Sacramone's Authentic Italian Food
2366 Hempstead Tpke
East Meadow, NY 11554Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sacramone's Authentic Italian Food
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sacramones.com/
- Phone: 5165131919
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Domenico & Anthony Sacramone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sacramone's offers on and off premise catering, with the same attentiveness in our establishment or your home. Sacramone's will customize a menu to your needs. We can deliver and set up your party and take care of as many details as you need.
- Entertainment: Sounds Of Italy with Gianni Monti on Wednesday nights.
A word from Sacramone's Authentic Italian Food
Abruzzo is Italy's pastoral land where simple flavors of the earth and the sea create a food of abundant ingredients & vibrant flavors. This is cooking at its very best, with flavors kept fresh & simple. Abruzzo's mountain curtain separated the region from mainstream Italy for many years, creating a unique cuisine. Many of the dishes have remained treasured secrets of our mother Maddalena. By creating this restaurant, we wish to share the experience of growing up in a family of good cooks where food was & still is an expression of love and caring. This passion practiced in our Nonna's kitchen in Abruzzo and the same passion practiced in our mothers kitchen here in America has proudly been passed on to us. The passion is what we proudly bring to our customers at Sacramone's. Cooking for family and for you, our customers, is a constant joy for us. To celebrate and make people happy are the reasons my brother & I opened this restaurant.Continued
Anthony & Domenico Sacramone
Anthony & Domenico Sacramone
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sacramone's Authentic Italian Food reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- closingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant was in it's last night of existence, service was horrible, no bread limited menu and we were informed this was their last nigh. I ordered a Macallum 12 year and they brought me a Glenmorangie without telling me they substituted the brand until I told the waiter this was not what I ordered. I blame Open table for not informing or knowing they were closing since I followed the star rating in choosing a restaurant.
- Best PizzaMikeTsVIPDined on 7/27/2014Were at an event at Hofstra with a group of hungry High School boys from New Jersey. I am from Long Island, so of course everyone asked me for the best pizza place around. I grew up 100 miles from here... so I Googled it. I found Sacramone's on a top-10 list, and I will tell you that it was BETTER than advertised. This is a full-menu Italian restaurant, not a pizza joint, but we came for pizza. Ordered 4, then 2 more, then 2 more. Could have kept going. Put whatever topping you want, Mamas Special, or plain pie - it does not matter - all perfection! Wait staff was excellent, friendly, and quick. The owner, Domenico, came out himself to ask how we liked it. "Better than advertised, and the press was all high praise" was our answer.Special Features:
- swanyDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant seemed nice when we came in. However I went to the ladies room and there was no toilet paper in the ladies room. Bad omen. Then the bread was stale and when we asked for more it took forever to come. Food was good but the worst part was that there was a band playing and we couldn't hear ourselves talk. We were with a couple who we haven't seen in a while and had a lot to catch up on Couldn't hear a thing. The restaurant should have put on the outside that there was live music. By the time we realized there was going to be a band we had already ordered. What a terrible evening. And the restaurant was my suggestion! Ugh!
- AngelDined on 6/24/2014Very nice atmosphere, great food and great service. Great for a neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably good and friendly servicedivadDined on 6/3/2014Sacramone's is a neighborhood delight. What they have to offer is delicious food and great service. Always willing to please and help you and your order in any way they can. Mama comes on Wednesdays to make the pasta. They have some unusual dishes that are some of my favorites. For an appetizer try the shrimp in red wine vinegar. As they say in Sacramone's "try it if you don't like it, we'll get you something else."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Sacramone's Authentic Italian Food reviews archive.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014I read the reviews and was expecting to be wowed by this restaurant. I went there and for starters, they were out of rice and potatoes. The calamari tasted like it was over fried and under seasoned. There was no Tirimisu but there was American Cheescake. This is not what I expected from a fine dinig establishment. Domenico Sacramone came to the table as expected and our server was great. I will not go back to this restaurant as I was the food did not measure up to my usual fine dining palate and most of what I wanted to order was not available.
- Mother's DayuspoericDined on 5/11/2014I enjoyed the food and service as I always do. This is my favorite restaurant. It is charming and the service and food are always outstanding.Special Features:
- KennVIPDined on 5/2/2014The interior space was very nicely decorated.ted. Valet parking a plus. Good food and attentive service. The separated upper loft would be good for a party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stands upbumblesDined on 4/18/2014I love coming to this spot. The food is always great and service excellent. I'm getting into the habit of ordering the fish special as it always is outstanding. Nothing bad to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedKenWenDined on 3/19/2014Did not expect to have the experience that we did. From the wait staff to our meal, everything was terrific. The wine list was exceptional. Thank you for the wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDisappointedDined on 3/5/2014Garlic in the ravioli with oil & garlic was BURNED-almost black. Advised John, our cordial waiter. He said he would report it to the kitchen. No offer to change the entree or remove it from the bill. Garlic in linguine with white clam sauce also had a burnt taste & was dark brown. Hostess was aware of our complaint & said she was sorry. A 30% tip was added to the bill because we were a party of 11, a little excessive I thought. Antipasti was skimpy & unimaginative. We were there at 4:30pm on Ash Wednesday, & were the only patrons until one other table of 4 or 5 arrived so the kitchen was not overwhelmed & could have treated us better.A very poor culinary experience....
- Pizza place food- restaurant pricesforeyes21VIPDined on 2/1/2014Bread was similar to the free bread they throw in the bag when you take out from your local pizza place served with squares of foil wrapped butter.Calamari was very disappointing- obviously the stuff from the frozen food aisle in supermarket. Shrimp and Chicken Parm entrees were very good...tasted fresh and portions were very generous. We asked the waiter if we could get angel hair pasta instead of spaghetti and he said no. They had angel hair on the menu in other dishes so this made no sense. The two fish entrees we ordered were bland and disappointing. Food was nothing special and prices were too high for this quality of food. On the plus side, our waiter was friendly and very attentive. Just wish he could have served us better food.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.Luv2dineoutDined on 1/11/2014Wonderful food and service. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for a groupLindaDined on 1/4/2014We were a table of none for a holiday party. The restaurant was fairly empty as the weather was horrid. They honored our request for a table in a quiet area, and the service was excellent. Everyone ordered different things from fish to steak to pasta and we were all very satisfied.My husband and I would surely good back, and hopefully get a similar experience on a busier eveningSpecial Features:
- We had a group of 16 teenageMassSoccerDined on 11/30/2013We had a group of 16 teenage soccer players, and Alex and the folks at Sacramone's couldn't do enough for us. Phenomenal personal service by the entire staff and the food was outstanding! Plus, "Magic Mike" at the bar was great company for the chaperones. Thanks for an outstaning evening. Alex, you were terrific! See you next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR LOCAL FAVORITE ITALIANJohnnyJZoneVIPDined on 11/23/2013I have often hoped to find a local Italian Restaurant that we could be our go-to place. We found it! Great food and service in a clean cozy environment along with a wine list that won't break your bank account. A good bottle of Montepulciano for $24? Fuggeddabowdit! And it's a great place for bring friends who love a great value. Oh, and the eggplant was awesome; it's baked not fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SURPRISETRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 11/23/2013I really had no idea about this restaurant until I searched Open Table for something in the area. The four of us were so pleasantly surprised at the amazing, friendly service from every single staff member....never had to wait for anything, including refills on water, everything was fresh, great portions, and absolutely delicious! We loved Sacramone's, although not a fan of the location because of the "turnpike" but what can you do??? it was a great night out and our waiter, Mike, was funny, helpful, and provided excellent service. We live in Suffolk County and we will definately be back!Special Features:
- Not what is used to bemd302VIPDined on 11/2/2013Recently returned to this restaurant. Wanted to order their delicious pizza as an appetizer, but was informed they stopped serving pizza 2 months earlier, UGH!. The waitor stated the pizza oven had broke and was too expensive to repair. The menu's have changed (with no pizza on the menu) and the prices have increased quite a bit yet I believe their food has suffered and not maintained its usual delicious taste. The restaurant was not full on this particular evening and did not turn the tables. Will not return anytime soon
- Good food. Two levels so canSuzanne11566Dined on 10/22/2013Good food. Two levels so can accomodate large groups...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a good Italian restaurantGeriDined on 10/19/2013This was a good Italian restaurant with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returncgfabVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had the eggplant rollatini for an appetizer - delicous. Linguine with white clam sauce - fresh clams - just the right amount of garlic - excellent and then the veal with artichokes in a brown sauce - also tender and very good. It was a great experience - service was attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- Good Food, lousy parkingretiredVIPDined on 10/17/2013Even as local residents my husband & I still had difficulty determining which driveway led to their poorly lit & sparse parking area. Upon entering we were greeted immediately but even before we were escorted to our table we were being asked if we'd like the wine list which made us feel like we were being rushed. Between the two of us we ordered the Cozzi (steamed mussels) in marinara sauce, the Pollo Napoletana, the Fruita de Mare & Tiramisu...all very good. Unfortunately about a half hour after we were seated, at approx. 7:30p.m. one of owner's son or grandson (2-3 yrs. old) was seated at the table next to us & he was so disruptive for everyone. It was very poor judgment on this owner's part to bring such a young child out to eat so late.Special Features:
- NO PIZZA!!homesueDined on 10/4/2013We went to Sacramoes based upon a review in Newsay. It was suppose to be a Top 10 resturant for pizza. THEY DO NOT SERVE PIZZA!! We asked and they told us the pizza oven was broken adn they had no idea if it was going to be fixed. So rolling with the punches, we order from their regular menu. Sausage-burned. Ragu sause- no meat, no nothing in the sause and it tasted like a tin can. Crab cake- burned on the outside and cold on the inside.
- great experienceRose624VIPDined on 9/26/2013I went to this restaurant for the first time and really loved it. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. We had the 2 veal dishes which were very tasty with the chardonnary and pinot grigio sauces and an eggplant dish. The restaurant staff are very friendly and welcoming. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- A Keeper!JohnnyJZoneVIPDined on 9/20/2013Friendly greeting from owner/manager, professional service by Alex, delicious food beautifully presented in clean, pleasing venue. 6 of us came for a pre- show dinner. The crew here worked like a real team to accommodate our request for a round table and getting to the show on time. Well done! Thanks!!Special Features:
- Good food & service. Missed bday!BirthdayForgottenDined on 9/7/2013I made a reservation for the same day for my girlfriend's birthday. I made a note in the comments section of OpenTable that it was my girlfriend's birthday and I wanted to make it memorable. Unfortunately the notes were never read and her birthday was never acknowledged Which didn't leave me in a good place at the end of the night. I didn't think I'd have to remind the restaurant that it is her birthday because I made the comments in OpenTable. Besides that faux pas it was good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a waiter with an attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2013Food was excelent...but our waiter spoiled the eveningl We would not return
- Good local Italian SpotNyp26Dined on 7/20/2013Nice place with good food. Not a wow experience but very nice. Moderately priced. Service is excellent though. Servers and Manager check on you frequently. Can't rate the noise level was there for an early dinner and the place was not crowded. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Attentive ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2013Nice local Italian. Attentive Service--difficult location but worth a trip.
- Never Had a Bad Meal HeretheshadowDined on 6/6/2013I've been to Sacramone's about 8 times in the last 6 months and it has become my favorite spot. Have taken family members, friends and co-workers and all have enjoyed it. The dishes we tasted have covered a wide variety and every one of them got rave reviews. Friendly and solicitous service without hovering annoyingly - a good balance. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day dinnerDiningfanDined on 5/12/2013Enjoyed our meal out. The staff was very friendly. My order was prepared incorrectly. The waiter apologized and the chef came out to personally apologize. After dinner drinks and my dessert were "on the house."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials are good. PricesJUanDined on 5/12/2013Specials are good. Prices moderate. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2013Was my second time at this restaurant. Went to see Baron Misuraca perform and have dinner with my girlfriend. Food was every bit as amazing as the time before, great wine list, dessert was delicious, very accommodating to my vegan diet, and Christian, our waiter was on top of our every need. Couldn't asked for a better evening. Thank you Jenna, the hostess, for giving us such a perfect table. Nice addition with live music from Baron Misuraca doing classic hits from Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bobby Darin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Sacramone'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2013We have been to Sacramone's 4-5 times since it has opened. I found the quality of the food very disappointing this time. The bread tasted like cardboard and they were very stingy with the pasta sauce. Perhaps there is a new chef there. Our waiter, Mike, was marvelous and is to be commended. He was attentive without hovering over us all the time.Special Features:
- First time there, very goodKennVIPDined on 4/22/2013First time there, very good simple food, came with friends and enjoyed it a lot. Watch out, the parking lot is the driveway before the restaurant not afterSpecial Features:
- This was our second visitbirthdaygalDined on 4/20/2013This was our second visit to Sacramones. We went on a Saturday evening at 7pm. Our table was ready as soon as we arrived. Our waiter, Carlo, was great. Very personable, attentive and had great menu suggestions. Authentic Italian food at good prices. The wine list had a good variety with good values. The food was fantastic. We had a great time and a wonderful meal. The only downside for me was that it was a bit noisy for my taste. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- I have been trying to dinebumblesDined on 4/5/2013I have been trying to dine here since they opened. The waiter recommended the monk fish with capers and green olives. Reluctantly i ordered it. My wife had a pasta dish and my son had a pizza. The fish was outstanding and i was glad i took the waiters recommendationSpecial Features:
- Food is superb -- owner isOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2013Food is superb -- owner is very personable and friendly, as is all the staff. Great Italian cooking.
- The service was especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2013The service was especially good. Each course was served in a timely manner without our feeling rushed and without our having to wait interminably for the next course, or for the bill at the end. The wait staff is to be commended.Special Features:
- sacramones was a grea placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013sacramones was a grea place to enjoy authentic Italian food,great sevice waiters were friendly efficient i would reccomend all who enjoy a nice night out with friends to eat.Special Features: