23 Court Street
Plymouth, MA 02360Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sabordining.com/
- Phone: 5087460707
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sabor
Translated from Spanish, Sabor means “flavor” and that’s the essence that infuses everything we do. As the Boston Globe glowingly wrote about Sabor “... you’d be hard pressed to find a finer dining experience in America’s Hometown.” Nestled in the heart of downtown Plymouth, Massachusetts, Sabor’s casual café space is transformed into a contemporary, elegant and intimate dining experience at night. The cuisine is authentic and flavorful, combining the freshest ingredients with a contemporary fusion menu. Sabor offers perfectly prepared entrees, exceptional wines, savory soups, sumptuous salads and delectable desserts, sure to please any palate. Chef/Owner Vinicio Cordon has created many signature dishes that have become local favorites through the years. So, whether you’re looking for an intimate dinner, to entertain friends or clients, or just want to enjoy fine cuisine for lunch or Saturday breakfast, let Sabor flavor your life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sabor - Best Restaurants in Plymouth ›
Sabor reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (28)notable wine list (16)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- DinnerDined on 8/16/2014Food was good, server was busy as there weren't too many of them working. Table behind us was over served and obnoxious. As we finished eating, the restaurant suddenly got very warm. We did not stay for dessertSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!TakingStockDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food. Fabulous steak frittes, cooked to perfection as were the salmon (comment was this is the best salmon I have ever had) and the Seafood Fra Diavlo. Clean, crisp Euro flavored decor and excellent and attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sabor was exquisite once againchuz2savorDined on 8/6/2014This was our second, special occasion dinner at Sabor. We enjoyed another exceptional, memorable dining experience on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderful as always. The dinner, service and experience are special.Special Features:
- Great food!HallyDined on 7/25/2014The food was excellently prepared. From the beet salad and the sirloin steak which was perfectly seasoned, and cooked exactly how I like it, not what the chef thinks I should be eating it like! My daughter thought that the Crispy Chicken was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, table was not!KPM14VIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our first time at Sabor and we would dine there again. However, this time we would request a table not directly on top of another. We realize, from experience, that many places of this level of dining do have tables that are 2 feet apart, for whatever reason, so I am not surprised. However, that does not change the fact that it is uncomfortable to be that close to another couple when you are looking for an intimate dining experience with your spouse. I cannot eavesdrop at all however my wife could hear the entirety of the other couples' conversation...they were on a first, internet set up date, he was reading from a list of prompts to ask questions....not great. However, the wine WAS. As was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableTripDined on 7/19/2014As in the past we always find Sabor a solid reliable choice for a great dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 33rd AnniversaryTeresaDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, great for special occasion. We received great services. I will definitely recommend to my friends. Sabor restaurant will stay on top of imy list. I had the best coconut cake. Can't wait for a special occasion,it has to be on our next trip to Plymouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014We've been here many times and have always been happy with everything.Special Features:
- Top notch foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The food is always fresh and delicious. Had working pleasant staff. You will need to do reservations.Special Features:
- Long wait.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Food is excellent, specifically the fried chicken. Would definitely recommend, just be prepared for a long wait once your food is ordered. We waited over an hour to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixedsntcjo1Dined on 7/9/20141. The menu and wine list were very nice. 2. The food was good and well presented. 3. The service was excellent, given the fact that there was a staff of one at the front of the house. 4. The ambiance was fine. 5. I don't mind an open kitchen, but it needs to be spruced up a bit. Cluttered looks dirty even if it's not. 6. The back hall that had to be walked through to get to the rest rooms was cluttered and dirty. 7. The restrooms were dirty.Special Features:
- Wonderful!keithonearthVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food and service is always EXCELLENT! We've dined here many times. We love the wine menu and the food is creative and delicious. It's the perfect restaurant for a special occasion. Try the risotto, it's is outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Everything was delicious! Roasted beet salad and the crab and corn bisque; fresh seafood, cooked to perfection; divine seafood pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sabor, best food south of BostonwritepilotDined on 6/26/2014Two days earlier, I had dinner at the restaurant of French chef Christian Constant in Paris. The food at Sabor was equally good, without the wait, larger portions, and less expensive--and not a lot of people know, so no wait. Not just for special occasions, Sabor, I think, has the best food on the South Shore, definitely the best in Plymouth for appetizers, soups, lamb, seafood, chicken, beef, pasta, and other delicious fare, all apparently sourced fresh daily by the chef, himself, from Boston suppliers or local farmers' markets, with desserts by an excellent pastry chef and a nice wine list. A lovely quiet atmosphere. Note: Open Wed-Sat evenings only.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicehoparounddinersDined on 6/21/2014Can't believe this restaurant has been around 16 years. In the heart of downtown Plymouth, intimate seating (about 10 tables), great service, dinners cooked to order and desserts made on premises. Appetizers were bright and luscious: crab and corn bisque and roasted beet salad. The specials, seared striper or halibut, fusilli with lobster cream sauce were absolutely delicious. Now that we found you, it won't be long before we return.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsPriscilla582Dined on 6/19/2014Reviews praised the small restaurant, so we decided to try it. We are very happy we did! We enjoyed the best meal of our vacation week in Plymouth. My husband selected Steak Frites, a perfect cut of sirloin, perfectly seasoned, served with parmesan rosemary fries. The little leftover was just as good reheated. I opted for the seafood special of the night, Striped sea bass, served over a mildly spiced creamy risotto, also cooked to perfection, succulent and lightly browned. It is nice to know all ingredients are organic, fresh, grown naturally, and/or wild. The space is small but not cramped. The sangrias were as good as we have had. Reservation suggested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2014our family likes to celebrate birthdays here...and we always have a great meal and friendly and good service. the daily menu additions are our favorites!Special Features:
- great find in downtown PlymouthjosephDined on 6/7/2014Sabor is an elegant restaurant in downtown Plymouth, Ma that brings quality urban dining to the suburbs. This gem is run by an owner/chef that clearly has an eye for an upscale dining environment and the skill and creativity for well above average food preparation. While his printed menu is small the specials he creates each night are numerous giving diners lots of choices and surprises for their dinning experience. This is a restaurant that is moderately expensive and is definately best suited for adult diners, be they couples or small groups. Great for special occasions too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014always a hit with us...the daily menu additions are seasonal and excellent!Special Features:
- May 30, 2014mylesDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I go out every Friday night. We like to try different resaurants on the South Shore, MA. We had a wonderful experience at Sabor. Atmosphere quet, only about 8 -10 tables. Service was a little slow to bring first glass of wine. After that they did an excellent job. Appetizers were terrific, main coarse was excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- pwatDined on 5/30/2014A top notch chef in hiding. Highly recommended. The food was excellent. Multiple wines are available but no mixed drinks. The selection was quite good and the staff was knowledgeable.Special Features:
- UnappreciatedHard2pleaseDined on 5/23/2014We were dismayed that the restaurant wasn't full. Oh my, our dinner was delicious. !!!Special Features:
- InventiveSwampyShantyDined on 5/21/2014The chef is always inventive. I always take notes. Prix Fixe meals are a great bargain.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Dinner was wonderful, especially the scallops!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- GumboVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is no longer my favorite Plymouth restaurant, but it's not bad place at all. Just not very interesting any more. Food is still very good, but menu seldom has changes, even though instead of long menu, there are now "Additions, " i.e., quite a long list of specials to choose from. What is on the old menu are "old favorites" that Sabor has gained its reputation from. Seafood stew was good - I've had it there before, but it would benefit from some "change ups" occasionally. Tuna special was very tender. Salad was good but again, not very interesting.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its cover!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014A small unassuming space called Sabor's serves some of the best food in the area…by far! Beautifully cooked, freshness you can taste, sauces are incredible, served by very pleasant wait staff! Simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!!AbduxDined on 5/9/2014Fabulous food! We had a great night with friends over a terrific meal and accompanied wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014We try to go here as much as we can because we enjoy it so much. Short menu but lots of specials. Love there scollops and rack of lamb.Special Features:
- The following 151 reviews are from the Sabor reviews archive.
- Bravo!viajeroDined on 4/25/2014Another fine meal at Sabor. The highlight was the braised cod, which both of us rated as superb - the chef brought out everything one could hope for in rich flavor. We raved about it. All the rest was excellent, good bread, carefully selected wines, perfect vegetables. The kitchen knows what food is about. Bravo Sabor!Special Features:
- Downtown GemwestpointDined on 4/24/2014Plymouth MA has a lively and eclectic downtown mix of great little places to dine and hear music. Sabor is where you go if you're looking to have the ultimate 'foodie' experiece---Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014We go as often as we can. Always good food and service.Special Features:
- i love this little place !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014cute, great service , unique food, good selection of wine. have been here a few times and its always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Great food, great service, a little louder than I would have liked (other tables) but usually love the ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheeniecooDined on 4/19/2014Sabor was an amazing find in Plymouth! The food was fresh and delicious! Our servers were amazing and had some great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Perfect...KimnDined on 4/18/2014Would definitely return for food and atmosphere. Two issues interfered, however, with a nearly flawless experience: ordered my steak MR; it came MW. Good steak-- too bad it was so over-cooked. Definitely out of character with the balance of the meal, which was amazing--especially wife's entrée of scallops with a crab risotto . Issue number two was the service: server #1, who greeted us, took the drink order and explained the specials, was professional and very knowledgeable. Server #2, who took our order and handled us from that point forward, not so much. Not sure the second server even cared about the over-cooked steak. Overall, would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional mealluvgrtfoodDined on 3/29/2014The food was delicious, great service, quiet, classy restaurant. A gem!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantbos73Dined on 3/22/2014A wonderful surprise in Plymouth; the chef really knows what he's doing. We had two different scallop dishes, large scallops with crab meat risotto and baby scallops, pesto and pasta. Both were out of this world.The starter mesclun salad was flavorful, crisp and lightly dressed. The chocolate ganache, nutella confection we chose for dessert is light ,rich, and creamy smooth. Pastry of that quality is rare. The service is attentive and friendly- a very comfortable place. The chef goes to every table at some point help serve, too. It's like dining at the home of a friend. Be sure to make reservations; there are only about 10-12 tables and small bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedorfitnessdivaDined on 3/14/2014I'd been looking forward to trying this restaurant for some time and unfortunately I'm walking away with no desire to return. Service was very slow and the food was disappointing. The ceviche was not really ceviche, it was more like a crudo. My steak was over done and tough. There are plenty of places in the area I would recommend before this place...Solstice, Ember, Roobar, New World Tavern ...
- Wonderful restaurant. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/14/2014Wonderful restaurant. We were second in the restaurant. The third couple seated next to us were told they ran out of the special, which was swordfish. Even if all three in the other party ordered it (I didn't, but my partner did), could they have had only four servings of the special? It seems odd. Other than that, awe had a lovely time. This was our fourth time there, so clearly we love the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.