1200 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ryansgrill.com/
- Phone: (808) 591-9132
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eli Low
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ryan's Grill
In 1983, Ryan's changed the look of restaurants in Hawaii forever. Our signature open kitchen offers guests a view of the chef and his team preparing island favorites and American classics. Our mirrored bar is stocked with a hundred variations of elixirs used to create a variety of delectable cocktails. With our diverse menu, vibrant atmosphere and top-notch service team, Ryan's is a renowned favorite for not just locals, but military and mainland visitors alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ryan's Grill - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Ryan's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)great for lunch (46)special occasion (33)scenic view (29)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (20)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Another great meal and meet at Ryan'sKBayVIPDined on 11/18/2014We dine here at least once a month. We had our favorite wait person to help us, Judy. We had tasty lunches, especially the Opah dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant waitressmorikDined on 11/14/2014I liked that the waitress refilled our drinks timely and checked on us periodically. Very nice. I thought the meals were a bit steep for what you get. We had the soup and salad for $12.95. It's a good thing we also ordered an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for your dining pleasureKaimanaDined on 11/7/2014Ryan's provided excellent service and food. What more could you ask for.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceJandaDined on 11/6/2014Took 2 friends visiting from the mainland there for dinner. They really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. One of the ladies ordered the salmon dish and kept raving about it. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for an informal meetingThecasualprofessionalDined on 11/4/2014I met with a group of "like minded surgeons" there last week for one of our informal professional meetings. We met on the outside patio area and were able to converse in an environment that was neither too loud nor too quiet. It is sometimes difficult to find a place that strikes an atmospheric balance between being too casual and too formal but Ryan's Grill seems to fit the bill.Special Features:
- An Oldie, but a GoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Great for a business lunch. Almost everyone knows everyone. Great bar. Lots of room. Comfortable. Very decent food. Priced what you would expect for a good lunch place in Ward Center.Special Features:
- Excellent service and experience!cytoplasm65Dined on 10/26/2014My overall experience was awesome! My girlfriend and myself enjoyed the food, drinks, the ambience, and our waitress was outstanding. She really new her menu, and her service was excellent too!Special Features:
- Ryan's 10-25-14SuperflyOzDined on 10/25/2014Upon entry, we were early so we went to the bar to get drinks and have a pre-dinner appetizer. Service was satisfactory with attention given throughout our experience in the bar. At the reservation time, the hostess came and lead us to our seat. Bill from the bar immediately arrived at our table upon our arrival. So at least that gets taken care of quickly and out of the way. Ordering of appetizers and drinks proceeded as normal with the server coming by periodically about our choices for entree. Food ordered and arrived in a moderate amount of time. Food quality - modest. I ordered the Ryan's burger - burger was good upon arrival. French fries were "pedestrian" looked like they were just pored out of a bag of frozen french fried potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great staffNidaDined on 10/17/2014Tyler was intuitive to what we wanted and needed; very accommodating. Same with the reception and the food was very good! We had a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Unfortunately, I can't remember our servers name, but he was great! He was so patient with our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed LunchrickwaikikiDined on 10/15/2014Ryan's has a very economical business man's lunch for $10. The food was good maybe a 6 or 7 on 10 being the greatest ever scale. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable & consistentluckydogDined on 10/11/2014This is one of my favorite places because the restaurant offers all types of food, including local cuisine items. Food was good. I just wish I got to have the window view so my out of town guests could see the local sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent WaiterLexiDined on 10/10/2014Very good waiter Zak. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuDenYukiDined on 10/8/2014I've gone to Ryan's since the 90s and I was pleasantly surprised by the menu. Tried their Squid Katsu! Outstanding! Loved their classic burger!Special Features:
- GarrettDined on 10/7/2014Thanks for the great food! The slamon special with Miso and chow fun noodles was onolicious! We will be back!Special Features:
- SmileySmileyDined on 10/7/2014Our waiter, made all the difference because he was polite, sincere, accommodating and took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. It wasn't busy so he had tome to chat and answer our questions. The food was tadty and was well presented. It was cooked to our liking and we had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Birthday Dinner Was Great!!!!!!4ofUsCousinsDined on 10/5/2014I would highly recommend this place as a hang out for BIG group parties or even small groups too. The only thing that was sad was the cook burnt our KalBi Sizzling Platter twice!! I did mit care for it & also the Thai Chicken Salad had no dressing, had to ask for more on the side. Other then that, the waitress Shay was AWESOME, the food was good & the mIn thing was that we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business meetingKeffenVIPDined on 10/1/2014Staff absolutely wonderful. I arrived a bit early for my business lunch and but my guest arrived late. Hostess and waitstaff very understanding and accomodating. Food was absolutely delicious as well.Special Features:
- It is delicious.rio46Dined on 9/28/2014Delicacy which does not betray expectation.Loco moco is delicious.Special Features:
- Kids eat free Sundays!Mom32Dined on 9/28/2014I had no idea that this was available. I took the family out for lunch because I had a birthday dining credit on the restaurant rewards program I am a member of, and was happily surprised with the extra discount. As a teacher, finding ways to save money and still spend time with my kids (not my students) is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!!NCB123Dined on 9/27/2014The Kobe burgers an Jamaican jerk fries are to die for!! Service is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualByakuyafiendDined on 9/24/2014our server was excellent and the food wonderful as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but a bit priceyoDinerDined on 9/23/2014I am a long time Ryan's customer and this week went for lunch with 2 business associates and it was a bit pricey--even the salads.Special Features:
- Good Food Fair PriceFoodieJudyDined on 9/19/2014The food was fresh and tasty and pricing very moderate. The waiter was patient and attentive. Dining with elementary school aged kids with nut allergies. Was able to accommodate easily. The Lychee Martini was AWESOME! Great bar but also ok dining for family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very good foodKBayVIPDined on 9/18/2014Three of us, retired teachers met for lunch; we all ordered different entrees which we liked very much and we had our same charming wait person Judy who remembered us from last month and remembered that I love the Key Lime pie and one of my old friends like the Espresso coffee. We will return next month and ask for Judy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceFooMoonDined on 9/16/2014Andrew was our server. Excellent. Professional, friendly, personable. He made our dining experience memorable. Food was good - wide variety to select from. Hope Ryan's and Kincaid's will stay in Honolulu if they ever have to move due to the premises being demolished to make room for condos. Ugh! Both restaurants are our favorite places to dine and both are in ideal locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regulars...CelebratefoodDined on 9/13/2014Always great food, great service. Love the live music Saturdays.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneKikomomDined on 9/13/2014We came to Ryan's for a family dinner and everyone was happy with their orders. We had calamari and jerk fries for starters and our dinner ranged from burgers to salads to full entrees. 2 of us have diet restrictions and allergies and still found suitable dinners. Key lime pie and chocolate lava cake were shared and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovesYummyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Just about everything was great at Buca, except the food quality. It seems to have gone done a bit since that last several times we've been here. The pizza we normally order was not as "zesty" as it had previously been. It was good, but not excellent. Still it was a nice date nite.Special Features:
- excellent serviceHappyDined on 9/9/20142 of our party of 4 were celebrating birthdays - we rec'd birthday wishes from many of the staff, menu suggestions were appropriate, we all totally enjoyed our lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ! !DarrenDined on 9/6/2014It was a awesome evening for me & my Date..Service was was awesome & we were well taking care of from our waiter....Window view was nice... I'll be back soon...Special Features:
- Food great, service not so muchalohaVIPDined on 8/31/2014I'm a Ryan's regular and this visit wasn't that great. We visited on a Sunday at ~1730 so it wasn't that crowded. In order to take advantage of the labor day happy hour special, we sat in the bar area.. We had to get our own utensils (from other tables) and went for a long time without any water. Additionally, the waitress (or maybe kitchen staff), completed one of our orders incorrectly so one of our dishes were not correct.Special Features:
- very good place to eat and chatKBayVIPDined on 8/30/2014Trying to reconnect with old friends whom I had not seen in months(?) and a meal and time for long chat to catch up on lives was "perefect" at Ryan's Grill.Special Features:
- Good diningdm5414Dined on 8/29/2014It was a good dining spot. Great selection on the menu. Disappointing that they had ran out of the Salmon choices. Tried the Basil Crusted Ahi, sorry but I am not that much of a fan of Caujin Spices. I find most restaurants are too heavy with the spice coating. Did recall seeing anything about Caujin Spice, but I could have missed it being my 2nd choice since there was no Salmon. Overall it was a good dining experance.Special Features:
- Friend's lunchstarDined on 8/29/2014Asked for and received table in less-crowded area. Server was attentive but didn't push us to order food. However, we had to ask for iced tea refills as they were not offered - maybe table a little out of server's view.Special Features:
- Work LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We went to Ryan's Grill for a farewell lunch for a coworker. The food was amazing! I liked the fact that they had classic American food but gave it delicious new twist. The prices were reasonable and portion sizes were more than enough. I ordered the french onion soup! It was the best I have ever had! I've already told my husband that he is going to take me there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pupusLovesYummyVIPDined on 8/23/2014For the first time, we opted to dine in the Happy Hour lounge section of the restaurant and ordered off the pupu menu. We had the potstickers (excellent), the crab & artichoke dip (dip was excellent, the bread, not so much), kalua pork spring rolls (again, excellent), and calamari katsu (they should change the sauce). The prices were reasonable, and the quantity was just right for two people. We'll be baaaaaack.Special Features:
- Great place for ladies' lunch...KBayVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had not seen each other for months and wanted to celebrate one of our birthdays, belatedly. Ryan's Grill turned out to be the perfect spot to meet and eat and talk and catch up on each others' lives. The birthday "girl" seemed pleased with her meal and crème Brulee for dessert.Special Features:
- Lively Venuepoibboy52Dined on 8/15/2014Great for groups. Use Open Table for ease of reservations! Service is good, friendly hostesses and waiters. Bartenders are the best. Food selection is good, but dishes need more flavoring. Too boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Although we tipped 15%, service was fair. Server forgot to bring bread and did not come by for awhile to check on us. The food was ok. We were in a group and the consensus was that we would probably not go back to Ryan's again. Sorry....