Rye Grill and Bar
1 Station Plaza
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rye Grill and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ryegrill.com/
- Phone: (914) 967-0332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Billy Esteves & Brian Nelsen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs private dining room with maximum of 80 people. The room offers a screen and projector for business or family events. There is an elevator that will take you to this floor. There is also a small lounge area with coaches in the room.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Flynn 9149670332
- Cross Street: Purchase Street
- Public Transit: Metro North New Haven Line has a stop in Rye. The train will let you out across the parking lot to the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a private lot where we offer valet parking during lunch Monday thru Friday. Customers are welcome to park in the lot on there own at night and on weekends. The restaurant is in the Rye train station parking lot. So on weekends and after 7pm weeknights there are plenty of spots.
A word from Rye Grill and Bar
The Rye Grill and Bar reopened to large crowds in January 2009 after a major renovation that boasts four separate dining rooms, fireplaces and a front porch. Long-time patrons will be relieved to know that it's still the casual neighborhood spot they've always loved. The Grill offers the same friendly service and menu favorites that made it a crowd pleaser for fifteen years, from it's fried calamari, Cajun chicken quesadillas and 4-layer dip to its salads, pizzas, sandwiches, sliders and burgers. Popular entrees include the Rye Grill's signature farfalle with hot Italian sausage, pan roasted filet mignon, pot chicken and fish selections. Guests may have drinks and appetizers in its lively mahogany bar room on the first floor or enjoy a bit more quiet at the nautical themed bar upstairs. Dining room options accommodate all for, dinner and private parties. Valet parking is available at lunch during the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rye Grill and Bar - Best Restaurants in Rye ›
Rye Grill and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (51)kid-friendly (40)great for lunch (36)vibrant bar scene (36)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (23)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (17)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very EnjoyableLoveditVIPDined on 11/22/2014Rye Grill and Bar did a great job handling a group of 8. Won't take the time to list out everything that everyone had, but we had appetizers (crab cakes, french onion soup) and steak (filet and sirloin) as well as seafood (scallops) and a seafood salad special. Everyone was happy with their meals and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutaloteatoutalotVIPDined on 11/22/2014For the second time in 3 days we ordered an appetizer in a restaurant that arrived AFTER our main courses. The server offered to buy us a round of drinks to compensate then did not take them off the bill, huh??? Food was fine, but this sort of thing should not happen. Wouldn't race back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there - definitely returning! A+++JoyUTCDined on 11/14/2014We went there for a department lunch and were very happy with the food and service. There are two floors - we were upstairs in a private room - and it wasn't cramped. The room was lined with windows and you didn't hear any noise from the rest of the floor. Great selections between salads, sandwiches, grill items - it was a great first experience. We will definitely be back again. The place was very pretty, clean and the service we experience was excellent. Enjoy this place, everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh What a Night!happydinerDined on 11/8/2014Have had many private parties here....you never disappoint!! Celebrated my Mom's 8th birthday on Friday and it was excellent from start to finish. The Farfale dish with spinach and sausage in pink cream sauce was amazing, the filet mignon and NY gorgonzola were like butter!! What a wonderful night for celebrating mom. Thank you all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrated happilyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014Husband surprised me for my birthday by inviting friends to join us. The 7 of us were very happy with everything. Food was great - David, our waiter was fully accommodating, even though very busy on a Saturday night, and surprised me with complimentary dessert. This is one of our favorite places. Our only qualification is that you have to expect it to be noisy, as everyone here seems to have a good time.Special Features:
- Very nice experience.Tom1Dined on 11/6/2014Good food, nicely presented and served well. Bit pricey, but good value. The salads were crisp, fish well prepared and extremely fressh. Wonderful bread.Special Features:
- Surprised a foodie!RyeNYpatronDined on 11/1/2014We all ordered fish, two of us had the halibut with a sauce that was sensational. The roasted broccoli was great too. The Rye Grill is always good for hamburgers but we all really enjoyed our fish! The salad with goat cheese was delicious too! Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tp530VIPDined on 10/18/2014There were 6 of us for dinner,nothing ordered was very difficult,however my filet mignon sandwich which I ordered med/rare came out med/well The crispy onions were cold. I sent my steak back and after 20 minutes it had still not come back. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Too loud on Saturday nightdebmomVIPDined on 10/18/2014We often eat at Rye Grill. They have a nice varied menu so everyone can find something they want. Unfortunately the noise level on a Saturday night is deafening! We thought it might be better to sit upstairs, but, no, it was so loud you had to shout to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot.JanredVIPDined on 10/12/2014The Rye Grill and Bar is next to the train station and has plenty of parking. The building is very attractive and the interior is charming. There are booths and tables. The menu is typical American lunch fare. We had sliders and fried grouper sandwiches. Both were very good. The service is excellent. We were there on a Sunday at noon. There were many families and several parties happening. The noise level was fine considering how many activities were going on. I would recommend the Rye Grill and Bar to friends and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!PacmomDined on 10/11/2014This has been our "go/to" restaurant for a casual meal for a number of years. The food is usually excellent. On this occasion the service was excellent. My husband ordered the special cowboy steak which was delicious and perfectly cooked. I ordered the petite filet mignon sandwich which I've had before and usually is very good. This time, however it was tough with some veins in it, making it difficult to eat. Needless to say I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always leave happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2014This is one of our favorite places, consistently good food and service. Special requests always seem to be accommodated.Special Features:
- Consistently good on all levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014I eat here all of the time and I'm still always impressed by the service. I have never once waited for food, drinks or the check or to have plates cleared and yet you never feel rushed. The people that work here are friendly and really good at their jobs. It's just a nice spot for lunch or dinner with something on the menu for everyone. Pearl does restaurants right at all of their establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayAmerica2014Dined on 9/20/2014The place is okay, the food was great but service was slow and kind off missing, i order a beer but my service forgot to bring the glass so I took a glass from the table next to my . , beside that was ok.Special Features:
- Good bar grubDavid10546Dined on 9/10/2014Something for everything, good for the basics, very nice staffSpecial Features:
- Never ceases to amazeAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have been to the Rye Grill numerous times. It always has superb cuisine and a great atmosphere. Try teh specials that always change and offer unique dishes of great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsJohnjayboyzDined on 8/24/2014Service was friendly and quick. I made a reservation online on Open Table and the table was all set and ready for us the second we walked in. The food was fresh and delicious and exactly as we ordered. Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!Victorious4Dined on 8/22/2014I come here a lot because it is a great place to meet friends for dinner. The food is great and so is the ambience. The prices are reasonable. This all adds up to a great value. I also highly recommend it for group functions. The service is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for everyoneflying33Dined on 8/21/2014Rye Grill has always been my go-to place. This time for a working dinner. We ate outside ( less noisy ). My "usual" salmon club dinner was perfectly cooked, with attentive service. Great that they allow many changes to how the food is prepared. We were able to linger, not feeling rushed. I appreciate that someone can eat lightly or order full dinner. I've used the upstairs party room for several celebrations with great success. Rye Grill appeals to all ages for so many reasons - it can be noisy & has a very lively bar. They are always welcoming!Special Features:
- Great place BUT NOISY!!!AnneVIPDined on 8/20/2014Obviously very popular and the food is good, but don't go if you want to hear people at your table. Not at all a good place for elderly or people with hearing aids. We had to shout the whole time. Many restaurants are noisy but because of the size, openness and hard wood floors - this place is worse than many in that regard.Special Features:
- LovelyromagirlDined on 8/2/2014Friends from out of town were very impressed. Food, service and setting all pleasant. Until a surprise birthday party (about 20 young women) was seated next to us, the noise was fine. In nicer weather the porch would have been a nice setting, but we still enjoyed the window seats we were given.Special Features:
- high prices, low servicesReluctantCustomerDined on 7/31/2014Once again the Rye Grill disappoints and embarrasses. I don't understand why it's so hard to get good service help. Surly waitress. Either she or the kitchen messed up the substitute-broccoli-for-fries order (which of course is an additional charge). Meal was over before the broccoli came out. At least she had the common sense to waive the additional charge. Bottom line: the place prices for perfection but rarely delivers. Such a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great choice for a family groupKathyDined on 7/30/2014Rye Grill and Bar was a crowd-pleaser. We brought a party of 9, in 3 generations, and everyone was able to find something they liked. The menu is diverse, from sliders and pizza to more "elegant" entrees, and the prices were reasonable. Our server was friendly, accommodating and on top of things without hovering. The atmosphere on a summer Wednesday evening was upbeat without being too noisy. Some people were dining out on the porch, which isn't exactly scenic, right on a parking lot, but it's fun to watch the trains go by. Parking is mostly metered, which is a minor inconvenience, because the restaurant, located in a large, historic house, is basically at the Rye train station. This was a great choice for our family gathering.Special Features:
- The following 595 reviews are from the Rye Grill and Bar reviews archive.
- Comfortable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/24/2014We always enjoy Rye Bar & Grill. On this night there was a hiccup in the timing of our food (salads arrived with entrees), but it was not a big deal as we were not in a hurry. We assumed it was because new waitstaff was being trained at our table. We ended up having the salad taken off our our bill. Everything else was fine, food good, the friend we brought enjoyed it and we were comfortable in our booth talking until most others had left.Special Features:
- Always good, never greatADZ1VIPDined on 7/22/2014Unlike Forrest Gump's box of choclates, you know exactly what you're going to get at Rye G & B. The food is consistently good and one should not expect it to rise to the level of great. This is glorified pub food, done well. Keep your expectations in check and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/20/2014We went for brunch and sat on the porch, which was very nice. The waitress could not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Great placeRobertVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is consistently very good . Benn here numerous times not a bad meal yetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerdjgitzDined on 7/17/2014Went here for lunch with a co-worker. Had the wrap and the chicken sandwich. Both were fantastic. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constantly very goodRobertVIPDined on 7/12/2014Quality of there food and service is always above parSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Little Booth in the BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014On Sunday morning this was a quiet and comfortable place to be. The bartender waited on us (party of 4). We all enjoyed our meals/drinks; we all left happy.Special Features:
- Always a great place to dineAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 7/2/2014I have been to Rye Grill and Bar mant times. The service is always great and the cuisine is amazing. Try the specials. They are always unique and just a little different. I know I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lilyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Good food, great for families and a local dinner. But WAY too loud.
- DELICIOUS!1234boysDined on 6/21/2014We were a party of 4 and we all enjoyed our meal. My swordfish was like butter. I would order that again next time. Our waitress was very polite and attentive to our needs. I certainly would make this a regular dining spot and recommend it to friends. Loved the atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayPeggyDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed a lovely Father's Day meal out on the porch. Food is consistently good - great burgers, onion strings, lobster bisque and on and on. We would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodRobertVIPDined on 6/14/2014This place is very consisant with there food and service. Very pleasant atmosphere . That's why I keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Our server was awesome!! I would come back again based on the level five service he provided. I wish I knew his name. He was patient, helpful, genuine and such a gem. The food was very good. Thank you for a great experience!!Special Features:
- Week night at the GrillFoodSwamiDined on 6/4/2014Always a town favorite. Great place for the family and to unwind after a long day. Meatball sliders looked good and will need try. Had the turkey wrap with bacon and avocado, side of french fries. Hit the spot!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been to Rye Bar and Grill many times and have loved it, but this time was not good. Service was terrible- we waited forever for our appetizers. The manager brought over my appetizer salad and said "here is your salad without bacon" placing a salad with bacon in front of me and then he ran off before letting me tell him it was wrong. Then my boyfriend asked for no sauce on his fish and they brought sauce. That same manager came over to apologize and told us he would come back and check on us and never did. They also did not take anything off the bill as an apology for messing up each course of our meal. The manager needs some hospitality training!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- over70yearsoldDined on 5/30/2014Although we sat upstairs and in a corner,the noise level was very high. It was not possible to carry on a normal conversation. we willl go back but only early in the week --never on the weekend, Food was very good and waitress was excellent.Special Features:
- Food - good, Service - not so much.NYCMOMOF2BOYSVIPDined on 5/26/2014Every time we've gone to Rye Grill & Bar the food and service have been good. This visit, tables that had sat down & ordered after us were served before us. We continued to ask about our food, we were told it's coming out. Turns out that our waiter had forgotten to put our order in. We were with our kids & had asked if it was going to be a long time & the waiter assured us it wouldn't. When the food finally came an hour after sitting down, it came out plate by plate and the kids got their food last. The food was fine & the manager did the right thing & took $ off, but next time we would appreciate not being lied to. Just tell the truth, apologize & tell us that you forgot to put the order in, we wouldn't have gotten so frustrated.Special Features: