511 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sdynastyny.com/
- Phone: 2123551200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms for guest of 8 people up to 180 people.
- Cross Street: 48st (Between Lexington Ave and 3rd Avenue)
- Public Transit: Train:- 4,5,6,7 @ Grand Central Terminal E, M @ Lexington Ave/53rd St 6 @ Lexington Ave/51st St
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Name: Central Parking Add: 135 E47 St Mon - Fri = 5:00 pm - 12:00 midnight - $11.00 per car Sat & Sun - Anytime (Max 10 hours - but before midnight) - $11.00 per car
A word from S Dynasty
Offering a variety of excellent exotic Chinese cuisine served in a contemporary yet intimate dinning setting among comfortable tables. S Dynasty is the perfect place in Midtown East Side for small business lunches, large corporate events, romantic dinner, and other special occasions like weddings, rehearsal dinners, anniversaries, birthdays or retirement parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
S Dynasty reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I have often eaten here, with good results. This lunch-time they were very busy, and the service was uneven and very slow
- Best, elegant and authenticLeonardoVIPDined on 8/18/2014I like upscale dining, this restaurant meets all criteria. It's located in a nice Marriott managed boutique hotel so the ambiance is elegant and quiet. The food, particularly the dim sums, is authentic and not excessively expensive. The service is provided by Chinese gentlemen in black and is perfect. Amazingly, they serve Wu Liang Ye by glass!Special Features:
- Good food & serviceNYDinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014There is a wide choice of food focused on Szechuan dishes. The crab claws and shrimp I ordered were excellent. The service is attentive and the decor is tasteful.Special Features:
- Don't bother.Hal113VIPDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant was dead no ambiance whatsoever. Their was and odd smell as soon as you walk in. Ordered a drink and it was extremely watered down. Do yourself a favor and avoid this restaurant.
- Great place for grouptomesDined on 8/16/2014I was trying to look for a place for my friends birthday dinner, we wanted to try something and I stumble upon Dynasty through open table. When I got there, there was a private room reserved for us, food was great, we went for a banquet style. Overall we were happy with the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014We reserved for three parties last Sunday for lunch, and advised them that one of us had the celiac decease; consequently, gluten free food options were required. Not only they did not know about it, but when we explained our requirements the waitress showed to much ignorance about it. Incredible!!!
- Second time to fine there.Itravel4aliving2Dined on 7/23/2014Make a reservation. This restaurant fills up quickly and for a good reason. Great food here. It is a great place with excellent food. Best Chineese Food I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceFoodie101VIPDined on 7/23/2014Among the 4 appetizers, only one was good. 5 main courses, the crispy whole fish was outstanding, others were so so. The wait staff was chatty, but seemed more interested in being a contrarian. After traveling years and enjoyed Chinese cuisine at major cities in North America/ Asia/Europe, we knew his comments were off wall. Service was not attentive, we had to remind them to take drink orders. After the whole fish was presented, we had to ask them to debone and devide it into serving size. When the dish was returned, it came with waitor' justification why it was not done initially. We felt we were treated like idiots. Only good thing about this dinner was ambience, quiet, not rushed. We had a good business dinner meeting.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodjockkkDined on 7/2/2014An Excellent upscale, white table cloth Chinese restaurant, great location, excellent menu, outstanding food, very good portion sizes, and very reasonably priced for the atmosphere and location. Service was very good and timed well; a haughty head waiter (or host, do not know) who took our order and then was done with us, kept the service score from being Excellent. We would go back despite his attitude, every one else was very nice. Much, much better than some of the more expensive Chinese Restaurants in midtown.Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the S Dynasty reviews archive.
- 3313Dined on 6/6/2014Chef can cook well but cooks all Chinese dishes in the Beijing fashion (mild, non-spicy) even when the dish is advertised as Szechuan. looks However, Peking duck is not Peking duck. It is shredded roast duck (moist) with non-crispy skin & hoisin sauce out of a jar;pancakes were good Gan bien niu rou si (dry shredded beef Szechwan dish) was OK lmeat tender, almost crispy enough but not spicy. mustard greens and mushrooms were lovely. Gan shao da xia were well cooked but in the wrong sauce--too sweet, an unlovely color.
- Great food! Reasonable price!doc7ctDined on 5/28/2014We had a strong desire for Chinese food while staying at a midtown hotel. As native New Yorkers, we wanted authentic reliable food at a reasonable price and were pleasantly surprised with this restaurant on the second floor off of Lexington Avenue. Terrific food, wonderful ambience, reasonable pricing! We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some dim sum was old and dryRCccVIPDined on 4/20/2014Dim sum was dried out and texture was course and hard due to dehydration. We told the waiter and he didn't apologize and still charged us. Other fishers were fine and acceptable.
- Excellent Mid-Town ValuePezzVTDined on 4/5/2014Excellent location mid town with excellent Chinese food, excellent service and a very good, reasonably priced (rare in this neighborhood) wine list. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchLoveNYCVIPDined on 3/18/2014Was there for a lunch for a group. Food was good although it got a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Good, not greatlbkyDined on 2/26/2014The food was good though similar to lowest cost options. Service was fair, not many people there so frequency was fine. They just seemed that I was a bother to them overall. Honestly, that doesn't bother me much except that there are many other places to eat and get better food and quality (such as Avra directly across the street).
- Lovely ChineseFoodieVIPDined on 2/18/2014Well located restaurant. Tasty food, very well presented, and for the ambiance it is reasonably priced too. Will certainly go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok service, food was goodnas24Dined on 2/7/2014FOod was good, but nothing remarkable. A better sit-down version of many of the mid-range Chinese restaurants on Seamless. Service left a little to be desired. Pricing is fair.Special Features:
- Good food but angry waiterCaroDined on 1/21/2014Good food but the service was miserable, the waiter didn't answer out questions, je didn't smile and he looked angry every time we asked for something. Next time i will ask for a take outI would recommend this to a friend.
- Premium Chinese Dining, Food Was OKBrianPCDined on 1/2/2014Great location in midtown. 2nd story. Very nice decor. Food was ok but did not match service or venue. A bit on the bland side. Vegies wSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliable, Always DeliciousAfterTeaDined on 12/25/2013We made a reservation for Christmas after the movies. The place was filled with diners from every demographic imaginable: older, refined couples; louder, young groups sharing wine and laughs; young families with kids; and us. We wanted Chinese food that we knew would be reliably good. I've been here several times, always get the steamed cha siu bao (delicious) and one meat and vegetable dish. Though I've heard a few people have issues, they've never let us down and we were seated immediately at a reserved table despite being 10 minutes late for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so experience on Christmas DayJLaterDined on 12/25/2013Found this place through OP as they were open Christmas Day. The location is convenient and the restaurant is attached to a nice hotel. It is on the 2nd floor so there are decent views. You can take an elevator and go through the hotel. We were looking for a reasonable Chinese meal and while this place had many of the expected favorites, it was missing some of the basics. No Chinese noddles, no egg rolls, or egg-drop soup I should have checked the menu in advance. The food itself was fine, rather ho-hum. Full drink menu. The service was unfriendly, seemed put-out and not cheerful. It was as if the staff would rather have not been there (granted, it was Christmas day), nevertheless, it should have been better. I won't return.
- Totally robbed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/6/2013I made a critical error - I didn't ask what market price "MP" would be on the sole. I figured it couldn't be too outrageous as most menu items were about $10-15, maybe $20 tops. I received the dish - some veggies and a tiny bit of fish (maybe 3-4oz or so) and it was OK, nothing spectacular. When I received the bill - the cost for the tiny amount of fish was $60!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and asked the waiter if this was correct, it must have been a typo. The waiter just pushed it back and said - that's market price. Really?! I have eaten in the best seafood places in the world and have never paid that price. I'm still furious with myself nearly a week later for not making more of a fuss and demanding to see the "market" receipt
- good Chinese foodnomiDined on 12/6/2013If you're looking for good Chinese meal and don't mind spending money - this is the place. Not greasy, no MSG (I think?) and yummy. A bit pricy ($15 for an entree) and the portions are small, but it was a price we were willing to pay...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2013The food was very disappointing. It lacked flavor and while the restaurant was not busy the service was slow.
- Bad ServicetbkkDined on 11/22/2013Food was good. Service could have been more proactive and friendlier. no a restaurant for babies. not baby seats.Special Features:
- Quiet Dining w/ a ViewIrrelephanceDined on 11/9/2013Pretty good food; service was quick but waiter was relatively curt. Second floor corner restaurant, so had a nice view around midtown. Very quiet place with mostly tourist clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Hotel convenient.PegandBillDined on 10/3/2013My wife and I were staying at one of the higher end hotels on Lexington Ave. in the Forties. We wanted to find a reasonably priced Chinese restaurant within walking distance. After consuting one of the "smart phone" apps., we decided on S Dynasty. It turned out to be a great choice and everything from our initial greeting to dessert was nearly perfect. We can highly recommend S Dynasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the BestMrsWoods122014VIPDined on 9/27/2013I met a friend here for lunch and the food was not good. The service was just "okay" and our food was served cold, plain with no flavor. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Oldie but goodieToughFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/28/2013S. Dynasty has been around for a long time and with good reason...good food and good service at a good price. Near impossible to find an affordable lunch place in this business area, but Dynast fits bill. Classic Chinese options in an upscale environment.Special Features:
- Never disappoints and outmartiniVIPDined on 8/21/2013Never disappoints and out of town guests are always impressed with foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- S. DynastyLion26KingVIPDined on 8/15/2013The food is good but not worth the snooty service.Special Features:
- Great Little Midtown East SecretsaintmaeVIPDined on 8/13/2013Took my business colleague to dinner there and we both enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chinese foodMizLaurenVIPDined on 8/10/2013Lovely 2nd-floor corner spot overlooking Lexington Ave. Food was very good, menu typical for mid-range Chinese restaurant. Nice private dining options, and ability to handle large groups. Food came out extremely quickly. Offers carryout and delivery through service. Recommend for anyone with an itch for Chinese food without the price tag of the higher-end restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my go-to places forGeorgeRDined on 7/26/2013One of my go-to places for business lunches, the food is consitantly good, not overly oily, with a good variety of well preparared regional specialties, especially from Szechaun, if you like a bit of spicyness. There are a lot of seafood dishes and these always seem fresh and well prepared. There is a good selection of dumplings and dim-sum served mostly as appetizers, but you could make a meal from them if you ordered a selection. It is about four or five blocks to Grand Central Station, so I come here for dinner sometimes before heading home. The staff are friendly and efficient, and helpful if you need advice on what to order.Special Features:
- Family Reunion Dinner in NYCSnufflesDined on 7/10/2013We were a large family group & Dynasty was the perfect spot.Convently located To our hotel,quiet with delicious food for everyone.The table had a lazy Susan So we could all easily share the food.Service was great , food very good & plentiful. We will certainly come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Birthday Dinner Celebration.Got2dineDined on 7/4/2013The S Dynasty was one of the best Chinese Restaurants that we have eaten in. The service was impecable, and the food was really hot. It looked and tasted amazing. I have already recomended it to a friend. Thank you for making our evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Chinese AmbianceUpperWestSiderVIPDined on 6/5/2013Good food, great ambiance, white tablecloths, comfortable, quiet, good service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Chinese Gem-Peking DuckTryThisMaybeVIPDined on 6/4/2013Have been to this fine Chinese restaurant many times...having first been introduced here by an Asian friend. It's on the second floor of a hotel, entrance off of Lexington. This is really good Chinese food, great Peking Duck, wonderful service AND extremely quiet. No one knows this restaurant is here. Do not go " to be seen". Go to be treated with class, and enjoy a wonderful dinner. A great place for a group, or to eat alone on a business trip o NYC. This is not a " joint", its an undiscovered excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professional lunch vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2013Great lunch deal. Went with a group of friends during the work week. Very professional ambiance,Special Features:
- So good!anydawksVIPDined on 5/17/2013The food here is always so fresh and tasty. The Sesame Shrimp is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.