Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill
2703 Lakewood Village Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72116Neighborhood:
North Little Rock
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://saddlecreekwoodfiredgrill.com/
- Phone: (501) 812-0883
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Jon Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Henry 5018120883
A word from Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill
With a Chef inspired menu, signature wine and martini list and the atmosphere of an old Montana lodge, Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill is one of Arkansas's most unique and affordable dining experience. Tender steaks, fresh seafood and a variety of American fare including salads, pasta, chicken and pizza's prepared in a wood burning oven, Saddle Creek has something for everyone. Be it business or pleasure Saddle Creek is your restaurant for special gatherings. We have 2 private dining rooms that seat up to forty guests and offer a personalized menu designed specially for your event. In the fall/winter warm up by the fireplace or during the spring/summer relax on the patio. We offer dine-in or take-out. One of the best happy hours in town 7 Days a week from 4pm til 7pm. We hope to serve you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (6)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good, but not exceptionalJimVDined on 11/15/2014The ambiance and the service was great, but as a steak lover my "Wolf Creek Ribeye" was lacking. It was a little on the thin size, but it was well prepared. I guess that I'll try the sirloin at a later date to see if that's any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost as good as usual.BruncherDined on 11/15/2014Never had a bad experience here. Good menu. Food well prepared. Service thoughtful and attentive. Pleasant surroundings Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was noise. Service a little slow overall good.DisappointedDined on 11/14/2014The restaurant is noise. It is not a quite place to eat. Service was slow but it was good. We will go back to visit on occasion. It was probably quieter in the bar. Lots of activity in dining area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food and service at Saddle Creek are both exceptional. We will definitely be back and will recommend this restaurant to all our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle Creek 10.17.14DisappointedDined on 10/17/2014The food was very good. Service was a little slow. Waiter just did not get drinks out until the appetizers were delivered. A little disappointed with Robert.Special Features:
- Great diningrosebud1Dined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Love the filet and blackened salmon. When not wanting a full meal, enjoy eating two appetizers. You can go casual anytime or dressy for a special occasion! Usually see friends eating there, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 156 reviews are from the Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill reviews archive.
- DukeDukeDined on 6/15/2014I made reservations for Fathers Day for just the two of us, and we were seated right on time, our waitress (Jordan) was so attentive and delightful, and as usual the filet, BLT salad and potato was excellant. Our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DeanglinDined on 6/15/2014We go a couple times a month, we usually sit in the bar area, Friday nights(date night).This lunch was for Father's Day, so we booked resservstion for the family. We love the food& Rob the bartender makes world class martinis:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and I were from out of town and booked online, site unseen. We walked in expecting a decent steakhouse, but quickly noticed the filthy and worn carpet and an unpleasant smell, and were seated in a booth with torn and tape patched vinyl seats. At this point, we got up and walked out noticing the dirty and torn wallpaper on the way out--never to return. Not at all what we were expecting after reading other reviews. Our advice--Stay Away!!! Larry S.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We never received our appetizers. My asparagus was not trimmed of the woody bottoms before cooked or brought to the table. The food was either overly sweet (including my steak) or covered in garlic. I will not return or recommend this place to anyone.
- Fabulous steak!ngatroutDined on 5/11/2014I had one of the best ribeye steaks ever! It was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Decent wine list and good desserts. I have lived in Atlanta for many years now and was was not expecting to find such a good steak house in Little Rock. The service was a little off as our waiter made us feel as if we were a bit of a bother. Regardless, I would come back again for the steak and hope for better service.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day LunchGrammyDined on 5/11/2014Thank you for a great lunch. Although the restaurant was very crowded, we were seated promptly at the time on our reservation. The server was prompt and very attentive and the food was excellent. We thought you did a great job handling the large crowd and making our time there very pleasant.Special Features:
- RomanticHaushengDined on 4/25/2014We had a delicious, romantic meal for our anniversary. Service was very good, and I highly recommend the cedar-smoked salmon.Special Features:
- Felt at home Easter SundayNC4meDined on 4/20/2014The food and ambiance was comfortable and inviting. We were out of town for Easter visiting our son and the service and food were wonderful. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Give this place a trymkrowland61Dined on 2/28/2014I was surprised the Saddle Creek Woodfired Grill has been in existence for nine years. The bar, food, and service were very good. I recommend.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGodzSonDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and I wanted it to be a very special experience. We've dined at all the "top rated" steak houses in the area and I wanted to give this one a try. I must say...I was not disappointed. The greeting staff wasn't the most personable, but Brodi (our server) was great. The food was excellent and reminiscent of the Austin, Texas steakhouse meccas that I'm accustomed to. Overall; well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatFantasticVIPDined on 2/15/2014I love the atmosphere of Saddlecreek. We had a round table by fireplace which was nice for 5-6 people. Justin, our server, was professional, courteous and there if we needed him. Everyone's dinner was delicious and cooked perfectly. One guest commented their steak was better than Sonny Williams or Arthur's. Our cedar plank salmon was moist and flavorful and the mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus were amazing. I would also recommend their fried mushrooms. All the staff was very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST STEAK IN LITTLE ROCK!Matt10V3S2dineDined on 2/15/2014I've gone through quite a few restaurants looking for a good steak. This wood fire grill tops them all in Little Rock. The Wolf creek is my favorite of theirs. My wife goes for the melt in your mouth filet. I can't speak highly enough about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Uejules1Dined on 2/15/2014We had a great experience! The good was delicious, and the server did a good job. The only downfall is the price. It is pricey, but we knew that going into it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...JohnDined on 2/15/2014This used to be our favorite place for family dinner every few months, but the last few times have been disappointing. The food quality seems to be declining and the hospitality nit what it once was. If you get a coupon or offer, use it quickly because they like to expire then without advertising. Also, the staff and manager should sync up more, as they aren't all on the danger page when it comes to offers, etc.
- Great Valentine DinnerAv8orDined on 2/14/2014Reservation was honored, we arrived and immediately seated. Bottle of wine was served and we ordered off the special VD menu. The grilled Brie, sweet peppers and roasted garlic was out of this world. Our main course was the surf and turf. For desert, creme brûlée. All needs to be on the regular menu. Highly recommend Saddle Creek for those special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontanaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We've eaten here many times and always get the Montana. Tonight my steak tasted like it was bought at Walmart. It was horrible. Service was annoying. Bar backed up, bread still in oven, etc
- Valentines dinnerDukeDined on 2/14/2014Great dinner (filet, BLT salad, loaded baked potato and creame brulee'); signature martini which was delicious. Made reservations through Open Table and I'm so glad because people were lined up for a 1 1/2 hr. wait.Special Features:
- Best Visit YetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014This was our 3rd time there and it was the best meal yet. I had the 6oz tenderloin with grilled shrimp and I don't know if I could ever order anything else now, wow the meat was so delicious and you could cut the steak with a fork!!! My husband had the prime rib and he said it was wonderful and our friends both had the sirloin and rib combo and they loved it. This is our go to place when we are in town!!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor timeMINDYDined on 2/14/2014We got sat at our table and about 10 minutes later we finally seen our waitress. Then when she came and got our drink order she acted like she was rushed. There where not that many people in the entire restraunt. Have no idea what the deal was. She did not apolagize or anything. Then we got our food, and our sons meal didnt come out with ours. Also our steaks where not cooked properly. Didnt get great feeling the entire meal. Only thing good was my husbands mixed drink.
- Saddle Creek is a must eat!DoubleRDined on 2/13/2014Food is always exceptional and the menu has enough variety to satisfy anyone. Mixed drinks are worth every penny, reasonably priced too. Must try this restaurant! Beef eaters will love the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, okay serviceKGJ14Dined on 1/4/2014Food was pretty good -- kind of bland but good overall. Good steaks. Service was pretty slow, but not terrible.Special Features:
- Good for this neighborhoodJulesDined on 1/2/2014We wanted somewhere to eat that was close to the Hilton Garden Inn. This fitted the bill for our one night stay. We had been rather spoilt with fine dining in NOLA the week prior to our visit so we were coming from exemplary restaurants to a local neighborhood venue. Although this restaurant is above average locally it just could not be described as fit for 'foodies' in my opinion. Just a bit too basic for my taste. However, my husband enjoyed his steak and said it was excellent. The restaurant was attractively furnished and there were enough diners to give it some atmosphere. The service was also very attentive.
- great mealcamehungryDined on 12/31/2013We sat at the bar b/c their was a bowl game that we wanted to see and it was on in the bar. We had the prime rib. It was excellent. The asparagus was good too. The house salad with the pecans and cilantro dressing is still one of my favorites. The bar tender made sure we never were out of a drink and I liked that too. Overall had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the steak!Matt10V3S2dineDined on 12/31/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. The wait staff is amazing. The steak is the reason for going to Saddle Creek. I do not recommend the lobster. (little over done, lobster jerky anyone?) The steak on the "Surf and Turf" plate was melt in your mouth cooked to perfection! I highly recommend the seasonal bre appetizer! Can still taste it! mmm..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent food. Excellent service. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but wait was longOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2013We visited this restaurant because of the ability to make reservations. We needed to be at an event at 7 p.m. Our reservations were for 5 p.m. While initially our waitress was prompt with taking our order, we ultimately waited more than an hour for our entrees to arrive. The restaurant wasn't packed, we were a party of four and diners who were seated well after us received their food well before us. We enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant, until we began to realize we would have roughly 15 minutes to wolf down our food to make our event. Our waitress never checked in with us to inform us about our order, despite checking for drink refills. Simply do not visit here if you have an itinerary that doesn't allow for two hours to dine.Special Features:
- Dinner before...grannynickelDined on 12/20/2013I had booked a table through Open Seating and were seated promptly upon our arrival even though we were early and that was a bonus. Our server was pleasant, introducing himself but not being overly intrusive, however, he had the habit of touching us when he spoke to us and I found that a bit much. The artichoke spinach dip was served hot and was very creamy and flavorful. The salads were crisp, fresh and of a nice size. Loved the hot, crusty bread. My drink, a Metropolitan, was disappointingly bland, but my table mates said their drinks were good. All were attractively served. The coconut shrimp was perfect and served with the mango chutney it was very tasty. The steaks were cooked to order and were tender and appropriately seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2013Had the Blackened Salmon and it had an over powering honey glaze on it.Special Features:
- great experienceImpressedDined on 10/16/2013First time visit, the staff was great, and our meal was outstanding. Don't live in the area, but will return next time in this area.Special Features:
- Great eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2013We really enjoyed our meal. The service was excellent. We will return every time we visit Little Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great! It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2013Everything was great! It was a slow night for the restaurant. We hope it was due to the razorback game. The service was great. Our waiter was Jerry, we've had him before. He's always great to us. We'll be back in the future. Food was perfect! Always a treat to dine at saddle creekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and SalmonKingoftheParkhillVIPDined on 9/11/2013I have been to this restaurant numerous times and it rarely disappoints. A few of my Regulars include the Wolfcreek Ribeye blackened for a real kick is my fav. The prime rib is well seasoned And is a value at reg price. Also,the cedar plank salmon is delicious. For dessert I recommend the Carrot cake. Wine list is adequate, the hogue Riesling or the Rosemount Shiraz provide a decent affordable red and White to go with dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnerhappycoupleDined on 7/27/2013This was our first visit to Saddlecreek. We were looking for a nice place to have dinner before going to the movie theater up the street. We were very glad we chose it. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was really pleasant, and we had good service. The food was a little more expensive than we might choose for a typical Saturday night out, but since we were celebrating an anniversary, it was fine. For prime rib and surf and turf, it was actually pretty reasonable - and yum! It was really tasty! It was also nice to be able to make a reservation online, and know that we would have a table when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining at thisBalou200Dined on 7/25/2013First time dining at this restaurant. My wife and I live in NC and travel a lot which requires dining out. Wife's sister recommend Saddle Creek. The food and service was excellent. Prices are inline with other quality restaurants. I recommend and would return next time we are in the North Little Rock area.Special Features: