901 Fawn St.
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sabatinos.com/
- Phone: 4107272667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30am; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Renato Rotondo Sr..
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Sabatino"s offers a wide range of limited service catering entree options. We deliver Party Trays hot and ready to serve daily from 10:30 AM until 11:00 PM to businesses in the Baltimore Metropolitan Area. We require just a few hours notice to deliver lunch or dinner to your corporate group of 15 - 500! Check out the Party Tray/Catering menu on our website at www.sabatinos.com or contact a manager at 410-727-2667!
- Private Party Facilities: Sabatino's has been hosting corporate and special occasion groups in Private Dining Rooms for over 40 years! We have PRIVATE ROOMS that can comfortably seat 20 - 150 guests and our full service event planner, Lisa, can assist you with planning every aspect of your event! Whether you're hosting a Corporate Meeting, celebrating a Birthday or Graduation, planning a Rehearsal Dinner or just gathering a large group of family and friends, Sabatino's has a group dining option and a menu to suit your needs. There is a comprehensive section on Private Dining on our website at www.sabatinos.com. There you will find menu options, enhancements, photos of our Private Dining Rooms and sample printed menus. You can contact Lisa Monday - Friday during the day at 410-727-2667 or speak with any manager if she is not available. We look forward to working with you to plan festive and memorable events!
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Morekas 4107272667
- Cross Street: High St.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is free for up to 3 hours. We also offer Valet Parking for $8.00 per car beginning at 3:00 PM on Sunday and beginning at 5:00 PM on Monday - Saturday. There are also 3 large "pay lots' within 2 blocks of Sabatino's. The closest pay lot is also the most cost efficient. It is $3.00 per car after 5:00 PM weekdays and all day on Saturday and Sunday. This lot is on the Corner of Central Ave and Bank St. Enter the lot from Central Ave.
A word from Sabatino's
Located in the heart of Baltimore"s famous Little Italy, Sabatino's has been serving Baltimore locals and tourists delicious Central and Southern Italian fare for over 50 years! Whether you're out for an intimate dinner for two, a family gathering, or hosting a larger group in a Private Dining Room, Sabatino's gives you the ambiance you're after. Sabatino's has been consistently voted the People's Choice for Best Italian Restaurant and recently received the Editor's Choice for Best Italian Restaurant by the Baltimore City Paper. "Consistency and integrity are what drove us to give Sabatino's the Best Italian nod... This is Italian without apology: Tongue-tingling Penne and Vodka Sauce; Veal Florentino avalanched in dreamy cheeses; piquant scalloppines, and crisp-baked parmigianas - This is the real deal, served in an environment (a row house int he heart of Little Italy) that's as honest as the food. Join us for lunch, dinner, or late-night dining! Buon Appetito!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sabatino's reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)good for groups (54)special occasion (45)romantic (28)fit for foodies (26)kid-friendly (22)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (13)late-night find (10)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Locals Love ItYumbotDined on 9/27/2014As we waited for our table, we watched table after table leave and hug and kids the man at the door. Clearly this place is a locally loved restaurant. Food was good, service spotty, atmosphere very lively!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteKarson0303Dined on 9/21/2014Growing up we would always celebrate special occasions at Sabitinos. When you live in Maryland every family has their "go to" Little Italy restaurant. The food never disappoints. The linguini with crab sauce was amazing and the calamari is a family favorite.Special Features:
- Needs major repairsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Service was good but the atmosphere was not so great. Food was average at best. The building needed major repairs and updates. The light on the wall next to our table was held together by a piece of tape.
- RoadwarriorDined on 9/18/2014We were a party of 6. My food was very good but someone got a shrimp dish that they thought was just okay. Service was reasonable. Surroundings were a bit outdated but all in all the experience was a good one.Special Features:
- GOOD EATS AS USUALluv2dateDined on 9/16/2014Had not been to Sabatino's in years. Still a great place. I ordered whatI had the last time I was there--15 years ago. I had the Veal Francaise and it was nicely cooked. The salad dressing didn't quite taste the same--the cheese was a little grainy. I would prefer the dressing on the side. It was a little too saturated. My three other friends enjoyed their meals. Wines, a cab and a chianti, both good.Special Features:
- feedbagDined on 9/13/2014The food is amazing. We ordered several dishes around our table and we all sampled from each dish. We were all very pleased. Highly recommend a stop in if you are in Little Italy.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/13/2014Service was very nice but food was average. None of the restaurant recommendations apply for me yert I am forced to choose oneSpecial Features:
- Great food in a great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I have been to Sabatino's several times over the years and it is always great food! The service is amazing - quick, pleasant and efficient. The Eggplant Parmesan and the meatballs were the best!Special Features:
- General commentsFrankDined on 9/13/2014Food was very good but I prefer more cheese in my lasagna. House salad dressing excellent. Friendly staff. Appreciate being able to order half portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluvgoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014The service was fantastic and the food delicious .had a nice table in the corner and you felt like part of the family. I will definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excelllent dinner.CathyDined on 9/11/2014The food and service were outstanding. I hope to be back soon!Special Features:
- Warm and invitingSpringer1Dined on 9/8/2014We had a wonderful opportunity to celebrate our son's birthday and Ms Ruth was simply a joy to have as our waitress. We always choose Sabatinos when we're celebrating a family event and Sabatinos never disappoints! The food was delish, atmosphere takes us back in time and we just enjoyed ourselves immensely. Making online reservations was very convenient and fast! Thanks AGAIN for a great eveningSpecial Features:
- ClassicLisainMDDined on 9/6/2014Sabatinos is a classic in Little Italy, Baltimore. You can't go wrong when you go with a time honored restaurant. The spaghetti with meat sauce is outstanding. When we were there they featured a special crab marinara sauce that was wonderful. The bread was soft and fresh. The calamari came out fast with their flavorful marinara. It was very good. We had a party of 6. 1/2 of us had a small left over container. All in all a wonderful family tradition in Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabatinosOldGrayMareDined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a familiar dining experience but Sabs is not what it use to be food wise. The service was great. The host was friendly. The food ain't what it use to be. The Bookmaker's salad was wilted and the veal dinners were a little under cooked. We were there on a Saturday night early and the chef should not have been rushed. Happy Birthday Dear!Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceToniDined on 9/4/2014The food was plentiful, but not as flavorful as other local Italian restaurants. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing.DaveDined on 9/1/20144 in our party, 3 unhappy with their food, mine was just acceptable. Also, bread was cold and dry, was no better after we asked them to warm up. Just not a good dining experience.
- Very good but pasta disappointedKAE0420Dined on 8/30/2014Overall a great meal but the pasta tasted like boxed. Chicken Parm was amazing! Service was a bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectationsRunningForceDined on 8/30/2014The kitchen was slow. The food was not prepared with care. Anything with cheese was smothered with cheese to the detriment of other ingredients on the place. I had the Veal Florentine. The sauce was so lemony that it was sour tasting and you could also clearly taste the white wine in the sauce. My dining companion had the same sauce on the plate and made the same comment.
- Lost it's charmCesarandJanetDined on 8/30/2014After eating here several times since I was a child I have to say it has lost I much of it's appeal and charm. Granted you still need a reservation to get a table on a Saturday, I would have preferred Olive Garden over this garbage. I ordered the house special Veal Sabitino, it came out cold with just lemon slices no prosciutto. I would have sent it back however our waitress did not return until the end of everyone else's meal. I did not eat my food and questioned the missing ingredients. Instead of correcting the situation she got the menu and debated me on what's in it. Clearly she was wrong! With that she went and got three pieces out if the fridge and handed it to me to cook myself at home. I was horrified and will not return ever.Special Features:
- ChessieDined on 8/29/2014This is a Baltimore treasure. Never any surprises. Feels like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Sabatino's is a favorite of Little Italy. We often dine here when getting together with my in-laws or for family gatherings. Food is solid and service is consistent. Bookmaker salad is not to be missed. All other food is what you would expect from a down home italian restaurant. Hearty portions and just that classic italian flavor you're looking for. We had our rehearsal dinner here a year ago in the wine cellar and everyone had a great time. Good atmosphere and great service!Special Features:
- Football WeekendVirginiaBuckeyesDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful service, wonderful food. Wonderful atmosphere. Just you would expect in Little Italy.Special Features:
- Venue with a lot of potentialSaludDined on 8/23/2014We had high hopes for this place, as it was recommended by friends at the local fire station. Great atmosphere and we were seated by the owner! Unfortunately, the service was spotty at best and the food would have been great if it wasn't overcooked. (Our waitress had the gall to tell our party of 10 that she "would have separated our checks if we would have told her when we first sat down") Bread was served cold and was obviously not baked at the restaurant. Owners would do well to either hire a more professional wait staff or re-train the ones they have! Good wine selection!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The service here was great! We had a group of 16 and were taken care of very efficiently with 2 servers. Food came out on time as well as drinks. Portions were good for the cost. It had a very homey feel to it and the surrounding neighborhood is very nice. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service great, food mediocrehaverforddinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014For many years we've enjoyed traditional Italian food here but this time, the food tasted bland or premade, not fresh. Too bad, the place feels right but kitchen failed to match the ambience and service.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014We went there with the family for or anniversary. The food was very good and plentiful. They took care of us and made us feel at home. We enjoyed the cheesecake. Afterwards as we walked around Little Italy several people spotted our take away boxes and asked where we ate. They headed there too We enjoyed the left overs the next few days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Way to Celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014A lovely Monday evening in little Italy, Baltimore, to celebrate a young man's 16th Birthday! Food was awesome, service was fantastic! Everyone was very pleasant and accomodating. Monday evening dinning was a FANTASTIC experience - we practically had the place to ourself, no problems with parking, etc. It was a wonderful evening!!!!!Special Features:
- Good History; bad foodPreaknessMasterDined on 8/10/2014The most disappointing part of the experience was the food. The bread was disguisting...my wife and I only ate it because we were starving. The service was tired and slow. The main meal was basic -- edible, but nothing special. We will be choosing another Little Italy restaurant the next time we go for Italian.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014I remember this as a delicious Old-World style Italian restaurant. We ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and the food was horrible. The salad was out of a bag and the dressing was gritty and harsh. Unappetizing. The sausage and peppers appetizer was nondescript and the veal Francese was terrible. No wine or brandy in it and tasted of old oil and lemon. I didn't eat it. The cannoli filing was soupy and the shell was tough. I will NEVER go back there again. Never.
- Great Food, a little loudluvgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014The food is great. We go a few times a year for special occasions. The noise level can be very high. This time we were sat on the other side of the door next to stairs. So we had all the noise from people gathering and walking heavy on the stairs. The ambience is much better in the lower level of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in Little ItalyGothereoftenDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Sabatino's numerous times. The food is always excellent, as is the service.Special Features:
- disappointingJconnDined on 8/9/2014We heard great things about Sabatinos and decided to try it during restaurant week. The highlight of the experience was the host who waited almost an hour while we searched for parking. He saved our table and we sat right away. We had two waitresses who kept asking the same questions the other one had just asked. They were not very friendly and at times very slow. The bread was cold and stale and served with ice cold butter which was impossible to spread. Food came out extremely fast (which led me to believe it was not fresh). The chicken parm and pasta was cold and just okay. The restaurant was incredibly dated and had an odd smell, which would have been fine if the food had been up to par. Overall, very disappointing. Won't be back.
- Waitress knew her menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Tried to switch the service comment to Good or Very Good but the computer would not let me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real comfort food!NancyNDined on 8/9/2014Waitresses who treat you like a cousin visiting from out of town, food that invariably brings a sigh of satisfaction--what more is there? Sab's is still doing things the way they have for decades. If it ain't broke, why change? Go here when you need to revalidate your love for food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBrownSugarDined on 8/8/2014We went to Sabatino's for my daughter's birthday and it was also restaurant week. As soon as we came into the restaurant we were greeted by a host and seated. The waiter was attentive and friendly. More Important, the food was good, not great, but good and the portions were nice. All in all, we enjoyed the service and the food. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!BmoreHokieDined on 8/7/2014We went to Sabatinos during restaurant week as we hadn't been there in years. I had the salad to start and the homemade italian dressing is so delicious! I then had the Baked Rigatoni and it was to die for, a perfect blend of cheeses and marinara, and the portion was huge! My husband had a strip steak with a side of spaghetti and marinara. The steak was a bit smaller than the size suggested on the menu but it was good nonetheless. I finished with a Cannoli - it was heavenly! My husband got the cheesecake which was good too - but seriously if there is room for dessert, go Cannoli! Our server Tina was so nice and on top of things. She made us feel at home!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week TreatmpsmonkeyDined on 8/6/2014Great food. Great service. Great wine. Ok atmosphere. Ok price. And restaurant week attracted crying babies and loud toddlers.Special Features:
- Great Italian mealLuv2eatDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed it all! From the Italian bread and house salad with creamy Italian dressing to the spaghetti and meatballs with their signature garlic bread. Then topped off our meal with a chocolate chip cannoli and great coffee. Our fellow diners enjoyed their eggplant parmigiana and ziti too. No complaints from anyone at our table. We're already planning our return visit. The restaurant was old-fashioned and did remind us of an era gone by, but this ambiance made it all the more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same Great Experience!ECFoodieDined on 8/4/2014We have been to Sabatino's several times and it is the usual great experience. The bonus was that it was Restaurant Week in Baltimore, so we got a special deal with our dinner. Also, we were able to try a perfect bottle of wine (which was at a promotional price) for our meal. Our friends from out of town thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:
- very nicejewelsDined on 8/2/2014Food was pretty good typical italian food. Our server was amazing.Special Features: