4441 West Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60641Neighborhood:
Old Irving Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sabatinoschicago.com/
- Phone: 7732838331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM, Wednesday, Saturday: 5:00 PM - 12:30 AM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call to inquire.
A word from Sabatino's Restaurant
Welcome to Sabatinos a beautiful old school Italian restaurant with delcious food and great ambieance. You get bread including focaccia - a kind of pizza bread, then a salad and soup, then an entree - try the veal Parmesan, and a side of pasta. Many recommend the baked Alaska dessert. Sabatino"s is dimly lit with flowers on every table, this Italian-American restaurant has been the perfect date restaurant for about 25 years. Diners might have their steak or seafood entrees complemented by the serenade of strolling musicians in the main room or piano music in the bar area. Angelo Pagni, who owns the restaurant with his brother, Enzo, said Sabatino's is popular in the neighborhood for a lot of reasons, food and atmosphere and chief among them. Stop in today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sabatino's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (20)special occasion (17)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lunch 10-16-14OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed our visit to Sabatino's last week. The food was delicious and plentiful and the service attentive, but not intrusive. Although there were others seated near us, our conversation was not impeded.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The food was tasteless. The appetizer, the baked clams were heavily saturated in oil and the bread crumbs were burnt! The Veal had no flavor whatsoever! It was very disappointing to pay for a meal you didn't enjoy. We took leftovers home and threw them out. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Great Neighborhood ItalianMJJJDined on 10/8/2014Been going here since I moved into the neighborhood decades ago. Always excellent.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/7/2014Service was fine except it took a while to get the main course.Special Features:
- Great Italian rest. to bring a dateSteveSkoDinesDined on 10/3/2014My new girlfriend had been raving about Sabatinos for awhile and she hadn't been there in a longtime. It is obviously a favorite of a lot of people's because it was packed on a Saturday night. The showmanship of the waiters and the owners whether its setting a Baked Alaskan aflame or bringing out a filet on fire is well worth seeing. But the food was out of this world. Prices are pretty reasonable considering the quality of the food and how much you get. Pound for pound, the best deal in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food -- a terrible experienceNorridgeNaturalDined on 9/30/2014We made a reservation using Open Table, specifically requesting a QUIET TABLE. It wasn't! We were seated next to a small semi-private room with one, perhaps two, tables. One of the occupants of that room was a slurred-spoken (drunken?) woman with a potty mouth. She dropped a loud series of F-Bombs, audible to everyone nearby, almost the entire time we were in the restaurant, closed to two hours. We complained about the situation to our waitress and she responded "There's nothing I can do." Well, she COULD have asked the woman to clean up her act or asked Enzo, one of the owners, who was on duty, to speak to the woman (and threaten expulsion), but the waitress didn't. She simply shrugged her shoulders and walked away.
- Wonderful Service !AprilDined on 9/26/2014Drove in from the suburbs to meet with family for a birthday celebration. As always it was wonderful food, service was great, always a special evening.Special Features:
- boboDined on 9/12/2014Old school Italian, tons of food! The best veal i've had since my last visit to Roma! We will definetlybe going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HedonismhedonismDined on 8/20/2014Great food. Great decor. Fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Never missesPaperdollVIPDined on 8/19/2014We live downtown and meet here with people coming from the suburbs. The management gives us a quiet table that we request. So when everything else is right - the fantastic food is even better. Don't forget the parking!Special Features:
- HLL84Dined on 8/18/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. "Old school" Italian at its finest. Love the strolling musicians & piano bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatVIPDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant always has excellent food and service! We always enjoy dining here. No matter what is ordered it is delicious.Special Features:
- SalsaDined on 7/30/2014I was there with a group. We had a table which was in a corner. That was good for conversation with a large group. Much better than being in the center of the room. The veal was up to it's usual rating-excellent. One person had a chicken breast special that was stuffed with veal. I hope they have it again. so I can have a full order!It was delicious. The complimentary pizza bread is always a free treat. Others had various pastas which they enjoyed. I think the price is very reasonalbe for the amount of food (soup, salad,entree & side dish). I always have enough for a "to go" box.Special Features:
- Fun TimeiEatfoodDined on 7/25/2014Food was enjoyable, very fun time out on the patio. Big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014We had a reservation for 2 people but once we arrived at the restaurantand ended up sitting with a group of 7. I ordered the Walleye but was told about 10 minutes after ordering they had run out. The server did not bring me a menu to reselect. I ended up with a very dry Whitefish. I told the server I needed to be gluten free. After serving the table with bread, soup (not gluten free) and complimentary ravioli, I had to ask the server to bring me my salad. I was very hungry since it had been over an hour since we had been seated. Another person at the table had a veal speciality. It looked good and he loved it. The music in the bar was fantastic. Bobby Salone was on the piano.Special Features:
- Great way to celebrate!likefoodDined on 7/17/2014Sabatino's is a great place to take your lovely to enjoy good food. It's like going to a downtown restaurant with neighborhood prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014This our favorite restaurant. The owners are always there to make sure everything is perfect.Special Features:
- always excellentluv2eatVIPDined on 7/10/2014We always enjoy Sabatino's. Whenever I come into town, I must eat at this outstanding restaurant. No matter what I or anyone in my party eats, the food is always delicious. The service is always attentive and we always enjoy our experience.Special Features:
- Great Old School Italian Rest.lkchangirlVIPDined on 7/9/2014Everyone who lived on the northwest side of Chicago has gone to Sabitino's at some point in their life. It's a great neighborhood restaurant with old world elegance. The food is delicious and the service is great.Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Sabatino's Restaurant reviews archive.
- MangiVIPDined on 5/28/2014I go go Sabatino's only about twice a year because I do not live nearby, but wish I did! Love it! The food is great; service is wonderful. The only issue is parking. I'm not a valet person so sometimes challenging to get a parking spot on the street. However not a big enough concern to keep me away! I'll keep coming back!Special Features:
- Great Time Was Had by AllBirthdayBoyDined on 5/8/2014We took Mom out to eat for an early Mother's Day dinner. We chose this restaurant after reading wonderful reviews about it, and we were not disappointed. The food and the service was excellent, and we will definitely be back for special dinner occasions in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodBarbDined on 4/25/2014Food was great - all 3 of us had a steak it was beyond delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceMichaeljm4VIPDined on 4/3/2014I have never had a bad dish or bad service at Sabatino's. You are always traeted like you are special to them and and even the strolling violinist and guitarist are very considerate of those simply enjoying good food and conversation by not imposing or interupting them. The valet parking and non- downtown location make this place an actual 6 star restaurant.Special Features:
- It is always a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/31/2014It is always a great place to eat especially with families.Special Features:
- My FavoriteJudieLDined on 3/26/2014Sabatino's has been our favorite Italian restaurant in the city. It started as a neighborhood place and turned itself into a statewide destination. I have never gotten so much delicious food for the relatively modest prices.Special Features:
- girls nighttrac429Dined on 3/7/2014This was my second visit to sabatinos. It was just as delicious, fantastic service and authentic Italian food. I went ti italy in July and I felt like I was back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great vealSalsaDined on 2/26/2014I had one of the evening's specials- veal with pimento & capers. I think they do an outstanding job with veal. It is always tender and flavorful. This was up to their standards. The pizza bread is also a nice touch. If you want it with your salad or cocktail you have to ask. Otherwise they bring it quickly after you sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food/huge portionsPinksterDined on 2/20/2014I even managed to eat fairly healthy here! I was tempted to try my favorite Italian dish, Eggplant Parmesan, but went for the broiled whitefish instead. Soup AND salad come with dinner and a calorie conscious diner can get a baked potato instead of pasta as a side. Only dieting downfall was the warm loaf of crusty Italian bread that is put onto every table. Very old-timey feel and menu, even the three guys (including "Johnny") at the next table who spoke a bit too loud but it rather amused us (most of the time!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away Fine DiningNanceDined on 1/24/2014There was everything you expect from a memorable Italian restaurant -generous portions, crusty bread, yummy tiramisu, comfy chairs, and a good wine list. This place was packed on Friday night. I can't wait to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step back in time - in a good way!ORDandSANVIPDined on 1/23/2014Yes, the decor is slightly old-fashioned. Yes, the menu is traditional. Yes, there are no windows. But that's exactly what to love about it. Great food, excellent service, reasonable prices. It's a Chicago tradition that I hope lasts another 40 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service just might ruin your nightChISnapDined on 1/17/2014We got seated right away in a romantic dining room. Our waitress seemed nice enough, but while mulling over the menu, she came over to me and flipped through my menu to respond to a price check on a bill for another customer. If that wasn't uncomfortable enough, it was basically all down hill from there. We waited at least 20 minutes just to order our drinks, and then another 30 just to get the drinks we ordered. We waited another long time period for our bill. I was on a date so I didn't want to make a big scene, but she over-charged us for our wine. When we got the final bill, I realized she had tacked on another few dollars. I wouldn'tve noticed if the other couple hadn't successfully challenged her on a price earlier. Ridiculous!
- Always family celebration favoriteWillieGVIPDined on 1/2/2014Just a fond memory year after year watching our children celebrate at this family favorite!!Special Features:
- Love SabatinosBThomasDined on 12/27/2013Tons of great food with every order. Loved the Chicken Meuniere (I always get this) and the Gnocchi is like butter- It melts in your mouth! You will not go away hungry, in typical Italian style. Their coffee is great too. You also get complementary bruschetta, hard crust Italian bread and melted cheese bread (kind of like a mini pizza). Our service started out slow, but ended on a great note!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Friendly Service, BusypatfDined on 12/20/2013If like "old-time" Italian cooking with none of the modern twists, this is your place. All the pastas are homemade and delicious, meals are ample (some more than ample) and everything is fresh. We all had veal dishes and the veal was perfectly cooked and the sauces were great. The bread is excellent and the salads were fresh with very tasty dressings. We had no room for dessert but those at the next table looked good. The wine list is fairly extensive and our waiter was knowledgeable about the wines. The only drawback is that it is quite noisy and the tables are really close together. But all of this is due to how popular the place is. We will be going back on a week night to see if the energy level is a bit lower.Special Features:
- Wonderful,tho pricey steakhousePhillieDined on 11/19/2013We enjoyed our meal at Capitol Grille. Steaks were delicious as were the sides -- mashed potatoes and the wedge salad. Extensive wine list too. A good place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodDianeDined on 11/14/2013Enjoyed food very much and portions substantial. Will go backraviolis delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolSalsaDined on 11/12/2013I really enjoy Sabatino's. They have good quality control. My veal was delicious as usual. It is also nice to get soup & a good salad included with the meal. Real tablecloths are also a treat as so many places now put "paper "over their tablecloths which I find very tacky. The kitchen was very accomidating. My friend asked for a special risoto which wasn't on the menu. They were happy to make it for him. Drinks are reasonable and a good size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ClassicGeo8VIPDined on 11/8/2013We've been coming to Sabatino's for years and it never fails to impress. It's traditional Chicago Italian dining at its finest. If you've never been you need to try this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewJJNonteiniDined on 10/30/2013Enjoyed the entree. Salad had a very strong taste, which did not agree with me. Sat in the front room. Very noisy and not very spacious.Special Features:
- Will Be BackGamSVIPDined on 10/23/2013Great all around old-style Italian restaurant with delicious and plentiful food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.