Rye and Thyme
14 Monument Square
Leominster, MA 01453Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rye and Thyme
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryeandthyme.com/
- Phone: (978) 534-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Debra Covino 9785345900
A word from Rye and Thyme
We are proud to bring you Rye & Thyme, an American Tavern, in the space formerly occupied by The Monument Grill in the historic Wood Block Building of 1890 in downtown Leominster. The atmosphere at Rye & Thyme has all the charm of an old Tavern and features a new Raw Bar with a rotating selection of the freshest shellfish from local waters. Rye & Thyme also features a wood grill that will be our kitchen"s signature piece of cooking equipment. Wood Fired Pizzas, Steaks, Seafood, Chops and Burgers with the added flavor of smoke and wood. At Rye & Thyme we are pleased to focus on "American Made" Spirits with a particular focus on American Whiskey with an extensive list of Bourbon and Rye. Add in a craft approach to our featured cocktails to showcase our spirits, an all American wine and beer list to highlight the quality and craftsmanship being produced in the United States and you have a true American Tavern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Rye and Thyme - Best Restaurants in Leominster ›
Rye and Thyme reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (19)special occasion (14)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)romantic (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Date NightOhianDined on 11/14/2014Great Collection of expertly crafted, often unique cocktails. Bobbi was instrumental with her perfect service, in making this a great night. I had the Steak and Fries, with the Thyme-Dijon sauce, while my wife had the fillet with mashed potatoes. Finished the night with a trio of truffles and the bread pudding. Great, mild atmosphere with a private feel. Extremely enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night out!lancasterDined on 11/12/2014I met a friend for a mid week dinner and it was an enjoyable evening. The food was excellent. We both had yellowfin tuna. Though we ordered different sauces both were excellent, as were the sides of asparagus. The service was attentive but a bit slow, given it was midweek. On the upside, we weren't rushed! I plan to return agaih.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!JojoDined on 11/1/2014We needed to find some place at the last minute and this was a great choice! The food and ambience was awesome. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner was so sohatecookingDined on 11/1/2014my husband got the Pork Osso Buco and it was overcooked. my son got the cheese cake for dessert and said it was dry. I had the salmon with dill and it was very good.
- Lovely place for dinner in nice old townAnnaDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food and service. Roast chicken was delightful - all very fresh and tasty !I would recommend this to a friend.
- fig pizzalindaVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is the only place I can find the awesome fig pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thyme!AndrewDined on 10/23/2014Awesome food and drinks, great staff! Would absolutely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealMikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to Rye and Thyme a couple times now, and have been happy with my all my meal. The family has gotten the burger, steaks, chicken pot pie, lamb, salmon and oysters. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, awesome,awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Been telling our friends about it - can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteKMacVIPDined on 10/5/2014Birthday dinner celebration. Timing was perfect with the Brew & Oyster Fest. Arrived in the transition time between brunch & dinner menu and was able to sample from both. We started with the oysters (of course) and shared a batch of the brunch poutine (pastrami hash, bacon, gravy & cheese over fries). Oysters were fresh & flavorful. For entrees, wife & son had the sesame crusted yellowfin tuna and I had the long bone veal rib chop. All were cooked as requested and were delicous. The only disappointment was the grilled corn on the cob -- it was obviously pre cooked by boiling and then thrown on the grill. It was cold but cooked through with a hint of grill marks.Special Features:
- Nice Night Out!richleeDined on 9/27/2014Great date night...it was simply wonderful for my husband and I to escape for a while. While this isn't the most 'kid friendly' menu, foodies would enjoy it tremendously. My chicken marsala special was fantastic and my husband always enjoys the beef and ale. A most pleasurable experience!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good atmosphereCherylRDined on 8/31/2014Good food and good atmosphere. We are vegetarians and enjoyed a delicious caprese salad and veggie pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014I made a reservation ahead of time for 1pm on a Sunday. When we arrived the restaurant was pretty empty. It took a long time to get our drinks and over half an hour for the waitress to come back and take our food order. Food was OK, but service was very slow.Special Features:
- Delicious food & excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Attentive waitress, extensive bar menu, creative food, awesome outdoor paito.Special Features:
- DangerousLobsterpieVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of our party ordered the chicken pot pie. It had no chicken. Instead it had salmon. He was totally fine with it, but if I had ordered that dish and gotten salmon I would have spent the night in the ER. I don't even know what to say about that except it was just a really unacceptable and potentially dangerous error on the part of the kitchen. Our server didn't seem surprised which tells me a lot and he didn't seem particularly concerned which stunned me. Otherwise it's a fairly good. Reasonably priced, casual, service a bit slow, food is hit or miss. Problems, aside from the above, tend to be overcooked or dry dishes.Special Features:
- The following 238 reviews are from the Rye and Thyme reviews archive.
- Great!MFW13Dined on 7/25/2014A little out of the way from Worcester, and a little pricy, but worth it. Excellent, creative food, great service, delicious drinks, and a great outdoor seating area. Another hit from Niche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN4FOODDined on 7/19/2014Rye and Thyme has the only raw bar around-the clams on the half shell and oysters are always fresh and delicious. We love the seafood there in general. The traffic going by lends to the ambience when you dine outside. ALWAYS A GREAT MEAL!Special Features:
- A must!AmyZDined on 7/18/2014This place was awesome. Great beer, wine, and alcohol list. There is a little bit of everything from appetizers, a raw bar, burgers, pizza, and surf and turf entrees. I highly recommend. The oysters and white pizza were delicious. Can't wait to go back and try something different.Special Features:
- Great food and live music!Cyn78thiaDined on 7/11/2014Dined in the draught cellar to hear the live music. Very good entertainment and great food and drinks! Service was a bit slow, but I didn't mind too much because I was chatting with a friend. Definitely would go back, especially for some live music.Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant in Fitchburg!bgravelDined on 7/11/2014I've been to the Rye & Time six or seven times now, on various days at various times. Never has the food or service been anything but exceptional. Their cocktails are to die for; their wine list is modest, but on-point; and the food menu is perfectly sized (smaller and filled with foods that will come out perfectly every time, instead of hundreds of mediocre options). The waiters and waitresses are top-notch and deserve accolades for their knowledge, energy, and performance as well. Overall, an excellent establishment with fair prices (I mean, $1/oyster...can't beat that!) and a great atmosphere. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and food is randomhonestDined on 7/5/2014foid sounds great on the menu but lacks in a lot of areas. great for large rowdy people with kids that do no care about the foodSpecial Features:
- Delicious, High-Quality Food!RalphDined on 6/28/2014Finally a good steak in the Leominster Area! Rye and Thyme offers quality, well-prepared dishes with those signature touches. The steaks are great cuts, and cooked to perfection. They offer a variety of sauces, and extras like a fried egg, or Foie Gras Truffle Butter. The steak is served with a garden salad, with an upgrade to a caesar, however the portion is too small for an upgrade. The drinks are excellent; the Pimm's Sqaure is a must-try. Overall a great restaurant with some great food.Special Features:
- Very nice experiencekarrutaDined on 6/23/2014We visited here for my birthday, party of 7. They gave us a nice table in an alcove. I like that the food was different and that there was a fun beer list. The table was covered in brown paper which was perfect for my grandson to write on with his crayons. There is plenty of parking and the wait staff was very attentive but not overwhelming. We plan to go again.Special Features:
- 0.Great placeMerriKDined on 6/18/2014This was our 1st time here. Everything was above what I thought, service, food. A great place for an evening out. The downstairs bar is more of a pub scene and upstairs is both casual and quiet area, outside dining also!!!Special Features:
- Good place to meet friendshdskifreakDined on 6/15/2014We met friend for dinner at the outdoor patio. We had been there before and enjoyed the food and drinks quite a bit. It is still consistently good food with plenty of options for just about everyone. The wine by the glass list is pretty good, but 95% american. The beer selection is also very good, but also very American. We find everything very well priced, and it's another good reason to go there.Special Features:
- Rye and ThymeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Having tried and enjoyed other Niche Hospitality restaurants such as Bocado and Mezcal, I was not disappointed by Rye and Thyme. The food, service and atmosphere were exceptional. We'll be back.Special Features:
- steak tipsMikeDined on 6/13/2014My steak was cooked right tplace the temperature that I wanted. But my wife steak tips were over cooked and the says was awful. The says was so bad that she gaged when she first tryed them. I try ed them myself and would say it tasted like wet leather.Special Features:
- great foodscorgieDined on 6/8/2014There were four of us in the group,each of us had a different meal.All of the food was good.Our server was very helpful and upbeat.She was knowledgeable about the food and was very attentive.I would definitely recommend th Rye and Thyme.Special Features:
- Less Dining, More BarJosiahDined on 6/6/2014I've been to R&T a few times for different dining and drinking experiences. I have to say it falls short on the dining experience - overpriced, mediocre menu options, and no vegetarian choices. However, I have been to the downstairs bar and there is a great beer selection. I've been with groups, and have gotten good service. In summary, it's a little short on the dining experience and offers more on the bar scene experience.Special Features:
- Great Night in LeominsterMotherof4Dined on 5/31/2014Hadn't been to Rye & Thyme for at least a year or so, and was thrilled at how it has improved (and it was already good!). My mother had the rack of lamb (she's very picky) and said it was delicious. I had the filet mignon medium rare, and it was cooked perfectly. Seared on the outside so it had a little crisping, warm red center - fabulous! We had the button mushrooms as a side, and the red wine sauce in which they were cooked made them scrumptious. The restaurant-made Dijon vinaigrette on the salad was ALMOST as good as the maple dressing when the restaurant was the Monument Grill, and the salad was fresh with lots of veggies (not just lettuce and a few tomatoes). The Porter Ale brownie dessert was 5 stars.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014My overall experience was very good. The drinks were great and so was the service. My date's dinner was excellent. I was disappointed with my beer and ale tips. (I think that's what they were called) The presentation and flavor was good but I counted 4 maybe 5 tips in the dish. Being a meat and potato type of guy I think I was expecting a portion like you'd get at the 99's. That was my first visit but I would definitely go again. Thank You. :)Special Features:
- Refreshing changemedicamyDined on 5/17/2014So nice to find a good local restaurant, highlighting local food. Way too many delicious looking menu items! Will have to go back so as to try them all!Special Features:
- First time, great experienceLovetodineoutVIPDined on 5/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere. It was an excellent value for good food, good wine, great beer selection and excellent service. The bread was terrific, the burger, steak tips, fish and chips and salmon pasta dish were all delicious. The fries got a thumbs up. We will be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable night outlocalETRDined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at Rye and Thyme, I had previously heard some mixed reviews but decided to try it anyway as it seemed that from what was online, the older reviews were more critical than the more recent ones. We found the staff to be exceptional, very knowledgeable waiter and checked on us often. We sat in the smaller room to the side and the noise level was very acceptable. The food was good, not exceptional but good enough for a very pleasant evening out. I had read that they had a great selection of beer but was actually disappointed with their 'on tap' selection. Oh well, better luck next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKarenDined on 5/17/2014Delicious half chicken, my husband had fish and chips- one if his favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlfieDined on 5/16/2014Love, love, love this restaurant. The food was fabulous and the staff are simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy mothers dayTmerc64Dined on 5/11/2014Food was great a little slow on service, but that could have been just a busy Mothers day thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the better eateries in townmumzie2fourDined on 5/11/2014This was my second visit. Went for lunch on Mother's Day. They have brunch on Sundays too, which I didn't know. Ordered the soup of the day, kale and chorizo. Very, very good. Also had the beef and ale, was warned it was more like a stew. Wasn't going to bring home what I didn't eat because I didn't think it would reheat well. The waiter went out of his way to package it just so and it made for a delicious lunch the next day! My daughter had the mac and cheese which she couldn't finish and brought home. She did eat all of her tuna sashimi. I liked that it was seasoned and seared around the edges, more like tuna tataki. If I had know that I would have ordered it too. Both of us had bloody marys with cucumber vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kenzDined on 4/19/2014Server was super friendly and knowledgeable. Meals were decent. My friend had the salmon and loved it, I had steak and ordered it medium rare but it came out kind of tough and dry. Great drinks though!! I definitely recommend the bar downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe1stTimeDined on 4/11/2014good feel, some unusual food combinations, fun stuff to try. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.