11 W. 17th St.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ryehousenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122557260
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Greg Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Friday October 28 until it is all gone! Stop in and try our Barrel Aged Sazerac Cocktail! We've paid homage to both the American and French origins of the cocktail by using Rye and Cognac in the recipe. We've used Hudson Whiskeys Four Grain Bourbon Barrels to another layer of complexity, a twist on this Rye based drink!!
A word from Rye House
Rye House is a casual bar and restaurant with a deep seeded reverence for the foundation, history, and traditions of American cocktails, spirits, brews, wines and regional gastronomy's. In this pursuit we will pay homage to the diversity of the food and drink of various regions of the United States. We will achieve these goals by highlighting the rebirth of small batch production and grassroots cooking, merging the modern creative techniques of today while harkening us back to simpler times. We DO NOT take reservations for the bar area through Open Table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rye House reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our reservation was not readyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2013Our reservation was not ready until 30 minutes after. Not cool..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My three favorite B'sjarbroDined on 11/26/2013Beer, bourbon, and boiled peanuts. I love them all and Rye house knows how to deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu that ran on theBrandtDined on 11/4/2013Great menu that ran on the lighter side despite being a take on upscale American bar food. Nothing too overwhelming. Excellent cocktails, mostly whiskey-focused. Our reservation wasn't ready when we arrived, so the manager generously offered us a round of drinks on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks - yes; Food - very limitedRayUWSVIPDined on 9/30/2013While we enjoyed our evening at Rye House, after seeing a movie, we were very disappointed in the very limited menu. The food menu is upscale pub-grub and we managed to find a few things we liked (lobster roll, kale salad, burger) but I chose Rye House to eat and my mistake. The drinks are great, however.
- Great spot for dinner and/or drinksPchrislewisDined on 9/14/2013Rye House is truly a hidden gem. The fact that you are able to get a resrvation the day of to such an awesome restaurant is one of the perks of NYC. The atmosphere is great. The bar area always has a great vibe and the dinning area has a different but still very cool vibe. The drinks are fantastic and the food is just as great! I will be back many times!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work LunchFreshiesDined on 9/13/2013Had a work lunch here - great selection of beer and the food was amazing. Will be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favorite spot in NYCSuneetVIPDined on 9/12/2013Service is great. Food is really good. Cocktails are out of this world (their cocktail menu is not as exhaustive as say, Dead Rabbit, but whatever they make, they make better than anyone else.) Can't beat it. It's just a fantastic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great no-frills spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2013The food at Rye House is just ok. Not bad at all, but nothing to write home about. We got the fried pickles that were a little over-crisped so you really couldn't taste much pickle underneath, but the sauce was great. I got the mussels which could've used a little more garlic and salt, but were otherwise fine. My friend got the burrata which she said was delicious. The drinks here are fantastic - an amazing beer list, great mixed drinks, and very knowledgeable bartenders. This is definitely a post-work happy hour crowd with men as the majority, so ladies, if you're looking to meet someone - this is definitely the place to go.Special Features:
- Good bar vibe, but promising-soundiHungryVIPDined on 8/8/2013Good bar vibe, but promising-sounding dishes (duck quesadillas, jalapeno sloppy joe sliders) that turned out to be mediocre at best and definitely overpriced. Would come back for the bar vibe, but would eat elsewhere first.
- Great drinks - okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2013This popular Flatiron spot shines as an after work watering hole. Great bar staff and always excellent whiskey drinks. That said, I am not a big fan of the food. It tends toward being a bit too greasy and overwrought.Special Features:
- Rye House isn't really a placeBonnieVIPDined on 6/22/2013Rye House isn't really a place to eat, although the sandwiches we had were okay. Think Drinks! The menu has pages and pages of whiskies and the Manhattan and glass of wine we had were adequate. We would return but only for drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bargain for lunch in FlatironOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2013$15 for a soup/salad & sandwich and very good food. If you also like rye, bourbon, great selection and also very nice selection of beers on tap. Compare $15 to a place any take out food venue which is going to cost you an average of $8-$10 you are better off sitting down getting served and having a nice quiet lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little nookchizster2Dined on 5/4/2013Great cocktails and beer selection. Food is well prepared, flavorful, and well above average for a pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great whiskey selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2013They have a great whiskey selection. Food is mostly geared to complement the great drinks rather than vice versa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to spot in the city!!TimothyDined on 4/20/2013Doesn't matter what the occasion is Rye House delivers the perfect experience every time. Amazing food, drink, service and atmosphere at all the key times - happy hr, dinner, brunch and late night. If your looking for a great time with friends (great for groups) this is the place.Special Features:
- Great spirits list - foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Great spirits list - food was good, but selection was limited. Really nicely done place, but it gets loud.Special Features:
- Food was good but recall itjusteatitVIPDined on 4/5/2013Food was good but recall it being better with more choices. Impossible to sit in the bar area anymore; too crowded and overall becoming too noisy. Better for drinks than dinnerSpecial Features:
- Vibrant!SecondFloorDined on 3/21/2013Was meeting some girlfriends for dinner and drinks and this place fit the bill geographically. We were first seated a little close to the bar action and asked to be moved a little further into the dining room. The staff was accommodating and gracious. We loved the bar selections, loved the decadent little bites and ladies, if you're looking to find some male companionship, this is the place. It was crawling with men.Special Features:
- Great beer, cocktails, and staff.SuneetVIPDined on 3/20/2013Great beer selection. Solid food. But you're going there for the beer and cocktails. Service is good and the staff is always great, even though the bar gets jam packed. It's my favorite spot to meet someone for a drink.Special Features:
- Obviously the draw here ishenrysmomDined on 3/3/2013Obviously the draw here is the spirits - whiskey/bourbon in particular. Done very well, extreme attention paid to the prep of each requested drink (We decided to have our dinner at the bar, instead of the dining area, so we were up front and close.) The menu is also extremely interesting, and the 4 dishes we tried were delicious. As were the rye cocktails I indulged in. The bartender, although friendly, was mostly engaged in chatting up his co-workers, and not that attentive. Then again, this was a Sunday night, things not as jumping as they could have been, and he may have been coming off a busy tiring weekend. I say, go, if you are a whiskey drinker.Special Features:
- They seem a little more proudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2013They seem a little more proud of their limited food menu than may be warranted, but that's not to say it wasn't good. The real attraction is the spirits list. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Rye HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013A few friends and I went there for dinner and drinks. Good beer and great whisky selection. The menu is a bit lacking but the food they have is very good. Overall a really cool place. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Meh.Shusha75VIPDined on 1/27/2013Service felt rushed and wait staff was rude. We had to remind the waitress for our drinks twice, which were then unceremoniously plopped at our table. After our meal, we were not offered desert or coffee, but rather immediately presented the check. This is unfortunate, as my friend and I were very much looking forward to the Rye House brunch. For the money we spent, I do not feel it merits going back- the main reason being the sub-par service.
- Was very quiet for brunch,DboyVIPDined on 1/19/2013Was very quiet for brunch, and whlst the server was pleasant, she seemed devoid of personality.Special Features:
- Really delicious whiskey.EasyBayDined on 1/18/2013Really delicious whiskey. Ordered the fish fry which came out much smaller than I had imagined for its price. Cocktails are kinda pricey but that's the same for anywhere else. Ambience is great.Special Features:
- Good beer list and food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2013Good beer list and food was delicious but portions were very small for the price. For $15, I expect more than 4 small pierogies. They were pretty tastey though!Special Features:
- Homerun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/6/2013We ate in the bar area which provided a first-hand look at all the bar has to offer. A conversation start in itself. The food is fabulous. Apparently those in the kitchen actually know what tastes good. Kudos to those in the kitchen for making food that's perfect in every way. The music was retro '80s which was fun, but could have been turned down in volume just a bit. The server was super nice and honestly interested in whether our experience was a good one. You guys have hit a homerun with this one!Special Features:
- Their specialty are spiritsNicadomiVIPDined on 1/5/2013Their specialty are spirits which they have it in spades. This is for serious liquor drinkers. The desserts are very good as well.Special Features:
- Great for drinks, not dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/5/2013Friendly service and great cocktails. Prices are high for portion and quality. It's dressed up bar food and I'm almost certain some items were microwaved. Cheese plate was good.Special Features:
- We have been to Rye HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We have been to Rye House several times. The drinks are great and the food is good. It's better as a bar destination, but has a back room for diners that is separated somewhat from the more energetic front bar. The service is great. We went once just for pre dinner drinks and asked for a table even though tables are for diners only. The host offered us a table on the condition we were out by 8 because he had a reservation there. That suited us fine, and there was no frustration or hassel on the part of the host or our wait staff. It's that kind of service that will keep us going back to a place.Special Features:
- Great for drinks; bar areaAlexDined on 12/20/2012Great for drinks; bar area is a bit crowded. Ignore my food rating, as I didn't get food. Get a reservation for a table to avoid waiting at the bar. .Special Features:
- Great spot for B-day drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2012Had a small b-day dinner there - everyone loved the venue!Special Features:
- Among the best fries and chipsLynneDined on 12/6/2012Among the best fries and chips I've ever had. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Great food, good service, seated promptly. Wonderfully stocked bar!Special Features:
- This place was great - extensiveschristieVIPDined on 11/10/2012This place was great - extensive cocktail/spirits/wine list, great ambience, and clearly a good spot for groups. My one complaint: serving size. I ordered the Sloppy Joe Sliders, and ended up with only two that barely qualified as an appetizer (and priced like all other entrees). I ended up ordering another grilled cheese on top of the dinner orders already to split with someone else at the table. Overall, an awesome time at a great spot that would've been more satisfying had I known what orders to go with in terms of size.Special Features:
- Better place for drink thanDBNYCVIPDined on 10/22/2012Better place for drink than dinner. Limited menu. More like Bar food
- Delicious sandwiches. I thoroughly59momVIPDined on 10/11/2012Delicious sandwiches. I thoroughly enjoyed the truffle grilled cheese as well as the BLT. I split them both with my guest!Special Features:
- Ridiculously overcrowded andJeffVIPDined on 9/28/2012Ridiculously overcrowded and noisy Host couldn't even hear us speak. Save your time and go elsewhere.
- Grilled Cheese BlissJuliaBDined on 9/23/2012You must, must, must have the truffle grilled cheese. It is my absolute favorite in...all of the world. But seriously. It's delicious. So are the taro chips that come on the salad. I had mine with an Ommegang the other night - YUM. But at some point, I will try it with a flight of whiskey. I plan to return asap for my...6th or 7th Rye House grilled cheese. MWAH!Special Features:
- We were there for an earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/23/2012We were there for an early brunch on a Sunday and felt extremely welcomed by the staff. It was quiet at that time and we lingered. They did not rush us and continued to refill our coffees. I know it is really crowded at night so it was nice to be there during the off hours.Special Features: