S Vietnamese Fine Dining
545 Westminster Mall
Westminster, CA 92683Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
S Vietnamese Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sfinedining.com/
- Phone: (714) 898-5092
- Hours of Operation:
Mondays - Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Mondays - Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
We are closed the following holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Dinh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Off-Premise team specializes in serving great food and service on location. We can transform homes, buildings, and even parking lots into an elegant receptions for Weddings, Corporate affairs or even a Surprise Birthday Party.
Premiere quality cuisine, S Catering will gives you the assurance we have given the closest attention to every detail. From chefs, elegant floral arrangements, professionally trained staff, exhibition prepared food presentations. Let our full service catering and personal attention to detail help you create an occasion to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: We look forward to hosting your upcoming event and assisting you in planning a memorable and exciting affair. We are prepared to host anything from informal to formal dinners, receptions, corporate events, holiday parties and complete wedding planning. Our production team can coordinate the event to your special needs, such as, design, cuisine, entertainment, lighting, floral, linens, and invitations and beyond. We have a complete bakery facility prepared to create unique and personal items for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Dinh 7148985092
- Entertainment: Live piano music every Saturday nights.
A word from S Vietnamese Fine Dining
Lunch, Dinner, Special Occasions, Wedding receptions and off premise cateringContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
S Vietnamese Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Consistantly Great!RAL3Dined on 11/22/2014S is always consistent in their great service, food and atmosphere. I always recommend S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Even my husband who is American likes and enjoys the food here. So does my sister who visits the place for the first time from Glendale, California. I particularly relish on the spring rolls and the delicious Cha Gio and Won Ton Soup and especially the "Banh Cuon". Brandon was awesome, taking care of the four of us. Thanks Very Much, Brandon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the S Vietnamese Fine Dining reviews archive.
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014Our small women's group meets here regularly as it is quiet and we can talk and catch up with each other.Special Features:
- 949-830-2094ScottyDined on 6/15/2014Went here for Father's Day about 1:30pm. The restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived and at first my thoughts were, Oh Boy! To our surprise the service was top notch and the food was superb. We will be going again.Special Features:
- PdotVIPDined on 5/17/2014This our favorite Restaurant in the area. A wide variety of French-Vietnamese dishes. Try the escargot in a cream sauce. Wonderful. We go here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you go on a friday or saturdayfouronthursdayDined on 4/3/2014if you go on a friday or saturday night it is a wonderful experience. they have a piano player and the food is very good. especially if you like vietnamese food kicked up a notch in class. going on a weeknight is not so great. less experienced staff, fewer dinners, and when we went the service was horrible. they had two young waiters who while not unpleasant humans were rude in their behaviors. rather than letting us alone to enjoy talk in peace , they approaced us constantly about what we wanted. rather than waiting till someone finished a thought they interrupted an ongoing enthusiatic conversation. and they rushed us because they obviously wanted to get us and another table out of there. it was a miserable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- S Vietnamese is still onePdotVIPDined on 3/8/2014S Vietnamese is still one of our favorites. This time I actually got by the shaken beef and tried the black cod. Delicious. also had the escargo which was wonderful. It is served in a coconut sauce and is quite pleasantly different. Topped off the meal with the Tiramisou.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always get a greatRAL3Dined on 2/15/2014You can always get a great meal here. One of my standby favorites. I have tried nearly everything on the menu. This time I tried the Filet with Prawns. Extremely tender and great peppercorn sauce. The Chilean Sea bass is the best too (Ca Ri Ca).Special Features:
- so sorry, but several of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2014so sorry, but several of our small group of women became ill at he last hours and we had to cancel. in the past we've had great service , delicious food and wine and plenty of quiet to talk and enjoy the evening. bonnie castreySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFirstimerDined on 12/31/2013Jazz trio playing in the corner, a bit loud for me. A large family group was annoying playing with ipads and smart phones watching videos without earphones, boy with group running around yelling. Ceviche app was amazing, thinly slice halibut in a mild tasty lime/sliced onion mixture. Vietnamese egg rolls were great tasting. Shared entree of filet mignon and large shrimp. Cooked perfectly med rare with 2 shrimp on top. Potato cubes were ok, brocollini cooked just right in sauce. Great mix of American/Viet foods and flavors. Service was perfect, young lady was very cheerful and attentive. Entree didn't come out until we had eaten both apps so perfect timing. Overall a great place for nice quality meal at reasonable price ($65).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years DinnerDetroiterDined on 12/31/2013We had dinner on New Years Eve. In addition to the excellent food, we were entertained by a jazz trio. Service was very good, food (presentation and taste) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed ourselves very much. The food was delicious and the Jazz Trio was wonderful. The evening could not have been better.Special Features:
- S really is fine dining!2HappyDinersDined on 10/27/2013We have been going to S for many years. The owner, Stephanie, is always accommodating and her staff is well trained, cordial, and helpful. The menu changes, adding new items, as well as continuing to offer a variety of favorites. Nice to see the addition of gluten free items. From a quick snack at the bar to weekday lunchtime specials, to an elegant special occasion dinner for large groups, one is always pleasantly appreciative and can expect excellent food well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceAndyWVIPDined on 10/23/2013just a very nice reliable place for upscale Vietnamese (albeit a bit more modern than traditional South Vietbamese dining), Good presentation and every dish was impecaccably prepared,Special Features:
- Great food! Great Ambiance!smygolfDined on 9/28/2013This is a hidden gem - although located in the parking lot of Westminster Mall - this is an upscale and I do mean upscale venue for fusions Vietnamese dishes! Food is excellent and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food to shareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2013This is a terrific restaurant and you can order several dishes and share. The "shaken beef" is the best I have ever had! And the fish with ginger is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have eaten here many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013I have eaten here many times, and it is a gem. I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant VietnameseTexasHaysusVIPDined on 7/21/2013Beautiful room oddly located just outside the Westminster Mall. Fresh and delicious, on the French side of Vietnamese cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2013this is a fabulous relatively quiet restaurant with both indoor and outdoor dining, great food and service. our women's dinner group eats here regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a classy and chick restaurantShogunDined on 7/20/2013It is a classy and chick restaurant that I am proud to bring my friend there. The price is reasonable. When the owner Stephanie does the cooking, the food is fantastic when it is left to the staff , t is just plain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2013The food is excelent and leans more toward the French influence in Vietnamese cuisine. We had three for dinner and each ordered an entree that we shared. Every meal looked and tasted great. This was our first time to this restaurant and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refine Comfort Vietnamese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2013I enjoy the food tremendously with my family at S. Food plating was well executed. The Ca Hap Tuong Hot (Chilean sea bass steamed with black bean sauce) was amazingly delicious. We also ordered the “S” Favorite Sampler for Two which you get to samples a variety of Vietnamese cuisine appetizers. The egg-rolls and spring-rolls were done to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2013This is a great restaurant, my wife and I go all the time. The food is aways fresh and amazing. The Service is great. We love the live msic on the weekends!Special Features:
- Wow! What a find! LocatedrobinEVIPDined on 4/9/2013Wow! What a find! Located on the edge of Westminster Mall this place is fabulous! It really is upscale vietnamese food. We started with the appetizer sampler which gives you tastes of 5 different dishes, it's great for your first visit. I had the seabass in a coconut curry sauce--to die for!! My husband had the soft shell crab and loved it. Can't wait to go back and try the shaken beef and the seabass in black bean sauce. The place was fairly quiet but lunch is their busiest time. The lunch menu looks awesome and is very different from the dinner menu. I liked it because the tables are set far apart so you can actually have a nice conversation without talking over your neighbor. GO GO GO!! You will love this place.Special Features:
- This is a great GEM in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2013This is a great GEM in our community. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- The food at S is fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013The food at S is fabulous. The Shaken Beef is delicious and the pork chop is so tender and juicy. It is my new favorite restaurant! Corkage fee is reasonable at $12.00Special Features:
- I love the food at this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013I love the food at this restaurant...it is a hidden gem with outstanding food and great prices. I am truly amazed that it not crowded! The Shaken Beef is fabulous!!!Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I like this place.. Food so good and service very good..Special Features:
- The food is unvaryingly goodsiddogDined on 2/21/2013The food is unvaryingly good here and the table spacing makes it a good place for a lunch meeting or dinner with friends who want to talk.Special Features:
- We are a group of 7 personsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013We are a group of 7 persons having a reunio lunch at the S. restaurant. We ordered many dishes and they are all good except one (chicken and lemon grass), which is quite blend and tasteless. The best dish is cha gio, bun cha, pho ap chao.
- A true Hidden Gem!!!!! OneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/12/2013A true Hidden Gem!!!!! One of our favorite places to eat, everything on the menu, delish!!Special Features:
- Beautiful, serene interior.HazHDined on 9/27/2012Beautiful, serene interior. Comfortable seating. Ample parking. Large menu.Special Features:
- Good but not Greatrenemoran0614Dined on 9/7/2012I liked it food was not great but it was good. The service was very good. My date and I shared an appetizer carmalized chicken. I had the Halibut as an entree' it was good but not great, my date had the baked salmon it was a little dry. The beer that was offered to us was also just ok. Lastly was the desert which was the gem of the entire dinner carmalized fried bananas along with vanilla ice cream now that was greatSpecial Features:
- Delicious, beautiful unusual foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We've been to S Vietnamese several times. Food is always excellent -- unusual, well prepared, beautifully presented, delicious. Service is attentive. This time the kitchen was a little slow, but our waiter was apologetic, and we got lots and lots of water refills. Lovely interior design. The piano was a nice touch, but a little loud for conversation.Special Features:
- A unique place. The foodArizonanVIPDined on 8/18/2012A unique place. The food is Vietnamese so if you are a foodie who likes Vietnamese food, this is a great place to go. The traditional dishes are very good; the crossovers are fine but not exceptional. If you get the beef lucluc be sure to order rare; Asian restaurants tend to overcook beef which, in this case when they use fillet, is especially egregious. Also don't overlook the frangipane tart desert; it is outstanding. Also beware, this is a restaurant that does large events like weddings so check to make sure they are open for other customers and, if there is a wedding, be prepared to be put in the "back room" which lacks any ambiance. If the food is the thing, you won't really care.Special Features:
- S is our favorite local restaurant.PdotVIPDined on 7/24/2012S is our favorite local restaurant. Besides the old standards on the menu, e.g., shaken beef, Stephanie adds new items frequently. It is always fun to try the new selections. Another favorite is the escargot in a cream curry sauce. Delicious. I will turn soon.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2012This is one of our favorite restaurants. At lunchtime, it is perfect with the kids. At nighttime, it becomes a romantic date spot. The menu is creative and unique, and the staff are friendly and very helpful. They bend over backwards to accomodate food allergies, and they seem to care deeply that we have a good experience.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful roomTexasHaysusVIPDined on 6/20/2012Great food, beautiful room and acoustics allow one to hear the conversation of a large party. Rare find!Special Features:
- A local favoritePdotVIPDined on 6/3/2012S Vietnamese Restaurant has long been one of my favorites. It is not your typical Vietnamese restaurant, but more French Fusion, I suppose. The menu has new items every time we go, but there a old favorites. The shaken beef is always terrific. The last two visits included escargot which are quite different from what is normally served. These were in a garlic icrceam sauce. Very rich but great. Deserts are wonderful especially the berry frangipani. We had tirimasu which was spectacular and large enough for sharing. Still y favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- "S" is outstanding. The food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2012"S" is outstanding. The food, service and ambiance are excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who enjoys a nice quiet romantic atmosphere. Our waiter was attentive without interfering. He has worked there since the restaurant opened, and was quite informative.Special Features: