Rye Grill and Bar
1 Station Plaza
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rye Grill and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ryegrill.com/
- Phone: 9149670332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Billy Esteves & Brian Nelsen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs private dining room with maximum of 80 people. The room offers a screen and projector for business or family events. There is an elevator that will take you to this floor. There is also a small lounge area with coaches in the room.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Flynn 9149670332
- Cross Street: Purchase Street
- Public Transit: Metro North New Haven Line has a stop in Rye. The train will let you out across the parking lot to the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a private lot where we offer valet parking during lunch Monday thru Friday. Customers are welcome to park in the lot on there own at night and on weekends. The restaurant is in the Rye train station parking lot. So on weekends and after 7pm weeknights there are plenty of spots.
A word from Rye Grill and Bar
The Rye Grill and Bar reopened to large crowds in January 2009 after a major renovation that boasts four separate dining rooms, fireplaces and a front porch. Long-time patrons will be relieved to know that it's still the casual neighborhood spot they've always loved. The Grill offers the same friendly service and menu favorites that made it a crowd pleaser for fifteen years, from it's fried calamari, Cajun chicken quesadillas and 4-layer dip to its salads, pizzas, sandwiches, sliders and burgers. Popular entrees include the Rye Grill's signature farfalle with hot Italian sausage, pan roasted filet mignon, pot chicken and fish selections. Guests may have drinks and appetizers in its lively mahogany bar room on the first floor or enjoy a bit more quiet at the nautical themed bar upstairs. Dining room options accommodate all for, dinner and private parties. Valet parking is available at lunch during the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Rye Grill and Bar - Best Restaurants in Rye ›
Rye Grill and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (41)kid-friendly (34)vibrant bar scene (33)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (23)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)late-night find (10)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)Show More
- Good bar grubDavid10546Dined on 9/10/2014Something for everything, good for the basics, very nice staffSpecial Features:
- Never ceases to amazeAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have been to the Rye Grill numerous times. It always has superb cuisine and a great atmosphere. Try teh specials that always change and offer unique dishes of great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsJohnjayboyzDined on 8/24/2014Service was friendly and quick. I made a reservation online on Open Table and the table was all set and ready for us the second we walked in. The food was fresh and delicious and exactly as we ordered. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!Victorious4Dined on 8/22/2014I come here a lot because it is a great place to meet friends for dinner. The food is great and so is the ambience. The prices are reasonable. This all adds up to a great value. I also highly recommend it for group functions. The service is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for everyoneflying33Dined on 8/21/2014Rye Grill has always been my go-to place. This time for a working dinner. We ate outside ( less noisy ). My "usual" salmon club dinner was perfectly cooked, with attentive service. Great that they allow many changes to how the food is prepared. We were able to linger, not feeling rushed. I appreciate that someone can eat lightly or order full dinner. I've used the upstairs party room for several celebrations with great success. Rye Grill appeals to all ages for so many reasons - it can be noisy & has a very lively bar. They are always welcoming!Special Features:
- Great place BUT NOISY!!!AnneDined on 8/20/2014Obviously very popular and the food is good, but don't go if you want to hear people at your table. Not at all a good place for elderly or people with hearing aids. We had to shout the whole time. Many restaurants are noisy but because of the size, openness and hard wood floors - this place is worse than many in that regard.Special Features:
- LovelyromagirlDined on 8/2/2014Friends from out of town were very impressed. Food, service and setting all pleasant. Until a surprise birthday party (about 20 young women) was seated next to us, the noise was fine. In nicer weather the porch would have been a nice setting, but we still enjoyed the window seats we were given.Special Features:
- high prices, low servicesReluctantCustomerDined on 7/31/2014Once again the Rye Grill disappoints and embarrasses. I don't understand why it's so hard to get good service help. Surly waitress. Either she or the kitchen messed up the substitute-broccoli-for-fries order (which of course is an additional charge). Meal was over before the broccoli came out. At least she had the common sense to waive the additional charge. Bottom line: the place prices for perfection but rarely delivers. Such a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great choice for a family groupKathyDined on 7/30/2014Rye Grill and Bar was a crowd-pleaser. We brought a party of 9, in 3 generations, and everyone was able to find something they liked. The menu is diverse, from sliders and pizza to more "elegant" entrees, and the prices were reasonable. Our server was friendly, accommodating and on top of things without hovering. The atmosphere on a summer Wednesday evening was upbeat without being too noisy. Some people were dining out on the porch, which isn't exactly scenic, right on a parking lot, but it's fun to watch the trains go by. Parking is mostly metered, which is a minor inconvenience, because the restaurant, located in a large, historic house, is basically at the Rye train station. This was a great choice for our family gathering.Special Features:
- Comfortable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014We always enjoy Rye Bar & Grill. On this night there was a hiccup in the timing of our food (salads arrived with entrees), but it was not a big deal as we were not in a hurry. We assumed it was because new waitstaff was being trained at our table. We ended up having the salad taken off our our bill. Everything else was fine, food good, the friend we brought enjoyed it and we were comfortable in our booth talking until most others had left.Special Features:
- Always good, never greatADZ1Dined on 7/22/2014Unlike Forrest Gump's box of choclates, you know exactly what you're going to get at Rye G & B. The food is consistently good and one should not expect it to rise to the level of great. This is glorified pub food, done well. Keep your expectations in check and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/20/2014We went for brunch and sat on the porch, which was very nice. The waitress could not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Great placeRobertVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is consistently very good . Benn here numerous times not a bad meal yetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014Went here for lunch with a co-worker. Had the wrap and the chicken sandwich. Both were fantastic. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly very goodRobertVIPDined on 7/12/2014Quality of there food and service is always above parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Little Booth in the BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014On Sunday morning this was a quiet and comfortable place to be. The bartender waited on us (party of 4). We all enjoyed our meals/drinks; we all left happy.Special Features:
- Always a great place to dineAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 7/2/2014I have been to Rye Grill and Bar mant times. The service is always great and the cuisine is amazing. Try the specials. They are always unique and just a little different. I know I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lilyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Good food, great for families and a local dinner. But WAY too loud.
- DELICIOUS!1234boysDined on 6/21/2014We were a party of 4 and we all enjoyed our meal. My swordfish was like butter. I would order that again next time. Our waitress was very polite and attentive to our needs. I certainly would make this a regular dining spot and recommend it to friends. Loved the atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayPeggyDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed a lovely Father's Day meal out on the porch. Food is consistently good - great burgers, onion strings, lobster bisque and on and on. We would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodRobertVIPDined on 6/14/2014This place is very consisant with there food and service. Very pleasant atmosphere . That's why I keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Our server was awesome!! I would come back again based on the level five service he provided. I wish I knew his name. He was patient, helpful, genuine and such a gem. The food was very good. Thank you for a great experience!!Special Features:
- Week night at the GrillFoodSwamiDined on 6/4/2014Always a town favorite. Great place for the family and to unwind after a long day. Meatball sliders looked good and will need try. Had the turkey wrap with bacon and avocado, side of french fries. Hit the spot!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been to Rye Bar and Grill many times and have loved it, but this time was not good. Service was terrible- we waited forever for our appetizers. The manager brought over my appetizer salad and said "here is your salad without bacon" placing a salad with bacon in front of me and then he ran off before letting me tell him it was wrong. Then my boyfriend asked for no sauce on his fish and they brought sauce. That same manager came over to apologize and told us he would come back and check on us and never did. They also did not take anything off the bill as an apology for messing up each course of our meal. The manager needs some hospitality training!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- over70yearsoldDined on 5/30/2014Although we sat upstairs and in a corner,the noise level was very high. It was not possible to carry on a normal conversation. we willl go back but only early in the week --never on the weekend, Food was very good and waitress was excellent.Special Features:
- Food - good, Service - not so much.NYCMOMOF2BOYSVIPDined on 5/26/2014Every time we've gone to Rye Grill & Bar the food and service have been good. This visit, tables that had sat down & ordered after us were served before us. We continued to ask about our food, we were told it's coming out. Turns out that our waiter had forgotten to put our order in. We were with our kids & had asked if it was going to be a long time & the waiter assured us it wouldn't. When the food finally came an hour after sitting down, it came out plate by plate and the kids got their food last. The food was fine & the manager did the right thing & took $ off, but next time we would appreciate not being lied to. Just tell the truth, apologize & tell us that you forgot to put the order in, we wouldn't have gotten so frustrated.Special Features:
- Great as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/25/2014This is one of our favorite places. Almost always guaranteed a good meal with good service. This popular place can get very noisy; a little secret that we have discovered is that a booth in the bar can be quieter and more peaceful than the main restaurant - as long as it is not during Happy Hour on a weeknight!Special Features:
- The following 577 reviews are from the Rye Grill and Bar reviews archive.
- Never againDpakVIPDined on 5/18/2014They have mediocre food, but most importantly the attitude of server and management were disgraceful and we will never return. We were a large party celebrating a birthday and had a 3 PM Sunday res. We were told when seated that our server would tell us the specials. Specials were never offered to us and when we asked, he told us " none are offered at this time ". While paying the bill we heard specials being offered to the table next to us. Shocked by this, we asked the manager why we were offered NO specials. She said there are no specials between 3 PM and 3:30 PM so our 3:15 ordering time left us out. She clearly had a "too bad " attitude and lost us as customers. There are many restaurants in the area. Try one who values its patrons.
- Rye's Steadfast Great EatsSpoiledbyTravelDined on 5/11/2014I have been to Rye Grill and Bar various times for company events, Christmas lunch with my team and dinner with the family. The food is steadfast and always great. I love the fact that Rye is large enough to take walk ins on Mother's Day/Valentine's Day, you name it. We truly enjoy the ambiance. If you want some energy, stay downstairs with the music and the bar scene, but it you want a bit less energy, go upstairs or dine outdoors. The decor is this old mansion is traditional and welcoming with fire places and windows through out. The waiters are always attentive and honest about the food. Go there; you will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchBew1Dined on 5/11/2014French toast was burnt, home fries were cold.. I got the feeling that our food was taken from the buffet upstairs... No muffins or anything interesting before meal, just bread.. No fresh juice.. Just overpriced, uninspired brunch menuSpecial Features:
- Always good...marlewDined on 5/10/2014Met our friends for dinner here on Saturday night, and couldn't get over how crowded it was. I must say, we had a 7:30pm reservation, and we were taken right to our table. The food was delicious as always, just the noise level was very loud. It's not the type of place to go for a leisurely dinner and talk with friends. Parking is also a bit of a crowd, but there is plenty nearby. The service was excellent. The food is great, though we only had hamburgers and filet sandwiches...comes with great onions and fries....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterMikeDined on 5/10/2014We've been to Rye Grill & Bar before and have had generally good experiences. This time was different. They seemed ill prepared to deal with the Mother's Day crowd. While our server was friendly, we had to ask at least three times for an extra fork, for bread to be brought from the table, etc. An entree that is always on the menu, and typically very good, had a key ingredient missing. All in all, this outing was not worth the high price for a very loud restaurant and shoddy service this time.Special Features:
- casualryedrivebyDined on 5/10/2014The menu is fairly basic but with good choices. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliably GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites and we always leave happy!Special Features:
- Frank's ReviewFrankieDined on 4/27/2014My friends and I loved the food here. I tried the breakfast pizza and it was delicious! I had been once before for dinner and had a cowboy steak. I would definitely go back again. Great for brunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchColeyDined on 4/27/2014We went for brunch. I was very disappointed in the steak and eggs portion size. This was the second time I have ordered this meal and felt cheated. Especially for the hefty price tag. Next time I will choose a different entrée. My husband ate the French Toast and it was a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home runSjgoferDined on 4/25/2014Great variety on specials and great deserts, timely effective service always a go to for a lively dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeatherVIPDined on 4/23/2014Our waitress was very attentive! We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Dinner 2014jdgnycDined on 4/20/2014This was a great choice for Easter Dinner because it had a special dinner menu with a limited number of outstanding choices at reasonable prices (no prix fixe charge). In addition, all other regular menu items were available. The special lobster bisque with corn was superb. All of our entrees were exceptionally good in both quality and quantity, with seafood deserving special mention. If future holidays have similar ala carte menus (not prix fixe), this restaurant would be a first choice for dining on those occasions. Only its ambience keeps this restaurant from a five-star rating due to its large open dining area that lacks intimacy, sound-softening fabric or a romantic nature (although the working fireplace provides some romance).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter with FamilyPeterMVIPDined on 4/20/2014As we have dined here before we knew what to expect which was a pleasant dining experience with our family on Easter Sunday. We were not disappointed and felt especially lucky to have Nicole as our waitress. She is very attentive without being over-bearing, has a great sense of humor and made us feel special in spite of the fact that the dining room was full and that she was clearly vry busy. She handled it all with aplomb. We look forward to returning in the near future.Special Features: