10551 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryekc.com/
- Phone: (913) 642-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am-2:30pm
Mid-Day Menu: Monday - Friday 2:30pm-5pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday From 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colby & Megan Garrelts
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our event coordinator Susan Kane will work closely with you to tailor an event according to your dining preferences and our seasonal menu selections. Rye has several menu formats available for private events ranging from our hors d’ oeuvres selections and sit-down or buffet style menus. Rye has many choices for beverage selections including our complete wine list, beer, and specialty cocktails. Our staff at Rye is dedicated to assisting our clients in their private dining needs.
When requesting more information please email the following details to Susan Kane, at email@example.com, so that we may better serve your private dining requests:
Date of Desired Event
Estimated Number of Guests
Reason for the Event
- Private Party Contact: Susan Kane 913-642-5800x
- Special Events: We regularly have special dinners featuring everything from beer and whiskey to our favorite farmers. The details are on our website at www.ryekc.com or on our facebook page, www.facebook.com/ryeks.
A word from Rye
Rye, a restaurant celebrating Midwestern recipes, traditions, and culture using local Kansas & Missouri flavors and farmers. Rye restaurant in Leawood, Kansas, just south of Kansas City, will celebrate the Midwestern foods that chefs Megan and Colby Garrelts grew up eating. Both of these chefs are proud to be from the Midwest and Rye gives them the opportunity to showcase dishes that they have enjoyed with several generations of their families. They will pay homage to those heritage dishes that the Midwest is known for succulent smoked pork chops, aged steaks, baby back ribs, fried chicken, vegetables just off the stove, Parker House rolls, freshly made seasonal pies, fruit cobblers, and ice box cakes to name a few. Their food at Rye will take traditional dishes and give them a chef’s point of view, while preserving the important heritage of the dish. Chefs Megan and Colby will use fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and products including produce from their family farm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (205)neighborhood gem (155)special occasion (110)good for groups (97)great for outdoor dining (96)great for lunch (90)great for brunch (86)hot spot (64)romantic (50)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (34)kid-friendly (30)scenic view (15)late-night find (11)Show More
- RYEBERGRVIPDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, the service & the food during Saturday brunch. The grits are to die for, the pancakes & the omelets can't be any better! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ERBTDined on 11/22/2014We had a great lunch. My only complaint is that the fried chicken meal was a bit skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDEDBVIPDined on 11/21/2014We've been here a couple of times and service is great...food is very good. Convenient location for us...so that's always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening at RyePMacDined on 11/20/2014We went to Rye for dinner the evening of November 20, 2014. It was our first visit. We had a reservation for 6:30 and were immediately seated. Our server was prompt and courteous, handling our drink and appetizer orders with ease. The whipped goat cheese and sourdough toast were delightful. I'm often turned off by restaurant bread offerings (I make nearly all of our own bread, including sourdough), so to find Rye's offering to be so tasty was a pleasant surprise. My wife opted for the Bibb Lettuce Salad featuring blue cheese, bacon, and walnuts, which she thoroughly enjoyed. She found the flavors to be well-balanced and harmonious. It being a cold evening, I selected the Roasted Butternut Squash soup, which was silky smooth, rich, and just slightly sweet. Very good! For the entree, my wife ordered the Shrimp and Grits. While she found it to be thoroughly enjoyable (none was left to take home), she said that she would have enjoyed a creamier texture in the grits. I suspect that the now-defunct Uncle Bubba's Oyster House in Savannah probably set the bar for her estimation of the dish. The shrimp, however, were remarkable; perfectly seasoned and topped with pulled pork. Definitely a twist on the usual presentation. I selected the Smoked Berkshire Pork Shank for my entree. It was everything you could ask for; moist, smoky, succulent. And very big, too. About half of it went home for later consumption. The slightly bitter greens played very nicely against the richness of the grits. Our server consistently checked on us just a few seconds before we would have started looking for her. She obviously was keeping an eye on things without being intrusive. If we had questions, she had answers. If we needed something, she anticipated it. Noise levels were moderately high. There are a lot of hard surfaces, so the buzz of a happy crowd tends to be amplified. It was a good kind of noise though; the kind that people make when they are having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BldrgirlDined on 11/17/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday on a Monday evening and were pleasantly surprised to learn it was Steak Night. All of us enjoyed the hanger steak and it was fantastico. We sat near the chefs table so there was lots of action- a fun, vibrant scene. Thanks Rye for another great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/15/2014The food and service were both very good. The place was very noisy to the point it was difficult to talk. The place was packed and therefore it was a little difficult to move through the furniture and waite staff.I would go back but look for some off hours perhaps during the week. This is what I would recommend to others should they ask. BTW I had the Chicken and Dumplings and they were great - The Dumpling reminded me of those my Mom called slick dumplings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was energetic. Too noisy.captjpsDined on 11/14/2014We arrived early for our reservation at 5:30 PM and the place was "abuzz". The chicken was very good but the shrimp and grits was too spicy. The service was excellent. This is a popular spot but the noise level would keep me from returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Home away from Home'peggyVIPDined on 11/13/2014My family loves Rye. Its just around the corner in our quaint neighborhood of Leawood, so there's no travel time or delay until we can savor the flavors of their food. The cozy, comfort style fits w/how we enjoy eating but their dishes are more creative than mine so its a nice break for me! I believe they hire intelligent and experienced staff because the service is top notch. They go out of their way to explain and seem genuinely friendly & happy to make the experience a delightful one. One of a kind d drink concoctions are a nice alternative if we stray from our usuals and the desserts are quite a delicious treat, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locally owned restaurant.CowboyLogicVIPDined on 11/12/2014Food and service were great. The char grill on the really thick filet gave it a great flavor not typical in most restaurants. Definitely worth hitting when your in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014I had a great time at Rye. Food came out fast and it was really good. I ordered steak and the price is worth it because of how much food you get with the dish. The environment was really cozy and warm, We went for my mom't birthday and she loved it. It was a little too loud but it was because the place was full. The waitress was good, asked us for more water a couple of times (which is enough), asked us if we wanted dessert and coffee after that. I would have liked to see a smile in her face at least once and I did feel a little rushed at the end but overall she did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Chopped salad so soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Will try the infamous fried chicken next time. The chopped salad I would not recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rye's the BestCropman49Dined on 11/5/2014This is a fantastic restaurant in a great neighborhood, the food is exceptional, service is always fantastic, we are lucky to live so close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in LeawoodLaurengaDined on 11/2/2014Rye has a killer brunch menu. The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchfoodieDined on 11/2/2014Rye was the perfect place for my family to celebrate my husband and grandsons birthday. The food was as delicious as home cooking. We all ordered something different and enjoyed every bite!!! The home fries are out of this world DELISH!!! The atmosphere is rustic and yet upscale. Very inviting! The service was very good, she was attentive but not hovering. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014Newly moving into the area, its difficult sometimes finding great food in the suburbs. Went to Rye on Friday and was not disappointed. Once you get past the construction taking place around the restaurant, what you find inside is a warm, inviting atmosphere that serves delicious and flavorful comfort food. I had the dry aged ribeye and my wife had the double cut pork chop from the steak reserve menu. Talk about great cuts of meat. Both were perfectly cooked, juicy, and are highly recommended. My wife and I were not disappointed with the food, drinks or service. The place is friendly and has an upbeat vibe without being pretentious. We will definitely be back once we relocate to the area in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014This was our first visit and the food and service were really great. I had the Shrimp and Grits, my wife had the burger and my daughter had the ribs. I had a taste of both of theirs and I was extremely impressed. I think you should bottle and sell that barbq sauce. I don't normally use sauce and I am not normally a fan of any "Carolina" style sauces but yours is very, very good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great local farm fresh foodMikeDined on 10/28/2014We came to celebrate an anniversary- not a super dressy one, we just wanted a great meal in a new place we hadn't been. Dress business casual or casual and fit right in here - great atmosphere with couples or families side by side. Great wood tones throughout the room and lighting that's warmer color temperature that makes it feel very welcoming and romantic after the 7pm time frame. The bar looked awesome and they had the Royals game on across a couple tvs. Great cocktails menu and extensive wine list. The chefs have done a great job of using local farm ingredients to make amazing dishes. Try the pork shank or the white fish - both were great along with the crab hush puppies to start. Great friendly service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rye did not dissappointDineTasticDined on 10/25/2014I had heard the hype of Rye and decided it was time to try. When we made the reservation we had no idea the Royals would be playing in the World Series, on Saturday night, at 7 p.m. The restaurant was not full by any means but there were plenty of diners enjoying their night while one eye on one of the may TV's. The atmosphere was open and gracious. This is a great place for any size party. Well crafted menu will suit most all appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth findingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This is a quaint, quiet spot with excellent food choices. Everything is good from the appetizers to the dessert and everything in between.Special Features:
- Great night on the patioDaisyDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed a birthday celebration on a perfect fall evening on the patio overlooking the pond. The firepit area with couches, the trees turning orange around the pond, and great food contributed to a very nice time at Rye. The construction going up right by the patio detracted a bit from the view but once that is done, will be prettier, I'm sure. We tried their specialties, mac and cheese, fried chicken, shrimp and grits as well as rainbow trout and salmon. The whipped goat cheese and honey on sourdough appetizer/"snack" was perhaps the tastiest part of the meal but maybe that's because we were hungry! Dixie pie at end was excellent, too.Special Features:
- food4funVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our evening with out-of-town guests was delightful. Everyone raved about the food - trout, salmon, hanger steak, fried chicken - and wished they had such a restaurant near them! :-) We were, once again, delighted with our service, drinks and food and will continue our visits to Rye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for RyePickyeater63Dined on 10/22/2014Food is consistantly excellent and service great. Nice for a special evening out or just a fun lunch. Unique cocktails and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great service, and that fried chicken! Delicious food, from the trout to the steak to the chicken. Our table enjoyed every dish. Well prepared. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!!StephanieDined on 10/19/2014Brunch was delicious! I also went during a Royals playoff game and they had numerous specials (My FAVORITE are the chicken wings!!!). I suggest going during the World Series!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service were as great as always! The Wild Scotch salmon was awesome! Of course the Shrimp and Grits is our all time favorite! We LOVE Rye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodKrisVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my third visit to Rye, and every visit has been exceptional. The service and decor are phenomenal, and the food continues to amaze! I have previously had the salmon and trout (both flavorful) and had the shrimp and grits this visit. Wow! I'm dreaming about this dish. Their mulled wine was also tasty!Special Features:
- Foodies EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014This place is not only sophisticated but can accommodate well behaved children. The food is AMAZING and the atmosphere is casual but with an upscale feel. The bar is home to some seriously skilled bartenders. Go to Rye, get yourself a drink and enjoy some of the best food KC has to offer.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and serviceTracyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Wine list was fantastic. Jeremey offered a great suggestion. Food was delicious. Save room for the lemon meringue pie. Very tart. Very DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried chicken in KC!drtrDined on 10/16/2014This was our second visit to Rye. We love the chicken, and the rest of the food is quite good too. We had a reservation for four, and got to sit in one of the large booths which is very comfy. When our companions didn't show, the staff couldn't have been more gracious even though we took up a very large table. The sommelier recommended a fabulous bottle of old world Pinot, and now we have a new favorite. It's a great place to go for good food, and good company. For quiet romance, we would choose their sister restaurant Bluestem. We are thrilled Rye is here!Special Features:
- Great food!LFitzVIPDined on 10/16/2014Quieter than many restaurants and excellent food. Great service too!Special Features:
- Impeccable.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014My tenth time visiting. Food and service is consistently perfect. This is my favorite restaurant in KC, by a huge margin, and the value of steak night is almost too good to be true. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for the price pointbab52Dined on 10/12/2014The only the only item on the menu that elicited a WOW were the pies. Truly delicious on our first visit, but not quite as good on the second try. The food is good, but not exciting enough to warrant the high price point.Special Features:
- A KeeperWeekendfeasterDined on 10/11/2014Refreshing local neighborhood restaurant- food is fresh, both walk ins and reservations are accepted, clean, interactive and intelligent staff, and wide selection with menu that changes with the seasons. Open kitchen a plus as well.Special Features:
- DougDined on 10/9/2014All food items chosen were outstanding! Our server was very talkative which didn't set well with our dining guests. Servers were too quick to clear our plates which again was irritating to the other couple. Mushrooms, chicharones, shank, shrimp & of course chicken was terrific!! The person who sat us at the table made me feel he remembered we'd been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanominal PlaceChrisDined on 10/5/2014The food was over the top, so good. The wait staff explained and advised well. Also the one of the managers made sure to check in after you meal. This place is 5 Star plus for food and enviroment!Special Features:
- Hidden away but worth findingjaniceVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great restaurant! Loved the shrimp & grits! We're from out-of-town and it took a little effort to find. Glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY FOOD GREAT SERVICENamaBabs123Dined on 10/5/2014I love Rye!! I have never had an even "mediocre" experience there! I count on the food always being outstanding and the service much better than ANY other restaurant in the whole area.......and they never disappoint me!! I particularly love bringing people there for the week-end Brunch.......They are ALWAYS so pleasantly surprised by the pastries and the outstanding menu...........I secretly LOVE the Fried Chicken.....so does my 14 yr. old grandson!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We have eaten here a few times. We have had wonderful food each time. The wait staff is competent and attentive. The fried chicken is excellent.Special Features:
- always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014We enjoy going to Rye for casual and fun dining. The food was excellent, as always. The chicken amazing. My husband tried the butternut squash soup and practically licked the bowl! We can always count on Rye for superb food and a changing menu that highlights some of nature's bounty from our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cabalDined on 9/26/2014I had been wanting to try out Rye for quite a while. And I was not let down. The Hanger steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had. It was so juicy and full of flavor that i declined to put any of the accompanying sauce for fear that I would hide its delicious flavor. I can easily say Rye is going to become a mainstay for my wife and I.Special Features: