Safari Steakhouse - Trump Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Safari Steakhouse - Trump Taj Mahal
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trumptaj.com/
- Phone: 6094491000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday from 5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Greg Fusco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call For Private Party Availability and Booking Details. If you are interested in Booking a Banquet for a special occasion, please contact Toni Giacobbe-Reale at 609-449-5252.
- Private Party Contact: Patty Brantley 6094495265
- Entertainment: After Enjoying Safari Steakhouse be sure to visit Ego Bar and Lounge located on the casino floor in the middle of all of the action. It is all about you, on and off the dance floor. Enjoy our signature drink menu, live entertainment and nightlife that you won't find anywhere else.
A word from Safari Steakhouse - Trump Taj Mahal
Safari Steakhouse serves Certified Angus Beef Prime. This is the most robust, juicy, tender beef you will ever enjoy. The flavor filled steakhouse menu offers something for every appetite including thick lamb and veal chops, seafood, and whole Maine lobster. Don't Miss your chance to experience steak, in all of your favorite cuts, taken to the highest level of perfection. One visit to the safari steakhouse and you'll soon see why this dining destination won the Gold Award from the National Academy of Restaurant Sciences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Safari Steakhouse - Trump Taj Mahal reviews from OpenTable diners
- ALWAYS ENJOY THE FOOD ANDOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2012ALWAYS ENJOY THE FOOD AND SERVICE. IT NEVER DISAPPOINTS. THNAK YOUSpecial Features:
- We were there to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We were there to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was the first and best resturant we have been to since its our second time visiting Atlantic city. We had fun, our server was the best her name was Maribel she took great care of us and also gave great recommendation on the menu. We do look forward to the next time.Special Features:
- I am a regular at Safari whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012I am a regular at Safari when I go to Taj at least three times a year. My last visit was a disaster. Disappointed and sadden in waitress and meal!! What a disaster. For what it cost, it should of been a feast like it normally is but not this time!! So the next night went to Showboat to eat with friends and had the seafood buffet which was out of this world and and put Taj food to shame this time. Never thought I would say anything bad about Taj because I loved everything about it! Rooms, food, entertainment, employees! Well I guess the saying goes: All good things dont last forever!!! Good bye Safari!
- Good Food - Service, Not So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2012I enjoyed the food during my first visit to Safari Steakhouse. Our steaks were prepared to exactly the right temperature and tasted great. The "safari" theme in the dining room is nice. Unfortunately, the service was surprisingly poor. Our server disappeared for long periods of time, never offered refills, and didn't bother to bring us some of the things we ordered. Even though the food was good, I will probably not return because of the service.
- I've been a member at theAlfredDined on 8/16/2012I've been a member at the Taj for over 20 years and have frequently dined at the Safari, always enjoyed the wonderful ambiance, great service and fine food. I've rated my last visit with a four star, although I realize that the reason for that could not in any way have been avoided by the very pleasant and efficient staff. It was most disturbing for me to try to enjoy the wonderful meal with an extremely loud and disruptive group of people that could be heard throughout the entire restaurant and made my visit a very unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in the houseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012We have been dining at the Steakhouse for several years and bring friends and family. We always have a great meal. Thanks so much for always making our dinning experience top self. Helen TyminskiSpecial Features:
- While the service and ambianceMaryDined on 8/11/2012While the service and ambiance were fine, I was a little disappointed in our steaks. My husband and I both ordered the bone in filet mignon, medium rare. While the steak was very tender, the doneness was more akin to medium. Also, the "bone-in" part of the steak technically was just 2 more ounces of bone, no additional meat.Special Features:
- We have been to Safari SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012We have been to Safari Steakhouse a few times, and everytime we go the food and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BertVIPDined on 8/2/2012My sister and I visited Safari Steakhouse during our trip to Atlantic city. Everything we ordered from appetizers to desserts was delicious, perfectly cooked and served by our wonderful waiter, Peter, in a timely manner. During our meal Peter did tell us that Safari would be closing, but Robert's Steakhouse (more centrally located) will be opening in the fall.Special Features:
- Using Open Table you are toldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Using Open Table you are told to arrive on time for your reservation -it's common courtesy. My group waited 45 minutes for our table. We showed up on time and they still took that long to seat us. I was very dissapointed.
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Only readon I didn't give five stars is because I thought it was a bit over priced.
- As has happened on at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2012As has happened on at least two occasions lately, the date that I requested while filling out your form was changed somehow when I clicked onward. I made this reservation for July 21 and double checked when I filled out the time and date, but did not do that when I received the confirmation. As a result, I showed up at the Safari Steakhouse with no reservation on a Saturday night, and of course they had no reservation. They said that there would be a wait but almost immediately they had a booth for us---conceding probably that my date's mother looked like she was about to faint (long haul through the casino to get to the restaurant), the staff got us a booth and we were seated. What happens with the 1,000 points??
- Our steaks ( 2 people) wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Our steaks ( 2 people) were overcooked. They were sent back, but it took another 30 minutes to have them re cooked and returned.Our dinner guests finished their dinner before we got ous entrees back.
- The food was prepared exactlySuzyq667Dined on 7/13/2012The food was prepared exactly as ordered. The filet mignon melted in your mouth!! The service was impeccable! Overall worth every penny!!
- Consistently good! Still lookingOpenTableVIPVIPDined on 7/7/2012Consistently good! Still looking forward to Robert's Steakhouse entry in the fall!
- Thanks for a nice meal onKatoeDined on 7/6/2012Thanks for a nice meal on my birthday. Service was good. Food was good.Special Features:
- We had a terrific meal, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2012We had a terrific meal, everything was cooked perfectly and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Safari SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012We enjoyed the Safari Steakhouse very much! My husband and I both got the prime rib special which was a great deal! Our food was delicious and service wonderful....I wish I could remember names.....I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope to return next time we stay at Taj Mahal!Special Features:
- Compared to the other SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2012Compared to the other Steak Places like Ruth Chris or Mortons, this place was average. It was a little Romantic but I expected more for the price.Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2012Great food and service. The 35$ 3 course meal was a great deal. I got the lobster bisque, prime rib and creme brûlée.Special Features:
- The service was impeccable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012The service was impeccable. The menu was varied and offered a great steak house selection. They offered a price fixed menu that was just perfect combination of quality and quantity. Portions we hug. The dessert menu was fabulous – we had Grand Marnier Soufflé and Crème Brule that was out of this world!Special Features:
- Great food - quiet enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2012Great food - quiet enough to hold a good conversation at your table. From the bread, to the main dish (steak) to the side dishes, everything was wonderful. And, being able to use Comps earned at Taj was a bonus! Great restaurant!Special Features:
- Filet Mignon was a bit tough.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2012Filet Mignon was a bit tough. Not quite up to par with comparable fine steakhouses but not bad. The safari decor needs to be done away with. Reminds me of Rain Forest cafe.
- I could not make it on Friday,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012I could not make it on Friday, but did go Saturday. The food was great as well as my favorite waitress, Vanessa.Special Features:
- This is always a rest. weluvtoeatVIPDined on 6/11/2012This is always a rest. we good to if we can get a resv. on Open Table. We do enjoy the price fixe great deal and great food.Special Features:
- I have eaten here at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2012I have eaten here at least a half dozen times and I have always been amazed by how good everything is. Service is great, very polite and attentive...food is outstanding and desserts are wonderful.Special Features:
- Overall I thought the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Overall I thought the food was delicious. The lobster bisque delicious and the bone in Rib eye melted in your mouth 2 thumbs upSpecial Features:
- Great food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2012Great food and good service. Not much for ambiance. Still, I would go again.Special Features:
- The decor although appropriatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012The decor although appropriately themed, is a bit cheesy and gives the restaurant an outdated appearance. Our waiter could've been more attentive, but the food (as always), was absolutely delicious.Decor is a bit cheesy & our waiter could've been more attentive, but the food (as always), was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- I do not like that the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012I do not like that the waiter took my credit card to pay the bill and did not come back for almost 15 minutes and then when I wanted to leave he forgot a pen and then I had to get up and find him to sign the bill!Special Features:
- Our service was not good hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Our service was not good had to tell waiter couple of times to bring things to the table.They had the heat on was very hot asked about it couldn't regulate it then put on the air and it was freezing.Was not a good time for Mother's Day Brunch.
- The food was excellent. TheKarenMDined on 5/12/2012The food was excellent. The service was a little slow but very friendly. I would dine there again, but later in the evening.
- The food was good and we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012The food was good and we had a good time. The only problem was that they did not have our reservation. We were able to get a table at the time we wanted to but they said they had no record of the reservation from open table!
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012Food was good but service was absolutely horrible!!!!!!Special Features:
- We can always ciount on aKatoeDined on 5/5/2012We can always ciount on a good meal at the SteakhouseSpecial Features:
- The lamb was cooked to perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The lamb was cooked to perfection and the sauce was wonderful. The clams casino were the best we have had in recent memory and the lobster bisque was full of rich flavor.Special Features:
- The first server that tookOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012The first server that took our drink order was so impatient that he acutally only took two out of five drink orders and walked away. I couldn't believe it. He did not even ask a second time for the others to order a drink. They did not hear him the first time because of the noise and they were looking at the menus. When he came back with two drinks. I had to tell him to take the others drink order before we ordered our dinner. He acted like we were bothering him.
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Great food. Great service. Bit expensive. Tacky, dated decor.Special Features:
- No complaints from this customerKarlajeanieVIPDined on 4/21/2012Very Happy with my choice to dine at the Safari. The Rib eye on the bone was the best I ever had. They gave us different types of breads that were very tasty and the sides were very large and cooked perfectly. We had a wonderful time, the service was very good.Special Features:
- We have eaten here quite aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012We have eaten here quite a few times and have always been very pleased with both the service and the food. Although the food was still top shelf, the service was terrible. Our waiter did not bring all of our food and when asked for it brought the wrong thing. Our friend wanted horseradish sauce with his meal and it did not come until he was finished. Two had ordered baked potatoes and they did not come with the meal and when requested again, they brought mashed and gave it to a person who had not even ordered the potatoes, the baked finally arrived as we were finishing. We would dine here again but would make sure we did not have the same waiter.Special Features: