Saddle Ranch Chop House - Costa Mesa
1870 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92627Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesaddleranch.com/
- Phone: (949) 287-4652
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am to 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am to 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: The Events Team 8187882239x4
- Entertainment: A mechanical bull in the center of the dining room provides endless entertainment for riders and bystanders alike. Our outdoor patio features a lounge area, pool table and 3 fire pits for roasting your own S'mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire. Watch all major sporting events on over 40 TV screens!
- Special Events: Saddle Ranch Chop House is available for all of your special event needs, including private parties - big and small, photo and film shoots, corporate events and more! Please contact our Special Events Department at 818-788-2239 x4.
A word from Saddle Ranch Chop House - Costa Mesa
Saddle Ranch Chop House is a destination restaurant where guests stay long after their plates have been cleared to enjoy a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Our concept is “Rock Meets Western”, which comes to life in every aspect of the construction, décor and operation of these unique restaurants, merging the feel of an Aspen ski lodge with the style of an old Western saloon. Every Saddle Ranch has a large outdoor patio with campfire pits for roasting s’mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire. Inside is a large, inviting bar and, of course, our signature mechanical bull providing endless entertainment to diners. Serving up home-style cooking and down-home hospitality, our staff will make your group feel like you are dining at a close friend’s table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Costa Mesa - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (34)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (25)special occasion (16)great for brunch (15)late-night find (15)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- funjaschoon2Dined on 11/2/2014A very fun place to dine. The service was great and the bbq sauce is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine with friendsDVine13Dined on 10/29/2014This is an exceptional setting for a group looking to hang out, eat good food, have drinks and enjoy the ranch type environment. A fun bonus, you can order a plate of all the ingredients to make your own s'mores outside at the fire pits! It's so versatile here, you can drink at the bar with buddies, have a romantic date, have dinner with the kids while sitting outside on the patio or host a group of people for food and drinks! Very awesome and attentive staff. Everyone is very friendly and ready to help create a great dining experience for you and your party. A place to visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryidontcookDined on 10/18/2014celebrated our anniversary with another couple celebrating theirs. Steaks, ribs and prime were very good as were the sides and desserts. Cocktails in carafes and cotton candy add a bit of whimsy in a sense. Had fun watching others ride mechanical bull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAperitifDined on 10/17/2014If you are going to Saddle Ranch Chop House for dinner don't get the BBQ chicken chop salad it was dreadful. The chicken on my salad and my sister's salad was very dry, chewy and old. The salad had maybe a teaspoon of corn in it. The ranch dressing and BBQ sauce was the only saving factor. The biscuits and corn bread was good. We also ordered the spinach artichoke dip, the dip was good but half the chips were stale and chewy, really you can't even serve fresh chips! The managers were nice and checked on us but our waiter seemed spread thin. I would only recommend this place as a bar hangout with an interesting mix of people. Just don't sit outside by the pool table because the speaker is too loud to hear your friends and they allow smoking.Special Features:
- Decent food, nothing else to par.TustinTrampDined on 10/14/2014We booked a reservation for 10, 2 weeks in advance. Staff were unaware of our appointment on arrival. 2 waitresses were assigned our table, however both were so swamped with their sections we had to find other staff to obtain consistent service. Food was decent, poor for the price, but 2 of 10 entres were incorrect or missing, it took almost an hour for the problem to be corrected. We were here for a birthday and we're hoping to stay for drinks after dinner, our servers tried really hard and were very charming however dinner was ruined, and we went elsewhere for serious libations.Special Features:
- I will definitely be backoceankittenDined on 10/11/2014We were a huge group of 17 people for brunch, and I'll admit, we were a bit unruly at times. The staff took it all in stride and service was amazing. Our bottomless drinks were quickly refilled and the waitstaff was attentive. The food was good and the brunch menu was surprisingly diverse. At the end, there were s'mores, cotton candy and a ride on the bull. The restaurant is large and expansive with roomy patio dining as well--which is where we were seated so our boisterous group didn't bother anyone. I would recommend Saddle Ranch as much for the ambiance, the food and employees who seem delighted to be there.Special Features:
- MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014This was my first visit and I expected to hear country music at a country bar. The food and service was great but I was disappointed with the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the non-boozerlocalfoodieDined on 10/5/2014Food prices were very high, $24-$29 for a steak. Steaks were good sized but not for the price. Meat was over done, vegetableso were too small and the sweet potato fries were cold. Staff was friendly bit a restaurant is judged on its food. One Star at best on food.Special Features:
- So refreshing and comfy2muchfunDined on 10/4/2014I really enjoyed my experience at Saddle Ranch! They made us feel so comfortable and it was very entertaining... Cool crowd..great drinks and my hubby loved his steak! Can't wait to go again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat n' Ride the BullTravelerDined on 10/4/2014Lots of excitement surrounding the 'Bull Ride". It made for some fun and interesting dinner entertainment. Now for the food: I had the meatloaf and my husband ordered the prawns. They were very generous portions and it was delicious!! For dessert they brought us a three foot high pink cotton candy in a large martini type glass. It was a fun way to end the meal.....made me feel like a kid again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss ItFunForAllDined on 10/3/2014Love Saddle Ranch Chop House! Have celebrated 2 group events here and loved every minute of it. Lots of Laughs, Great Hamburgers, Fun Servers, Managers visit your table and are always on top of their game, and the best part..... Smores and Cotton Candy. Don't Miss It, head over to Saddle Ranch Chop House for a fun get together now!Special Features:
- Food was good, service was awfulNothappywithserviceDined on 9/28/2014Place wasn't busy at all, had plenty of waiters/waitresses but our waiter seldom came to our table. To the table next to us of all females, he was there every 5 minutes, he never checked up on us. The manager then came over and accused one of our members of our table of drinking someone else's botulmless mimosas.Special Features:
- ExcellentpurhicuppleDined on 9/27/2014Servers were very accommodating, music was great, and Keith the manager is super hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and fun restaurantRegularDinerDined on 9/25/2014Really liked this restaurant. Went there for lunch with coworkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great food wonderful service................a must!Special Features:
- AmazingSarahNoel730Dined on 9/20/2014Food and drinks was incredible, staff was very friendly even though it was very chaotic, they all kept their cool. We were sat right by the bull so me and my boyfriend were entertained all night! I ordered a Mai Thai which I was nervous about because usually the ones I've ordered in the past were just not good, the one here at saddle ranch was absolutely amazing! Will definitely be coming back to this one again when I come back to newport! Will be in Hollywood next month for a concert and now know I want to go to saddle ranch there after such a great experience at the one in Costa Mesa! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrsbrodowskiDined on 9/19/2014We went for a birthday celebration, party of 4, with reservations via Opentable at 815. We were running late and when I called to push our table back they were very flexible an held our table. It was my first time there and it was much different than I anticipated. It was BUSY, loud, more like a bar scene. However, it was entirely entertaining with people riding the bull, people watching, friendly staff, scrumptious food and overall very pleasant experience. I have nothing negative to say. The dessert menu was fun and the cotton candy is a must BEFORE dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarrythedinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Funky place in a great location. A good find for lunch, dinner or brunch!Special Features:
- Fun and good food.NetteDined on 8/31/2014Big menu with lots of creative choices. The portions are big and the quality of food is high. The salmon was very moist. Mac and Cheese is awesome!Special Features:
- Great brunchGenaGDined on 8/31/2014We had a 10 person group for Sunday brunch. The service was great, food and selection was great. Just wish they would pour straight champagne for the bottomless mimosa/bloody mary option. I've been to several brunches and this is the only one I can recall that has a measured pour for mimosas (champagne to juice ratio was really in favor of the juice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hot Spot for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Great bar scene in a high energy setting. Plenty to do between watching sports or riding the mechanical bull.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceLiketoeatDined on 8/17/2014Our table was not ready when we arrived. It took over 45 minutes to get our food and 2 meals didn't come until 20 after that. The mashed potatoes were ice cold. We ordered dessert and it took 30 minutes for cotton candy and smores (items that are not even baked). We had to get up and get our own water refills, and was never asked if we wanted another cocktail. It was a long, painful experience.
- The food is very goodfoodsogoodDined on 8/14/2014I was very disappointed that a smoker stood near our table blowing smoke our way. I had several friends come who had never been to SR and I doubt they will come back even though they loved the food. This is the 1st time I had seen anyone smoke at SR and am sorry to say that was a HUGH set back for me as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Saddle Ranch Chop House ReviewIjesa5kDined on 8/2/2014I feel like this place is okay for now. Definitely the best place for a drink or two at the bar. You can watch your favorite rock musicians tear up the music video scene on their HDTVs. The food is great, but unfortunately the restaurant is understaffed, needs more employees and has to improve on their poor service. In addition, it would really help if you booked your reservation in advance due to the fact that there's a LOT of loud people both inside and outside the restaurant. Overall, Saddle Ranch Chop House is barely satisfactory for me and I hope to give it another chance sometime early next year. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, lousy serviceBlsquidDined on 7/30/2014I went here based on the reviews of others. Place is cowboy themed and looked fun. I was eating alone as I was traveling in LA on business. I was seated on a outdoor couch with a coffee table. Waiter arrived promptly and took my drink order. That was the last time any waiter helped me the rest of the meal. The drink never arrived. One of the managers wound up taking my order and non-waiter delivered food. Both the original waiter and a different waiter checked in but did nothing. A waiter did manage to provide me my check before I was done eating. Obvious to me they wanted me out of there. He never did take my payment - had to go to the hostess to pay my bill. Maybe a bigger party will have better service. Everyone else looked happy.
- Good Food with Fair/Poor ServiceLaggVIPDined on 7/27/2014There is bread and butter served upon ordering but we added chips and guacamole which were pretty good but could have been a little more generous on the salsa. The $15 specialty drinks are large and strong but taste like a cheap party drink. Our waiter was extremely slow at refilling water, getting our food, bill and change...and at one point he even brought someone else's dirty dishes over to pick up ours. I mentioned that I was gluten free when ordering so it was a bit disappointing when for our birthday he brought out a big chocolate chip cookie as our treat rather than the typical cotton candy. The crowed was a mix of all ages.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Saddle Ranch Chop House - Costa Mesa reviews archive.
- yikes....happyfoodieDined on 7/14/2014This review is way over- due, i didn't get my notification to write a review. Just noticed it now. We came in on 7/14/14- All i can say is service was horrific. She was so overwhelmed. It was a monday night they weren't busy. We had multiple guest walk up to the bar and order drinks because they took SO long. About 9 of us in the party all work in the business so we understand its not always the servers fault. But our apps took forever, our bread took forever. our water glasses were empty all night. Finally We went up to the manager, they weren't friendly at all, we explained what happened, and he basically came over once, and we never saw him again. A few of our entrees were cold.Food wasn't good. Manager offered us a cotton candy. REALLY?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014The food was good but had to wait quite awhile for the food.
- Plan on a long waitTammyDined on 7/5/2014The food was good, we were seated right away. The problem was the service. They were really slow to get to the table. The food took over an hour to get. I had planned on an hour and a half time before the movie we were going to see. We almost did not make it. Desert took forever, the check took forever. We were there 2 hours for lunch.Special Features:
- Vibrant New Hot SpotBeach101VIPDined on 7/3/2014The best after-work hot spot around! Worth a try just to see the gorgeous display of female pulchritude! Whew! Hard not to notice the ladies. Food is 100% FUN! How long since you ate cotton candy and onion rings on the same night? Not a gourmet hangout, but casual dining and lots of young adult singles.Special Features:
- Saddle Ranch rides highdheykoopDined on 6/29/2014Sure, it can be loud, but one look at the front of this place and you know you should be expecting a rowdy time. The service was above average. The nachos were huge. The entree servings were big. Everyone loved the food. (I recommend the pork chop.) Wendy the manager is a character and went out of her way to make sure we had a great time. If you bring the kids you probably want to avoid the weekend evenings as the bar crowd gets rolling. The Saddle Ranch can't be all things to all people, but it is a great, rowdy, fun time for the young at heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Very enjoyable experience. Nachos were great and there were lots. Had sandwiches (French dip, sloppy joe, and turkey wrap) all were very good and large. Sweet potato fries and regular fries were excellent. A Tuesday night so not a very wild scene, but there were many family groups of 7 to 12 people seemingly having a great time. Good beer selections and a very broad menu selection. Not JUST a chop house. Lots of things for kids cotton candy you won't believe, make your own samores.Special Features:
- Atrocious serviceDiningoutDined on 6/15/2014Food almost never comes. Server is clueless and when you tell her that your item didn't come, she asks,"It's not here?" Oh, and that $15 corkage fee includes her dropping the corkscrew on the table so that you can open your own bottle. Yes, all that service for $15. No, we will NEVER go back.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerravenyubDined on 6/15/2014I thought it would be jammed packed and crowded but it wasn't. Great food, drinks, and waiters and waitresses are amazing! S' mores are the best thing for the kids while the bull is fun to ride and great to watch for everyone. My whole family loved it and my dad was beyond happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnergySmileALotDined on 6/10/2014You are in for a rowdy experience, it's loud, energetic, you have to yell to talk to anyone at your table. The wait staff is nice and try hard, but never are around when you need them. We came for a birthday, they were very informed about it and never got our complimentary dessert! The bull riding is fun to watch, they have lots of tables around it for extra entertainment. The Cotton Candy drink is so unique, awesome and fun. The food is really salty, the drinks are hit or miss, either too much alcohol or not enough.Special Features:
- goodforthemomentDined on 6/3/2014We had a party of 10. My food was excellent, but had comments from others that they did not like theirs so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantfamdinerDined on 5/12/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. It was our first time and can't wait to come back. Wendy, the GM, was warm and friendly and made our experience a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014The mac n cheese......WAS DELICIOUS!!!! The crust on top...yummy! We had a variety of foods and drinks and everyone was very pleased. The bull riding was hilarious, played pool, cotton candy....just a great, really fun place!Special Features:
- Good food and atmospherepickyeaterDined on 4/17/2014First time going to Saddle Ranch and we really enjoyed it. The food was good lots to choose from, the atmosphere was nice, and the place had a great outdoor seating area for those sunny California days! The only issue is they sat 5 of us at a booth and their plates are so big we did not have enough elbow room so ask for a table. You must try the cotton candy, it is the best! We had a lot of fun we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bachelorette Night OutSJB26Dined on 4/2/2014Having never been to Saddle Ranch, I wasn't sure what to expect and I was just hoping to give my sister, the bride-to-be, a good time. The staff was extremely nice and made the entire group feel welcome. Everyone appreciated the attention to details and all the staff make the party energetic and fun. I was shocked that all the girls were so excited to ride the bull and everyone had a great time. I would definitely recommend Saddle Ranch for any group occasions. Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.