Sagamore's/Inn at Bay Harbor
3600 Village Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor, MI 49770Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Sagamore's/Inn at Bay Harbor
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sagamores.com/
- Phone: 2314394059
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours (May 25th through November 1st) Dinner: Sunday through Thursday: 5:30pm-9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Winter Hours (November 1st through May 24th) Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm-9:00pm, Closed Sunday through Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Barbie Papi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Weekly entertainment is featured in our lounge the South American Grille and Wine Bar across the hall from the Sagamore's Dining Room. Please check for a listing of all entertainment on our website www.innatbayharbor.com
- Special Events: If you are looking to make Sagamore's your special event venue, please contact Brie Woodhouse at 231.439.4078 or email@example.com. You can also contact Ami Klykken at 231.439.4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Sagamore's/Inn at Bay Harbor
Award winning service and a gracious setting "set the table" for a series of gustatory delights. Overlooking Little Traverse Bay with unparalleled lake views, Sagamore"s is the definitive North Michigan dining venue. Striking Victorian decor and creative North Michigan fare harkens to a romantic time long ago. Please join us in our Sagamore's Dining Room for indoor or outdoor terrace dining. Great View. Great Food. Great Experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sagamore's/Inn at Bay Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- nicemybrownbaglunchDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant was easy to get a reservation to, attached to a beautiful hotel, and had a beautiful view of the bay!! (there was a white tent set up for weddings outdoor that obstructed some of the view...but it was still BEAUTIFUL) The food was the same food you could order at the fancy restaurant or the bar (right next door). I liked the variety of high end and casual food you could order off the same menu. (I'm not a foodie...tried something new and didn't like it, but the sweet potato fries were worth the whole trip! My husband had fish and loved it!) The wait staff was super nice and friendly too.Special Features:
- DSSJADDined on 9/26/2014They claim great views of the bay from the dinning room; but a huge wedding tent (up for about a year we're told) blocks the view. Chnage your description; there is no 'great' view of the bay.
- Underwhelming experienceWandererVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went to Sagamore's based on several review sites, which, on balance, suggested it would be a good place for dinner. Our expectations were not sky high, but we left underwhelmed. A great view, the hostess sat us at a table where we could see both the bay and the sunset. A good and varied wine list. However, our $100 bottle of wine was served in entirely inappropriate glasses ... we don't expect Riedels, but these were the cheapest stem glasses I can imagine. We were never offered or served any bread. Our entrees were only average, my lamb was prepared just right, but my wife's haddock was dry and tasteless. Service was OK, but we felt rushed, no time between courses ... we were in and out within an hour. In summary - only average.Special Features:
- Very Special Anniversary Dinnerbeagleman911Dined on 7/22/2014My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Bay Harbor to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Our dinner at Sagamore's was the formal "special" dinner celebration to cap off our stay. The staff that served us was extremely friendly and personable without being unnecessarily formal and "stuffy". We had an outstanding dinner at a very private table that was set apart from the others. The servers all went out of their way to make sure that we were enjoying our time. It was a very nice experience. Thank you to everyone there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I remembered it.WhatscookinVIPDined on 7/15/2014Our waiter Jason was fantastic . Smiling, friendly and great attitude. We had a few problems with food temps and a stale bread basket. The fish tacos were good and the michigan salad was tasty. Overall I think the menu is not fine dining which is what the atmosphere is trying to be.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Sagamore's/Inn at Bay Harbor reviews archive.
- Lovely Lake MichiganmimosamommaVIPDined on 5/2/2014Whether dining inside on the restaurant side , in the bar or on the patio, Lake Michigan remains your focal point. The young staff is attentive and the outstanding. The bar area offers live entertainment and the patio welcomes with a fireplace and love furnishings. We enjoyed amazing steak and salmon. We sipped on famous Michigan bottled wines. We enjoyed a leisurely coffee and the live music. A perfect evening.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionHoneymoonersDined on 11/9/2013We felt we were in a private dining room,the appetizer was fantastic,the main course delicious. And the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was splendid. FromSimplyMeDined on 8/28/2013Everything was splendid. From the Michigan Mary to the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentBlondieDined on 8/7/2013This place is just gorgeous but that's where it stops. The food was just adequate even though the prices were not. The biggest problem with the place was the help. Our waiter must have been new because he didn't know the menu and was very slow getting back to us. There were only 3 tables being used so that couldn't have been his excuse. There are too many good places to eat and too many places that want your business around there so I won't hurry back.
- Would not recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2013Took over 2 hours to get our main course. The drinks were served about 30 min after we were seated. Half of the ingredients were missing from our salads .Special Features:
- Better than you might think.FoodMaven13Dined on 6/21/2013Looking for places to eat in Northern Michigan, I could find almost nothing (no reviews, etc.) about Sagamore's, which is surprising, given that it is located in a major hotel. But I decided to give the restaurant a try anyway because of the beautiful setting. I'm glad I did. The lovely room and remarkable view right by Lake Michigan met my expectations. But even more happily, the food was really quite nicely prepared. Although the dishes are neither creative nor daring, they are well prepared, with the chef using tried-and-true techniques to come up with perfectly satisfying combinations of flavors and textures. The food variety was strong, and the wine list was extensive. The staff is very friendly, and they really know their product.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013My wife and I had a great time and considered our dinner at Sagamore's one of the highlights of our stay at Bay Harbor. The restaurant was very quiet and we enjoyed watching the sun set over the frozen bay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday/ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Wonderful Birthday/Valentines Day experience! Hope to return in the near future.Special Features:
- The entrée selections wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013The entrée selections were somewhat limited (and to be expected in the off-season), but the selections were diverse and the dinners we ordered were very good. We had dinner on Friday night and a Saturday night. Both nights the food was the same high quality. The service was even better. The server seemed to be right there at the table when needed and not there when not needed. Our server, both nights, was quiet, friendly, discrete, professional, helpful, knowledgable, engaging but brief, not an entertainer, not a comedian, and not the center of attention. Both nights our server was a server and a very good one. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The best meal we have had in years!JCW1VIPDined on 12/31/2012We at dinner at Sagamores on New Year's Eve and my husband and I had one of the best meals we have had for at least the last couple of years. We eat out a lot and routinely travel to large cities where high end restaurants are routinely available. The food itself was outstanding...the quality of the food, the creativity of the menu, the presentation and the pricing...all perfect. Honestly, at the end of the meal, we both agreed that we wouldn't change a single thing of the meal. What was interesting that on this dinner, people could order a la carte from the special 4 course menu or choose a prix fixe option for one choice from each category (starter, salad or soup, entree, dessert) and included a half bottle of wine (5 different choices).Special Features:
- Too much salt. Three out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2012Too much salt. Three out of seven found their steak uneatable.
- Just what we needed--our 2RandeVIPDined on 7/25/2012Just what we needed--our 2 grandchildren and our daughter. All tired but needing some good food and a pleasant atmosphere. We sat in the bar overlooking Lake Michigan and heard the sounds of Pete Kehoe playing his guitar. The whole table enjoyed it and our food was excellent, as well as service. A GREAT PLACE!!!Special Features:
- Always a favorite. BreathOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2012Always a favorite. Breath taking views of Lake Michigan sunsets. Great service!Special Features:
- Not Worth the MoneyFrancesDined on 7/12/2012Beautiful restaurant with outstanding views of the bay. Sadly, our group of 6 were all unhappy with at least one part of our meal. The salad was inedible with highly spiced walnuts and vinegary dressing, the Delmonico steaks were gristly. The drinks, coffee and dessert were great! This is not the first time dining here, and never has it been such a disappointment. Not sure if we'll go back.Special Features:
- The view is outstanding! ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2012The view is outstanding! There were some very good selections for entrees. Some of the entrees were delightful, but some arrived cold. One entree was somewhat dry. The service was slow considering that only a few tables were occupied. The staff at the restaurant was friendly and we returned for the breakfast two days in a row. We especially liked the individual personal waffle selections. I would be willing to try dinner again to give them the benefit of the doubt.Special Features:
- Oh What a NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012We loved it. It was the night of the 3rd of July, but the city did their fireworks that night over the bay. It was spectacular. Our second time there. It was just as good the second time as the first.Special Features:
- Sagamore's was beautiful.AmandakpDined on 6/29/2012Sagamore's was beautiful. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. My girlfriend and I were very happy with our overall experience.Special Features:
- We think the experience couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012We think the experience could not have been better. Every thing was just great.Special Features:
- Always a favorite but chooseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2012Always a favorite but choose the South American on the patio. Get there around 7 if you want a table...Special Features:
- Great location and view, butSmokeyDined on 6/17/2012Great location and view, but barely ordinary hotel food. All you need to know: splurge on a $100 bottle of wine, and it's poured into Libby glasses.
- Northern Michigan GemLRCNDined on 6/3/2012We were guests at the Inn at Bay Harbor and enjoyed our dinner at Sagamore's. The view is spectacular and the service is outstanding. Our meals were fantastic. The delmonico and the tenderloin were great! Sagamore's also has an incredible breakfast buffet.Special Features:
- I asked for a window tableinksVIPDined on 5/26/2012I asked for a window table on our reservation because it was our anniversary - and not only did we get our window table, we were given very special treatment including congratulations from all of the staff, a complimentary dessert and even a gift certificate for a discount in the spa - the food was absolutely fantastic, the wine delicious and the staff made us feel extremely welcome and special. THANK YOU Sagamores!Special Features:
- We keep going back!JCW1VIPDined on 12/28/2011Food was terrific and wine list quite good. Service was wonderful. This is a restaurant that we go back to time and time again. Menu changes frequently (which we love) so we look forward to seeing "new things" to try. The restaurant overlooks the shore of Lake Michigan and while the snow mounts up on the patio during the winter, the summer views are outstanding.Special Features:
- We were celebrating our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/10/2011We were celebrating our anniversary and it was also our first time to Sagamore's. The food, service, and atmosphere was excellent. Everything was perfect! Thank you!Special Features:
- Positively Perfect! The BrieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Positively Perfect! The Brie appetizer was perfect. The squash bisque was imaginative & such a delightful surprise. Service was attentive, but never rushed. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful location right nextJCW1VIPDined on 11/24/2011Beautiful location right next to the water. Service pleasant and unobtrusive. Enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner buffet - the other times we've dines there the food was also terrific.Special Features:
- Among the best in the NorthernOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011Among the best in the Northern Michigan area. Good service and good food. Nothing world class, but vedry nice.
- Menu could be better but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2011Menu could be better but the views are spectacular! We enjoy the lunch menu more than dinner.Special Features:
- We were celebrating our 19thOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2011We were celebrating our 19th anniversary. We had a special dining experience at Sagamores. The server was perfect. The food was outstanding. The flowers on the table were special. We were very happy we we spent our anniversary at Sagamores. Thank you.Special Features:
- Reserved table 406 2 weeksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011Reserved table 406 2 weeks in advance and were seated at table 403 so we didn't quite get the view we were looking for.
- There were four of us andOkemosianDined on 8/2/2011There were four of us and I believe everyone enjoyed the meal. The waiter was attentive and gave good advice. The only thing we did not like was the dessert because the fudge sauce on the icecream was not great. The view would have been better, but a tent was in place outside the windows of the restaurant. If the tent were not there, the view would have been great. We ate at about 8 p.m. and there was one large group there when we arrived, but the sound level was pretty low.Special Features:
- The service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2011The service was horrible. We had the worst waiter ever. It took forever and he didn't always get it right. We wanted to sit outside and they said those places were reserved, but later we saw plenty of empty tables. We sat in a booth and all the traffic from the kitchen to the other dining area passed by us. The food was good, but the ambience, the service and the waiter will guarantee we never go back there again. We were very disappointed.Special Features:
- With our granddaughter onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011With our granddaughter on the day of her engagement. Could not have been nicer Made a special day even better for the newly engaged couple, and us.Special Features:
- Do no try to enjoy and eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2011Do no try to enjoy and evening in the restaurant is the is a wedding party going on.Special Features:
- The fourth of July dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011The fourth of July dinner buffet was delicious. The view was amazing and the service was great.Special Features: