Sacks Cafe and Restaurant
328 G Street
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sacks Cafe and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sackscafe.com/
- Phone: (907) 274-4022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10 am to 2:30 pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30 pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Adkison
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Sacks is available for off site catering. Please see our web site for our catering menu. Sacks is also avaiable for private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant may be rented out for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Jo Ann 9072763548
A word from Sacks Cafe and Restaurant
Consistently adventurous food built with top-notch ingredients makes Sacks a welcome oasis. Locals love lunch, brunch & dinner at Sacks. Our creative chefs are always cooking up tasty fare for our guests enjoyment. Wine Spectator award list. Treat yourself to the New Alaska.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sacks Cafe and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Sacks Cafe and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (59)great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (38)romantic (36)good for groups (11)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Never falls short of expectationWorstServiceVIPDined on 11/21/2014Love Sack's~ they have excellent service & amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treat As AlwaysKrisVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great as always. Menu selection good so we tried a new dish which was faculous. Food promptly seved. Really enjoyed our dinner there prior to UAA play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014It was my first time going and would say that it is OK. The service was fantastic but our food was eh. The appetizer was really good but the entrees were a little underwhelming. I made a special request through Open Table for my for a special persons birthday and the request was completely disregarded which was somewhat disappointing. Overall I rate it a 7 out of 10.
- Not a great experience.boddhiDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten at Sacks a fair number of times, usually very happy with the meal/service. Last time was disappointing. The waitress brought the wrong beer, then the wrong entree to one patron. By the time the correct entree was served, the other diners were finished. The desserts were pretty underwhelming also. They did give me my dessert free due to the long wait for my dinner... But the time before when we went to Sacks we waited 40 minutes for our entrees! Won't be going back for quite a while...
- Great for Birthday OccasionKrisVIPDined on 11/15/2014Birthday ocasion. My husband's birthday was delightful there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buddyDined on 11/8/2014Good experience but no hard liquor license was a dragSpecial Features:
- once a yearYearlyPrincessDined on 11/7/2014Every November, I attend a Symposium at the Egan center. This involves the obligatory Anchorage trip; shopping at Costco, battling traffic, trying to find all items on my huge list. For a small-town Alaskan this ends with collapsing in the Hotel simply to hide from the masses. My bribe to survive this is a dinner out with my husband at Sacks. Once a year, I can go to an outstanding restaurant, be treated like a princess, and have wonderful food that I (a terminal Foodie) cannot easily make at home. I especially appreciate that the servers do not hurry us despite the obvious small space, and that your staff can always recommend a good wine to go with my food. My husband, an Alaskan recluse if ever there was one, even looks forward to it.Special Features:
- An amazing experience.iLoveFoodDined on 11/5/2014Everything we ordered was simply amazing and delicious. The service was great. We ordered the brochetta and salmon tempura rolls for appetizer. I hesitated ordering the filet of beef as my main course because of the price. After a disappointing dinner at a steak house earlier that same week I was afraid to order a steak. The server assured me that their steak is delicious and would be cooked the way I wanted. She was abolutely right! The filet was cooked perfectly and the flavor was incredible. My date ordered the pork tenderloin and it was also delicious. For desert we ordered the pumkin flan (I just had to try it) and even though I was stuffed, I ate it all! Incredible. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Downtowns best for lunch !!!TheAlaskansDined on 11/4/2014When downtown it is always the best option for a great lunch. Friendly fast and good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly wonderfulLadyODined on 11/2/2014Food is fabulous. Staff are very attentive. Looking fwd to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyDined on 10/28/2014The menu is varied and the food presented in an appealing manner. the wait staff is professional and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Casual AtmospherelunchoutguyDined on 10/27/2014It eat lunch here almost every day - it is that good. And the specials change daily so I don't get bored with the menu. The wait staff is very friendly, the iced tea is their own special blend and whenever the specials menu has seafood tacos (the filling changes with what is fresh...rockfish, cod, salmon) I get 'em, they are consistently some of the best i've ever had. You just can't go wrong eating here.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceAKDinerDined on 10/26/2014The food was delicious as always, and the service second to none. We have never been disappointed at Sacks and will return soon.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysKrisVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great. Introduced my guests to Sacks. They loved it.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysKrisVIPDined on 10/24/2014Consistantly good. That's why we keep going back for decades.Special Features:
- Nice place. Above average.AKchiroDined on 10/23/2014I thought the food and service was above average for Anchorage. The fish was perfectly prepared which is always nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at SacksGogoodfoodDined on 10/20/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Sacks. Food was great. The service was particularly good on this occasion. It's one of my regular go-to spots.Special Features:
- SisyDined on 10/20/2014My guests were a couple from out of town and we all totally enjoyed our lunch. Best cod in town, excellent curry chicken and although I didn't have any of the chilly, it looked wonderful. Service was excellent. We sat in the front window and it was really nice. Love the art on the walls too!Special Features:
- Reservation means what??SealacDined on 10/19/2014When we arrived,there were no tables available in the restaurant--had to sit at a high table in the bar. Manager avoided us--was chatting with every other table. A visit with an apology would have meant a lot.Special Features:
- Glad we wentDines4funDined on 10/18/20149 out of 10 times this restaurant hits the mark for great food and atmosphere! If you have the occasional noisy crowd, bad service, or subpar meal, give it another chance! Once again we had a great time on a very busy PAC event night!Special Features:
- Loved itGearDined on 10/15/2014Every time I go to sacks u wonder why I don't go more often. Thanks for making it easy. The peanut butter chocolate Burnt cream was decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteGlutenFreeStyleAlaskaDined on 10/14/2014Always lovely food, attention to gluten-free detail (they get it), the wait staff are professional, knowledgeable, and they can tweak most entrees to meet dietary restrictions. A favorite place among friends, family, business colleagues, for brunch, lunch or dinner, before a show at the PAC, a special occasion, romantic evening, or just becauseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGJamersDined on 10/11/2014Best food I've ever eaten in Anchorage, hands down and I've been living here for 8 years. The risotto (no matter what type) is to die for. I will definitely keep returning to this lovely downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- Absolutely AmazingAKPineappleDined on 10/10/2014Since this visit I have been raving about it. My daughter and I ordered different salads and entrees so we could share. I'm so glad we did. She ordered the Pear salad and Filet of Beef; I ordered the Beet & Barley salad and Chicken Risotto. All items were delicious. My Chicken Risotto was the best chicken dish I have ever eaten in my life-the chicken was so perfectly cooked it literally melted in my mouth. The service was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- A regular customerStretch47Dined on 10/10/2014I always enjoy the place and the staff is extremely good and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food as Usualsjr3VIPDined on 10/6/2014As usual the food was very good…fresh and very tasty. I had the halibut while my dining companions order the salmon. We were all very satisfied.Special Features:
- Off Season delightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014We were up in Anchorage for business and Sacks was recommended by a local coworker. Wonderful food, quiet, relaxing, and great service. Granted, it was after the summer rush, so it was nice to find a good quality restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!GouldDined on 10/4/2014The service was nothing but the best. The food was memorable. And the atmosphere was laid back. Thank you!! Definitely a new fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Restaurant!KandMLoveSacksDined on 9/27/2014Sacks came through with a wonderful dining experience for our anniversary. I chose the beef filet which was perfectly cooked and accompanied by wilted spinach, glazed Portobello mushrooms, and potato croquettes. My husband chose the halibut, which arrived perfectly cooked and delicious! The chef took great pride in presentation and excellence. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu items, friendly, prompt, and very professional without losing the ease of a pleasant conversational exchange. My husband and I asked for a wine recommendation and were treated to a delicious, robust, Italian Red. Full bodied, yet silky enough to complement my filet of beef without overpowering the halibut. And, they oysters! wow! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDateNightDined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant for date nights. They took great care of us as we shared some parts of the meal they always brought out 2 utensils without us asking.Special Features:
- delicous as alwaysWinterdaughterVIPDined on 9/23/2014We love to have lunch here! Our waiter this time was really good-tried a lot of wines to find one I liked. My crab cakes were awesome with green chili polenta-delciousSpecial Features:
- DisappointingCrazy1973Dined on 9/19/2014I usually love Sacks. My parents were in town and I felt it was a no brainer to dine there. Unfortunately, our experience was not good. Our waiter was totally inept. I am a server myself, and always give people the benefit of the doubt but this guy was terrible. We sat for 45 minutes with no salad and then he asked me if we would like our salads. The halibut was overcooked and my gnocchi was inedible. I won't be back any time soon.
- Great Menu fantastic find!LaTribu5Dined on 9/15/2014The restaurant is small with friendly knowledgeable staff. Went twice in three days! Amazing fish selection, local oysters were a hit! Great to find a fresh approach to food preparation. Flavor and ingredient combinations were thoughtful and well executed. Sauces are not overwhelming and too busy. Just the right amount of ingredient mix to complement the main food item. Only complaint- bread- should be served with a little "warmth" to it. Busy -make a reservation!Special Features:
- Always deliciousDebb01Dined on 9/14/2014This is my favorite brunch spot in the whole city. I recommend the Migas! Yummy!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodCFKBayDined on 9/12/2014Sacks consistently serves delicious meals. I have been eating there every time I am in town for several years and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jopataDined on 9/11/2014Their chef went out of his way to create a great kale dish as a side to my crab cakes instead of the polenta. Not an after thought that was thrown together, but a composed dish that enchanced the meal. I really appreciated his effort and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceA2andyDined on 9/10/2014We were the "difficult customers" with reservations for 3, showed up with 2 and were later joined by 2 more. The Sacks staff were more than patient and accommodating. The food was great - the salmon tempura roll appetizer was unique and tasty, the fish was prepared well and well paired with sides. Also, the PB&J ice cream was awesome. Based on the 4 things we ordered, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014The waiter was not attentive and then forgot to order my wife's dinner. He brought mine out alone and then said. "oh what did you order again maam? I'll get that started. ". My seafood pasta was drenched in sauce like a soup at the bottom of my bowl when I finished. The sushi and crab apps were good.
- Another Excellent Experience7KCABDined on 8/31/2014Once again our group chose Sacks for Sunday Brunch. We had our usual excellent experience. What a great way to enjoy the weekend. Always great. Thanks again Sacks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive And not so prettyLaurentDined on 8/27/2014102$ for one beer, king crab And halibut. We have had to wait more than an jour before having our meals When we left, no Thanks or goodbye ! Not very friendly, very busy and noisy