10551 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryekc.com/
- Phone: 9136425800x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am-2:30pm
Mid-Day Menu: Monday - Friday 2:30pm-5pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday From 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colby & Megan Garrelts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our event coordinator Susan Kane will work closely with you to tailor an event according to your dining preferences and our seasonal menu selections. Rye has several menu formats available for private events ranging from our hors d’ oeuvres selections and sit-down or buffet style menus. Rye has many choices for beverage selections including our complete wine list, beer, and specialty cocktails. Our staff at Rye is dedicated to assisting our clients in their private dining needs.
When requesting more information please email the following details to Susan Kane, at email@example.com, so that we may better serve your private dining requests:
Date of Desired Event
Estimated Number of Guests
Reason for the Event
- Private Party Contact: Susan Kane 913-642-5800x
- Special Events: We regularly have special dinners featuring everything from beer and whiskey to our favorite farmers. The details are on our website at www.ryekc.com or on our facebook page, www.facebook.com/ryeks.
A word from Rye
Rye, a restaurant celebrating Midwestern recipes, traditions, and culture using local Kansas & Missouri flavors and farmers. Rye restaurant in Leawood, Kansas, just south of Kansas City, will celebrate the Midwestern foods that chefs Megan and Colby Garrelts grew up eating. Both of these chefs are proud to be from the Midwest and Rye gives them the opportunity to showcase dishes that they have enjoyed with several generations of their families. They will pay homage to those heritage dishes that the Midwest is known for succulent smoked pork chops, aged steaks, baby back ribs, fried chicken, vegetables just off the stove, Parker House rolls, freshly made seasonal pies, fruit cobblers, and ice box cakes to name a few. Their food at Rye will take traditional dishes and give them a chef’s point of view, while preserving the important heritage of the dish. Chefs Megan and Colby will use fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and products including produce from their family farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (221)neighborhood gem (164)special occasion (117)great for outdoor dining (112)great for lunch (99)good for groups (98)great for brunch (87)hot spot (70)romantic (56)notable wine list (50)vibrant bar scene (38)kid-friendly (31)scenic view (18)late-night find (15)Show More
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014This was our first visit and the food and service were really great. I had the Shrimp and Grits, my wife had the burger and my daughter had the ribs. I had a taste of both of theirs and I was extremely impressed. I think you should bottle and sell that barbq sauce. I don't normally use sauce and I am not normally a fan of any "Carolina" style sauces but yours is very, very good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great local farm fresh foodMikeDined on 10/28/2014We came to celebrate an anniversary- not a super dressy one, we just wanted a great meal in a new place we hadn't been. Dress business casual or casual and fit right in here - great atmosphere with couples or families side by side. Great wood tones throughout the room and lighting that's warmer color temperature that makes it feel very welcoming and romantic after the 7pm time frame. The bar looked awesome and they had the Royals game on across a couple tvs. Great cocktails menu and extensive wine list. The chefs have done a great job of using local farm ingredients to make amazing dishes. Try the pork shank or the white fish - both were great along with the crab hush puppies to start. Great friendly service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rye did not dissappointDineTasticDined on 10/25/2014I had heard the hype of Rye and decided it was time to try. When we made the reservation we had no idea the Royals would be playing in the World Series, on Saturday night, at 7 p.m. The restaurant was not full by any means but there were plenty of diners enjoying their night while one eye on one of the may TV's. The atmosphere was open and gracious. This is a great place for any size party. Well crafted menu will suit most all appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth findingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This is a quaint, quiet spot with excellent food choices. Everything is good from the appetizers to the dessert and everything in between.Special Features:
- Great night on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed a birthday celebration on a perfect fall evening on the patio overlooking the pond. The firepit area with couches, the trees turning orange around the pond, and great food contributed to a very nice time at Rye. The construction going up right by the patio detracted a bit from the view but once that is done, will be prettier, I'm sure. We tried their specialties, mac and cheese, fried chicken, shrimp and grits as well as rainbow trout and salmon. The whipped goat cheese and honey on sourdough appetizer/"snack" was perhaps the tastiest part of the meal but maybe that's because we were hungry! Dixie pie at end was excellent, too.Special Features:
- food4funVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our evening with out-of-town guests was delightful. Everyone raved about the food - trout, salmon, hanger steak, fried chicken - and wished they had such a restaurant near them! :-) We were, once again, delighted with our service, drinks and food and will continue our visits to Rye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for RyeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Food is consistantly excellent and service great. Nice for a special evening out or just a fun lunch. Unique cocktails and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great service, and that fried chicken! Delicious food, from the trout to the steak to the chicken. Our table enjoyed every dish. Well prepared. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!StephanieDined on 10/19/2014Brunch was delicious! I also went during a Royals playoff game and they had numerous specials (My FAVORITE are the chicken wings!!!). I suggest going during the World Series!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were as great as always! The Wild Scotch salmon was awesome! Of course the Shrimp and Grits is our all time favorite! We LOVE Rye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodKrisVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my third visit to Rye, and every visit has been exceptional. The service and decor are phenomenal, and the food continues to amaze! I have previously had the salmon and trout (both flavorful) and had the shrimp and grits this visit. Wow! I'm dreaming about this dish. Their mulled wine was also tasty!Special Features:
- Foodies EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014This place is not only sophisticated but can accommodate well behaved children. The food is AMAZING and the atmosphere is casual but with an upscale feel. The bar is home to some seriously skilled bartenders. Go to Rye, get yourself a drink and enjoy some of the best food KC has to offer.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and serviceTracyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Wine list was fantastic. Jeremey offered a great suggestion. Food was delicious. Save room for the lemon meringue pie. Very tart. Very DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried chicken in KC!drtrDined on 10/16/2014This was our second visit to Rye. We love the chicken, and the rest of the food is quite good too. We had a reservation for four, and got to sit in one of the large booths which is very comfy. When our companions didn't show, the staff couldn't have been more gracious even though we took up a very large table. The sommelier recommended a fabulous bottle of old world Pinot, and now we have a new favorite. It's a great place to go for good food, and good company. For quiet romance, we would choose their sister restaurant Bluestem. We are thrilled Rye is here!Special Features:
- Great food!LFitzVIPDined on 10/16/2014Quieter than many restaurants and excellent food. Great service too!Special Features:
- Impeccable.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014My tenth time visiting. Food and service is consistently perfect. This is my favorite restaurant in KC, by a huge margin, and the value of steak night is almost too good to be true. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for the price pointbab52Dined on 10/12/2014The only the only item on the menu that elicited a WOW were the pies. Truly delicious on our first visit, but not quite as good on the second try. The food is good, but not exciting enough to warrant the high price point.Special Features:
- A KeeperWeekendfeasterDined on 10/11/2014Refreshing local neighborhood restaurant- food is fresh, both walk ins and reservations are accepted, clean, interactive and intelligent staff, and wide selection with menu that changes with the seasons. Open kitchen a plus as well.Special Features:
- DougDined on 10/9/2014All food items chosen were outstanding! Our server was very talkative which didn't set well with our dining guests. Servers were too quick to clear our plates which again was irritating to the other couple. Mushrooms, chicharones, shank, shrimp & of course chicken was terrific!! The person who sat us at the table made me feel he remembered we'd been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanominal PlaceChrisDined on 10/5/2014The food was over the top, so good. The wait staff explained and advised well. Also the one of the managers made sure to check in after you meal. This place is 5 Star plus for food and enviroment!Special Features:
- Hidden away but worth findingjaniceVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great restaurant! Loved the shrimp & grits! We're from out-of-town and it took a little effort to find. Glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY FOOD GREAT SERVICENamaBabs123Dined on 10/5/2014I love Rye!! I have never had an even "mediocre" experience there! I count on the food always being outstanding and the service much better than ANY other restaurant in the whole area.......and they never disappoint me!! I particularly love bringing people there for the week-end Brunch.......They are ALWAYS so pleasantly surprised by the pastries and the outstanding menu...........I secretly LOVE the Fried Chicken.....so does my 14 yr. old grandson!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We have eaten here a few times. We have had wonderful food each time. The wait staff is competent and attentive. The fried chicken is excellent.Special Features:
- always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014We enjoy going to Rye for casual and fun dining. The food was excellent, as always. The chicken amazing. My husband tried the butternut squash soup and practically licked the bowl! We can always count on Rye for superb food and a changing menu that highlights some of nature's bounty from our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cabalDined on 9/26/2014I had been wanting to try out Rye for quite a while. And I was not let down. The Hanger steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had. It was so juicy and full of flavor that i declined to put any of the accompanying sauce for fear that I would hide its delicious flavor. I can easily say Rye is going to become a mainstay for my wife and I.Special Features:
- Great Food, Limited MenubeerdrinkerDined on 9/26/2014Streak and Fish is what we had and both were great. It just seemed that the selection on the menu was small compared to some of the other places. If you feel like steak, few options were available but had to really think about what you wanted because there weren't tons of selections. Same with appetizers. I know restaurants want to be unique but putting standard bar appetizer may be little more welcoming. Maybe unique items can be explained by the waitress to venture out. This should help accommodate people who want to venture out vs. people looking for something standard that may try something unique next time.Special Features:
- DisappointedJimFVIPDined on 9/26/2014Brought guest from California, 2 of three had never eaten at the restaurant. I felt bad because if their food was as disappointing as mine and my wife's, well I am embarrassed. My wife and I raved about the chicken saying it gets great reviews, we both ordered all white, and crispy. My order came with two of the tiniest breast I have ever seen. My wife received a tiny breast and what appeared to be a normal size but we later discovered it was nothing more than a thigh, which she never would have ordered. Both orders were not crispy either, thanks mr. server. This was the first time we had a poor experience, but it has stayed with both of us.
- Local favorite, never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014I have dined on three separate occasions and I have never had a bad experience. The restaurant has a very trendy, upscale atmosphere and a food menu that is incredible. I love the hangar steak and the whipped Yukon gold potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveJettmanDined on 9/25/2014My favorite restaurant in KC. Too many great dishes to just name one. Service is always amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I simply love this place!sissiegDined on 9/24/2014I simply love this place! The locally sourced food, the environment, the menu options and the flavor. The shrimp and grits with BBQ pulled pork is my favorite! It is simple elegance at its best and comfortable all at the same time without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodConcertVIPDined on 9/21/2014Had a nice family brunch Sunday at Rye. Really tasty. Don't miss tasting their wonderful pies!Special Features:
- Dining experiencelovetoeat210Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very good. I thought that the wait was too long after we were seated. It took quite a while to get a drink and menu. I don't know if a waiter didn't show up but the waitress didn't come around very often and seemed to have quite a few tables to take care of. We had a reservation as we were celebrating an employee anniversary. This was not our first time and we will definitely go back again. We will not, however, if the same service experience happens again. Too noisy to be able to talk to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperFromLeawoodVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a party of 4 and all enjoyed service, wine, ambiance and food. The fried chicken was really good. All salads and vegetables were fresh. Spicy shrimp appetizer delicious and smoked pork ribs were finished off. We will be back. The service was very good and wine selection fantastic with reasonable prices for all.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I took an out of town friend here for lunch and we enjoyed the occasion! The food was of high quality with great plating, but the price was not too high!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rye ReviewryepleaserDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I were once again very pleased with the dining experience we had at Rye. The waiter was outstanding and the food was excellent. Consistency of excellent food preparation and beyond expectation service are stalwarts of a great restaurant. Particular request by my wife on her food preparation was received and delivered without push back. Five stars for sure on this experience.Special Features:
- CorribusDined on 9/17/2014I started with a corn soup and my wife had a salad, and we both enjoyed them. Wife and I split an order of fried chicken, plus two sides (green beans and grits). We agreed the fried chicken was excellent. The green beans were good but nothing amazing. Our opinion on the grits was split. I liked them, but my wife thought they were too rich. She's right about the rich but I enjoyed nevertheless. The pie was amazing. Staff was very friendly and appreciative of our business. Prices were reasonable as long as you don't get a steak. I'd return without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rye is deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Rye has a great, rustic/chic atmosphere, and delicious food. The service was good, and the pace was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!LovesAixoisVIPDined on 9/13/2014Friend and I shared a salad and an entree, then each got our own dessert. House salad and whitefish were excellent. Coconut cream and lemon merengue pie were outstanding! Portions are moderate so it was just enough and we weren't overly full. Service was slow in beginning and our waiter never offered us bread which others were getting, but otherwise service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonDined on 9/13/2014Very enjoyable. My third visit. Service above par. Menu always creates a personal problem in trying to make a meal selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently good.dscherffVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent service as well. Menu changes have been good and seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.