10551 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryekc.com/
- Phone: 9136425800x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am-2:30pm
Mid-Day Menu: Monday - Friday 2:30pm-5pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday From 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colby & Megan Garrelts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our event coordinator Susan Kane will work closely with you to tailor an event according to your dining preferences and our seasonal menu selections. Rye has several menu formats available for private events ranging from our hors d’ oeuvres selections and sit-down or buffet style menus. Rye has many choices for beverage selections including our complete wine list, beer, and specialty cocktails. Our staff at Rye is dedicated to assisting our clients in their private dining needs.
When requesting more information please email the following details to Susan Kane, at email@example.com, so that we may better serve your private dining requests:
Date of Desired Event
Estimated Number of Guests
Reason for the Event
- Private Party Contact: Susan Kane 913-642-5800x
- Special Events: We regularly have special dinners featuring everything from beer and whiskey to our favorite farmers. The details are on our website at www.ryekc.com or on our facebook page, www.facebook.com/ryeks.
A word from Rye
Rye, a restaurant celebrating Midwestern recipes, traditions, and culture using local Kansas & Missouri flavors and farmers. Rye restaurant in Leawood, Kansas, just south of Kansas City, will celebrate the Midwestern foods that chefs Megan and Colby Garrelts grew up eating. Both of these chefs are proud to be from the Midwest and Rye gives them the opportunity to showcase dishes that they have enjoyed with several generations of their families. They will pay homage to those heritage dishes that the Midwest is known for succulent smoked pork chops, aged steaks, baby back ribs, fried chicken, vegetables just off the stove, Parker House rolls, freshly made seasonal pies, fruit cobblers, and ice box cakes to name a few. Their food at Rye will take traditional dishes and give them a chef’s point of view, while preserving the important heritage of the dish. Chefs Megan and Colby will use fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and products including produce from their family farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (197)neighborhood gem (149)special occasion (119)great for outdoor dining (111)good for groups (95)great for lunch (88)great for brunch (72)hot spot (62)romantic (57)notable wine list (50)vibrant bar scene (35)kid-friendly (28)scenic view (18)late-night find (15)Show More
- Delicious food!LovesAixoisVIPDined on 9/13/2014Friend and I shared a salad and an entree, then each got our own dessert. House salad and whitefish were excellent. Coconut cream and lemon merengue pie were outstanding! Portions are moderate so it was just enough and we weren't overly full. Service was slow in beginning and our waiter never offered us bread which others were getting, but otherwise service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonDined on 9/13/2014Very enjoyable. My third visit. Service above par. Menu always creates a personal problem in trying to make a meal selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently good.dscherffVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent service as well. Menu changes have been good and seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The service was great. The food was amazing. It is a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to South KCAlSamDined on 9/10/2014It's great to see a unique, independent restaurant come out south. Love the patio (on the East out of the afternoon summer KC sun), the private meeting space, the great service/bartenders and, oh yeah the fantastic locally sourced food. Lot's of care has gone into the menu, wine and cocktail list. Truly a haven for us suburbanites.Special Features:
- Gourmet home cookin'OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Had fried chicken. Was amazingly crispy but a little lacking in salt. Partner had filet steak - excellent. We shared sides: greens with vinegar, black eyed peas. Both very good. We put my ham gravy on the black eyed peas - mmmmm. All in all, the food was very good but needed more salt. For dessert we split chocolate ganache torte and pecan-walnut pie (they call it MoKan Pie). The nut pie was transcendent, the ganache torte okay. Our server didn't know much about whether the meat offered was sustainably raised, which was why we went to Rye. We thought it was a farm to table, ethical food, organic kind of place. I feel more confident if the server can reinforce that. But ours was clueless. Definite room for improvement there.Special Features:
- Really GoodjackieDined on 9/7/20145 of us ordered different dinner items. All of us enjoyed what we got. Rare for this group! Trout was great, as were the soup and heirloom salad. Lemon Pie to die for!!! Our server was great. I am a convert, as I really had a different opinion on an earlier visit.Special Features:
- Lovely mealgaleDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed sitting on the patio on lovely evening -- Looking forward to a better view when nearby construction is completed! Food was delicious, nice presentation. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!erilouDined on 9/7/2014I've been wanting to try this restaurant. All of the places that were in that spot before were complete flops, so I kept putting it off. The service was amazing--food was magnificent (seriously)--drinks were creative and delicious. Also, I was surprised that the prices were not a bit higher. I will be back to this incredible find--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy home-cookin'FunFoodDined on 9/7/2014It's not Bluestem, but it's not supposed to be. The food is hearty and well designed and prepared. Their outside area is terrific if you can get in the shade. The three of us shared our entrees and all were very good--salmon, chicken salad, and shrimp and grits.Special Features:
- Shrimp & GritsLmnJcdDined on 9/5/2014This is one of our favorite places to dine, for a variety of reasons. Great bar scene with great tap selection and delicious cocktails, our favorite being Old Square. Tried the Hanger Steak and Shrimp & Grits this time - both were delicious! I love their dessert selections, too. The staff is always friendly and provides superior service at every turn. Can't wait to get married here in less than two weeks!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I were looking for a non-chain type restaurant we've never been too and needless to say we feel like we hit the jackpot. There wasn't ANYTHING about our experience that was less than spectacular. As soon as we walked in, the design and ambiance made us feel at home. Great service, interesting menu that made us want to try everything. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patioREM1Dined on 9/5/2014We were the only ones sitting outside after a big rain storm. The weather was perfect and we didn't get ignored. The service was fantastic and the food was great. One of our favorite spots to visit!Special Features:
- very nice lunchConcertVIPDined on 9/4/2014the fried chicken is very good and I loved the shrimp and grits is delicious but the lemon and coconut cream pie were delicious!Special Features:
- Food dragged the score downKCBluesAndFoodVIPDined on 9/2/2014We have eaten at Rye many times. This is the first time we were disappointed. I had the house salad that was so over-dressed that I could not eat it. My hangar steak was excellent. My side of heirloom tomatoes was again over dressed. My wife had the pumpkin soup which she enjoyed. She had the tree piece chicken entree. Total disappointment. VERY dry, very little batter and most of it was burned. Desserts were excellent. What saved the evening for us was the service. Jeio Prosecco helped. Everyone from the hostess to the bussers to the waitstaff exuded warmth and professionalismSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience at RyeHeadofRedDined on 8/30/2014I went with a fairly large group, and the server was able to juggle all of our orders (including my husband's and my vegetarian demands). The atmosphere was relaxed and the food was wonderful. I rarely hear other people in conversations at restaurants, but the volume was just right. As a note: I usually avoid restaurants with slightly higher price tags, but I know we will be revisiting this one.Special Features:
- Ab FabGingerpeach71Dined on 8/30/2014Second visit to Rye - even better than the first! The goat cheese appetizer is heaven- be sure to ask for extra toast to finish it up!! Our server was super nice, but there were noticeable lags between courses - which def could have been out of his control and on the kitchen. My filet had to be one of the top 5 steaks I have had in my life and all over the world. The Yukon gold mashed pots were off the chain delicious!! Seriously, everything was sooooo good, nothing left to say but - go to rye!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPolakronVIPDined on 8/30/2014Rye is always outstanding. We go there before Starlight. Perfect beginning. Their chicken rivals Strouds and you can make a reservation. So glad they opened this up at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for couples not for familiesCringhVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great place but no kids menu. You have to spend $10 on a burger if you want to feed you mr child and you will certainly blow your budget if you have more than one kid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday for wifeJalotekeDined on 8/29/2014Sat at bar. Bartendars were fun and attentive. 2nd time there and the food is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Dining ExperienceAjduffDined on 8/29/2014We had been meaning to check this restaurant out for the past year after hearing nothing but wonderful things about it. We were not disappointed! The atmosphere is casual but classic and the service was friendly and helpful. We started with the fried green tomatoes - perfectly breaded and lightly fried. Had just the right amount of arugula and buttermilk dressing. The three courses my group had were the rainbow trout, salmon and pork chops. All three proteins were beautifully cooked. The pork chops were seasoned well and were served with oyster mushrooms and apples. The flavor profile was rich and balanced. For dessert we had blueberry cake with lemon curd ice cream. Enough said. We would recommend this restaurant to all of our friendsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experience!FoodieDined on 8/29/2014We had family in town visiting to celebrate a retirement and a pregnancy. We wanted somewhere special that also allowed us to bring our 1 year old niece. Everyone raved all weekend about the restaurant and the food. They were also appreciative of how accommodating Rye was for our niece. It was a great experience we'll remember for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lasttimerDined on 8/28/2014This was my second visit. My first was for Brunch. This time was for Dinner. The chicken was dry and overcooked--my wife ordered her steak Medium Rare and it was cooked Medium to Well done. The manager did stop at our table and ask how our meal was and we let him know the issues. His response was somewhat as oh well that happens sometimes-Sorry. We live on the other side of town-will not make the drive in the future. Pretty average for the Cost. Never mind the cost if the food/value is there.
- farm freshfarmfreshDined on 8/27/2014i love the menu and the approach of utilizing local farmers and providing comfort foods created with an elegant twist. to know i was eating a chicken that was never frozen or vegetables from gardens/farms right in our back yard added to the non chain restaraunt feel. great job guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Food and service were both excellent. Nice looking spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night.LocalEaterDined on 8/25/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner and had a lovely meal. Great food, great cocktail, great wine, without the stuffy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumHezinkcDined on 8/24/20141st time there. Went for brunch. Food was delicious. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland Food, Bad AmbianceNotVeryPickyDined on 8/23/2014The food was very disappointing. My $50 steak had no flavor on its own. Rest of the food was unremarkable. The tables were also crammed together to you are dining right on top of everyone else.
- I'll take one more steak, pleaseNomsDined on 8/22/2014All our food was prepared to perfection, and my glass was never empty. This place never disappoints.Special Features:
- Absolutely GreatPFieldVIPDined on 8/22/2014If you wait, it can be difficult getting reservations at Rye and that's for a good reason. Fabulous menu, drinks, service. The dining room can get quite noisy as it's always packed.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch @ RyeJennieVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had 11am lunch reservations for 4 people and this place has always been my personal favorite. My work colleagues we’re not impressed; poor food this time and two of my colleagues ordered the shaved beef “Philly” sandwich. I felt so bad that I notifed our waiter Lucas that the “Philly” sandwich required a knife to eat and advised their lunch was a bit of a disappointment. Everybody has a bad day but I felt the shift manager could have acted more concerned that their sandwich required a knife to consume. I hope my work colleagues forgive me and allow me to select future lunch locations.Special Features:
- Great foodsam123Dined on 8/20/2014Every time I've gone to Rye I have left satisfied. Seating is the only issue I have if I'm being picky. I like more space so I don't feel like I'm eating with strangers.Special Features:
- The best steak , greens everSparkyDined on 8/18/2014Everyone was awesome , waitress a perfect , oh and the basket of reader came in real handy , a perfect touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDeniseinWaldoDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated my birthday and my mothers. It was a great dinner with very good service. Our party had salmon, steak, and of course the chicken. We all liked our meals and enjoyed the drinks from the bar. It is not quiet but you can hear the people in your party. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best Fried chickenDinnerloverVIPDined on 8/15/2014Simply but delicious food. If you want to feel warm, cozy and get an amazing meal, Rye always hits the spot. Fun and yummy drinks, great wine selection and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experiencenellynell39VIPDined on 8/14/2014The ambiance was wonderful, food was to die for, drinks were amazing, and the desserts were heaven! I'm a really big fan of the burnt ends, bacon mac and cheese, hanger steak and the banana cream pie. Menu was well done!Special Features:
- dessertsdessertsDined on 8/13/2014The food is delicious and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014I can't say enough about our dining experience at Rye! One of the best in a long time! Service was prompt and attentive without being invasive. Food was phenomenal. I had the white fish that just melted in my mouth. My husband had the steak and said it was one of the best ever. Atmosphere is very inviting and relaxing, I really cannot find one negative statement to make. I highly recommend Rye!
- Fun and easy birthday dinnerFlynnDined on 8/10/2014Atmosphere was nice and the menu is different enough to give the restaurant it's own leg to stand on. The fried chicken held up to its reputation of the #1 menu item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Complete BrunchMichael117Dined on 8/10/2014We arrived a party of 4 plus a newborn just a week old, the tables are very nice and spacious in the main dining room. The tables are sturdy and simple giving a comfortable feel. We were celebrating our new born daughter and our parents anniversary (41). So we started with a mix of wine, coffee and espresso among the group. The wine selection is wide in breadth, perfect for those seeking options. We started with donut holes with powdered sugar and butter, a blackberry lemon scone, and a cinnamon roll. If you like donuts and don't always like the super sweetness then these are perfect donuts with coffee.The various selections are diffuse enough where more are needed. For those who need to customize they are perfectly capable of doing so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.