470 State Highway 150
Arroyo Seco, NM 87514Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sabrosotaos.com/
- Phone: (575) 776-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Wooldridge
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We will cater within Taos County for parties of any size up to 150.
- Private Party Facilities: Sabroso offers private parties for groups of 6-45 in a single room. Sabroso can also use the entire restaurant for inside/outside service for parties of up to 125 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Wooldridge 5057763333
- Entertainment: Jimmy Stadler and a traditional piano bar on Wednesdays. Piano jazz on Fridays.
A word from Sabroso
In the picturesque rural village of Arroyo Seco a few miles north of Taos, Sabroso offers exquisite American and Global cuisine nightly for dinner. Dine fireside, on the patio, or in our intimate bar where live entertainment can be enjoyed on many nights. House specialties include freshly squeezed margaritas, oysters, wood-grilled steaks and fish, and many appetizers. We offer 20 different wines from around the world by the glass. Our award-winning wine list has over 120 wines from all major wine regions at prices ranging from $30 to over $300 with most in the $40 to $60 range. We offer more than 100 different liquor selections, twenty beers by the bottle, and two on tap. We have two menus: one for fine dining and another for informal bar dining. You may sit in the air-conditioned inside bar or dining room or select the outside covered portal, the patio bar, or the intimate plum grove. Sabroso is located on State Highway 150 4.7 miles north of US Highway 64.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sabroso - Best Restaurants in Taos ›
Sabroso reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fabulous!NMMugglesDined on 11/14/2014We have dined here before. Wonderful special occasion spot. The outdoor patio is grand--great local ambiance. Food is fantastic & staff is friendly & competent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surprise!Lady2thdrDined on 10/18/2014New friends at a Taos antique store recommended this great place. Just a short drive from Taos and well worth it. It was a lovely setting...candlelight and quaint,historical atmosphere. The food was very good (I had the filet). The service was excellent. Waiter was attentive and very cordial. The creme brûlée' was awesome to top the evening off. Will definitely go back when I visit Taos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hide awayJustmyopinionDined on 9/27/2014If your in the area of Taos during the off season for skiing this a great place to have a wonderful dinner with that special someone. During season it may be a little crowded with the overflow from the ski hill and Texans but try it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total perfectionLocaldudeDined on 9/18/2014I can't say enough about the service and food here. The wait staff couldn't be better, they checked to make sure everything was to my satisfaction without making me feel I needed to leave when we were done eating. The food was as was prepared and presented perfectly. Definitely upscale place to go for that special occasion. Its a little pricey, but this place with leave a lasting impression on anyone you take with you.Special Features:
- One of the best in TaosSkibumDined on 9/17/2014They have the best ambiance in Taos with lovely outside seating in the summer. Great food and lively entertainment on Wednesdays and week ends.Special Features:
- Sobrosojandp2014Dined on 8/31/2014we thought the restaurant was lovely and keeping with the area. service was mixed and there may have been some issues in the kitchen, food was well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Unfortunately we did not dine at Sabrosos as there was extreme flooding and the road was closed and as a result, the restaurant closed early.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Sabroso reviews archive.
- Great outdoor evening spotguguDined on 7/16/2014There were 6 friends enjoying a birthday celebration. Even though the rains had fallen earlier, the outside dinning was divine. The service was pleasant and non disturbing,the music inside was audible but not overpowering and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaygirlbdaygirlDined on 7/14/2014The service was great. The food good, desert & appetizers were best. We were almost the only ones there so it was quiet, altho the music played in the background was pleasantSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Delicious is the only way I can describe this meal. If you are anywhere near Taos the 5 or so mile drive north on the Enchanted Circle is well worth the trip. The oysters were sweet, the bison ribs to die for. The carbonara with homemade bacon, nothing more to be said.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Our 6th visit in the last five years, several with 7-8 guests, and it is best in Taos and never, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningChezdugueDined on 6/27/2014the hostess at this restaurant is great... very accommodating. Special margarita was a bit of a disappointment... food is deliciousSpecial Features:
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I ordered a bouillabaisse and found it barely edible. The clams were overcooked and the fish had a bad taste which I had to leave. The broth had too much wine. The Caesar salad was refrigerated and not freshly made. The quality of the food did not match the high prices. I dined with an out of town guest and we were disappointed. Although this is a neighborhood restaurant, I would never dine at Sabrosos againSpecial Features:
- Northern New Mexico diningdine4lionDined on 4/24/2014Off the beaten Taos path up in Arroyo Seco. Housed in an old hacienda like building giving it a real new Mexican flare. Food while not Michelin Star quality is always consistently good. Always at least two daily specials including one done on their wood fired grill. Moderating priced but more than adequate wine list. Just a very nice comfortable place to dine. Piano player on WEDS nights. Outdoor dining with music during the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is outstanding. PresentatioKlingDined on 4/8/2014Service is outstanding. Presentation of my TUNA main coarse was great. French Onion soup great. A dining experience , an event.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambienceRichDined on 3/29/2014A great find just a few minutes outside of Taos and on the way to Ski Valley. My wife and I enjoyed a great entree of Bouillabaisse next to a roaring fire while listening to live music in the background. Our waiter was very attentive throughout the evening, even as we transitioned to the bar to listen to more live music.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Service!TDubDined on 3/28/2014From the moment we entered Sabroso restaurant we were treated like royalty. The service was excellent, very attentive without being intrusive. The order of serving the food was right on par. Each course of food was delicious. Everything was cooked to our taste. Would recommend this to any one in the Taos area for a delightful and tasty evening. Can't wait to go back this summer and eat on the wonderful patio area.Special Features:
- Weekend NightElizabethDined on 2/22/2014Very friendly and accommodating. Varied menu and nice setting. Live music was background music, as it should be. No attitude when asked to create vegan dish. Seemed happy to show their skills and culinary knowledge. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundPdubDined on 2/16/2014Wonderful ambiance, food and experience. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceGregDined on 1/7/2014Was anticipating a good food experience after reading reviews. Ambience and service were excellent as described. Mussel appetizer was gritty and broth lacked flavor. Steak was tough and extremely fatty. Would not return.Special Features:
- Old Casa CordorvaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2013The restaurant was excellent. We walk in and our table was ready, fire place was going very nice atmosphere. The two starter dishes were great. The entre's were excellent. The only complaint would be, for a long dining experience the chairs were terrible. Also the table was unstable. Other than those things, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve at SabrosomadjuanaDined on 12/24/2013Visiting Taos From Denver, this was our first time dining at Sabroso, but made reservations for Christmas Eve because we weren't sure what might be open in town. The atmosphere and charm of the location and the cozy interior were definitely inviting. The wait staff, hostess and bartender were all pleasant, but my sense was the kitchen staff was unprepared for the large groups arriving for the holiday fare: dinner took an hour to arrive and was disappointing, partly because of the wait but in fact the food was less than delicious and festive. I plan on going back for another try in warmer weather because the outdoor seating in the woods looked enchanting, especially with a glass of wine and simple appetizer near at hand.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and FoodDawnVTDined on 12/24/2013My husband and I had Christmas Eve dinner at Sabroso this year and it was excellent. We both had the bouillabaisse. A few years ago, we had the mussels (appetizer) and they were very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013Everything was great! Atmosphere was nice, cozy and clean. The food was delicious and the portion size was perfect. My highest rating goes out to our waiter Richard. He was very friendly and attentive.That is so nice to have nowadays. Bus personnel was also great. They were friendly and did a great job. We will go there again and recommend Sabroso to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sabraso 2013RPWWestcliffeDined on 11/27/2013From the moment we arrived the full staff was more than accommodating. They made us feel that their entire purpose that evening was to make us happy. And that made us happy. The food was exceptional as always. The plating was enticing and made you feel that you meals were special preparations. Each dish is a subtle combination of stable entrees with local ingredients and seasonings. We have eaten here on every trip we make to Taos and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in arroyo secoNMMugglesDined on 11/16/2013Beautiful setting. Staff was attentive-- a very small glitch when we were being seated, but not a problem. Food is excellent, with many options, using local foods. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Atmospherecowboysrule931VIPDined on 11/16/2013Looking for that special place to kick start your romantic interlude in Taos. Look no further than Sabroso. A hot roaring fireplace! A beautiful warm and inviting smile and enthusiastic greeting ! Sit in the cozy bar or either is the beautifully decorated dining room, you won't be disappointed. Savor the Mixed grlll, braised Buffalo ribs, or one of their many specials of the day. You won't be disappointed and your wallet won't be deflated. This is a great hide-a-way and a must for anyone who dines in Taos and calls themselves a foodie. Too bad we do not live in Taos, we would eat there more often and bring more friends to hang out at the bar. Thank you Sabroso staff! This was my grilfriend's birthday dinner. It made the weekend very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this dining experienceJ9GomperzVIPDined on 11/16/2013Although a little hard to find, this restaurant is a destination you don't want to miss when visiting Taos...Special Features:
- DisappointedJames70Dined on 9/29/2013We dined on Sunday (9/29 at 7:00) after their Lobster feast and with the dining room at 40 percent capacity, with water only, waited 1 hour and 15 minutes to be served. The buffalo short ribs were very good as was the Cesar Salad. However, the rib-eye steak was 40% fat and gristle and the rack of lamb (3 chops) had the most fat I have seen on this cut of meat. There were plenty of service people on staff but they were not attentive. There are really no excuses for the quality of the main course such as it was. We are regular Costco and Restaurant Depot shoppers and both cuts of meat purchased at these two purveyors far exceed what we received at Sabroso.
- Perfect NM diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2013Started with incredible sunset and a wonderful NM eveningm. Continued with superb menu. Followed by perfectly prepared meal. Accompanied by live music from an accomplished keyboardist. Wouldn't change a thingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and excellentCochinatiDined on 9/5/2013Very unique resturant outside of Taos, NM. The food and service where unusally good for this area. It is very nice to dine outside with a cloth covered table and comfortable seating.Special Features:
- Just a little too busy...nmwhitebirdDined on 8/31/2013Service staff was running around like crazy. Slow bar service. Food just average this particular night.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner for 6TaostravelerDined on 8/31/2013We had a group of six for dinner over labor day weekend. Very nice dinner. Everyone enjoyed it. Live music added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great liver and onionscawoleVIPDined on 8/22/2013I love live and onions and do not find it prepared well, very often, actually do not find it very often anywhere. But, this offering was wonderful and I would return there just for the liver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmedfoodfan2Dined on 8/21/2013The food was well prepared, and pear gorgonzola salad was fabulous—but the mussels appetizer had the tiniest mussels I have ever seen. Slightly rubbery from overcooking. The pasta with wild mushrooms had very few mushrooms but flavor of pasta was good and it was only slightly overcooked. Problems mostly came from extremely slow delivery of food from kitchen. Restaurant was full and kitchen clearly slammed--maybe running out of food? Could explain the pasta with two tiny slices of mushroom. Waiter was wonderful and delivered a free cocktail because all food so slow.Special Features:
- not goodtexanDined on 8/16/2013The crab cakes, carpaccio and caesar salad were good but the ribeye was full of fat and grissle (inedible) and the mixed grill was so bad I can't describe it. The snapper special was good but the fruit salsa was too hot to eat. By far the worst meal we've ever had in Taos.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2013Beautiful setting in the trees with large outdoor patio. Music some nights. Fun atmosphere without being too loud. Different than what you find in the more touristy areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2013Pleasantly surprised by quality of service and menu. Plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine Celebration!MaestroMcDDined on 6/18/2013Sabroso has once again provided a spectacular dining experience. The steaks were grilled perfectly, and the accompanying items were expertly prepared. This is a wonderful Arroyo Seco restaurant!Special Features:
- Sabroso was Oso good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2013We found it on the internet and were very happy with the place. The food was excellent and the people were very nice. The bar was so packed we couldn't find a seat but the music came into the dining room so we felt a part of the vibrant place. The food was high priced but worth it!Special Features: