Saffron Indian Cuisine Orlando
7724 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Saffron Indian Cuisine Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saffronorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 674-8899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: we cater for all your special occasions .we offer catering to all of central Florida . we do on-site cooking .
A word from Saffron Indian Cuisine Orlando
Saffron Indian Cuisine serves a variety of savory recipes from India"s rich tapestry of culture and culinary traditions. Every dish is meticulously prepared in authentic Indian home-style, using only natural spices and ingredients. We never add preservatives or artificial colorings. As a result, Saffron Indian Cuisine's many delectable dishes are lean, low in fat and healthy. Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Orlando, FL, in the modern and up-tempo Dr. Phillips Plaza of of the Sand Lake exit on Interstate 4 (I-4). Our dining atmosphere is as beautiful as our surrounding area. Saffron Indian Cuisine elevates Indian cooking onto higher levels of fine dining, maintaining contemporary and stylized touches, while creating exciting & unique signature dishes. Saffron Indian Cuisine has a lot going for it. We recommend you visit and sample all our dishes. See our menu below or click here for hours & directions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saffron Indian Cuisine Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Popular Indian SpotBillVIPDined on 6/29/2013We were delighted to see Saffron so busy. The food and service was a little below previous experience but the restaurant is so good that it still remains one of the best Indian spots in the state.Special Features:
- A hidden gemPmcleansVIPDined on 6/22/2013Visiting from CA. I had had quite enough of conference hotel food so I queried OpenTable for a good Indian restaurant and I was truly impressed with what I found. The restaurant is not large, but has plenty of friendly and obliging staff. When you step in the door you are immediately swept up in all the wonderful aromas of India which predict an excellent meal to come. I was not disappointed. The tandoori Chef's selection came sizzling to the table and was filled with spicy and delectable perfectly cooked meats and sumptuous shrimp. Sadly I left Orlando the next day, otherwise I'd have gone back!Special Features:
- Great Tasting FoodA2SEVIPDined on 5/20/2013The food was amazing. The naan's (and the special naan's) were so fresh, soft and served just right. I had the opportunity to sample vegetarian, chicken and lamb dishes and they were all above par and tasty. The papadum with the sauces are a nice touch / pre mean snack. Having been to many Indian restaurants all over the country, I had lower expectations from a tourist packed area in Orlando but I was pleasantly surprised. It is tucked away in a strip away from the madness. The restaurant is cozy and well decorated and comfortable. The service speed was appropriate and the servers friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend driving the few minutes if you want a taste of some good Indian fare.Special Features:
- Great food, pleasant and efficientOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Great food, pleasant and efficient service. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Saffron RocksBillVIPDined on 1/3/2013We have dined at Saffron on 4 or 5 occasions and have always enjoyed their offerings. Chicken Tikka Masala, Madras Chicken, and Chicken or Lamb Korma have never failed to please. Service is also very good. I know that we will visit Saffron again.Special Features:
- Good but needs workapt2dineDined on 12/14/2012We had the lamb vindaloo and the vegetarian Hyderabadi Baghare Baigan (whole baby eggplant stuffed w/roasted spices cooked in a sesame coconut sauce). Both tasted good, however, the eggplant was not "stuffed" and it was 3 tiny eggplants swimming in a large sea of sauce which had no taste of coconut. I would have preferred to have a few more vegetables and a little less sauce. Also, the "baby" eggplants are not really babies but Brinjals which are filled with seeds and were a little tough. We asked for medium hot and got no heat at all. They have a wide wine list, which we didn't try as we were in the mood for beer. Unfortunately, their beer selection is very limited and the Indian beers we had were very weak and watery.Special Features:
- Saffron provides quality IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Saffron provides quality Indian cuisine. Service fast and attentive. Quality containers for left-over food; server did good job of packaging left-overs. Prices are fair and good. Noise is a problem. Very boisterous diners at the larger front-of-house tables interfered with the diners who were there for a quiet, romantic meal. I tried to phone for reservation, lady answered the phone but could not hear me nor I her so she hung up on me. Suggest you isolate the phone area from the noise area. Tables for two are nice but too small for the big 3-way condiment dish - use small dishes. One of the managers stood in plain sight at the back carefully holding up large amounts of money, slowly counting it over and over; not good image to remembeSpecial Features:
- The food is always wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2012The food is always wonderful. Great atmosphere and child friendly. The waiters and waitresses are always on top of their game and they always remember a face and name. Great experience!! My family's favorite.Special Features:
- Good, but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012There are many Indian restaurants in Orlando, but, as with all other restaurants on Sandlake, you pay extra to cover their rent. The food was good but there is other Indian food as good or better that costs far less.
- I have made two reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2012I have made two reservations on line and still have no points. I have also sent an email. please add my points.Special Features:
- You need to serve the mainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012You need to serve the main course on a WARM PLATE. Placing hot/warm food on a cold plate makes the food go too cold immediately. The onion bahjis needed frying longer, they were too doughy/undercooked and not crispy enough. Apart from that all was good.Special Features:
- Saffron is a fantastic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/11/2012Saffron is a fantastic dining experience. The room is spare, but chic and comfortable. There is a wide variety of entrees and the service provided by Saru on my visit was perfect. I have never had a bad meal there, either at lunch or dinner. They also stay open later than most establishments, which is perfect for, say, after theatre dining.Special Features:
- Saffron remains my favoriteBillVIPDined on 7/21/2012Saffron remains my favorite Indian restaurant in Orlando and there are a few others that are good.Special Features:
- I have become a regular hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012I have become a regular here now. Food is always amazing no mater what I decide to order. Hands down the best Indian restaurant in OrlandoSpecial Features:
- Cosy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012I had a very pleasant dining experience at Saffron Indian Cuisine. It’s a small but very cozy place, with good Indian food and service.
- Excellent Indian and a modernOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/27/2012Excellent Indian and a modern environment. Tikka masala is delicious and the wine is good value.Special Features:
- Simply stated it is my favoriteBillVIPDined on 6/23/2012Simply stated it is my favorite Indian restaurant in Florida. I love the food served there and will return in the very near future.Special Features:
- Haven't had this good of IndianCaroleDined on 6/16/2012Haven't had this good of Indian Food since I visited London!Special Features:
- Tandori mixed grilled wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2012Tandori mixed grilled was the best we've ever had! The eggplant dish was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Very good Indian food. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2012Very good Indian food. We were 5. We ordered everything spicy to feel dragon inside. But after lassi everything was ok. Indian food is healthy, bread is very good. There is a lot of Indians - so the place is really true. We enjoyed this.Special Features:
- The decor was tasteful forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/7/2012The decor was tasteful for a strip mall. Excellent homestyle Indian food. The service was very prompt and attentive. The prices were higher than I would expect for this type of restaurant.
- Good spot for lunch or dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/6/2012Very good but not among the best Indian food I've had. Would however reccomend this restaurant as the price paid was good for our food and dining experience. I'm very happy to have found this place while we were visiting Orlando.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian food!PatriceDined on 4/27/2012The staff was friendly & knowledgeable in helping us select menu items. The decor is simple, but attractive. Presentation is appealing & food is very good. Although we were here for dinner, I would probably go back for the lunch buffet next time, as it appears to be a very good deal. After sharing an appetizer variety platter & naan with my husband, my tandoori mixed grill entree proved to be enough for two meals.Special Features:
- Saffron was excellent! I wouldFoodie45VIPDined on 3/31/2012Saffron was excellent! I would highly recommend this place, excellent food, service and ambiance!Special Features:
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2012Having worked with a number of people who are from India (and hold Indian passports), I have become spoiled by authentic Indian food. I am always a little skeptical of Indian restaurants, but Saffron is one of the best places I have ever dined period! The food is delicious and the homemade paneer melts in your mouth. Will definitely be a staple any time we visit Orlando (along with Amura and Cafe Tu Tu Tango)!Special Features:
- Awesome food!!!ExcellentDined on 3/3/2012Best Indian food! Go! You won't be disappointed! A bit small and a little loud, but actually nicely done for the space. Low lighting, clean, nice staff!Special Features:
- The point to having a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012The point to having a reservation is for your table to be ready at the time reserved. Not 30 minutes later! After being seated, we waited for another 20 minutes before the server finally decided to ask us what we would like to drink. Really? Are you kidding me? Unfortunately, the services kept getting worse after that. The food didn't make up for the loud atmosphere and lousy service. And as for the food, it was only O.K.
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2012Food was excellent, service was friendly and efficient.
- Excellent food. Best IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012Excellent food. Best Indian food I have ever had. Nice, quiet, small place. Will definitely be going back next time I am in Orlando.Special Features:
- mediocre but not offinsiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2012It was pretty empty. And considering that the night before, we ate at a Japanese restaurant in the same shopping complex where the line was out the door, it does say something. We love Indian food, so we have pretty broad experience -- from top of the line to dives. This was neither. We ate, we felt is was unimpressive, we went back to the other restaurant for desert.
- Excellent staff! Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/12/2012Excellent staff! Very nice and friendly! Food was good! A very nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Best Indian Food in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012was the best indian Food I had in Orlando!! And excellent Service... Non-Rude staff.... even though we lingered in the restaurant after the dinner service was over... Really appreciate it!! Keep it up!!Special Features:
- Excellent locally owned restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2012All the ingredients seemed to be fresh and dishes were well prepared. We had the vegetable Samosas, prepared in a standard Indian style using pureed potatoes, green peas and spices, deep fried in pastry. The filling seemed a bit too pureed. nothing exotic here, not too heavy with average flavor. The dipping sauces were excellent. One of us had MURGH SHAHI KORMA, a chicken dish in a creamy almond sauce which was quite rich and tasty, something that would have taken too much time to prepare at home. Same goes for our other main dish, LAMB XACUTTI, which had a delightful coconut sauce. The Nan was light and crispy. Servings were generous and we finished everything.Special Features:
- One of the better Indian RestaurantBillVIPDined on 1/16/2012One of the better Indian Restaurants we have visited in Florida. Everything was well prepared and looked appetizing on the plate. It all passed the taste test. I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- thali lunchlpeteVIPDined on 1/2/2012We went for lunch, which was served as a thali. The meal included samosa, yellow lentil soup, rice, naan, rice pudding and a curry from the menu. I love dthe lentil soup but it was slightly difficult to eat with the type of large spoon and the thali plate. I ordered the chicken xacutti while my spouse had the chicken vindaloo. Both were very good but the xacutti had more flavour of coconut and warm spices. We love heat and asked for both dishes to be spicy-spicy, but they weren't too spicy for us, more medium-spiced. We're looking forward to going back to try additional dishes.
- I come from the land of curryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011I come from the land of curry - the UK -and this food is as good as anything in the UK, and better than a lot. Great value for money too.Special Features:
- The food was very tasty, deliciousLetosheirDined on 12/29/2011The food was very tasty, delicious & enjoyable. The service started slow at first, but was ok throughout to the end. We were looking for a good Indian restaurant while visiting Orlando and Saffron met that desire. Really did enjoy the food. Try it!Special Features:
- It was my first time at SaffronOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011It was my first time at Saffron and I brought my family along. The ambiance was great and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Cold hostessMachelleVIPDined on 12/17/2011The lady hostess demeanor is very cold and it takes her a long time to get to my table. I have dined here several times no am beginning to think sh does not like me for some reason.
- We will be backOmnivorousInOrlandoDined on 12/9/2011Another very enjoyable dinner at Saffron--this one in celebration of a family birthday. Delicious, authentic food and portions so generous, we were able to take home enough leftovers to enjoy a second full meal at home the next night. As usual, the service was attentive and professional...though I do wish the servers would learn to clear away the used utensils and replace them with new ones after each course. But that's one small quibble in an otherwise excellent dining experience.Special Features: