Overall Great RestaurantRyan's is great from the lovely entrance with water feature and rhododendrons in bloom, to the cheese and crackers at the bar while waiting on the party members to arrive, great appetizer choices, wonderful variety of entrees. My favorites are the view (like you are sitting in the woods) and the berries in the caramel nut basket!!5/15/2013 12:00:00 AMreservation was fast and helpful.reservation was fast and helpful. Food was perfect.5/13/2013 12:00:00 AMRyan's RocksThis is NOT the national chain Ryan's that offers the buffets and the low quality steaks from a 40 year old cow. This Ryan's is an upscale restaurant offering great steaks, seafood, and chops.
- Great place for steaks. Ruth's Chris and Morton's are slightly better but Ryan's is still great.
- Great place for impressing business clients, anniversaries, and special occasions
- Good wine list
- Service was very good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu.
- Love the building with its large windows showing the woods. Fantastic ambience.
- Highly recommend this place5/12/2013 12:00:00 AMCalifornia vistiorsWe were in town visiting from San Francisco, CA over Mothers Day and decided on Ryan's in Winston Salem for Mother's Day 2013. Started off with a cocktail at the small bar before being seated. We were greeted by our server, Sydney, who started us off with a great southern smile and positive upbeat attitude. Mother's Day was hectic and we were eating late so we knew she had a tough evening. Our meal was terrific, we never toughted the wine bottle, Sydney was on the spot to refill our glasses. Will definitely return to Ryans on our next visit to the area.5/12/2013 12:00:00 AMRyans for Mothers DayWhat a truly outstanding meal. The steaks melted in our mouth. I coult not ask for a better dining experience.5/12/2013 12:00:00 AMPerfectRyan's was a perfect place to take my wife and Mother out for Mother's Day. Often people get it confused with the Ryan's that has the buffeet, but it is far nacer than that restaurant.5/12/2013 12:00:00 AMMother's DayDisappointed that they were out of the Lobster bisque and Sea Bass special. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes were a hit. Service was good quality and informative.5/12/2013 12:00:00 AMWe had a great time. The foodWe had a great time. The food and service were exceptional.5/11/2013 12:00:00 AMMother's DayWe had a wonderful Mother's Day dinner with my 90 year old Mother. She had her favorite treat and a great dinner. The service was perfect. Thanks, Betsy5/11/2013 12:00:00 AMConsistencyWe always find a solid standard of service. The prime filet was outstanding as was the salmon dish - very enjoyable5/10/2013 12:00:00 AMWonderful in all respects!This was the second time visiting Ryans. We were in the area moving our daughter home from Wake Forest. Took her and her boyfriend for dinner. Spinach salad was great. Large enough to share. Scallop appetizer with bacon was so delicious. All really enjoyed the steaks cooked to perfection and flavorful. The delicious Grouper tasted freshly caught was a hit. Sinful desserts. May I suggest the pecan pie and the homemade carrot cake. Service was impeccable and every table was filled. Looking forward to going back for Parent's weekend in October. Request a window table. The view in quite charming.5/9/2013 12:00:00 AMOutstandingLove this restaurant. The entrance is charming, tucked away int eh rhodendron. Lovely view over the creek with the lighted bridge. The filet melts in your mouth. The blackened NY Strip was tended and delicious. Gret meal, wonderful server.5/8/2013 12:00:00 AMwonderful place for special dinnersNever disappoints. Food is superior, service attentive but not obtrusive, ambiance best in town-highly revommended.5/7/2013 12:00:00 AMThe food is great but theThe food is great but the place needs some updating. Was very happy with our reservations. They were ready for us ahead of time.5/4/2013 12:00:00 AMProm 2013My daughter chose Ryan's for her junior prom meal. She had chosen this because she loves the food and atmosphere of Ryan's. She actually had a family birthday meal there for her 16th birthday. Our family likes Ryan's for special occasion meals. She said she had a wonderful time and that the service was super. Thank you for helping create special memories for Abbey and her friends!5/4/2013 12:00:00 AMRyan's was great dinner spotI made reservations using OpenTable without a hitch. When we arrived our table was waiting for us. The menu has changed separating out salad from the previous menu which included a salad with steak dinners. I found the prices were on the high side but the food was excellent.5/3/2013 12:00:00 AMFine Food Find!Tucked away in the least likely corner of Winston-Salem is this gem of a joint. Good food, served extremely well in a relaxing environment. Looking forward to a return engagement.4/30/2013 12:00:00 AMRomantic Night With WifeFirst off our server was AWESOME! She took great care of us. The food was good. The only recommendation that I would make is give folks more food for what they pay for. Some of the other servers that did not have customer were loud at times. But all in all it was a food dining experience. Our server was Kat and she deserves to be recognized.4/29/2013 12:00:00 AMSuperb food and serviceRyan's is a locally-owned upscale restaurant -- it's _not_ Ryan's the cafeteria chain.
One of the few places in the area serving Oysters Rockefeller as an appetizer. The food and service are always superb.4/27/2013 12:00:00 AMBest wine list around - awesomeBest wine list around - awesome selection and fairly priced. Although known for their steaks, we almost always have seafood and are never disappointed. Always a great experience with wonderful service.4/26/2013 12:00:00 AMMedium well steak was overdoneMedium well steak was overdone for me. Everything else was fine.4/22/2013 12:00:00 AMGreat restaurant... GreatGreat restaurant... Great service, food and attention to detail. Always a dining pleasure to eat at Ryan's.4/17/2013 12:00:00 AMRyan's has it rightThe food was prepared flawlessly. The plate presentation was appealing. The service was attentive but unobtrusive. The noise was at a level that allowed comfortable conversation. A truly fabulous experience.4/17/2013 12:00:00 AMVery nice spot!Took my parents and Wake Forest student for a great dinner. Food was excellent with a relaxed atmosphere. Will definitely be back.4/13/2013 12:00:00 AMBest fine dining in the Triad!!!We have always enjoyed dining at Ryan's and this was no exception. I made a reservation on "Open Table" and asked if it was possible to have a table at a window as it was our anniversary. Not only did they honor that request, but when we were finished with the meal, the waiter came out with two huge, beautiful cupcakes in honor of our anniversary!! Totally unexpected as we never mentioned it except on our reservation. Ryan's continues to be our favorite for fine dining!!4/12/2013 12:00:00 AMOur server was Mark, who wasOur server was Mark, who was outstanding and very friendly. The food was perfectly prepared. The time to get served was excellent. Overall an outstanding choice when you consider we had a 2 hour drive to get there from Meadows of Dan. We needed a really nice dinner out and Ryans was the perfect choice. We will be back soon.
Norman Williams4/10/2013 12:00:00 AMEnjoyed our visit to Ryan'sEnjoyed our visit to Ryan's very much. Food was wonderful and we were able to have a quiet conversation with our friends.
Service and wine selection great also.4/10/2013 12:00:00 AMVery good sushi and sushiVery good sushi and sushi rolls. Shrimp fried rice was perfect.4/6/2013 12:00:00 AMA great dinner with greatA great dinner with great service. We went to the dinner before the Elton John concert and the service was more than attentive and allowed us plenty of time to make the show.4/6/2013 12:00:00 AMAwesome!!My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Ryan's this evening. Everything was fabulous from the food, wine list, ambiance and service. Top notch - I highly recommend this restaurant.4/5/2013 12:00:00 AMWonderful fine-dining restaurant!I am new to Winston Salem, and have been trying to find quality restaurants in the area, since moving here. Ryan's Restaurant is definitely what I have been looking for. The atmosphere is sophisticated, yet comfortable. There are smaller dining areas throughout, which makes for a nice dining experience. The service was excellent and the wine selection was vast with a variety of great wines. The food, in general, was well prepared and presented, with the exception of our salads, which did not appear too fresh and were significantly over-dressed. We both had steaks, cooked to our preferences, with baked potatoes followed by a delicious, in-house prepared dessert - excellent! We will definitely return!4/1/2013 12:00:00 AMexcellent restaurant withexcellent restaurant with a nice atmosphere. We are definitely going back. Server was great.3/27/2013 12:00:00 AMThe food was delicious, theThe food was delicious, the service was great, the staff was very attentive3/25/2013 12:00:00 AMAn excellent choice for goodAn excellent choice for good food and good service. The wait staff is attentive and eager to please. Have eaten here twice and was not disappointed. Ryan's is on the list for continued dining pleasure.3/23/2013 12:00:00 AMRyan's SteakhouseWe've eaten at Ryan's numerous times since moving to the area - it is our favorite place to go, always great service and food.3/12/2013 12:00:00 AM