - Tallahassee reviews archive.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Three of us met at Sage Saturday for brunch. Two were vegetarians, and there were incredible options for them. The beet and orange salad was amazing, and the trout was out of this world.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Food is always so fresh and delicious. Thank goodness for no more burgers and fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.