Saffron Indian Cuisine
1214 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Saffron Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saffronwalnutst.com/
- Phone: (215) 546-2009
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Sunday Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday-Thursday Dinner: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday-Saturday Dinner: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Global, International, Vegan
- Executive Chef: ravinder siwach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: minimum catering 25 people
- Entertainment: weekend live music soon
- Special Events: Friday . Saturday and sunday special menu 25 per persion five course
A word from Saffron Indian Cuisine
An Indian restaurant in Philadelphia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saffron Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- The bestKrisVIPDined on 9/27/2014Best chicken tikka masala of my life. Very attentive service. I debate driving into Philly just to get it as takeout. Amazing. BYOB but that's OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to theatresSandyDined on 9/12/2014Went to Saffron before a show. The service was good, menu offered a great selection of dishes. Would recommend before going to the theatre as it is very close.Special Features:
- Great BuffetLoveYumDined on 9/7/2014The buffet at Saffron was great, it provided a wide variety of high quality choices. I always have trouble deciding at Indian restaurants, and I didn't have to!
- The following 12 reviews are from the Saffron Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014Saffron is the best Indian restaurant in the area (of which there are many). Their food is always great and the service prompt and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky FindToaster79Dined on 5/1/2014My colleague and I were in town for a meeting and we were looking for something different for dinner beyond American Cuisine. We found Saffron via Open Table -- the reviews looked good. We were not disappointed. We didn't know it was BYOB - the owner directed us to a State Store 2 blocks away. The service was outstanding--- very attentive. The place settings - white china, nice flatware; dishes arrive in traditional pots. My colleague had a vegetarian dish with lentils - delicious. I had a traditional chicken dish - with the red sauce - incredibly flavorable. The rice was done just right. The decor is clean and fresh - high ceilings gives it an airy feel. We would definitely go again --Special Features:
- Ambler faveLinnyVIPDined on 4/16/2014We've been regulars here since Saffron opened & once again were not disappointed. Will certainly be back!
- So-so experienceHCPEVIPDined on 3/29/2014I think the food was reasonable. However, the service was poor. They never asked us if we wanted dessert, tea or coffee or anything after our meal. Our check just showed up before we even had a chance to talk about it. The place was empty, so it wasn't like they were trying to rush us out to seat anyone else. There are better Indian restaurants in town - both in terms of food and service. I don't think we'll be going back there.
- Tasty foodVPMDVIPDined on 3/10/2014Food was fresh, hot, tasty. Naan was actually quite good as was malai chicken.Special Features:
- I came not too long ago, andsusanpDined on 3/7/2014I came not too long ago, and decided to come back for my birthday! Once again, I was not disappointed. I enjoyed my birthday here at Saffron Indian Cuisine. I decided to bring my group of friends to celebrate and they also loved it as well. The relaxation of this place brought peace and comfort to all of us. The dishes were marvelous. We ordered chicken makhani with just the right spice level and others at the table ordered tandoori mixed grill! It came out with a perfection look to it. We all loved the staff and how they welcomed me with a candle and sang happy birthday! The service was well-timed and everything was affordable. I would definitely return not one more time but many more times after.Special Features:
- While only open a few months,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2014While only open a few months, the food was very good. Our host (and owner) was very attentive and made some great suggestions for us. Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantsusanpDined on 2/28/2014When I think of authentic Indian food I think of Saffron Indian Cuisine. My husband and I were craving some Indian food but were afraid that we were going to be let down, however, that was not the case! I had the best experience ever here. The food was perfectly displayed and tasted so delicious. I definitely recommend the chicken tikka masala. The staff was so welcoming and friendly. It is completely affordable and has a beautiful interior design. I definitely recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Indian food locally!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014Saffron Indian Cuisine turned out to be a real surprise! We have a need for authentic Indian food in the neighborhood, and Saffron doesn't disappoint. Sandra, the owner, is incredibly accommodating and friendly, but it's the food that is the real champion here. I've tried the buffet on one occasion and ordered a la carte on a second occasion. The food is fresh, authentic, and delicious. I really recommend a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuPensAreFunDined on 2/15/2014We ate at Saffron the day after Valentine's Day, yet the only menu available was the limited special menu. The garlic naan was some of the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic Food for Great PriceIndianAmerican21Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is average.You can substitute tofu for meat, which is unique for Indian restaurants, awesome! The samosas were dry and dull. The mango lassi was excellent,a true lassi compared to other restaurants that serve "mango juice" or "mango smoothie" instead. Overall, this restaurant offers food that is good enough for those looking to try Indian. I went on Valentine's Day for their 5-course dinner mainly because it was only $25. The service was pretty bad. It was the first day for all three waiters. We didn't get plates or silverware to spoon out the entrees for many minutes, and had to send back our naan because it had gotten cold. The waiters were very nice, but not knowledgeable about Indian cuisine or how it is to be eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy accidentSaraDined on 1/11/2014We arrived looking for a Mexican restaurant that used to be in the same space..... lucky us, the food was even better! The dinner buffet is $9.99 and is an amazing deal full of really delicious choices. The staff is friends and accommodating and it was a lovely evening, all around.Special Features: