Sabore - Tioga
13005 SW 1st Road
Tioga, FL 32669Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Sabore - Tioga
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saborerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3523322727x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11am-10pm
Friday - Saturday 11am-11pm
Monday - Open Only for Special Events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: William Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
A word from Sabore - Tioga
Saboré comes from the Spanish word sabor, meaning flavor, and that's just what you'll find here. Our dishes are inspired by the dynamic cuisines from places like Europe, Asia and South America. So let us surprise your palate with our global flair and exotic ingredients. Experiencing world cuisine this fresh usually requires a passport.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sabore - Tioga - Best Restaurants in Tioga ›
Sabore - Tioga reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (24)romantic (22)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great fusion tapastexlubeDined on 9/18/2014We have been to this restaurant twice now and both times it has been excellent. Wonderful menu of small plate items perfect for sharing. Both of the Ahi tuna offerings were wonderful as was the calamari. There is something for everyone. Very pleasant and efficient servers. Don't forget to save room for the tres leches cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeliacDined on 9/12/2014Wow! What great service. The Chef is Awsome, I am Celiac, and it is difficult to find a great restaurant that I feel safe when I order food. The chef here at Sabore-Tioga comes out and makes sure my food is good and safe for me to eat. The management is so wonderful. We love going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasOcholaurDined on 9/11/2014The risotto porcini was out of this world...interesting cocktail menu and attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a birthday dinnerbdaygirlDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed the food and trying all the stuff. Great fancy restuarant to enjoy dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticlokbenDined on 8/24/2014great service, great food that is unique in the gainesville food scene. Expensive for sure, but the ambiance, ipad menus, and quality of food means you get what you are paying for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but....CfactorDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had a booth next to a group of people who decided it was best to get up and push themselves right against our table.One person had their hand on my chair!Management apologized and we got a free desert.I guess we our worth only $7.00 to them.Wont go back any time soon.Management should have reseated us.
- Sunday evening delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Great, intimate setting for my wife's birthday. House salad, tuna tostone, braised short rib cavatelli among our favorites, but we enjoyed everything. Service was great and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed the food, but the portions were suitable for four only and we were a party of five. We also found the manner of service to be awkward as the food came out in waves that were not predictable, so we never knew when we were going to receive a particular order. Perhaps we should have ordered everything to arrive at once, but seeing as it was our first time, we didn't know what to expect.Special Features:
- Great findGator60Dined on 7/9/2014This was our second time at Sabore. The first time was nice, but it was almost empty. This time it had many diners (but not crowded) and a great guitar player/singer who made the evening special. The food was very inventive, with wonderful spices in the mahi-mahi curry, and the salmon tartare. My wife loved the lobster bisque and the steak. We skipped dessert as the menu wasn't that exciting. It's great that there are good places to eat this far west of Gainesville!Special Features:
- Eclectic, Energeticbrn120Dined on 6/13/2014The food and service were top notch. Prices were very reasonable. Get the house salad and you will not be disappointed. The tapas that were offered varied greatly, making the entire meal a great example of contrasting flavors. Presentation was awesome. The decor was cosmopolitan but not minimalist and quite distracting. Too many patterns, shapes and materials. The mixologists were superb and will make things up for you on request. Overall a very good dining experience which will bring us back again soon.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceFandJDined on 6/7/2014The service was excellent. As we were being seated, we asked for a table in a quieter section which was not a problem for them. Our server was well informed about ingredients in the menu which was very helpful in making choices to accommodate food allergies. The dishes were served in a timely fashion, well presented and each was delicious. The wine list included standard to excellent choices. Overall it was a great meal and enjoyable experience with friends.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Sabore is such a treat. From the friendly greetings to the attentive staff, the service was superb. The food was absolutely delicious. We shared, true tapas style, salads, brie cheese bites, kobe burgers, risotto, and more. Every thing was well seasoned, deliciously tasty, and beautifully presented. If you're out for the night with friends or want to share a great meal with your mate, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Great FoodKarenPorterDined on 5/24/2014We had a great birthday dinner together. We enjoyed the low key music, artsy setting, red romantic booth with cool decorations. The food was so wonderful and not something you would eat every day. It is nice to go out there for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Sabore - Tioga reviews archive.
- West Gainesville Gem!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 5/23/2014One of our favorites in town with consistent dishes of delectable food with a new menu that will please! Also new is their ipad menu boards that are very easy to use. The wine selection and cocktails makes it very easy to find your favorite. We'll keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for tapasSaboreTapasDined on 5/18/2014This was our second visit and it was much improved over the first time dining at Sabore. The service was attentive and the move to tapas style dining made it easy to try a variety of offerings. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Bite a Symphony in the Mouth!MaggieMayDined on 5/11/2014My sister and I brought my 89-year old mother for lunch on Mother's Day. Every bite is a symphony, an explosion of flavor in the mouth -- from the lobster bisque to the Kobe Sliders and Fries! Can't afford it often, but have definitely recommended and will be back myself!Special Features:
- No need to go to Barcelona!MaryKDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I were at Sabore the very day they debuted their new menu. No more paper menus but a tablet! How high tech is that! Having come from the Silicon Valley, we were obviously very impressed. And to add to our amazement, their wine list now carries a couple of cava and rioja! And the new much improved tapas menu still carries the old favourites. Lobster bisque still rocks and their new Thai calamari is to die for! That's right, no need to go to Barcelona anymore for proper tapas. We have it right here in Gainesville, more particularly in Tioga! Well done and our compliments to the chef and the entire Sabore staff!!!Special Features:
- Going Down To FloridaTEASPOONDined on 4/25/2014Full of atmosphere . Avocado with the crab cakes was out of this world . Short ribs were tender and tasty and enough for at least two . Tapas style is a little hard to understand .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration!!BirthdaybashDined on 4/24/2014I reside in Tioga and friends that have frequented Sabore planned for a birthday early dinner. From beginning to end the service was exceptional. Food was great! I truly enjoyed the birthday cake (bacon brownies, OMG amazing!) and birthday shot definitely the highlight of the evening. Towards the end of the evening there was a guitar performer that the waitress asked play Happy Birthday for me however apparently forgot but no big deal, my friends did an awesome job singing a cappella, lol!! Overall wonderful experience, definitely a place I consider great for special occasions with those special people in your life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and artsyecofoodieDined on 4/20/2014Love the vibrant colors and funky furniture and design. Sharable entres add to the world culture theme. Food is excellent and adventurous without scaring off those who are used to US food. Though, having been to Barcelona, I was missing the more unusual items I had discovered there, such as pumpkin soup shots and manchego cheese foam.Special Features:
- Great Service, Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014We were surprised by the limited menu. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. Portions are small and prices a bit high given the quality of the food. The service is outstanding, very attentive and professional. I think our experience was fine, but we do not plan to return nor would I recommend this to a friend.Special Features:
- A Gem!MaryKDined on 4/1/2014Sabore never fails to impress! A fabulous restaurant, the ambience, service and most importantly, the food are all WIN-WIN! Definitely a gem to have Sabore so close to home! My only comment is that for a Spanish Tapas Restaurant, I wish that they'd offer cava instead of prosecco. Their sangrias are the best tho', especially the blonde. I can just about finish a whole carafe by myself! Oh, and their lobster bisque is to die for (at least that's what my husband says)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsZachDined on 3/14/2014Wanted a VERY nice time for my wife on our anniversary, and Sabore did not disappoint. Everything was wonderful. The only suggestion I would make is that Sabore at least suggests a formal/casual attire. We were dressed in suit and my wife in an evening gown, and other patrons were arriving in shorts and t- shirts. I told my wife that there really is no place in Gainesville that had dress code. It's Gainesville! Sabore is great though and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnLove2cookDined on 3/6/2014We went on a night with live music and even though we sat right next to it , it wasn't too loud and the music was enjoyable. We ordered a few different tapas, drinks and dessert. Our favorite tapas were the vieiras tartare and mak-Kobe sliders. We had the tres leches for dessert which was also a must-try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!JessDined on 3/5/2014We had a perfect time; not too busy on a rainy night. Jack Johnson-esque live music. We had the bisque, house salad, Mak-Kobe and the salmon and it was all delicious. Definitely would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experineceFatherDaughterNightDined on 2/22/2014Took my 14 year old daughter here and both of us loved it. Service was great, food, atmosphere, everything about it was wonderful. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Valentine's dinnerJacquiDined on 2/21/2014We went for a romantic dinner a week after Valentine's day to avoid the crowds. Sabore was full, but we had reservations & were seated immediately. Service was perfect...friendly, fast, without being annoying. I love their crab cakes!! The sauces for their dishes are so interesting and unique and really add to the dish. We have found sharing 3 appetizers is a perfect meal for the two of us and then we get a variety. I personally am not a fan of calamari but my husband wanted it this time and it was the best calamari I've ever had. I've been there before and can also recommend the Kobe burger. I also love their Sangria. Sabore is quickly becoming one of my favorite local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I had a fantastic experience at Sabore! I've been numerous times in the past and I've never been disapppointed with Sabore. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantRomanticdinnerDined on 2/13/2014Food was great. Atmosphere was awesome. Service was outstanding. My favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food,reasonabledocbeckDined on 1/17/2014Very good food,reasonable prices.Eclectic décor,music was a bit annoying ,but at least not loud,so fairly easy to tune off.Appetizers were good,and so was the paella.Could use a few more winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated SharingKarenPorterDined on 12/27/2013The shareable entrees were exquisite! I particularly enjoyed the Malegania salad with hearts of palm and delicious dressing. I took my husband, my mom and her husband there for an evening meal while we had a sitter. It was so nice. The ambiance was superb. I loved the lighting and the music. the seats were comfortable. The service was wonderful. I hope it stays at Tioga.Special Features:
- Dining with a groupFunLovingGroupDined on 12/19/2013The menu variety was excellent and provided something for everone. The live music was a nice surprise and the volume was not overwhelming. We dined as a group of 8 and could easily hear each other over the music. The food was reasonably priced and the quality exceeded my expectation! Definitely will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2013The ambiance is relaxing and comfortable, even romantic. The menu variety is ok. We ordered the vieiras tartar, crab cakes, beef empanadas, and the seafood spanish paella. The tartar was very difficult to eat and a bit silly. It would be much better as a ceviche, either in a bowl or on a tostado. We will not order it again. The crab cakes and beef empanadas were ok - nothing special. The paella was bad - very bad. It was more like seafood fried rice. There are other items on the menu that look good. If you have never been to the restaurant, it is definitely worth checking out...at least for a drink at happy hour and a snack. Tip: They give a glass of champagne for anniversaries.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereAnniversaryCoupleDined on 11/3/2013Sabore is a great find. Service and food were outstanding. We had the mole duck tacos and will definitely go back again. After our meal we strolled around Tioga. It's a very relaxing, romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritetoujoursparisDined on 10/30/2013Love this restaurant for it's interesting food. The salmon served with brown rice and avocado was delicious. The salmon was crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. The brown rice was kind of in between regular brown rice and risotto, and it paired well with the avocado. We opted out of the strawberry sauce and went for the lemon caper butter sauce. We were there for a slow dinner, and they completely honored this. Ordered tapas, salad, and entrée, but they kept it unrushed, but they were attentive enough to keep checking on us without making us feel as if they needed us to order. Of course it was a Wednesday night and they weren't crowded. I would like to think they would be the same way on a weekend. Sitting outside is less noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013The restaurant is beautiful, the food is amazing! Service is excellent! This is our new favorite place for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tapas in townGabe1987VIPDined on 9/26/2013It is nice to go to a good tapas bar in Gainesville after repeated bad experiences at Emiliano's. Sabore is the real deal, with authentic Latin flavors, excellent dishes and a creative menu. The tuna with to stone is a killer and the pork belly was to die for. Highly recommend this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh What a Fabulous Meal!Foodies4LifeDined on 9/26/2013We couldn't have been more thrilled with our experience at Sabore. The service was excellent, the food divine, the atmosphere energetic, yet we were able to have our private conversation without yelling to hear each other. Each salad was crisp and fresh, the presentations of each, lovely. Our entrees (duck breast and grilled octopus) were, again, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. We have dined in fine restaurants all over the country and world and Sabore is as excellent, on all levels, as any we have experienced. And the dessert: the "Tres Leches" cake is made on the premises by their pastry chef and is not to be missed! We just can't praise this gem of a restaurant enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotGanBDined on 9/17/2013New to the area and found Sabore to be a great place for a quiet date with amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and ClassprincessaritaDined on 9/11/2013Very nice spot and décor. Food is unique and very well done. Very fresh. The raw menu is amazing. Service is always good. Can be a bit slow so not always a "happening" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.