Sabatino's Trattoria and Bar
950-15355 24 Ave
South Surrey, BC V4A 2H9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Sabatino's Trattoria and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sabatinostrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6045425989
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4pm to 9pm
Tuesday to Thursday 11:30am - 10pm
Friday 11:30am - 11pm
Saturday 4pm - 11pm
Sunday 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Paul Mizera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Weddings, Receptions, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Corporate Presentations ...
A word from Sabatino's Trattoria and Bar
Sabatino's Trattoria & Bar brings authentic rustic Italian flare for a casual relaxed meal yet sophisticated enough for a special night out. This Italian eatery and wine bar is a true taste of Italian cuisine, featuring both traditional classics and modern staples. Like the food, the space itself is warm and inviting in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Large gluten free Menu that includes pasta, deserts & beer all gluten free. Private Room Available for up to 20 guests.
Large gluten free Menu that includes pasta, deserts & beer all gluten free. Private Room Available for up to 20 guests.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sabatino's Trattoria and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (9)romantic (5)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- RedPeteLuvFoodDined on 8/2/2014The red pasta sauce was really rich in flavor. In a good way. Wine and dessert was really good. Over all a very nice placeSpecial Features:
- OutstandingdatenightluvrDined on 7/25/2014I took my husband here for a date night. I had researched formal Italian dining and had an idea of what I wanted to see on a menu. Sabatino's had it all. Even the warm olives with bruschetta as a starter. We ordered little bits of everything, and just sat nibbling for 2.5 hours. The wine was excellent. Service was phenomenal, very polite and pleasant. The perfect amount of being present to keep our glasses filled and attend our needs, while not once ever feeling intruded upon. Absolutely fantastic evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous food at SabatinosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We chose to go to this restaurant with friends because we each had a coupon. We both agreed at the end of the meal that we will be back even without a coupon. The food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten FreeSoozDined on 7/11/2014Very good selection of gf choices. Accommodating to adapt other menu choices as well. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxing eveningMagsDined on 7/8/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner on the patio. It was a lovely warm evening but we were the first to sit outside where we received very attentive service. We have eaten here several times and the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed our food and service. Open Table: Our guest # changed from 7 to 5 and I couldn't see where to update or confirm our guest # after I entered it. The restaurant wasn't aware of our change. They mentioned someone before us also had the same problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrazyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014While we were waiting for our lunch to arrive, a car crashed into the front of the restaurant. Lost my appetite instantly. My heart was racing, thankful nobody was hurt. Took my food to go, didn't realize till I got home that my Panini came on a sesame seed hamburger bun? Not what I was expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LincoDined on 5/17/2014I recently enjoyed an evening at Sabatino's. The food was excellent and I really appreciated the ability to order a half order of the pasta. I was a single diner and was treated politely and pleasantly, not rushed to get the table free. I will definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- ExcellentdpennerDined on 5/6/2014My friend, meet every month and we were very happy with our service & the meals at Sabatinos. We will be back.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the Sabatino's Trattoria and Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014We were there on a Saturday night and were surprised at how few people were there. Food was good, Service was good, Pricing was quite high for a family neighbourhood type place. The wine list, while quite extensive seemed overloaded with quite expensive wines. not sure that we'll be back very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but very slow serviceDrewDined on 4/11/2014We have eaten here quite a few times, and the food is always amazing … but this particular evening, the service was ridiculously slow. We had a "seasoned" server, too, and they were fully staffed, and not too busy …. but it took an hour for our food to come. And when we asked about it, she was rather defensive and not at all apologetic. Because of this (because of her, actually) we will not go back to this restaurant. We left (after having been there for a ridiculous 2.5 hours) feeling quite angry, actually. If our server had apologized, or even acknowledged our comments, we would have been less upset. But she was very dismissive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreePrincessHJCDined on 3/21/2014Options were great - loved the toast with the crab and artichoke dipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!JasmineDined on 3/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food, service and entertainment were excellent! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcomed on a snowy dayMagsDined on 2/24/2014We were welcomed and had great service even though there was an awful lot of snow outside and the staff wanted to get home. They closed the restaurant after we arrived for our 6.30 reservation but did not hurry us at all. The restaurant was obviously very quiet because we were the only ones there, the food and the service were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent! Very crowded,JTSRDined on 2/15/2014Food was excellent! Very crowded, service very slow. i guess to to Valentines. Based on the outstanding food, would certainly try it again." We loved the live music.. singing great classics.. AMORESpecial Features:
- Valentine DinnerseaphantomDined on 2/14/2014Wife and I booked online for a Valentine Dinner. Food was good, service was extremely slow. Had to wait for almost an hour and fifteen minutes between completion of the appies & the main course. NOticed same scene with at least 2 tables besides us. Our order for the full course was placed right in the beginning. Would be suitable for those who like their drinks slow and steady, and are not concerned when the food is served.
- Slow serviceSamyVIPDined on 2/14/2014It took more than 90 minutes to get our food. The service was terrible but the food is goodSpecial Features:
- Sabatino'spickyDined on 1/21/2014Excellent Service, good food. Good atmosphere.Nicely done. I would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014We brought out of town guests. We all enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Our friends were very impressed with the meals as well as the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve to rememberFoxyRoxyDined on 12/31/2013We were greeted immediately with smiles and warm welcomes. The server was attentive at all times. We had mussels and the spinach and artichoke dip for our starters and they were really good. Main course was even better. I had te veal osso bucco which was tasty and tender. Best part was the fettuccini noodles with oil & garlic and a bit of sauce from veal, just salivating thinking about that again. My husband who compares every spaghetti and meat sauce to his fathers was quite impressed With what he had.My friends enjoyed their meals as well. We all thought it was super nice of the owners to come around and check on us a few times. Gave us the family restaurant feel. I will have to say I really enjoyed our New Year's Eve and will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great for NYEsnowbirds56Dined on 12/31/2013Got to enjoy a last minute reservation for four at Sabatinos. Unlike other places with a fixed menu on New Years Eve, they had their standard menu with a few chef specials thrown in. It was a great surprise to have live music during dinner! Throw in the wine selection and service that goes with it and there's very little to complain or find fault here.Special Features:
- we dine here every time weJTSRDined on 12/31/2013we dine here every time we come to surrey wonderful placeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Visit Sabatino's a few times a year and each visit is just as good as the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sabatino's ReviewFoodyFamilyDined on 12/29/2013It had been a while since we were last here - and we agreed our absence had been too long. A great menu - not lengthy but great selections of Italian food classics. Atmosphere casual but sophisticated enough to establish the Italian ambiance. Food quality consistently high, well presented and in generous quantities. A good value for the price. But the staff really make this a great experience, right from being greeted at the entrance and all through the meal service. Vibrant and friendly but not intrusive - like family. We'll be back before too long.Special Features:
- Dining outSryguyDined on 12/14/2013We live in south Surrey and dine out several times a week,this restaurant has been consistant with the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013. We had a large party and we were all served and taken care of with such ease and thoughtfulness. I love this restaurant and would be confident to go back with a group or for romantic dinning for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was attentive, suggestiveMaryDined on 12/11/2013Service was attentive, suggestive and perfect, only eclipsed by the food. We had a the rack of lamb & gnocci and it was amazing! I will go back again and again. Highly recommend and worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I took a group of 20 clients to dinner at Sabatino's and the experience was excellent. Only one person in the party had been there previously so the rest of us had no idea what to expect. The service was excellent. The food was very fresh, of high quality in both preparation and presentation. Everyone had something different and each was very pleased with their entrees. Would highly recommend this restaurant,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ol' Timessnowbirds56Dined on 12/7/2013From the moment you walk in, the service you receive is just fantastic. Staff is friendly and attentive and makes sure to be around frequently enough to take care of the group. The environment is nice and the lights are dim enough to make it relaxing and romantic. Food was excellent and prices were reasonable and fare. The only 1 thing that wasn't as great as everything else is that we asked for about 5 bottles of a specific wine and they only had 2 in stock...so the Server recommended an alternative and it wound up being pretty tasty. Overall I would recommend Sabatino's to anyone looking for a place with great service, reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere, and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a really nice time,Cat12Dined on 12/7/2013we had a really nice time, great food service and even live music which was at just the right volume so you could still talk.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencePastaDinaDined on 12/6/2013Greeted nicely on arrival. Service friendly & prompt. Food very tasty. Excellent value.Wine selection was very good. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place was great.JTSRDined on 12/5/2013Service was fantastic. Besides the booths thought it was a great setup. Very lively. The pre-meal bread and butter was AMAZING. Food came out fast and staff was very attentive. Lamb was delicious. Really impressed. All was hassle free and it was Friday night. I will definitely be eating here again. this place is a ten- a tad loud when fully seated, but overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummydpennerDined on 12/4/2013The perfect meal & service. We really enjoyed our evening, the I ate the fish of the day & my spouse had the lobster ravioli. The evening was topped off with a yummy tiramisiu.Special Features:
- White Rock Christmas DinnerVikingDined on 11/29/2013Food needs to improve in taste quality. Many of us had the veal and the sauces were not good. Also the vegetables while cooked properly were cold on the plate when they arrived. Also we has two dinners arrive late which caused the others to wait and these dinners cool down. Prices are as high as the rest of white rock better restaurants and Safeway parking lot location is not stellar compared to dining down at the beach with the ocean view so they really need to get better. They were full so obviously I may have to return to give them another chance before forming a final opinion but it will not be with a group as this was my recommendation to try it and none of our group of 6 left impressed.Special Features:
- BadNEilBDined on 11/9/2013There was 6 of us for dinner We had to wait at least 20 minutes for service and had to leave the table to ask for drinks We received 5 out of 6 plates of food and by the time the 6th plate arrived, we had to send 2 plates back to be reheated The only time the waitress smiled was when she gave us the bill Bad service and bad food.
- Enjoyed the experienceIoamolapastaDined on 10/26/2013We had a party of 11 and were very well looked after. The pasta dishes were all very good. The one complaint was for the ribs. They were over done and dry. We were very pleased with the live music, it wasn't so loud that you couldn't talk. I believe that the restaurant has changed hands but the menu is virtually the same and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star diningParvDined on 10/15/2013From the moment you enter the restaurant,there is a warm welcome and friendly smile ready to take you to your table. All of the staff and management have superior customer service skills. Our dinner, from appetizers to the desserts were absolutely delicious, lots of flavours and good quality meats . We will definite be back and recommend Sabatinos to all of our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerdpennerDined on 10/14/2013We dined here with over the long weekend. Our service was great, ourbserver suggested a bottle of wine, it was very nice with our main dish. We were pleasantly surprised with the live music. Very nice evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerLORODined on 10/13/2013A great place to go when getting the extended family together for dinner. We all enjoyed the thanksgiving dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and a missFamilyof16Dined on 10/12/2013There was an appetizing bowl of bread on the table. Throughout the evening our waitress was using her inexperience as an excuse as to why she rarely checked on us. When she did have a task to do, such as ordering and delivering drinks in a timely manner, she failed. As to our disappointment, the wait times and inconsistency between the kitchen and service staff did not fair so well for us. Not once did a manager step in and assist the waitress when she was obviously overwhelmed. Thank goodness for the hostesses or busers who we're checking on water and bread. The food quality was good for the price, appetizers were spot on. Chicken and veal a tad dry. The ambience was comfortable yet, I wish we had the experience the website offered.