Saddle Ranch Chop House - Universal
1000 Universal Hollywood Drive
Universal City, CA 91608Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Universal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesaddleranch.com/
- Phone: (818) 760-9680
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Saddle Ranch Chop House is available for all of your special event needs, including private parties - big and small, photo and film shoots, corporate events and more! Please contact our Special Events Department at 818-788-2239 x4.
- Private Party Contact: The Events Team 8187882239x4
- Entertainment: Two mechanical bulls provide endless entertainment for riders and bystanders alike. Our huge outdoor patio features fire pits for roasting your own S'mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire and dozens of TV's are available for watching all of your favorite sporting events!
- Special Events: Saddle Ranch Chop House is available for all of your special event needs, including private parties - big and small, photo and film shoots, corporate events and more! Please contact our Special Events Department at 818-788-2239 x4.
A word from Saddle Ranch Chop House - Universal
Saddle Ranch Chop House is a destination restaurant where guests stay long after their plates have been cleared to enjoy a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Our concept is “Rock Meets Western”, which comes to life in every aspect of the construction, décor and operation of these unique restaurants, merging the feel of an Aspen ski lodge with the style of an old Western saloon. Every Saddle Ranch has a large outdoor patio with campfire pits for roasting s’mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire. Inside is a large, inviting bar and, of course, our signature mechanical bull providing endless entertainment to diners. Serving up home-style cooking and down-home hospitality, our staff will make your group feel like you are dining at a close friend’s table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Universal reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great to finish the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great for family groups, BBQ ribs are great and also de NY Steak with fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fun!JT123Dined on 11/10/2014Saddle Ranch is great! I had never been to the one in Universal City Walk. It is off season for the park so it's not as busy as it usual which was nice. The staff was great, the food was good. Can't go wrong;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about it is just OK.Kdub1219Dined on 10/18/2014The food is just okay (could be hotter), the beer is just okay (could be colder), and the service is almost non existent. Don't even think of asking for the beer selection or a recommendation from the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a water hole...tahoegrasshopperDined on 10/18/2014and we got one. We were there mostly to get our buzz on before Horror Nights, which was accomplished. Good choice of liquors behind the bar. The only negative would be if you are sitting for long periods of time in the booths, it can get a bit uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food, mediocre serviceNormalDinerDined on 10/12/2014We were excited to go here for breakfast. Computer wasn't working, so they couldn't confirm our reservation for 8. After waiting, they put us inside, it appeared because we had kids. They had tables on the patio and everyone else was outside. The fans were blowing, it was freezing, and they couldn't turn them off without also turning off the interior lights. They were not very attentive.Brought 2 of the kids' meals out 10 minutes after the other 6 people. Server also had to check back about what we had ordered, because apparently he couldn't remember. For the inconveniences, said dessert was on him, then brought a single bag of cotton candy. The food was pretty good, but the service and cold room made for a stressful eating experience..
- May be OK if you don't want alcoholrchapmanDined on 10/12/2014We were there for Sunday breakfast at 9:00 AM. They have a bar, but there is a University Studios rule that alcohol cannot be served until 10:00 AM. Therefore, our party dawdled so that two of us could order a drink before entering the park. We placed our order at 9:40 AM and asked our waitress if we could have the first drinks made at 10:00 AM, which she thought we could since she turned our order in so early. After that, patrons sat at the bar, and after 10:00, I could see them all getting served. By 10:12, our drinks had not been made, so I hailed our waitress and cancelled our drinks, so we could get into the park. Overall Service = Fair for Kelly = Very Good, bartender = Poor. The food was fine. Employees could not interface OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for our eventJayRyVIPDined on 10/6/2014We went for a staff lunch so the vibe was fun for that. Drinks and food were okay but our service from Becca was fantastic!! You gotta order the cotton candy tower for funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GramisiDined on 9/27/2014The dancing should start earlier. Plus, there should be country music too.
- Great timelvdannyDined on 9/7/2014We were in LA for a family reunion and decided to visit Saddle Ranch because one of us had been there before. Portions were large, All you can drink Mimosa's were a nice touch. Food was very good.Special Features:
- What's not to like?CardinalfangtoyouDined on 9/7/2014We love Saddle Ranch Chop House! The staff make you feel at home and we are always rewarded with a treat tailored for our party, whether it is a round of shots, or a plate full of S'mores Fixings we always end the meal with a smile. We love their food and the view of the Universal Studios guests hustling and bustling about. The food is fair priced and you never go away hungry!Special Features:
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Worst service I've ever had. Server only came once- and that was to take our order. He never checked back with us. Never recieved any drink refills. Finally after 30 min a manager stopped by and asked if we needed anything. We asked him for the check and he said a server would be right with us. After another 15 minutes, no server came by to drop off our check. We went to the host desk to ask for the manager again. The host was standing up there texting on her phone in front of other guests who were waiting to be seated. The server stopped by the table next to us 7 times. Yet he couldnt stop by us for 10 seconds? Definitely will never return to this location. Excellent jalapeno mac & cheese though!Special Features:
- Great spot for Brunch!urbangirl1008Dined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend & I loved our pre-Universal Studios brunch at Saddle Ranch! They have brunch every day with $10 unlimited mimosas & bloody marys (they are interchangeable- which was awesome!!) until 3 pm. They have specialty mimosas and bloody marys also, so we had a blast trying all of the different flavors. The food was good- the jalapeno mac & cheese is great, but it's a BIG portion. We ordered that as well as a brunch plate and a sandwich and we probably could have fed 3 more people with all the food we had. It was warm under the tent (we sat in the the patio area) but as can be expected on a hot day. We will definitely be back to this place every time we come to Universal!Special Features:
- Family Daytime vs EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014It's a great place for the family during the day but in the evening it turns into a bar hopping event. The food is great and has a great atmosphere. The service was average for that large of a restaurant. We went to in the morning for brunch and we enjoyed their food but you could see how in the evening it would turn into a non-family affairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014food was good and service was good but the tables were sticky they are wiped down once but were still sticky and they rocked unevenly
- Bad service, good foodUnsatisfiedDined on 8/24/2014Our server did not come for 25 minutes not even for our drink order. When he came we order everything in fear he would not come back for a while. We were served our bread and butter before our drinks. Then our appetizer of ribs and fries came, still with no silverware or napkins even though we asked for both. We were told the back was backed up, hard to believe as there were only 4 tables inside. We got our silverware with dinner, I had a steak that was delicious! Came with veggies and garlic mashed potato. Then they forgot I said it was my moms birthday which the host said we got an option of smores or cotton candy but our serve didnt give the option and brought cotton candy. Which was huge, but sad because we really wanted the smores!Special Features:
- i didnt enjoy myself.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014i just didnt enjoy the service nor the food i dont think ill be returning .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Service was OK food was not that great. I ordered medium rare steak and they brought out well done. Told the waitress about it and she took it away. Waited about 15 minutes later a different person brought it out and stated is this OK? And she looks like i gave them a hard time. The manager went around to every tables and greeted people which was nice but waiters n waitresses should be more friendlier since the place have people from all over the world there.Special Features:
- So disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014This was a sweet 16 party and it was a complete disaster. Wait staff were rude and extremely slow. Food was awful and two of the six ended up without edible dinners. The table they gave us was unsatisfactory and when I requested to be moved their answer was " this is the only table available". My menu was sticky with at least three pages smudge with some sort of sauce. The whole experience was horrible, I will not go back again nor will I recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2014Restaurant was run down and filthy. Hostess was incredibly rude & argumentative. Server was amazing & super friendly. Nachos were fantastic everything else I would pass. Had no other option and will never go back!
- Niece graduation partyQunDivaDined on 8/2/2014Thanks Saddle Ranch for hosting my niece graduation/going off to college dinner. We had a wonderful time and everything was PRETTY. Our waiter Van was patience and was there for everything we needed. Thanks again for hosting my niece celebration. See you soon ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014First time, made a reservation but they were able to get us in earlier. Amazing service! Kenny was awesome, didnt have to ask for anything, fast service, great attitude, friendly. I would definetly come back. Food was great, absolutely love the adios! Its hard to find places that make it that perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family enjoyed mealHappyNYCDined on 7/29/2014After universal, my family and a few friends drop by for some good steak. Overall service was great. The bull riding is a must.Special Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the Saddle Ranch Chop House - Universal reviews archive.
- JohnnyDoeDined on 7/20/2014The staff at Saddle Ranch was awesome! We had a really big group and they did everything they could do accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceReviewerDined on 7/19/2014Our order was messed up and then it took an additional 22 min to get the right steakSpecial Features:
- Not impressedGreatVIPDined on 6/22/2014The service was slow and even to get water we had to ask several times. The utinsels were cheap...the fork was bending holding on to my steak that was not cooked correctly and which was very thin. Ordered a beer and they ran out of the one I wanted. The wine I ordered was served in plastic
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I wish I could remember the name of our server. He was excellent! We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great!KariVIPDined on 6/6/2014After a day at Universal our family of 4 were hungry & tired. Our server was amazing! Had our drinks out quickly, suggested Mac & cheese for the appetizer, so I could get the kids something healthier for dinner. The food was delicious & how fun is it that you can order s'mores & make them outside on the BBQ pit?!! Perfect ending to our day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceLoloDined on 6/4/2014Booked a table for 10:30 pm, including a note that we might be there earlier than 10:30. We got there before 10pm and were not given a table because our waiter was on a break until 10:30. After we finally got our table a few minutes before 11 PM, we were ready to eat right away as it was very late. Our waiter took our order before taking another break! (Not sure if it's the same waiter the receptionist was referring to when we first got there). Two of our friends did not get their food as our waiter was mistaken our order before she left on her break. They got their food after she returned from her break. They had to just take their food home as it was too late. It was almost midnight.Special Features:
- Love itTeachDined on 6/4/2014I come once a year with my class of students. The food is great. The service is always amazing.the bull riding for only $4.00 is Los great and a lot of fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Not what my wife and I were expecting. Despite the name, there was nothing country-like to this place (besides the décor). The sides and bread were excellent but the entree's were not very good. The steak wasn't bad, but I've had better seasoned steaks at Cracker Barrel; I didn't even use the Jack Daniels sauce because it did not taste right. My wife's fired chicken was smothered in a sauce that she didn't care for and the breading was soggy. Had several people try to market products to us during dinner. Generally, not the romantic evening away from the kids we were hoping for.Special Features:
- Not a very good experienceTanner26Dined on 5/25/2014We had a group of 10 for an 8:40pm reservation. When we arrived that the table had already been prepared. When we got to check in, the seater explained that we would now be at the top of the list and it should only be 10 minutes. It took 1/2 hour. We ordered across the board, a couple of prime ribs dinners, a salad, a couple of burgers, and one ordered french toast. The wait was reasonable, but everything began to unravel. No steak knife for one of the prime rib dinners, no sweet potato casserole and after asking twice, it never did arrive. The french toast guy asked for butter as it wasn't brought to the table and they brought horseradish sauce. They tried making it right with free desserts, but charged us fully for all orders!!!
- BULL RIDIN' BRUNCHJANDiZDined on 5/18/2014Our server could not have been quicker to refill our drinks, best service as far as anticipating our thirst! Manager came over 3 times - once to check on an allergy order. Then they had a guitar duo take requests at every table. Nice And my salad was surprisingly healthy & delicious.Special Features:
- Great serviceGood4tuckerDined on 5/15/2014A little put off by the first impression of the staff...piercings, tattoos, neon hair color........ However, the staff couldn't have been nicer! We had great service, really great. The food was excellent, although we ordered too much with appetizers. The only cons..... Drinks were served in plastic instead of glass, they don't stay cold, especially beer. It was 100 degrees that day, so we chose to eat inside, thinking it would be cooler. There is no air conditioning, just ceiling fans and the one near us and several others weren't working, so it was very hot inside. Overall we had a very good experience and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceAllAboutServiceDined on 5/11/2014Slow service. Food was okay. Server was very good. Seemed to be understaffed on Mother's day and the restaurant was not crowded.Special Features:
- Bottomless Mimosas!eldabeeeDined on 5/11/2014The feel and atmosphere is relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Food was good. Service was poor. Our waitress hardly came to our table. Big difference since it was suppose to be bottomless drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- turn upHairByLurronDined on 5/3/2014saddle ranch is always great ive been like 4 times in the last 2 months and me and my girls have the time of are life each time even if its just on a weekday for a quick bite to eat there greatSpecial Features:
- birthdaybirthdayfunDined on 5/1/2014I reserved a table here for my birthday. Let me tell you it was wonderful. Our server took really good care of us. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!CrystalDined on 4/27/2014This was a great place! Good food, good prices, good service! They had a singer going from table to table playing guitar and singing song requests. Then a really cool bull ride. The cotton candy looked amazing. We ordered the smores and it was really cool to have them in the fire pits! I would recommend this place for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLondon5Dined on 4/26/2014We had an amazing time. The food was good and the service was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.