Saddle Ranch Chop House - Sunset
8371 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Sunset
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesaddleranch.com/
- Phone: (323) 656-2007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am to 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am to 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Saddle Ranch Chop House offers a great catering menu for all occasions, parties, and events. Please contact our Special Events Department at 818-788-2239 x4
- Private Party Facilities: Saddle Ranch Chop House is available for all of your special event needs, including private parties - big and small, photo and film shoots, corporate events and more! Please contact our Special Events Department at 818-788-2239 x4.
- Private Party Contact: The Events Team 8187882239x4
- Entertainment: A mechanical bull in the center of the dining room provides endless entertainment for riders and bystanders alike. Our outdoor patio features fire pits for roasting your own S'mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire and dozens of TV's are available for watching all of your favorite sporting events! We have everything from our Bull Contest on Mondays to Super Star Karaoke on Tuesday nights. Join us for bottomless Bloody Mary's and Mimosas every day until 3pm or Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-630pm.
- Cross Street: Between Sweetzer and La Cienega
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is $.99 during the day Monday thru Firday, $2.99 during the day on Saturday and Sunday and $4.75 every day after 4pm. There is also street parking available nearby. Valet parking is only for guests while dining at Saddle Ranch.
A word from Saddle Ranch Chop House - Sunset
Saddle Ranch Chop House is a destination restaurant where guests stay long after their plates have been cleared to enjoy a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Our concept is “Rock Meets Western”, which comes to life in every aspect of the construction, décor and operation of these unique restaurants, merging the feel of an Aspen ski lodge with the style of an old Western saloon. Every Saddle Ranch has a large outdoor patio with campfire pits for roasting s’mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire. Inside is a large, inviting bar and, of course, our signature mechanical bull providing endless entertainment to diners. Serving up home-style cooking and down-home hospitality, our staff will make your group feel like you are dining at a close friend’s table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Sunset - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Service was very slow. Order missing items. Cold food by the time it all came together. Server was good, as she did her bestSpecial Features:
- Fun 'eats' on the Sunset StriprocmimaDined on 11/4/2014I totally liked this place. It's perfect for the Sunset Strip. The ribs were meaty and tasty, the kale salad was super fresh and I had an awesome cocktail called the "Texas Tea Party", a huge Long Island Ice Tea that was awesome. Our waiter, Gabriel provided great service. I wasn't brave enough to ride the bull but had fun watching others attempt it. If you're a sports fan or music video fan, there's plenty of flat screens to view while enjoying your meal and socializing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We received red carpet treatment, and we're just commoners! :) The steak was wonderful, and the place has a great vibe! Definitely will return!Special Features:
- Great TimeGingerDined on 10/18/2014Nick Rawks We all had a wonderful time... I would stringly suggest The Saddle Ranch for a fun time..Special Features:
- HAD FUNCANTWA8Dined on 10/18/2014WAITERS WERE GREAT. WE HAD 13 PEOPLE IN OUR PARTY AND EVERYONE ENJOYED THE FOOD EXCEPT FOR 1 RETURNED PLATE. SOME OF THE FOOD WAS COLD, BUT WE REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME. WE HAD A BACHELORETTE PARTY GROUP AND ALL THAT REALLY MATTERED WAS THAT THE BRIDE WAS HAPPY-AND SHE WAS. WE RODE THE BULL AND WE REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME. WE WILL COME BACK FOR SURE.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014I came for my birthday, there were 8 of us...dinner was good, however they messed my burger up...wanted it well done and it was still very pink in the middle, but they made it right and the manager Amy bought us all shots for their mistake...great night overall!!Special Features:
- Good experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The saddle ranch was a friendly and buzzing restruant with amazing service from our waiter to the management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, top night outMolloyDined on 9/14/2014Erin our waitress was very attentive, our table was situated next to bull ring to add atmosphere.great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waittress melanieireneeDined on 9/13/2014Very helpful with the menue and what she recommend she was awesome. I also liked when melanie came out with the cotton candy surprise for my sister. Thank you so much for your hard work.Special Features:
- Great spot for any occasionMeowDined on 9/2/2014I love coming here. The service, the food, the drinks - everything is just right! I work with a lot of people from abroad and I love bringing them here to experience a little Wild West in the City of Angels. Saddle Ranch is great for groups and the casual atmosphere makes this place even more special to me. This place is cool without trying too hard like many other 'fancy' places here in Hollywood. The food is without bells and whistle yet can easily compete with a bunch of finer dining places here in town. And let's not forget the mechanical bull - every guys' favorite moment when a hot girl with a slight buzz climbs onto the bull - simply delightful!Special Features:
- starDined on 8/31/2014I went to Sunday Brunch with a friend. When you first arrived there was complimentary lemonade. The wait staff is very attentive. I enjoyed watching people try to conquer the bull ride. The drinks are watered down a bit. I had bottomless mimosas and I felt like I had been drinking fruit juice all afternoon.Special Features:
- great birthdaysilverDined on 8/30/2014Had a great 21st birthday, the place is awesome.. The ambiance was great, good laughsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Brunch is worth itjobisierra14Dined on 8/23/2014Go for the bottomless brunch, stay for the bull ride and the handsome waiters. Really, I haven't found a bottomless brunch that compares. For $9.99, with a meal, it's all you can drink mimosas and bloody Mary's (they have 5 kinds of each) until 3pm. Cannot be beat and DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingCanadianDined on 8/14/2014Novel concept, plenty of good food, good service, what more would you want?Special Features:
- Busy and Loud, but GoodMichiganTransportDined on 8/9/2014We arrived, and even with making a reservation, had to wait about 15 minutes before being seated. We were seated outside, which was great since it was very, VERY loud inside. However, the heater by our table was not lit so after asking 3 different people at least 5 times to have it turned on, we were told by a manager that it is "touchy" and doesn't always work and that was a night it wasn't working. Once we had a few drinks we warmed up. Food was good. Server was great but definitely seemed a bit overwhelmed. Good food!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedFamilyOfThreeVIPDined on 8/8/2014To be honest, we went here because we were staying at the hotel next door and didn't want to drive. We didn't expect much. But the service was great -- when our server was busy, the manager stepped in and took our orders without us even asking. The drinks were STRONG and half price for happy hour. Ribs were excellent - and we are rib snobs. Nachos were both huge and tasty. Even the slider appetizer our daughter had for dinner came with fries, and there were six big sliders. Yes, it's a touristy chain place, but no complaints from us when the food is this good, the service is on point, and the place is a lot of fun. Most amazingly, we came from Texas to Hollywood for my partner to ride a mechanical bull!Special Features:
- Great foodSaywatucDined on 8/6/2014I have been to this restaurant twice and had great food both times. The meat is tender and succulent. Inside can get quite noisy so we sat outside on the 2nd occasion. There are patio heaters outside to keep you nice and warm in the evening. This is a good spot for both groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Ambiance Friendly StaffAjaneDined on 7/30/2014The food was tasty but a little overpriced but since I'm from out of town I'm not sure if that is the norm for the area. Staff was very friendly and our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Saddle Ranch Chop House - Sunset reviews archive.
- Great to watch a gamejafaraj71Dined on 7/9/2014Great place with many TVs to watch a sport game. I saw 2 world cup games on 2 different days here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome restaurantLovethefunDined on 6/27/2014Saddle Ranch is an awesome place to have fun with your friends! The mechanical bull got us all hyped up and ready to laugh and share some fantastic moments with each other! Really recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolineDined on 6/21/2014Service great !!!!!!!!! Waiters very hospitable, except drinks too much ice anf very water downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingkierraDined on 6/20/2014I absolutely loved it! Made my birthday really amazing. Everyone was great, and I love the fact that the managers walk around making sure everything is going okay. A very friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for AllObjectiveVegDined on 6/15/2014Fun environment with attentive servers. Bit of a sunset stripe seen. But the food is decent and the service is quick. Friendly local and tourist venue.Special Features:
- AmazingGreatHollywoodBarDined on 6/2/2014We had so much fun celebrating my best friends 21st bday the bull contest was awesome drinks awesome the free shots awesome food awesome service amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few issues but overall great timemyall2GodDined on 5/31/2014We had a few issues with our food but the manager step right in and did her best to fix things. We were celebrating my Best Friends Bday and she had a blast, so i would say that our night was great.Special Features:
- Fun place to celebrate!HltrDined on 5/31/2014Saddle Ranch Chop House offers atmosphere, great food, a mechanical bull to ride and did I say GREAT food ! Put on your cowboy boots and GO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallJay23Dined on 5/16/2014The food was good, great energy, but the service is a bit slow however the waiters are friendly, definitely a place I would recommend for group gatherings the atmosphere is very upbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachorlorette night on the townBachBach7Dined on 5/14/2014The service was great... It always is and the reservation process was painless and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantPaulaVIPDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant has a good menu with a fun, upbeat atmosphere. The staff is upbeat and welcoming, watching patrons ride the bull is very entertaining. Fun, lively crowd. I put this restaurant on my list for every visit to LA.Special Features:
- A Fun PlaceLetseatDined on 4/24/2014The Saddle Ranch Chop House is a fun place to dine. My favourite meal is the the babyback ribs.They are so tender, the meat just falls off the bones. This is a great place to take visitors and watch their faces when the Cotton-candy ( fairy Foss ) comes out ! It looks like Marge Simpsons hair. The waitresses are all very friendly and willing to help.Reasonably priced too. This visit our guests rode the mehnical bull ...what a laugh.Great fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been GREATPita1Dined on 4/23/2014Had birthday party here and while the food was good ( our table had the ribs, Hollywood Burger and Filet's) The service was sub par our party waited to long for arriving guests to order drinks and food and server was often no where to be found that my guest went to the bar to get drinks. Riding the bull was fun. Was asked 4 times during my party to purchase and over priced $40 hat. We are not tourists we are locals so it was annoying.Special Features:
- Favorite hangoutJaxxDined on 4/18/2014Food is amazing. Drinks are great. Fun watching the bull riding :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first timelovetopartyDined on 4/14/2014This was my first time here on a Monday, my bday, and I love it! But I wish my first time was on a weekend, n wish I would have gotten the cotton candy desert. The guy who tells me how to ride the bull was a jerk though, I really didn't appreciate that. But I will most def come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014A friend of mine and I decided to go here since neither of us had tried it before. Neither of us had lived in LA very long and decided that this seemed like a good place to try to get that down home feeling back. It definitely was. The entire staff was awesome. Particularly the manager Erick, our server Talya (probably chopped that...Sorry!) and bartender Rachael. They were extremely friendly and helpful. The mechanical bull also added some free entertainment as the riders are put up on the big screen. Even though it was a little crowded for my liking it was a great time and great food. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeJT0825Dined on 4/6/2014We went for my sister's Bachelorette party and had a wonderful time. Food was good. Service was a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry so it was okay.Special Features:
- Hot spot on SUNsetDeemoneyDined on 4/5/2014This place is great, especially for birthday parties or other types of celebrations. I would reframe from bringing children after about 8/9 pm just because the bar scene gets very crowded, however it's a great place if you're looking for constant entertainment. The only downside is that it's somewhat expensive, but hey it's a famous spot in hollywood so what else would you expect?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mechanical BullFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/29/2014I went here a few times a long time ago (when they first opened) and made it back again last week. It is still entertaining with the bull and all types of individuals trying to see how long they can last. We were there on a Friday and by the time we left, there was a pretty consistent line of riders. The food is okay. Not really a foodie location. I would call it touristy food. Split a ribeye entree (portions are overly large) and started with the spicy lettuce wraps. The wraps were surprisingly spicy and tasty. Even the lettuce leaves were large and good. I asked to sit near the bull and we got a great seat right along the pen. Our server, Nathan, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Atmosphere, Food, PeopleChristinaCDined on 3/29/2014Great restaurant with lots of atmosphere......fun, fun, fun people!!! Employees are GREAT!!! Our waiter, James was THE BEST!!! It was the first time we had all been there and it was a blast.....one of us even rode the Bull!!! The food was great....drinks perfect and service was excellent. We enjoyed ourselves....even were serenaded by the "traveling duet" that sang a great rendition of Oasis' "Wonderfall".....it was a night to remember.....THANK YOU to the fabulous staff at Saddle Ranch Chop House!! We'll be back to play again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ribs are sensational .. goodsue2uDined on 3/29/2014ribs are sensational .. good fun place for an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One spoiled, happy niece!AMalloryDVIPDined on 3/25/2014We came here as the last dinner before my brother and niece left town. I'd been before and thought it'd be a fun atmosphere. It was that and so much more! They made my niece feel special from chatting directly to her, letting her sit on the bull for a picture and even surprising her with the cotton candy tower (though we also ordered s'mores...sugar overload!). Her face lit up and she couldn't stop talking about how this was her FAVORITE! The outdoor fire pit was a super fun way to finish dinner with the s'mores too! And the food portions were huge and delicious as always! A definite favorite to ensure happy kiddos and a fun visit for out of towner's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.