10220 103 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 0Y8Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sabordivino.ca/
- Phone: (780) 757-1114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Dinner: 5:00pm- 9:00pm.We are always available for private parties and corporate events. Our Tapas bar( Bodega) is open from 2pm-til late Monday thru Friday and 5pm-til late Saturday and Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Adelino Oliveira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sabor Divino can satisfy all your catering needs, from sit down multi course dinners to appys and hors d'oeuvres, Chef Lino can satisfy your every need. Contact Chris at 780 757-1114 for more information
Sundays are reserved for private functions and catered events, please contact us for more information.
- Entertainment: Sabor Restaurant Presents live music on the weekends. Some of Edmonton's best musicians can be heard tickling the ivories or playing Classical or Jazz Guitar for your listening pleasure. Christian Mena(co-owner) has been known to croon on occasion.
- Special Events: Wine pairings, Concerts, Featured bartenders on cocktail nights.
- Cross Street: 103 Street
- Public Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are parkades located at every corner of the building as well as street parking directly in front of the restaurant. Heated parkades are located at the kitty corner underneath the YMCA and across the street in Edmonton City Centre.
A word from Sabor Restaurant
Sabor Restaurant, located in the heart of Downtown. The food and decor are both a mix of old and new world. The menu is rich in European tradition(Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian) and graced with modern flare. We guarantee the best Seafood in town with our expertise extending to our meat and pasta dishes. You'll find a warm and inviting atmosphere enhanced by Live music Wednesday thru Saturday Night, professional service, and a trim but superlative wine list. Also walk in to our Bodega Tapas bar serving Authentic Tapas and superb wine and cocktailsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sabor Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Sabor Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)fit for foodies (157)romantic (123)good for groups (116)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (53)hot spot (44)late-night find (29)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Sabor Delivers AgainJeffreyJVIPDined on 11/24/2014Delicious meal, great service, and overall fabulous experience. Again, and again, Sabor delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding in every wayJorkieDined on 11/22/2014Great food, exceptional service. Highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chefDined on 11/22/2014Beautiful dining experience but very drafty in the restaurant. Every time the door opened you could feel the draft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Average Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014When I was looking online for the top rated seafood restaurants in Edmonton, Sabor was listed as one of the best. My wife and I love quality seafood and never really explored options to find a restaurant that specialized in it. We ordered the Combo Platter and were not disappointed. The quality was wonderful and the quantity was plentiful. I think for the 120 you spend, you receive great value. I did find it odd that with such a large amount of food that it did not come with a side. I know some people would say that it is too much food and a side is not required. However it would be nice to have a Caesar Salad or something light as a side to help digest that amount of protein. We ordered the Caesar Salad and it was wonderful. I wasn't excited to be sat at the back near the kitchen where every server and manager walked past our table. That took the ambiance away for me. I understand someone has to sit at that table but it was a little disappointing on our first visit. If we dine there again I will make a the reservation by phone and hopefully get a better table. Our server was a nice young lady who tried but for a Restaurant that is billed as 4.5 star I found the service to be what I would expect from a 3 star restaurant. When I go out and spend 200 for a meal before tip ( that includes our beverages ) I would hope that our server would try to make the evening a little more memorable. I found her to be in a rush and somewhat disinterested. Don't get me wrong, she was not rude or anything like that , but her table side manner could use some help. I still tipped 15% but I don't mind tipping more if I feel like I am a part of something other than Table #4. Overall we loved the food and would probably revisit. My wife says that I set my standards too high but is there anything wrong with that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodloverDined on 11/19/2014Amazing food, try the prawns the risotto and the paella. Best dinner I've ever had in Edmonton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner Downtownbbradle3Dined on 11/17/2014I had the pleasure to dine at Sabor this evening. I had high expectations and was definitely not disappointed. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the staff greeting was warm and inviting. My party started with the Lobster Bisque. It was server promptly and was very good. We then had the Grilled Piri Piri Prawns. Delicious... Main course was the Chilean Sea Bass. Fish was served HOT with the vegetables cooked perfectly. Finally, I had the Triple Chocolate Slab for desert. What a great dinner. I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time not the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014Went to Sabor a while back with just my wife and found everything to be well above average and worth the cost. We had the opportunity to revisit Sabor on Nov.15/14 and found it had dropped in all aspects that made it the upper class establishment we enjoyed during our first visit. Although nothing was bad, we left with the feeling of having dined at any other basic restaurant. Sabor does charge on the upper end of the scale and I believe in paying for a superior dining experience, we just did not get it this time.
- dmcclDined on 11/14/2014Great place for a nice dinner. Priced well for what you get, and great selection of food and drinks. Service was great as well. Piano player throughout the evening was enjoyable, although the room itself was somewhat noisy and made it hard to hear conversation and what the server was explaining for specials, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Never disappointed when we eat at Sabor, food is ALWAYS perfect, best seafood in Edmonton. Service is first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magnificent & Flawless Dining ExperienceFlawlessDined on 11/13/2014My business partner and I travel extensively and dine in great restaurants in Canada, US and Europe. I would put my dining experience as one of the top ten ever and I'm over 65 yrs old. The atmosphere, server, food, wine was absolutely flawless. For a restaurant to achieve this level of greatness is no accident and the owner, managers and servers must be commended. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantástico!aaaaVIPDined on 11/7/2014Excellent food and service. Staff is fantastic. Will most certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, very impressed!liltomatoDined on 11/4/2014I have been to Sabor Divino a few times and every time I have gone it has been a wonderful experience! The food is amazing as is the service. Great atmosphere, and always a pleasure to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY FANTASTICCMillJrDined on 11/3/2014One of the best restaurants that I have eaten at in a long time. It is a higher end restaurant, but the food was fantastic, and the prices weren't too bad for a high end place. Also, the service was awesome. My girlfriend and I were there for a first anniversary and everything was excellent. I'd highly recommend it. They also give decent portion sizes. Too often, I find high end places serve very tiny portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,atmosphere. Romantic gemJammyDined on 11/1/2014Service is awesome and outstanding. The servers at this restaurant are top notch and truly make up a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Not to be missedWhycookathomeDined on 11/1/2014We had a delicious and well presented dinner with 10 friends last weekend at Sabor! What a delight to have our table in a private yet spacious enclave of the restaurant with lovely exposed brick walls everywhere. Appetizers, salads and entrees were both beautiful and delicious! Most notable were the mussels, interesting salads, beef tenderloin and prawn tagliatelle. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014Went over and above to make our dining experience pleasurable. Even mad the paella mite for me which is no longer on the menu! Bring it back please!!! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafood menu!Jey29Dined on 10/31/2014Great ambiance, live music during the weekends. A friend and I had to try their lobster risotto, tagliatelle with prawns and sturgeon with saffron rice since their seafood was highly recommended. Absolutely fantastic, and I'll definitely be back to try the rest of their seafood menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Great Staff, Great building. Food was good. They had a Spanish Guitarist that really added to the ambiance of the restaraunt.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysVictory88Dined on 10/28/2014Really enjoy atmosphere, food, service, its a gem for sure. You really get fantastic experience.Special Features:
- A Family FeastDragonDined on 10/26/2014We partook in the family feast which was a 5 course meal: Ceasar salad, crab & potatoe cakes, risoto, steamed seafood in a curry sauce and a trio of desserts to end off the meal. Each course was excellent and tastey. we took our 2 young children (2 and 4 1/2) who both ate each of the meals with great pleasure :) The portion size was generous and the 4 of us had more than enough to walk away satisfied. Would definitely return again.Special Features:
- First time visitingkimchipapaDined on 10/26/2014I have heard good things about Sabor and was excited to try it. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very unique and elegant, not easily found in Edmonton. Overall our meals were really good, we tried the course meal, and each course was prepared well and the seafood was excellently prepared (fish was not over cooked as is so often the case. Servings were generous and priced well. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed the atmosphere. Our server was very nice, efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicemarkDined on 10/25/2014Asked for quiet corner table for special occasion. We were seated next to service lane way and nearly next to guitarist. Waited 15 minutes before approached by server. Ordered wine and appetizers. We waited 20 minutes for wine. Our appetizer plates sat finished for a long time. We frequently filled out own wine. Food is great, we have been there many times. Service carries between fair to good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingScottyDined on 10/25/2014Staff, food, ambiance all above and beyond amazingSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We had the scallops and black spaghetti......delicious! Cesar salad was fresh, tasty...best we've had. For the food quality price point was very fair. Would definitely recommend this restaraunt for those looking for fine dining. ☺️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceMAC1Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent service, and recommendations from our waitress. Enjoyed the experience and the food - kudos to chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again for the seafood platter!KayeDined on 10/22/2014Excellent lobster, huge prawns, sweet plumb mussels and clams. What a wonderful wine list and we couldn't say no to the fruity sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not to matcheaterVIPDined on 10/18/2014With this being a higher priced place, you would expect the service to match. Not here. The waiter did not know anything about the food or the chefs specials. He did not know how any of the dishes were prepared and he did not have any wine knowledge and laughed at himself. Maybe this is Edmonton for you, but I have never had this low end service from any other place anywhere in the world. It is not a place I would go back to. Also sent one appetizer back. I think that there are other places that I would rather spend my money on in Edmonton.
- Our server was great! Food awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Server took the time to answer all my nut picky questions - food was delicious!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavhautespotFavhautespotDined on 10/11/2014The night started out poor, they ran out of lobster bisque. My wine glass was repeatedly attempted to be filled by numerous staff....it was white wine, which I prefer to drink cold...this called for numerous explanations to various staff members, which ultimately interrupted our evening and became annoying. Our coffees were served warm not hot and arrived well before our dessert. I like to drink an after dinner coffee with dessert! And finally, when asking "how's everything?" the manager placed his hand on my shoulder twice. It's okay to ask but avoid touching someone you don't know...it was creepy!!
- Another great meal at Sabor!DaveDined on 10/10/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and everytime the food and service is exceptional. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Birthday bashJackanoryDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding place. We had their "Table Platter", which is a 5 course meal, where they bring each course out on a large platter, from which everyone at the table helps themselves. On that day, the courses were tuna carpaccio (melted in your mouth), perfectly grilled shrimp, lobster risotto to die for, a platter of superb sea bass, pickerel and salmon, ending with an assortment of fabulous desserts. The waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and very attentive. From the moment we entered, where all the staff made eye contact and greeted you, to the time when we left, where they again thanked you and said good night, it was an exceptionally fine experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful space, piano was lovelyWhitefishDined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed our meal and the live entertainment🎹. Serving sablefish in cold salad was a bad idea because the fish was cold by the time it arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Great for work lunch. Also we had a gluten free person and a vegetarian and it catered to both so that was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the rebranding and new menuMamachowliDined on 10/6/2014We've been here a few times before but this was the first time since they changed their name and menu. For starters, we had the mussels which were plum and juicy (wish there were some bread for dipping) and steak tartar was up to par (though a little hard to eat with the frites, but they were delicious). I had the Seafood Paella and it was great as always (a timeless classic). Hubby tried the Three Boars and it was AmaZing! Best dish we have tried from here (or anywhere). They have a great wine list (I loved the Riesling) and the service was top-notch as well. What a great place to celebrate my birthday, kudos to Hubby for a fine choice! Thanks Sabor, we'll be back again for sure!Special Features:
- Amazing Gem!FoodieLoveDined on 10/6/2014From the moment we walked into the restaurant, we were taken in by the ambiance, the service and the amazing food! We were looked after by not only our server, but 2 others as well, leaving us quite content with full wine glasses and timely food delivery. This is a restaurant that we will frequent to on a regular basis and will highly recommend to others! Thank you for making our evening wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceMARRDined on 10/4/2014A co-worker suggested Sabor to me, so my boyfriend and I went for our anniversary. The atmosphere is very romantic and the pianist/classical guitar player is awesome. I had the Caesar salad to start and Tagliatelle with prawns and my boyfriend had the piri piri prawns and lobster risotto. Both were incredible and cooked to perfection. We also had an Argentinian wine and the chocolate cayenne mousse for dessert. Our server was also awesome. We never waited long for her to return and check on us or refill our wine glasses. She was friendly and knew a lot about all the menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sabor is divine!LindaDined on 10/3/2014Fabulous dining experience with menu choices that take you off the over beaten track, down home goes uptown. Tapas style portions allow for sampling and sharing. The seafood for which the restaurant is known, is cooked to perfection. Service is knowledge and professional. It is wonderful to enjoy live music at dinner and the guitarist who played on Friday night was very talented. Telling everyone and will be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerEatingEdmontonDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at Sabor and it was excellent. Great night with live music played by the owner throughout, amazing! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lascarDined on 10/3/2014We have been to Sabors' many times and it is just a great place to eat---everything on the menu is delicious, the staff are superb, and the entertainment is always great---but not too intrusive....one of our favorite spots!!Special Features:
- Another great mealbknightDined on 9/28/2014We had eaten here before and had been very happy so we came back. It was hard to believe that they could have exceeded our first experience but they did. We had the $49 per person family style special with 3 of us. It was excellent. Service was good and not rushed.Special Features: