2035 Kennedy Road
Scarborough, ON M1T 3G2Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sagano.ca/
- Phone: 4162991500x6042
- Hours of Operation:
■Dinner: Tues – Sat from 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
■Sunday from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Frederick Stokoe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: visit us at www.sagano.ca
- Special Events: SAGANO RESTAURANT is available for private parties and business meetings, Hold the perfect business lunch in a private dining setting. Inquires at www.deltatorontoeast.com
- Cross Street: 401/Kennedy
- Public Transit: http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/ontario/delta-toronto-east/directions-and-local-events/parking/
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Guest parking is available in our front and back parking lots. Parking rates are posed in the lots on the meters. It is pay parking system but when guest dine one of our outlets in the hotel, parking will be redeemed up to $6.00 equal to 2 hours.
A word from Sagano Restaurant
Experience authentic Japanese cuisine at its finest in an intimate and elegant setting. Our expert chefs will delight your senses with centuries of Japanese culinary sophistication. Escape the ordinary, dine with style and admire a panoramic view while enjoying our fine Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Sagano Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Scarborough ›
Sagano Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nothing specialLocalDinerDined on 10/15/2014Upon arrival, the restaurant seemed nice enough. The decor was pleasing and it seemed promising. Unfortunately, once you get passed the decor, you will soon realize the food is not that good. Honestly, the place is very pricey and maybe I would have a different opinion if I wasn't paying top dollar but when I am paying those prices I expect great food. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything special and the owners should take a look at their menu and compare it to other restaurants. We also ordered cocktails and they were also disappointing. Finally, we just wanted some coffee and espresso but they didn't have espresso. Game over.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food and service were good. But it was too noisy as there was a big party next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced without GrouponTexSquaredDined on 9/18/2014Groupon prix fixe was good value vs regular menu. The sunset view is nice, although there was a large dinner meeting of 20 going on which got a bit loud. Sake was served warm in the traditional carafe. One of the best miso soups in recent memory. Mandarin and almond ginger salad was the usual iceberg lettuce salad and ginger dressing with mandarin slices and toasted almonds. Sushi was 4 California rolls and 6 large pieces of sashimi (tuna, salmon, and some white fish), so decent size. The beef entree was 2 skewers which were good quality meat and not over cooked and with a tasty sauce accompanied with seasonal veggies and rice. Dessert was a small scoop of either green tea or ginger ice cream topped with a strawberry.Special Features:
- Scenic viewDinnerfortwoDined on 9/17/2014It's a nice restaurant with excellent service and beautiful view. With some renovation, the restaurant will be more attractive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodsabzDined on 9/7/2014Service was awesome. Food was delicious. Loved the ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay if you use groupon discountOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Got a groupon deal for a 4-course meal. Selections for main entree was limited. At least sake was included.Special Features:
- LarryVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always enjoy the soft shell crab served with an ice cold Sapporo draft beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDecember60babyDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed my time in Sagano. Our waitress made the evening feel extra special by not rushing us through our courses. She was attentive without being in our face. We had a 5 coarse meal. Every flavour from our Miso soup , salad, sashimi/ rolls, and main coarse where we both choose the salmon was superb. If you a ginger lover I recommend the ginger ice cream for desert… so good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- badteezDined on 8/7/2014I had cucumber allergies and told them. California rolls had cucumber and told them there is cucumber they said sorry and brought the dish back with nothing in it. Seriously????
- Good foodDowntownerDined on 8/2/2014Nice ambiance. Nice service. Very tasty appetizers,we had scallops and beef. Yum We had sashimi, Deltalicious dinner set, and chirashi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Sagano Restaurant reviews archive.
- Very Poor Choice2FrankDined on 5/25/2014The food quality was poor. This is an expensive restaurant located within a Hotel at the top of a very scenic floor overlooking Toronto. Miso soup was good and that's about it. Sushi was poor. Rice was poor. Chicken was fair but beef was some of the poorest I had tasted. I could not complete the bite! Tempura was also of low quality. The bill was particularly high. Paying around $50 for a set dinner with a pop is exorbitant for the quality. This restaurant should either improve or get out of the business.Special Features:
- Great food Great settingsomayajiDined on 5/23/2014Excellent food, very filling and high quality. Excellent presentation of food. Setting is perfect for a romantic evening. Sunset view is very nice. Overlooking the city, the setting is perfect for romantic conversationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmostphereScottiesDined on 5/11/2014Food is not bad but not exception but the service is really good and the view of 401 (if you don't mind the 401) is nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous diningFinediningDined on 5/3/2014We've been going there for years to celebrate special occasions. Staff know us & are always courteous & attentive. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaganoAndrewDined on 4/25/2014Excellent food, service and ambience. Very good value and a fabulous view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much for too littleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014I was expecting more. This is not an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant, nor did I think it was when I made the reservation. However I've been to several AYCE places, so naturally I have them in mind as a comparison for quality and value. Typically an AYCE sushi resto charges around $25 per person. So if I'm paying $35 for a plate of sushi at Sagano, I want it to be noticeably better. But it wasn't. It's essentially the same decent sushi you can get anywhere, with a much higher price tag. It is however a much quieter, less crowded experience. And if you get a window seat, you have a view of the 401 (whether that is a plus or minus is a personal choice). With all the great sushi restaurants available, I'm disappointed I chose this one.
- Food is okay, though a bitEmilyDined on 2/25/2014Food is okay, though a bit expensive. Great scenic view of 401 and Scarborough area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in ScarboroughSLFREADined on 2/22/2014If you love Japanese this is the place to go. The food is great and the view of the city is awesome. Make sure you ask for a window table.Special Features:
- Amazing first visitScooter6609Dined on 2/21/2014Upon reading other reviews of Sagano, I was expecting it to be a bit pricey; but considering the quality of the food and the excellent service, I found the price to be well in line with the experience. I suppose, technically, a view of the 401 isn't considered scenic, but when you're 15 stories up, enjoying a glass of wine looking down on the rush hour commuters; it does make one feel well separated from the " rat race ". Given the chance I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Top-floor view of the CitygrimoliDined on 2/15/2014This place is a hidden gem! Hidden in the sense it is hard to find...just remember that its in the Hotel, you don't have to pay for the paid parking (just know your plate number), and once inside the hotel maybe ask for directions to the elevator that takes you to the top floor where this Restaurant is. We had a window seat that was looking over the City on a nice clear night with an orange moon rising in the east, can't beat that. The service was really wonderful, and although I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur of this genre of food, it was the best Japanese food I've ever had. I'd recommend getting out to this one to see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ExperiencePinkylooDined on 2/14/2014Dining at the Sagano Restaurant was a wonderful experience for me and my husband.. Location is great - just a 15-20 minute from our home.Special Features:
- 65th birthday celebrationJleighbDined on 2/8/2014Very accommodating to our party as we brought a two on the old and car seat with us. They pushed chairs together for us and gave us a larger table to have more room for the baby and baby gear. The 5 course meals were excellent (especially the black cod).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014This restaurant was recommended to us and the view, abmience and service were all very good. We had one of the five course dinners, which includes steak and lobster. We are used to this meal served in Teppanyaki style at other Toronto restaurants and the food was good but not great. The soup and avocado salad were very good but the main seemed a little overcooked and the flavours just didn't seem to be there. Overall a good dining experience and worth another try.Special Features:
- It is usually a pleasure todinnerduoDined on 2/4/2014It is usually a pleasure to dine at Sagano. Previously the food and the service has been very good. This time, because of Winterlicious the service was less than stellar. I wish I had know that this was happening and I would not have booked.Special Features:
- too expensive for what you getBelindaDined on 1/31/2014With entrees in the $25-$35 range, I won't be back anytime soon ! Even with the groupon, it was a pricey dining experience. There was nothing fabulous about the food for that price... and frankly, if we are paying for the view, it is not worth it either! I can get the same food for a lot less at Tako Sushi. On the plus side - the waiter and manager were very friendly and accommodating.
- I did not enjoy my night andUnhappyDined on 1/24/2014I did not enjoy my night and it was my first time there, my reservations were for 7:30 and you closed at 9:30 When I called to make reservations I spoke to Donna she said it was ok and they don't rush you, I felt very rushed and the waitress kept looking at us to see when we were leaving.
- food not worth the waitanonymousDined on 1/17/2014The food was pretty good but pricey and service was very slow. Restaurant did not have enough wait staff. Dined using travelzoo voucher so got a deal on the meal however, would not pay full price as you can get comparable quality japanese food for alot cheaper.Special Features:
- Excellent menu and service.LarryVIPDined on 1/14/2014Excellent menu and service. Very comfortable and relaxing. Best soft shell crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceLuluVIPDined on 12/31/2013we are the first visit there and everything was bad. We asked for tea but they gave me water and i have asked three time to have tea. never refill water or tea for us, the whole dinner we only have one cup of water and one cup of tea. i m not recommend anyone to there.Special Features:
- Small & DarkHoneybun8982Dined on 12/25/2013This was a really small restaurant and kind of confusing to find. There weren't many signs giving direction, we kinda stumbled upon it. Entering the restaurant, you can tell they were trying to maximize the seating spaces in the area, hence it was kind of cramped. Not much privacy, you can hear the couple next to your table whispering, other than that the view is pretty. The food was meh, nothing stood out. I tried the following dishes: Avocado & shrimp salad, Miso Soup, Seared scallops, Seared black cod, Assorted sashimi, Soft shell crab, Terriyaki steak & Terriyaki & lobster. Overall, this was an overpriced japanese restaurant. I would recommend people trying it and form an opinion for themselves but i probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese affairJkhanDined on 12/20/2013Food was great. Had two appetizers, with two mains, a drink each, and a shared dessert. Very nice ambiance, and the waiting staff was excellent. Our reservation was at 8:30 but arrived 5 minutes or so late due to the weather, however, it was not busy at all so they did not have any problems still accomodating us. Didnt have to wait long to be served. As soon as we were finished with our appetizers, our main course was served right away. We had the Spicy Salmon, and Dynamite Shrimp sushi rolls, and for our mains we both had the Teriyaki Beef. It is a bit pricey so I reccomend trying to find a voucher deal like we did. Food was tasty though. The view was nice, even though it just overlooked the 401, it was still nice with all the lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best at the TopLarryVIPDined on 12/12/2013Located at the top of the Delta East Scarborough, this quiet Japanese restaurant offers a complete menu. The food is authentic and can be accompanied by an extensive saki list. A beautiful view over Scarborough. Always a pleasure to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service - we love itJoeLeeDined on 11/17/2013It was our 46th wedding anniversary, it was our first visit to this restaurant. The night view was nice, on the top floor looking south. The lady server was very pleasant and attentive. The food was very fresh, excellent quality and well presented. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sagano Birthday CelebrationPinyponyDined on 11/16/2013Had a skyline view. Food was delicious . Celebrating a birthday so was made a special dessert. Very impressedSpecial Features:
- Sagano Restaurant - Top of DeltaPhatKatDined on 11/10/2013We enjoyed the excellent quality of the food and the location and city view scene is good. We would come more often, but find the menu a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View is Amazing. The foodFoodieDined on 11/1/2013The View is Amazing. The food was good, but the portions are not what I was expecting for the price. Yes, Hotel prices for sure. $32 for a Sashimi Dinner, which didn't come with anything but a bowl of rice. Other places offer soup or salad with. Ok for special occasions if you want to pay that much. But not for everyday affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little expensive but thenCanPatDined on 9/24/2013a little expensive but then again this is the restaurant of a hotel (Delta).Special Features:
- Dining ExperiencesaganodinerDined on 9/21/2013Our first time there. Service was really great! But then there wasn't many people in the restaurant. Nice view. Food was just alright. Sushi appetizer was salty or maybe it was the soy sauce they used. Deep fried soft shell crab appetizer was tasty & my husband's lobster (main dish) was very flavourful & his steak was just ok. My grilled black cod was lacking in flavour, but cooked well. Dessert was great! Overall it was an ok dining experience. I'm basing that judgement mostly on the food and not the service. I'd give the restaurant overall a 5 out of 10 rating. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for the food. Too much money for just ok food. I wasn't overly impressed.
- great view good foodsuperchiuDined on 9/11/2013beautiful unobstructed scarborough view. especially great during sunset. quality good food with service. pleasant surprised with complimentary delicous birthday cake. will go back again with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's a joke!pfanDined on 8/20/2013five-star hotel restaurant prices and two star food! Quality of food is comparable to those japanese buffet restaurant. I pay $75 per person and feels like eating$25 buffet! 100% will not go back! service is extremely slow and not professional at all! only one waiter serve drinks and 1 waitress takes order!! Its totally ridiculous !