Rye and Thyme
14 Monument Square
Leominster, MA 01453Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rye and Thyme
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ryeandthyme.com/
- Phone: 9785345900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Debra Covino 9785345900
A word from Rye and Thyme
We are proud to bring you Rye & Thyme, an American Tavern, in the space formerly occupied by The Monument Grill in the historic Wood Block Building of 1890 in downtown Leominster. The atmosphere at Rye & Thyme has all the charm of an old Tavern and features a new Raw Bar with a rotating selection of the freshest shellfish from local waters. Rye & Thyme also features a wood grill that will be our kitchen"s signature piece of cooking equipment. Wood Fired Pizzas, Steaks, Seafood, Chops and Burgers with the added flavor of smoke and wood. At Rye & Thyme we are pleased to focus on "American Made" Spirits with a particular focus on American Whiskey with an extensive list of Bourbon and Rye. Add in a craft approach to our featured cocktails to showcase our spirits, an all American wine and beer list to highlight the quality and craftsmanship being produced in the United States and you have a true American Tavern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Rye and Thyme - Best Restaurants in Leominster ›
Rye and Thyme reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (18)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious food & excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Attentive waitress, extensive bar menu, creative food, awesome outdoor paito.Special Features:
- DangerousLobsterpieVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of our party ordered the chicken pot pie. It had no chicken. Instead it had salmon. He was totally fine with it, but if I had ordered that dish and gotten salmon I would have spent the night in the ER. I don't even know what to say about that except it was just a really unacceptable and potentially dangerous error on the part of the kitchen. Our server didn't seem surprised which tells me a lot and he didn't seem particularly concerned which stunned me. Otherwise it's a fairly good. Reasonably priced, casual, service a bit slow, food is hit or miss. Problems, aside from the above, tend to be overcooked or dry dishes.Special Features:
- Great!MFW13Dined on 7/25/2014A little out of the way from Worcester, and a little pricy, but worth it. Excellent, creative food, great service, delicious drinks, and a great outdoor seating area. Another hit from Niche!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN4FOODDined on 7/19/2014Rye and Thyme has the only raw bar around-the clams on the half shell and oysters are always fresh and delicious. We love the seafood there in general. The traffic going by lends to the ambience when you dine outside. ALWAYS A GREAT MEAL!Special Features:
- A must!AmyZDined on 7/18/2014This place was awesome. Great beer, wine, and alcohol list. There is a little bit of everything from appetizers, a raw bar, burgers, pizza, and surf and turf entrees. I highly recommend. The oysters and white pizza were delicious. Can't wait to go back and try something different.Special Features:
- Great food and live music!Cyn78thiaDined on 7/11/2014Dined in the draught cellar to hear the live music. Very good entertainment and great food and drinks! Service was a bit slow, but I didn't mind too much because I was chatting with a friend. Definitely would go back, especially for some live music.Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant in Fitchburg!bgravelDined on 7/11/2014I've been to the Rye & Time six or seven times now, on various days at various times. Never has the food or service been anything but exceptional. Their cocktails are to die for; their wine list is modest, but on-point; and the food menu is perfectly sized (smaller and filled with foods that will come out perfectly every time, instead of hundreds of mediocre options). The waiters and waitresses are top-notch and deserve accolades for their knowledge, energy, and performance as well. Overall, an excellent establishment with fair prices (I mean, $1/oyster...can't beat that!) and a great atmosphere. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and food is randomhonestDined on 7/5/2014foid sounds great on the menu but lacks in a lot of areas. great for large rowdy people with kids that do no care about the foodSpecial Features:
- Delicious, High-Quality Food!RalphDined on 6/28/2014Finally a good steak in the Leominster Area! Rye and Thyme offers quality, well-prepared dishes with those signature touches. The steaks are great cuts, and cooked to perfection. They offer a variety of sauces, and extras like a fried egg, or Foie Gras Truffle Butter. The steak is served with a garden salad, with an upgrade to a caesar, however the portion is too small for an upgrade. The drinks are excellent; the Pimm's Sqaure is a must-try. Overall a great restaurant with some great food.Special Features:
- Very nice experiencekarrutaDined on 6/23/2014We visited here for my birthday, party of 7. They gave us a nice table in an alcove. I like that the food was different and that there was a fun beer list. The table was covered in brown paper which was perfect for my grandson to write on with his crayons. There is plenty of parking and the wait staff was very attentive but not overwhelming. We plan to go again.Special Features:
- 0.Great placeMerriKDined on 6/18/2014This was our 1st time here. Everything was above what I thought, service, food. A great place for an evening out. The downstairs bar is more of a pub scene and upstairs is both casual and quiet area, outside dining also!!!Special Features:
- Good place to meet friendshdskifreakDined on 6/15/2014We met friend for dinner at the outdoor patio. We had been there before and enjoyed the food and drinks quite a bit. It is still consistently good food with plenty of options for just about everyone. The wine by the glass list is pretty good, but 95% american. The beer selection is also very good, but also very American. We find everything very well priced, and it's another good reason to go there.Special Features:
- Rye and ThymeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Having tried and enjoyed other Niche Hospitality restaurants such as Bocado and Mezcal, I was not disappointed by Rye and Thyme. The food, service and atmosphere were exceptional. We'll be back.Special Features:
- steak tipsMikeDined on 6/13/2014My steak was cooked right tplace the temperature that I wanted. But my wife steak tips were over cooked and the says was awful. The says was so bad that she gaged when she first tryed them. I try ed them myself and would say it tasted like wet leather.Special Features:
- great foodscorgieDined on 6/8/2014There were four of us in the group,each of us had a different meal.All of the food was good.Our server was very helpful and upbeat.She was knowledgeable about the food and was very attentive.I would definitely recommend th Rye and Thyme.Special Features:
- Less Dining, More BarJosiahDined on 6/6/2014I've been to R&T a few times for different dining and drinking experiences. I have to say it falls short on the dining experience - overpriced, mediocre menu options, and no vegetarian choices. However, I have been to the downstairs bar and there is a great beer selection. I've been with groups, and have gotten good service. In summary, it's a little short on the dining experience and offers more on the bar scene experience.Special Features:
- Great Night in LeominsterMotherof4Dined on 5/31/2014Hadn't been to Rye & Thyme for at least a year or so, and was thrilled at how it has improved (and it was already good!). My mother had the rack of lamb (she's very picky) and said it was delicious. I had the filet mignon medium rare, and it was cooked perfectly. Seared on the outside so it had a little crisping, warm red center - fabulous! We had the button mushrooms as a side, and the red wine sauce in which they were cooked made them scrumptious. The restaurant-made Dijon vinaigrette on the salad was ALMOST as good as the maple dressing when the restaurant was the Monument Grill, and the salad was fresh with lots of veggies (not just lettuce and a few tomatoes). The Porter Ale brownie dessert was 5 stars.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014My overall experience was very good. The drinks were great and so was the service. My date's dinner was excellent. I was disappointed with my beer and ale tips. (I think that's what they were called) The presentation and flavor was good but I counted 4 maybe 5 tips in the dish. Being a meat and potato type of guy I think I was expecting a portion like you'd get at the 99's. That was my first visit but I would definitely go again. Thank You. :)Special Features:
- Refreshing changemedicamyDined on 5/17/2014So nice to find a good local restaurant, highlighting local food. Way too many delicious looking menu items! Will have to go back so as to try them all!Special Features:
- First time, great experienceLovetodineoutVIPDined on 5/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere. It was an excellent value for good food, good wine, great beer selection and excellent service. The bread was terrific, the burger, steak tips, fish and chips and salmon pasta dish were all delicious. The fries got a thumbs up. We will be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable night outlocalETRDined on 5/17/2014This was our first time at Rye and Thyme, I had previously heard some mixed reviews but decided to try it anyway as it seemed that from what was online, the older reviews were more critical than the more recent ones. We found the staff to be exceptional, very knowledgeable waiter and checked on us often. We sat in the smaller room to the side and the noise level was very acceptable. The food was good, not exceptional but good enough for a very pleasant evening out. I had read that they had a great selection of beer but was actually disappointed with their 'on tap' selection. Oh well, better luck next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKarenDined on 5/17/2014Delicious half chicken, my husband had fish and chips- one if his favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlfieDined on 5/16/2014Love, love, love this restaurant. The food was fabulous and the staff are simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy mothers dayTmerc64Dined on 5/11/2014Food was great a little slow on service, but that could have been just a busy Mothers day thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the better eateries in townmumzie2fourDined on 5/11/2014This was my second visit. Went for lunch on Mother's Day. They have brunch on Sundays too, which I didn't know. Ordered the soup of the day, kale and chorizo. Very, very good. Also had the beef and ale, was warned it was more like a stew. Wasn't going to bring home what I didn't eat because I didn't think it would reheat well. The waiter went out of his way to package it just so and it made for a delicious lunch the next day! My daughter had the mac and cheese which she couldn't finish and brought home. She did eat all of her tuna sashimi. I liked that it was seasoned and seared around the edges, more like tuna tataki. If I had know that I would have ordered it too. Both of us had bloody marys with cucumber vodka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Rye and Thyme reviews archive.
- kenzDined on 4/19/2014Server was super friendly and knowledgeable. Meals were decent. My friend had the salmon and loved it, I had steak and ordered it medium rare but it came out kind of tough and dry. Great drinks though!! I definitely recommend the bar downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe1stTimeDined on 4/11/2014good feel, some unusual food combinations, fun stuff to try. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceTeddyDined on 4/4/2014Excellent seafood, very fresh. Food was even great for land-lovers. The entire meal was enjoyable. This is now one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends & FoodUncleLarryDined on 4/4/2014A small group headed out to dinner and a couple of them were running late. So we ordered the crab cake appetizer which is new on the menu. Lots of crab, very tasty, my only complaint was that it could have been a little hotter. Once everyone showed, we ordered entrees. I had the fish & chips. It is a huge piece of haddock and a generous portion of fries. Excellent! Two of the women had the chicken pot pie. Excellent comfort food and well prepared. A winner! Another lady had the salmon with dill and boldly proclaimed it was the best salmon she has ever had. Finally, our friend wanted steak au poivre, which is not a menu item, however the chef prepared one for him and he proclaimed it was perfect. Wait staff, Drew was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but ....NancyDined on 3/29/2014First, the service is great, the atmosphere is nice and for grown-ups, the noise level trends toward moderate, the menu selection is good, and it is one of the few "nice" restaurants in the area. Now for the buts - the food is quite salty over-all. While my husband's lamb was nicely seasoned, my Salmon in Dill Sauce (or something like that) was very salty. The sauce was salty, the roasted red peppers clearly came from a very salty can; the dish was very good in principle except that the salt was overpowering. Also, the crab cakes were good in principle, but the crumb coating was pale; it didn't appear to be baked or sautéed at all. Finally, I ordered a bottle of white wine that arrived with cool bottle but room temperature wine.Special Features:
- I love the Niche Group resturants,AnotherHenryBowmanVIPDined on 3/28/2014I love the Niche Group resturants, past (Block Five) and present (Bocada, Still N Stir/TPK, Mezcal). This particaular expereince similar to the other one I've had here, however was simply "OK". We had oyesters (Oysterville and Wellfleet) - they were fantastic. The seared tuna I had was 'OK' and the grilled asparagas - had seen a little too much flame.
- interesting food and beveragesDuffyDined on 3/14/2014Rye and Thyme has some exceptional food choices. The last time I went with my husband and friends; drinks, appetizers, and entries were thoroughly enjoyed by all. No complaints here, only praise for the whole experience.Special Features:
- A little disappointed in brunch.JMMKDined on 3/9/2014A little disappointed in brunch. I ordered something outside my comfort zone and you could tell the waffles and chicken were from frozen stock. Next time I'll try the pizza or raw bar! You can't go wrong with pizza! Ambiance and music were both fantastic! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAnthonyDined on 3/7/2014Food was great, service was a little slow but the waiter was friendly and attentive. Dessert was great and the beer selection was great. Enjoyed myselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014We have been here many times and this most recent visit didn't live up to our previous experiences. The service was pretty lackluster-- waiting up to 45 minutes for our appetizers because "the oyster shucker was too busy"? Wine, when ordered, took a few gentle nudges to the waiter to get delivered. Our favorite steak and fries were good but missing the pickled vegetables that were an interesting accompaniment in the past and the usually delicious thyme mustard was just okay. This is a great place that hopefully was just having an off-night. (The waiter was at any rate!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food, deafeningly loudB893Dined on 3/7/2014We ate here Friday evening; the food was poorly prepared and it was so loud you could not have a conversation. Salads were drowning in their dressings and inedible. Very limited menu. Sitting in the side room, between the blaring music, high ceiling and crowded room you couldn't hear people on the other side of the booth. Do not recommend.
- My husband loved the duckHHunt85Dined on 2/28/2014My husband loved the duck duo special. I had the fish and chips, which was good, but nothing special. Huge portions. We would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food in a very relaxedMandMDined on 2/28/2014Superb food in a very relaxed pub-like atmosphere. This is where foodies can go to eat without dressing up.Special Features:
- family diningjackiDined on 2/21/2014We were seated right away and had a nice table in the larger of the rooms which is a little loud, I think the room could be warmed up a little with some decorations that would cut down on the noise but very nice just the same. Most of the food was good, but the flank steak we got was tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome jeweldredrhinoDined on 2/19/2014Spent my 20th wedding anniversary, awesome food atmosphere the salmon was incredible. ..always say if they cant do it better than I can at home why go...they did it better well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.