Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place
29 East MacArthur Place
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macarthurplace.com/
- Phone: 7079333191
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:00am, Daily Lunch: 11:30am - 2pm, Daily Dinner: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Mieloch 7079333191
- Entertainment: Live jazz is featured on Friday nights (please call for schedule).
A word from Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place
As Sonoma's premiere steakhouse, we specialize in artesian raised beef, USDA prime steaks, chops, and fresh seafood. Saddles martini bar offers over fourteen signature oversized martinis. Saddles wine list has earned the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" the past two years. Saddles is located in our historic barn. Relax and enjoy comfortable leather sofas, original paintings and unique seating in authentic western saddles. Outdoor dining is also available on our beautiful veranda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saddles Steakhouse - MacArthur Place reviews from OpenTable diners
- Satisfy your steak cravingFeedMeDined on 6/14/2013Plus: Great food, especially the steak Pleasant, friendly, attentive service Minus a little dark inside dessert just OK (I love dessert and want it to be memorable) on the expensive side The special beet salad was very good. A little too sweet for my taste, but that was as advertised, so it was not a surprise. I had pot roast and my mom had New York steak. I loved the pot roast. Mom said there were some gristles in the steak, but it tasted great. We split the apple crisp for dessert and it was good, but not noteworthy. There is a covered veranda that would be a great place for semi-outdoor dining. It had a roof, but the sides were all open. I recommend coming here with meat eaters for special occasions.Special Features:
- Sizzling steakJK13Dined on 6/5/2013All around good food. great service and perfect ambience. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good NY Strip cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/4/2013Very good NY Strip cooked to order (but not perfection), pleasant surroundings, excellent waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food?JammyDined on 5/31/2013We came for the beef. The prime rib seemed to not have been age long enough. It came cooked as requested - medium rare by three guests, but it was very tough. Really tough. The filet mignon were tough and dry. The mixed veggies were dry.Calamari was tough and I'm not sure the rock shrimp actually was rock shrimp. The triplet condiment dishes were great. Fresh baguettes from a local bakery would be better than the bread served. It was warm but tasted like the frozen bake-off bread you buy at the grocery store. I usually don't offer a critique like this because I usually know within reason what to expect. I'd heard great things about the beef and was willing to pay the price, but the quality, nuance, and flavor just didn't show up for dinner.
- Poor service but great fooddaijonesVIPDined on 5/26/2013Great food but slow service, last time there for dinner was much better but breakfast both days was slow also, shame because it is a nice restaurant and food is great. Wine list was a bit week also considering this is the heart of wine country.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2013Mediocre service, great surroundings. Prime rib was on the tasteless side; overcooked vegetables. Expected much more from a Sonoma restaurant.
- Nice SelectionWendyDined on 5/9/2013Service for dinner was much better than breakfast. Food selection was good. Quality and presentation were nice. It did not meet all the positive reviews I had read but was better than most in Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib ,HalibutOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/4/2013Service is attentive and unobtrusive . Most side dishes are al carte .The prime rib is served with a big azz baked potato . And the good part is you get a tray with all the extras you can pile on .Butter , sour cream . and chunky , real bacon bits .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as it use to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/1/2013We have been dining at this restaurant since its' inception. However, on this visit, we were underwhelmed. The food was not as tasty, & the service was barely adequate.Special Features:
- okaygeobirdDined on 4/28/2013I've been to Saddles for dinner. This was the first time for lunch. There were three other tables with diners, one of which was just leaving. The place wasn't busy at all, which I thought it would be. The place is nice. I like the ambience. The kitchen was rather slow, especially considering the few customers there were. The food was good. A salmon nicoise salad was tasty -- lots of flavors happening. Appetizer of fried shrimp and calamari was very good -- we could have had two of those. Caesar salad and chicken Caesar were good, as was a steak quesidilla. Lunch menu is limited, but there are enough selections to satisfy. It's a casual menu -- salads, burgers, sandwiches, one pasta dish, and some steaks.
- Saddles has been a local favoriteEhmmDined on 4/21/2013Saddles has been a local favorite for quite a while. I was pleasantly surprisd to find it quiet - we had the room to ourselves and very knowedgable and attentive service. especially in relation to the wines. many on the list we unfamiliar to use. We described our preferences and our server provided the perfect selection! Excellent. We will defininetly be returning.....Special Features:
- My only knock was one server,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013My only knock was one server, (not our waiter) forgot to bring us the requested condiment with our oysters and we had to ask again from our waiter. Our waiter on the other hand delivered exceptional service. Food was very good but not exceptional. I was satisfied that we received our monies worth. We shall return.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse on a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013Great steakhouse on a quiet street away from the crowds in downtown Sonoma. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Saddles was an enjoyable dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Saddles was an enjoyable dinning experience. The food was delicious and moderately priced. The portions were a good sized. Overall, we were very satisfied with our entire experience.Special Features:
- We live in Sonoma my reviewFinallyVIPDined on 4/6/2013We live in Sonoma my review of the restaurant has changed. It's a nice place for steaks which are good not great. their menu is priced like Redd's in Yountville, no comparison . Redd is light years ahead and menu price is the same. Just don't order the wine it will kill your welfare check. One think nice about Saddles the corkage fee goes to charity! That's so cool. Redd's corkage is ridiculous $25 goes to their bottom line. I think Saddles Happy Hour pricing is superb, you should try it!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Wonderful Birthday night! Thank you for great service and a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Food was great, variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Food was great, variety of salads, cheeses, fruit. The granola is the best, and I would never say that about granola. After that, oysters, shriimp, crab, mussels or prime rib. Dessert was incredible, lots of variety, the chocolate cake was very chocolaty. Crab was cracked in a way that allowed easy picking. Service was excellent, lots of mimosas went around, plates always changed. This is the way I remember Easter Brunches. I frequent Sonoma often, and have tried all the places, because my children live there, I would say Saddles it one of the very best restaurants in Sonoma.Special Features:
- Prime Rib at medium rare wasVPZ1950VIPDined on 3/26/2013Prime Rib at medium rare was more well done than medium rare. Overall service and quality of everything else was very good.
- We had a party of 10 thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013We had a party of 10 that included 2 small children. I began with a cocktail recommendation from our server, Leah, since I wanted a different martini: The Lemon Brulee Martini. Loved it! We started out with the fried Calamari--delicious! The specials were wonderful--I had the sole with spinach and just what I needed--a healthy dinner after a day of splurging at the Cheese Factory. Ambiance was perfect with fireplace lit and lighting soft. Several in our party had the salmon special. Although everyone was very full after dinner, there was room to share the yummy Baked Alaska. We had two small children with us and the server promptly brought their mac and cheese as soon as she could, but crayons and a place mat to color while waiting.Special Features:
- our server Carol is alwaysLadiesWhoLunchVIPDined on 3/25/2013our server Carol is always efficient, professional and lovely !Special Features:
- Strange servicelovesonomaDined on 3/19/2013I love the decor of the restaurant, but the service is always strange. Our dinner entree arrived before our salads, and the entire night our meal was mixed up with the table next to us. Instead of apologizing for the mixup and moving on, she made a joke of the mixup each time she approached the table. The whole evening was very awkward. Don't think I will go back for a while.
- Prime Rib PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2013This was our 2nd time dining at Saddles. For years I have been disappointed in the flavor, texture, quality of prime rib I ordered in various restaurants. So, I was a bit leery to try it again. Previously, I ordered the Pot Roast at Saddles and that was very good. Man, oh, man! Was I glad I gave it a try -- cooked perfectly, real meat texture (not sawdusty, rubbery) and the flavor -- absolutely perfect! The portion was very good and the meat was a nice, thick cut. Couldn't have been better! The baked potato wasn't wonderful -- next time I'll try something else but will definitely order the prime rib. It is fabulous! My husband ordered the rib steak and he loved it, too!Special Features:
- Overall I was not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Overall I was not impressed. Extremly loud. Service needed to be sharper. My husband had full dinner with a rib eye steak. I had a New York with a bake potatoe side. My husband was happy with his dinner. I however was not given a new york cut steak but something that looked like part of a rib eye. I told the waiter that it was not a new york steak and the potatoe was not cooked thoughly. Your chef needs to brush up on identifying his cuts of meats. Our dinner was served to us and we had to wait for a steak knife to even begin our meal. Four different personel walked by our table and we were finaly able to flag down someone to please bring us our utensils. We are local and have been to your resturant before and was looking foward..
- Loved the boots & saddles!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013Very good food with great presentation. Waiter hardly spoke English and only checked on us twice.Special Features:
- It was my mom's birthday andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013It was my mom's birthday and they seated us in a cozy corner. The staff very attentive, without being in your face. Food was prepared perfectly, and we just had a great time.Special Features:
- Food was very good. The onlySonomaDined on 2/18/2013Food was very good. The only complaint is the Caesar salad for TWO was about a half a cup of lettuce per person, extremely small, especially when an extra leaf or two of lettuce won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Great Steak!JillianMarieDined on 2/14/2013Good place to eat for Valentines day! Great food... The steak was nice and tender and the drinks were great. I would go there again.Special Features:
- We had a lovely prixe fixRustymom64VIPDined on 2/14/2013We had a lovely prixe fix Valentine's dinner here. All courses were delicious, well paced and no one rushed us!Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Loved the atmosphere and the bartender was great. We had the tableside Caesar for 2, very good. I got the Filet with Mushrooms and red wine demi glace and it was great. My wife got the ribeye. It was cooked well, but infused with so much rosemary that she was still tasting it the following day. One the service too,I'm a bit torn. The waiter was very good, checked in often enough without being overbearing. My issue was with the hostess. We showed up 15 minutes early, and while there were plenty of empty tables, we waited for 15-20 minutes while she pretended to look at a computer screen. We were then stuck at a corner table next to a large and loud party. Personally , I will not go back to Saddles, too many good alternatives.
- Loved the special "old time"BradVIPDined on 1/28/2013Loved the special "old time" menu with tableside creations of ceasar salad and crepes.
- Prime rib was good could haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Prime rib was good could have been seasoned more. Rack of lamb was very good. Delicious vegetables.
- Wrap your lips around this !OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/21/2013Real beef .Prime rib is my favorite. Service is professional but low key .Been here 8 times and go back often. Especially when I want a straight forward meal without a lot of artsy fartsy " creativity " .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday indeedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Fantastic birthday dinner! Service was great! Food was great! I will be back!!!Special Features:
- From seating, to server, toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2013From seating, to server, to waitress, all were well mannered and never made us feel rushed. time to enjoy the atmosphere, especially the fireplace. Cautioned that one menue item would take longer to prepare, but that was on the menue, and again reinforced by the waitress. Both our meals were served at same time and that was appreciated. Food quality very good. The chocolate cake sinful, but why not enjoy. We asked for our picture to be taken and staff was pleasant and graciously did it for us. Entire evening was a wonderful way to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- When you walk into SaddlesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/11/2013When you walk into Saddles and see the cowboy boots up the stairs, you know that you have arrived someplace special. In addition to the western ambience, the wait staff was both warm and attentive. Our dinners were amazing and portions were generous. We would highly recommend to others!Special Features:
- The best steak dinner in SonomaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013The best steak dinner in Sonoma County. The rest of the menu is also excellent.Special Features:
- not to our liking. the artSharVIPDined on 1/1/2013not to our liking. the art work (horses) on the wall and the "saddle" chairs in the waiting area were a bit much. We knew the place is called Saddles but it was a bit overdone! Sometimes people don't know when to quit when decorating... Companions steak was very dry, creamed spinach was wilted spinach plopped in a mass of cream! Not wanting beef I opted for the pumpkin ravioli which I envisioned to be savory like a roasted butternut squash ravioli. NOT - it was sweet - period - no spices and again laying in a plate of sweet cream sauce. Even though it said ravioli in a sage cream sauce, it was not what I was expecting. I was hoping for more of a sage flavor but the 2 little pieces of sage didn't add much flavor..Good salad though.
- This was are 1st time to vistDiner3Dined on 12/25/2012This was are 1st time to vist your establishment. The menu for Christmas was very accomadating for everyone. We enjoyed the wine list and dessert was very scrupous. We would like more information on the lodge and the accomadations,in the summer time. Thank you the vist with our daughter was very rewarding.Special Features:
- This was our first and definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012This was our first and definitely our last time at this restaurant. Granted it was Xmas Day and they had several large parties, but the food was very mediocre - it was a prix fixe menu. Terrible salad - we had scallopsfor our entree - overcooked and no taste. The dessert was the only tasty part of the meal. And the service was strange - seemed that they were shorthanded as our waitress kept coming to our table to say "I'll be right back, I have a party of 21 to take care of first...." Decor is also weird, unless you REALLY like horses
- We were there Christmas night.sonomasailorVIPDined on 12/25/2012We were there Christmas night. There was a set menu (selection of 3 entrees) that was wonderful. I had a filet mignon that was the best I've ever had. The service was courteous & prompt, but not rushed. The only downside were the deteriorating leather chairs which must have been decades old, as the innards were depleted, leaving the seats awkwardly low.Special Features: